Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Schubalts posted:

Because people like getting credit for the work they do? It's not a horrible ego trip to want to be given credit when your work is snatched up by someone else and then uploaded to a site like Nexus. Pulling all of your mods over something like that is less understandable, though.

The point of modding shouldn't be the credit though, it should be making something cool that someone else can use to make something else cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Modders who mod for the sake of modding exist, but even they still want at least their name mentioned if their work is used for something else. It's just a basic part of our minds to want aknowledgement for producing something that others love or find useful.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Naky posted:

Really? Good riddance then. The more guys with attitudes like this that leave, the better off the community might actually be for the long term. We absolutely need to get rid of this ridiculous ego trip every author requires to have stroked with every stroke of the keyboard they make.

Newsflash: the game is easily moddable and therefore so are your mods. Get over it - the secret was never a secret in the first place and your work and code is exposed for all to see. Why get mad over it and why not just embrace this fact and encourage people to do things with it anyway? If you don't like the prospect of people looking at your work and using portions of it, don't even start it in the first place!

I don't get it and I never have. Not since the Morrowind days when I was heavy into the Gamebryo modding scene and even more so now. [/rant]

The way I see it is that they at least want some acknowledgement for the time they put in. It would be like if you wrote a paper that was about something totally new, then someone came along and used your research and paper without any credit, then got really famous because of it.

However, given the situation, removing all one's mods over something like this is ridiculous, but I can at least understand wanting a couple words that give credit where credit is due.

FAKE EDIT: Or rather, if someone took large portions of your weapon mod and passed the work off as their own. If I were you in this hypothetical situation, I'd be pretty angry, but then again, I'm not you and no one is probably going to steal your work considering your mod is probably going to be goon only.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain McStabbin posted:

The way I see it is that they at least want some acknowledgement for the time they put in. It would be like if you wrote a paper that was about something totally new, then someone came along and used your research and paper without any credit, then got really famous because of it.

However, given the situation, removing all one's mods over something like this is ridiculous, but I can at least understand wanting a couple words that give credit where credit is due.

FAKE EDIT: Or rather, if someone took large portions of your weapon mod and passed the work off as their own. If I were you in this hypothetical situation, I'd be pretty angry, but then again, I'm not you and no one is probably going to steal your work considering your mod is probably going to be goon only.

The weapon mod is basically a bunch of people's work combined into one spot. Not to belittle what Naky's done, because he's fixed a ton of poo poo and it's been a lot of work, but it is. There's a lot of people bent about that though!

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

While pulling your work seems a little immature, I can understand the sentiment of wanting to be credited and even to have a word in whether your content is used. Imagine you made some entirely reasonable outfit, and then someone came along and deleted the entire chest/crotch area in order to make it into some lovely slut/gay cowboy outfit.

As someone who's used people's work for personal use without permission I can also understand what an annoyance it can be to track everyone down and get said permission though.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

See, that's just it though. I wouldn't be mad. I've taken this stance since my modding days in Morrowind - do what you will with my stuff. You can anyway, so why should I get angry or officially stop working on things? I do things for me first, but I may as well share it so others can enjoy it too.

I've put a ton of hours into this mod fixing an outrageous amount of things with various people's guns. Many were broken in many different ways and very, very few were problem free. One glance at my testing summaries file will show you that. That being said, if any one of you take the pack and upload it elsewhere, call it yours, etc then fine. I didn't make it for the credit and I don't care what you do with it afterwards. Heck, Arenovalis can pass it off to their weapons guy on the FOOK team and they can use it AND take credit for it. In my view, I'm happy that not only I get to enjoy it but others too. Take it, use it, enjoy it, mod it in ways I didn't, etc. Because the sick, cruel joke of it at the end of the day? I couldn't stop them even if I wanted to.

My point is that the way the community handles things now is very unhealthy. Asking for credit isn't unreasonable, and in my pack I'm certainly going to make an extensive generalized credit section and in my mind that should be more than fair. Those that created the original assets will know who they are and it's genuinely appreciated. But I refuse to contact 100+ people so I can get permission (or even sillier - be denied permission) on assets that are already out in the wild just because each person wants their individual name posted or control over where I can and can't put the pack up because the model they stole from another game happens to be included.

Over-reactions like the RTS guy are common place and ridiculous and right here and now I say to any modder or prospective modder: if you don't like it, seriously... don't even bother. This is the wrong engine to be modding for.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

got really famous because of it.

I agree with you about the credit thing, everyone likes credit (unless your ashamed of the work) but is becoming really famous a risk in fallout modding?

Edit: real question, the only name i know from fallout mods is Martigen, Still a lil broken up that there wont be anymore MMM.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

nomad2020 posted:

I agree with you about the credit thing, everyone likes credit (unless your ashamed of the work) but is becoming really famous a risk in fallout modding?

That's not the point. I don't get why "People deserve credit for their work" is an alien concept here. It's not like he's demanding a royalty check, he's simply asking for people to go "Hey we used parts of this guy's mod and he's a cool dude so we wanna give him credit, check out his stuff". It takes 5 seconds to add that to a txt file in the rar file and the posting on the nexus.

People have a right to feel like their work is attributed to them, even if the level of fame or money is small.

Sure maybe he's overreacting, that's an understandable belief to take. And maybe you as a modder don't care if people use your work without your permission, but someone still has the right to want that in their own work.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

nomad2020 posted:

Edit: real question, the only name i know from fallout mods is Martigen, Still a lil broken up that there wont be anymore MMM.

What happened, why isn't he making any more?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Martigen is just not making a New Vegas version. He's helping out the Increased Wasteland Spawn guys. Unless something changed.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

^so far as i know, that's still the plan

RagnarokAngel posted:

Really I agree, Its just sad to see a good mod fall off the map for some drama.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
Ah thats a relief then. His work has been awesome since Oblivion so I'd be really sad if he'd stopped modding Bethesda games altogether.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

RagnarokAngel posted:

People have a right to feel like their work is attributed to them, even if the level of fame or money is small.

Sure maybe he's overreacting, that's an understandable belief to take. And maybe you as a modder don't care if people use your work without your permission, but someone still has the right to want that in their own work.

On this point, I do agree with you. As I said, asking for the credit isn't unreasonable and in my case were I doing one weapon I would ask and I would credit specifically. The circumstances of my pack are just so complex that to truly go and get everyone's permission for everything involved - the original modeler, the original texturer, the original animator, the person that ripped the resources from the original sources, the person who got permission to port it from the previous person, etc that Nexus requires is insane. And probably impossible for weapons that were stolen from games like STALKER, Counterstrike, BF2142 and more.

Unfortunately though there are two stances you can take regarding people crediting or uncrediting you with your work: first, you can get angry, upset, threaten to quit modding or quit modding altogether OR you can realize that it's going to happen, it can happen very easily, and that regardless of the names on the files people are enjoying your work so embrace it and continue working on YOUR original vision. People aren't stupid and the word will get out on who is actually the original author and who the copycats are - especially when the new updates always come from one source first.

We're all working towards bettering the game in the end and so we should all be embracing and encouraging others to do so. Credit where you can and but you should be satisfied with a generalized one too and stop with the Hitler like demands of 'ONLY I GET TO TELL YOU WHERE TO PUT IT' and this community will be far better for it in the end. The way things are right now are just so unhealthy and wrong that using the word 'community' to describe the modding scene is almost an obscene joke.

Brigg
Dec 27, 2006
Master of all things orange.
Hey, just out of curiosity is there a tutorial on how to add new weapons to New Vegas? (Preferably from maya). Cause I've got a few models I made for Source that I think would be cool in FNV.

Like ive got this Makarov that I could dirty up a bit, the screenshot is from HLMV

Click here for the full 795x711 image.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Naky posted:

On this point, I do agree with you. As I said, asking for the credit isn't unreasonable and in my case were I doing one weapon I would ask and I would credit specifically. The circumstances of my pack are just so complex that to truly go and get everyone's permission for everything involved - the original modeler, the original texturer, the original animator, the person that ripped the resources from the original sources, the person who got permission to port it from the previous person, etc that Nexus requires is insane. And probably impossible for weapons that were stolen from games like STALKER, Counterstrike, BF2142 and more.

Sorry to draw out this one point but isn't the issue that they didnt give him credit, not that they didnt ask? I know asking people is hard, you might send them an email and they wont reply, if you can even find their email. But is it hard to list where you got it from?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

RagnarokAngel posted:

Sorry to draw out this one point but isn't the issue that they didnt give him credit, not that they didnt ask? I know asking people is hard, you might send them an email and they wont reply, if you can even find their email. But is it hard to list where you got it from?

Maybe, but that isn't good enough. Listing credits still is looked down on, because you didn't ask permission.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
So I have recently fallen victim to the random crash bug.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
Caliber.esm
Rearm.esp
Reload.esp
Project Nevada - Core.esm
IWS-Core.esm
Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
Wasteland Defense.esp
world of pain voice.esp
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
IWS-AS-HighSpawns.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-AS-NoInteriorSpawns.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - CS Sight Q Fix.esp
RearmRebalance.esp
Rebalance.esp
ReSort.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
Max Level 100.esp
BoostedSkills.esp
XFO - 4bb - Perks - Two per level.esp

Total active plugins: 37
Total plugins: 40
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with max level or maybe the XFO perk mod, because since I added those it has crashed significantly more. I can obviously remove them if they're issues but I was wondering if maybe I just needed to tweak my order or make a compatibility patch or something. Tia.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

wylker posted:

From my experience IWS and Electro City cause a poo poo ton of crashing, especially together. I can't even run on High Spawns anymore even though my PC is a beast because the spawning system is kinda hosed and cases a lot of crashing. Try diabling Electro City and using IWS Medium and see if that helps.

Edit: Also I could be wrong but I think Caliber.esm should be sorted directly after FalloutNV.esm

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Brigg posted:

Hey, just out of curiosity is there a tutorial on how to add new weapons to New Vegas? (Preferably from maya). Cause I've got a few models I made for Source that I think would be cool in FNV.

Like ive got this Makarov that I could dirty up a bit, the screenshot is from HLMV

Click here for the full 795x711 image.

I don't know of any one tutorial that's up to date, but the gist of what you have to do is:

1) Get Blender 2.49, NifSkope and the nifscripts and install them. The Maya plugin is old and busted, export your model to Blender.
2) Use FOMM's BSA Browser (found under the Tools menu) to extract a gun with similar parts, shape and animation to yours.
3) Import everything into Blender
4) Line up your model with the old one, move the pivots to match the original pivots and freeze transforms (called Apply in Blender). Tweak the sightingNode and projectileNode to line up with the new sight/barrel, and the convexpoly to fit around your gun.
5) Name your objects the same as the original objects so the animations will be able to find them.
5) Put your textures under FONV/Data/textures/whatever and set up your materials. Spec map should be the alpha channel of the normal map.
6) Select the convexpoly, go to the Logic panel (F4 or the :v: button) and make it a Rigid Body, Actor, and set its Bounds to Convex Hull.
7) Export a NIF, press the Fallout 3 button in the list of games. Make sure Shader Options are Default Type, Z Buffer, Empty, Unknown 31 and Use BSFadeNode Root are checked.
8) If your model needs a visibility controller (for things like speedloaders that only show during reload) open up both your gun and the old gun in NifSkope and copy the NiVisController from the old to new gun.
9) Take your gun in game and reload it. Unless your model is exactly the same dimensions as the original it will look broken and the magazine will be out of place after reloading. tfc 1 in the console and take screenshots of how it's busted.
10) Go back into NifSkope, edit the transformations of the NiNode* until it looks broken the same way as in the game, then edit the transforms of the TriStrips until it's fixed. If it's REALLY off the hands of the animation won't line up anymore, but you can't have everything in Gamebryo

(*or the transform in the vector array at very bottom node of the NiVisController if it has one- edit the one that matches the base NiNode)

Obviously you'll need to figure out the GECK to get it in game, but you can just edit the existing gun's entry, give it a new FormID and point it at your model then tweak the values.

I probably forgot something in there but that's more or less what I did making this, plus some scripting to put it into leveled lists.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

wylker posted:

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with max level or maybe the XFO perk mod, because since I added those it has crashed significantly more. I can obviously remove them if they're issues but I was wondering if maybe I just needed to tweak my order or make a compatibility patch or something. Tia.

Crashes aren't necessarily a result of load order, they can also happen naturally as save games get larger and larger and the only way to prevent them sometimes is to keep multiple saves instead of relying on quicksave and autosave. This might or might not be true in your case, just posting it because it seems like a lot of other people are having the same problem and none of their mods are actually the culprit.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
What was the mod for Fallout 3 that was like a competitor to FOOK? I know there were like 2 or 3 big overhaul mods. The one I'm talking about was generally considered to be better than FOOK. Does it exist for NV?

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.

lilspooky posted:

What was the mod for Fallout 3 that was like a competitor to FOOK? I know there were like 2 or 3 big overhaul mods. The one I'm talking about was generally considered to be better than FOOK. Does it exist for NV?

Fallout Wanderers Edition? I remember that being more along the lines of 'Balance and realism = Power-Armoured Supermutant Controllers in squads of 40 every 10 paces as soon as your out of 101, guns fire one shot before splintering into worthless shards in your hands, and being spat on by a bloatfly from across a canyon splinters your legs like breadsticks.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Hmm........that doesn't sound quite right, but maybe? Guess I'll go try to hunt it down.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

He's right about the mod but his assessment is really antiquated, FWE in its most recent incarnation is totally modular and you can tweak the damage and spawn changes to whatever you want them to be via an in-game menu. Project Nevada for NV is by the same team who developed FWE, and FWE is widely considered to be the best and most polished overhaul mod for FO3.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Ya, that's what I used when I replayed FO3. And yes you're correct it was very modular in everything it let you do. Suppose I'll check out Project NV then.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

KakerMix posted:

Maybe, but that isn't good enough. Listing credits still is looked down on, because you didn't ask permission.

See this is what I don't agree with. I believe you need to give credit for everything, because how hard is it to write their name in a text file and what it was they did vs. the time and effort they put into whatever it was you used of theirs; BUT the whole "you have to ask for permission to use anything" is completely retarded and bullshit for a modding community. I could see and agree with taking down mods that don't list author credits if it can be proven, but the whole politic'ing they require on Nexus now is just terrible and drags the community down as a whole, as Naky's not being on Nexus will attest; which coincidently I think you need to put the tiny bit of effort to credit everyone in your readme or whatever, even if you did major retooling on most of them. But I won't lose sleep over it either way and cry for blood if you don't.

Then again you didn't use any of my work :smugbert:

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

If you want to factor in traditional usage/copyright/public domain/open domain projects, you don't and shouldn't have to ask for permission. Look at GNU for example. Even with modern copyrights, if you're using someone else's work to support your own work it is perfectly legitimate as long as you include correct citations and sources.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Mental Midget posted:

From my experience IWS and Electro City cause a poo poo ton of crashing, especially together. I can't even run on High Spawns anymore even though my PC is a beast because the spawning system is kinda hosed and cases a lot of crashing. Try diabling Electro City and using IWS Medium and see if that helps.

Edit: Also I could be wrong but I think Caliber.esm should be sorted directly after FalloutNV.esm

Disabling IWS really isn't an option for me, its one of the things that keeps the game fun =/

I could disable electro city, but I really like the darker nights aspect of it, so I wonder if another mod would be more lightweight and give at least that portion of it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

wylker posted:

Disabling IWS really isn't an option for me, its one of the things that keeps the game fun =/

I could disable electro city, but I really like the darker nights aspect of it, so I wonder if another mod would be more lightweight and give at least that portion of it.

Nah don't listen to him. I ran Electro City (.esp style ones even) with the IWS compatibility patch (but did not run Highways and Byways) and IWS' NVSE High. That's right, I'd get in giant fights with 40+ people flying all over the place. I also just beat the game again yesterday.

The only issue I had was too many guns that all used different silencers so it was all just a giant mess. Game was stable as hell though.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

wylker posted:

Highways and Byways is the specific ESP that some people have problems with, there aren't many people who have problems with stock Electro-City. I think the mod gets scapegoated a lot because of the Highways and Byways esp.

I've never had a problem with IWS or Electro-City/Highways and Byways whatsoever. It's not uncommon for spawns to bug sometimes and cause you to crash when you enter certain areas, that poo poo happens in every Bethesda game. All you have to do is wait 3 days and see if the crash goes away.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr. Crow posted:

See this is what I don't agree with. I believe you need to give credit for everything, because how hard is it to write their name in a text file and what it was they did vs. the time and effort they put into whatever it was you used of theirs; BUT the whole "you have to ask for permission to use anything" is completely retarded and bullshit for a modding community. I could see and agree with taking down mods that don't list author credits if it can be proven, but the whole politic'ing they require on Nexus now is just terrible and drags the community down as a whole, as Naky's not being on Nexus will attest; which coincidently I think you need to put the tiny bit of effort to credit everyone in your readme or whatever, even if you did major retooling on most of them. But I won't lose sleep over it either way and cry for blood if you don't.

Then again you didn't use any of my work :smugbert:

Or so YOU think. DUN DUN DUUUUUN.

God an individual credit list would be so crazy long and it still wouldn't be good enough for the majority of the modders. I give up before I even try, but I will do my best to absolutely stress that the artistic work is absolutely not mine nor am I trying to take credit for it or whatever and that I thank everyone involved in the previous efforts. Sadly, it just won't be enough.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

Has anyone tried nVamp yet?

It looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it's worth all the effort. Nobody in the comments section has really gotten it working yet. Seems pretty ambitious though and if they can polish it up a bit it might be worth doing a fresh install of NV and going through their 5 page long installation process to check it out.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I looked at nVamp, maybe it's just the fact that I have a decent knowledge of FNVEdit but I didn't see much of a use for it. It's not that difficult to get mods working with each other these days, and a lot of the mods they listed as having "incompatibilities" weren't all that incompatible in the first place. I'm pretty sure nVamp is close to being totally useless unless you use FOOK, in which case you do need a compatibility patch for everything since that mod changes everything.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

SheepNameKiller posted:

I looked at nVamp, maybe it's just the fact that I have a decent knowledge of FNVEdit but I didn't see much of a use for it. It's not that difficult to get mods working with each other these days, and a lot of the mods they listed as having "incompatibilities" weren't all that incompatible in the first place. I'm pretty sure nVamp is close to being totally useless unless you use FOOK, in which case you do need a compatibility patch for everything since that mod changes everything.

Yeah that was kinda my initial impression as well. I did download VVV though because it looks interesting and I always like more variety of enemies.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'm in the middle of installing nVamp, I'll let you guys know how it is. It's a pretty time-consuming process, though not necessarily difficult (the website walks you through basically all of it).

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
nVamp looks pretty crazy. Impressive if they pull it off though.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Internet Friend posted:

I don't know of any one tutorial that's up to date, but the gist of what you have to do is:

1) Get Blender 2.49, NifSkope and the nifscripts and install them. The Maya plugin is old and busted, export your model to Blender.
2) Use FOMM's BSA Browser (found under the Tools menu) to extract a gun with similar parts, shape and animation to yours.
3) Import everything into Blender
4) Line up your model with the old one, move the pivots to match the original pivots and freeze transforms (called Apply in Blender). Tweak the sightingNode and projectileNode to line up with the new sight/barrel, and the convexpoly to fit around your gun.
5) Name your objects the same as the original objects so the animations will be able to find them.
5) Put your textures under FONV/Data/textures/whatever and set up your materials. Spec map should be the alpha channel of the normal map.
6) Select the convexpoly, go to the Logic panel (F4 or the :v: button) and make it a Rigid Body, Actor, and set its Bounds to Convex Hull.
7) Export a NIF, press the Fallout 3 button in the list of games. Make sure Shader Options are Default Type, Z Buffer, Empty, Unknown 31 and Use BSFadeNode Root are checked.
8) If your model needs a visibility controller (for things like speedloaders that only show during reload) open up both your gun and the old gun in NifSkope and copy the NiVisController from the old to new gun.
9) Take your gun in game and reload it. Unless your model is exactly the same dimensions as the original it will look broken and the magazine will be out of place after reloading. tfc 1 in the console and take screenshots of how it's busted.
10) Go back into NifSkope, edit the transformations of the NiNode* until it looks broken the same way as in the game, then edit the transforms of the TriStrips until it's fixed. If it's REALLY off the hands of the animation won't line up anymore, but you can't have everything in Gamebryo

(*or the transform in the vector array at very bottom node of the NiVisController if it has one- edit the one that matches the base NiNode)

Obviously you'll need to figure out the GECK to get it in game, but you can just edit the existing gun's entry, give it a new FormID and point it at your model then tweak the values.

I probably forgot something in there but that's more or less what I did making this, plus some scripting to put it into leveled lists.

Wow.. is this how people are doing it these days?
I've just been using NifSkope to import .obj versions of each of my weapon parts and then copy & pasting over the existing NiTriStripsData of a vanilla Fallout weapon.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Mental Midget posted:

Yeah that was kinda my initial impression as well. I did download VVV though because it looks interesting and I always like more variety of enemies.

I've been watching nVamp too, now that you've brought it up. It's very much in its infancy, and it'd be interesting to see it mature alongside some of the overhauls that are still in development.

However, VVV scared me off simply because of the Creatures mod it uses: Wanamingos? Cool. Floaters and poo poo? Right on. Nuanced variations of preexisting creatures? That's good, too. But then they go off the deep end with a bunch of palette-swapped, Diablo-looking poo poo like a Deathclaw made of pure electricity or something.

boner meter posted:

Fallout Wanderers Edition? I remember that being more along the lines of 'Balance and realism = Power-Armoured Supermutant Controllers in squads of 40 every 10 paces as soon as your out of 101, guns fire one shot before splintering into worthless shards in your hands, and being spat on by a bloatfly from across a canyon splinters your legs like breadsticks.

Even though I don't agree with this summary of FWE (at least the most recent versions) this seriously made me laugh.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Amstrad posted:

Wow.. is this how people are doing it these days?
I've just been using NifSkope to import .obj versions of each of my weapon parts and then copy & pasting over the existing NiTriStripsData of a vanilla Fallout weapon.

That was the first suggestion I found, but couldn't get it to work. So I figured out how to do as much from Blender as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Is there a mod that contains a Stetchkin APS? I have an idea for a blonde Russian woman with no time for bullshit that wears a business outfit. Hotel Vegas doesn't sound as good as Hotel Moscow, though.

If you don't get or know the reference.

I figure if theres gonna be terrible anime mods there can at least be a terrible one that has a lot of loving guns.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 12, 2011