Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Syrant posted:

Is there a mod that contains a Stetchkin APS? I have an idea for a blonde Russian woman with no time for bullshit that wears a business outfit. Hotel Vegas doesn't sound as good as Hotel Moscow, though.

If you don't get or know the reference.

I figure if theres gonna be terrible anime mods there can at least be a terrible one that has a lot of loving guns.

A mod that did balalaika's scars well would be pretty great. Loved her character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
Probably gonna do a Stechkin APS eventually, I have a model and a half-done texture sitting around.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I will never shut up until someone releases a Wildey Survivor for a game. Someone that isn't as rear end at modeling as I am.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

boner meter posted:

Fallout Wanderers Edition? I remember that being more along the lines of 'Balance and realism = Power-Armoured Supermutant Controllers in squads of 40 every 10 paces as soon as your out of 101, guns fire one shot before splintering into worthless shards in your hands, and being spat on by a bloatfly from across a canyon splinters your legs like breadsticks.

Maybe your assessment is outdated but by god it made me laugh at how accurate it summed up my experience with FWE. Of course I played it with the custom start mod so was outside 101 from the very beginning :(.

Mental Midget posted:

Has anyone tried nVamp yet?

It looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it's worth all the effort. Nobody in the comments section has really gotten it working yet. Seems pretty ambitious though and if they can polish it up a bit it might be worth doing a fresh install of NV and going through their 5 page long installation process to check it out.
The only problem with an FCOM style project for NV is that right now I don't think modding has reached its' peak for NV and so they run the risk of locking themselves into some trail blazing mods that'll be eclipsed in the future.

EDIT: Welp, just looked at the screenshots and one of them is Cook Cook in Enclave Advanced Power Armour Mark II.

ReV VAdAUL fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 12, 2011

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

ReV VAdAUL posted:

EDIT: Welp, just looked at the screenshots and one of them is Cook Cook in Enclave Advanced Power Armour Mark II.

All the better to burn and rape you with

KakerMix posted:

Nah don't listen to him. I ran Electro City (.esp style ones even) with the IWS compatibility patch (but did not run Highways and Byways) and IWS' NVSE High. That's right, I'd get in giant fights with 40+ people flying all over the place. I also just beat the game again yesterday.

The only issue I had was too many guns that all used different silencers so it was all just a giant mess. Game was stable as hell though.

What is this compatability patch? I looked around and didn't see anything...

wylker fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 12, 2011

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

ReV VAdAUL posted:

This is the reason I'm on the fence about this. I like mods that makes a ton of mods compatible, but this looks like they never stopped ramping up the difficulty to their likings. I mean giving all the fiend bosses high-end power armor and ramping up spawns? No thanks. If it was modular then maybe.

Click here for the full 1280x800 image.

I'd rather go try and take on Caesars Camp.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

^ that's what the flamer's for

Are there any mods that revamp the enemy A.I?

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Syrant posted:

Is there a mod that contains a Stetchkin APS? I have an idea for a blonde Russian woman with no time for bullshit that wears a business outfit. Hotel Vegas doesn't sound as good as Hotel Moscow, though.

If you don't get or know the reference.

I figure if theres gonna be terrible anime mods there can at least be a terrible one that has a lot of loving guns.

Black Lagoon would be fun in an 'Over the top lets fire torpedoes at a helicopter' kind of way.

Magic
May 18, 2004

Your ass is on my platter, snapperhead!
I've been playing through with my Deadpool char (high combat stats, low intel stats) and was wondering ... how hard would it be to do a 'dumb dialog' like in FallOut 2? Is it easy to find the speech files?

The obvious problem is that NPCs all have speech, so either they would have the same responses or they would have new, text-only responses.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

wylker posted:

All the better to burn and rape you with

What is this compatability patch? I looked around and didn't see anything...

It's literally in the Electro City zip.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Magic posted:

I've been playing through with my Deadpool char (high combat stats, low intel stats) and was wondering ... how hard would it be to do a 'dumb dialog' like in FallOut 2? Is it easy to find the speech files?

The obvious problem is that NPCs all have speech, so either they would have the same responses or they would have new, text-only responses.

In my opinion, leave speech, barter, and medicine at a minimum, and then click every failing speech check. It's fun.

Magic
May 18, 2004

Chinaman7000 posted:

In my opinion, leave speech, barter, and medicine at a minimum, and then click every failing speech check. It's fun.
That's exactly what I'm doing. 6 speech, 12 barter. I've got a bunch of mods on so I'm getting decent equipment early on (if overpowered), it's not terribly hard.

I just miss the :downs: like in FallOut 2. Doc Mitchell commented that "Must be a lot of frontal lobe damage" after I created my stats, but that's it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
The game does have some low int dialogue but they're very sparing.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

/\/\/\
Yep.

Whats your intelligence? There is some "dumb dialog" in game that I remember getting when I was using a character with only 1 intelligence point, but I think it mostly just take the spots of normal dialog options, getting the same response from NPCs. It didn't appear everywhere, either.

Helios 1 was hilarious, though.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
Quick update for my crashing, I switched to the ESM version of electro city and I have seen very marked performance improvements. Faster load times, 0 crashes so far, even better performance of skies.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
Got a mod interaction question:

I'm using UHNV- the underground kinda-batcave mod and I noticed it has a bobblehead shelf.
I see two major bobble head mods on nexus and pulled the bobblehead scavenger version because it looked updated and stable.

The new toy works but the shelves in the bunker do not display them on request. (I just stick them in my safe since when you drop them they hang in mid-air) Is anyone using the other bobblehead mods with UHNV? And if so any issue like mine?

Otherwise my too long list of plug ins have been working very well since I learned how to use FNVEdit properly. Which is not showing any conflict between my previously mentioned mods. load order is not making a diff either.

Thanks in advance.

Magic
May 18, 2004

Hobo on Fire posted:

/\/\/\
Yep.

Whats your intelligence? There is some "dumb dialog" in game that I remember getting when I was using a character with only 1 intelligence point, but I think it mostly just take the spots of normal dialog options, getting the same response from NPCs. It didn't appear everywhere, either.

Helios 1 was hilarious, though.
Deadfool
Strength: 8
Perception: 9
Endurance: 8
Charisma: 1
intelligence: 3
Agility: 8
Luck: 3

Tags: Explosives, Guns, Melee Weapons

Perks: Fast Shot, Wild Wasteland

I just finished Primm, but if there is a LOT of new dialog if I lower my Int to 1 then I'm tempted to restart and try that (or find a way to modify the savegame?). The whole play through is to gently caress every faction up and go with Yes Man, while failing every speech test possible. Basically: Deadpool in New Vegas.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

As was mentioned, the special dialog isn't everywhere,(Helios 1 has a ton of it, but I cant remember any other conversations off the top of my head) So I'd say stick with your current game.

You could try adding in a cheat mod that allows you to redistribute your SPECIAL, then save and remove the mod. There's no reason a dumb guy cant be lucky, right?

I'm really not sure how low your intelligence needs to be to trigger the special dialog though - you might qualify for it, but if your only at Primm you might not have encountered any yet.

*edit* - You may be able to change your SPECIAL through console commands, too - I just don't have the list handy.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 12, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Apocadall posted:

Black Lagoon would be fun in an 'Over the top lets fire torpedoes at a helicopter' kind of way.

Black Lagoon is always fun in over the top things.

I mean, just look at the Roberta-is-insane arc.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Hobo on Fire posted:

As was mentioned, the special dialog isn't everywhere

There's 1 in freeside when your helping the king. also a medicine check.

console command for changing stats is:

player.modav intelligence -2
(this would put deathfool at 1)

also works for skills

player.modav guns 50
(this will add 50 gun skill)

I use that command way too much.

here's an incomplete list of commands
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_console_commands

Most of the fallout 3 commands apply as well.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

nomad2020 posted:

There's 1 in freeside when your helping the king. also a medicine check.

console command for changing stats is:

player.modav intelligence -2
(this would put deathfool at 1)

also works for skills

player.modav guns 50
(this will add 50 gun skill)

I use that command way too much.

here's an incomplete list of commands
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_console_commands

Most of the fallout 3 commands apply as well.

There's also a special dialogue for dumb characters when you discuss the Brother Hood of Steel with Veronica. There's also another small one that comes to mind at Camp McCarran during the interrogation side mission.

This is the mod that still needs to be made if you ask me. Nobody has made a mod that adds more "stupid" dialogue choices to the game. It's something that goes way above my head or I'd do it myself (plus I uninstalled NV a little while ago since I'm bored with it). I'm sure there's plenty of NPC dialogue from other places that could be hacked together for some good responses.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 12, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Swartz posted:

There's also a special dialogue for dumb characters when you discuss the Brother Hood of Steel with Veronica. There's also another small one that comes to mind at Camp McCarran during the interrogation side mission.

This is the mod that still needs to be made if you ask me. Nobody has made a mod that adds more "stupid" dialogue choices to the game. It's something that goes way above my head or I'd do it myself (plus I uninstalled NV a little while ago since I'm bored with it). I'm sure there's plenty of NPC dialogue from other places that could be hacked together for some good responses.

There is this, which apparently modifies a lot of dialogue to create some humorous situations in the game.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to create custom responses, which would make the mod about ten times better.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 12, 2011

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Syrant posted:

This would own so hard. I love Stechkins :3:

Arenovalis posted:

Probably gonna do a Stechkin APS eventually, I have a model and a half-done texture sitting around.

:toot:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
On the homestretch for my melee weapons, one more to do this weekend, knocked this one together today after thinking it'd be nice to have a compact version of the shovel for all your grave-digging purposes.

Edit: Went ahead and did a folded version for the world model.

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 13, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Amstrad posted:

...thinking it'd be nice to have a compact version of the shovel for all your grave-digging purposes.

From the moment I realized you needed to have a shovel in order to search graves, I've thought it would be pretty cool to have an E-tool style shovel. You know, one of those metal, folding ones they use in the Army.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Naky, will enemies use all the new weapons you're adding?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've thought it would be pretty cool to have an E-tool style shovel. You know, one of those metal, folding ones they use in the Army.
Well.. that's what I modeled, specifically the 'M-1943 Intrenching Tool'

-Troika- posted:

Naky, will enemies use all the new weapons you're adding?
He's not adding the weapons to any leveled or vendors lists, so no.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Well that's no fun. :(

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

There is this, which apparently modifies a lot of dialogue to create some humorous situations in the game.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to create custom responses, which would make the mod about ten times better.

This and twobears are the kind of things that should have been in the vanilla game.

Amstrad posted:

He's not adding the weapons to any leveled or vendors lists, so no.
That's my job. Eventually :ninja:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

lilspooky posted:

Well that's no fun. :(

It was a lot of work for him to get most of them fixed up and working properly at all. Adding things to the leveled lists is a whole other time-consuming pain in the rear end process, especially for 100+ weapons.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Amstrad posted:

It was a lot of work for him to get most of them fixed up and working properly at all. Adding things to the leveled lists is a whole other time-consuming pain in the rear end process, especially for 100+ weapons.

However if you ask his permission maybe you can create another mod that uses HIS hard work to add them to enemies.

:haw:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Amstrad posted:

Well.. that's what I modeled, specifically the 'M-1943 Intrenching Tool'

Oh, I was referring to one of these...

I'd like to split somebody's face open with one of those.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 13, 2011

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Amstrad posted:

Ya makes sense. Probably quite a pain to add them all to different groups of enemies. So how are his weapons distributed? Stores? The "oh hey here's a box full of advanced weaponry!" method?

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Oh, I was referring to one of these...

I'd like to split somebody's face open with one of those.

God drat it I hate those things, trying to dig a fighting position with one is a pain in the rear end. Then you watch the combat engies come in with a backhoe and make you look like an idiot.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You can use scripts to add weapons to the leveledlists. That's the way that won't make your mod incompatible with everything ever. It would still take a while to do, though.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

lilspooky posted:

Ya makes sense. Probably quite a pain to add them all to different groups of enemies. So how are his weapons distributed? Stores? The "oh hey here's a box full of advanced weaponry!" method?

Right now they're in a set of three gun cabinets behind the bar in Goodsprings.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Schubalts posted:

You can use scripts to add weapons to the leveledlists. That's the way that won't make your mod incompatible with everything ever. It would still take a while to do, though.

Yeah, this is my preferred method of integration. It takes a while, but I consider the built-in compatibility of scripts and invisible distribution quests to be king.

Vita
Nov 7, 2009
Where can I find this mod?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Lots of questions require lots of answers.

The mod isn't added to the leveled lists... yet. For the first release, I was simply working hard on converting a lot of the more uncommon weapons for NV and making sure they animate correctly, have more or less perfect iron sights, and adding mods to a lot of the weapons that might not normally have had them before. That being said, there are still a lot of weapons that could have mods added to them and that'll be for future releases along with new weapons. Also, quite a few of the meshes were simply impossible to get perfect IS so I got them just about as close as you can possibly ask for in most cases and in others I cheated by actually altering the meshes themselves.

As for getting them, right now they sit in three cabinets behind the prospector's saloon. One contains broken weapons, incomplete weapons, or weapons needing testing. The other two contain melee weapons and all the working guns along with the requisite modkits and ammo for the crossbow. They regenerate too, so you shouldn't run out. However, I'm not really all that pleased with this and would eventually like to make a mod of it. The only problem with this is that I'm pretty much just an ex-3D artist that can use nifskope fairly handily. My GECK skills are pretty limited and my scripting skills non-existent. Ideally, I'd love to pull together a SA community effort to build it up and make a mod of it. Maybe place some of the weapons on the random named NPCs in one of the many numerous random dungeons, maybe hide some in other places as rewards for exploration, maybe make others as rewards for quests, or maybe simply make a giant bunker somewhere with all the weapons on display and a couple of Mr. Handy robots "maintaining and building" them and selling them to the player. I don't rightly know to be honest as I've really just been focusing on what I'm good at - fixin' weapons :) I do, however, have a few people on board already doing what they can do and helping where they can - Amstrad with the melee, FadedReality's looking into learning GECK better and testing diligently, and pucque-tiw's been busting his tail making a couple of esp variants for weapon balancing, caliber tweaking, etc - the detailed stuff I either didn't have time to do or was too ignorant to fix along the way.

So basically where we stand is 100 completed guns energy and projectile, 48 melee, 2 broken ones in the cabinet of shame and the final bit of work being done by pucque before release. I was hoping by tomorrow night at the latest, but I won't rush those two. In the meantime, I'll keep working on the first update after release and the new weapons that'll be included for it - which, if we're all lucky, could also include a leveled list version as well including the new update weapons that are more appropriate for Khan/Fiend use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I can't wait to give it a shot. You guys rule. Almost time to trade Lucky for a Deagle!