Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

No, Babou, that was all sarcasm.
YES, ALL OF IT, YOU FOX-EARED ASSHOLE!
No big loss in this issue, in fact I keep forgeting about Morgan being in the cast between issues any way. I am curious on how Rick and the rest inside make it out of this one. I would be happy with a upcoming cast of just Rick, Andrea, Carl, Sophia (I feel bad for her), Maggie, and Abraham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who forgot about him. I had to go back and re-read.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Until his name was said in the last panel, I had no loving idea who that character was.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm pretty much expecting Michonne to come right the gently caress out of nowhere like an anime samurai and take his arm off at the shoulder.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Haven't been keeping up with my Walking Dead reading, but from reading Whargoul's spoilered post, is it right for me to assume Rosita, Glenn, Gabriel, and Eugene all died, aside from the one character he mentioned?

Any time he has these 'anyone can die' issues, it's always pretty much a bore, because aside from one, maybe two, 'shocking' deaths, he generally just cleans out all the secondary characters.

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

Haven't been keeping up with my Walking Dead reading, but from reading Whargoul's spoilered post, is it right for me to assume Rosita, Glenn, Gabriel, and Eugene all died, aside from the one character he mentioned?

Any time he has these 'anyone can die' issues, it's always pretty much a bore, because aside from one, maybe two, 'shocking' deaths, he generally just cleans out all the secondary characters.

None of the people from your spoiler died yet. I was just saying what I would want the cast to be if Kirkman does another culling of the cast like the upcoming covers suggest.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm guessing Andrea, Glenn, and Carl (for the hell of it) from the original cast will survive.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I just know he's going to kill Andrea just because everyone is so sure she's going to survive.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pics have been showing up online of the new McFarlane Walking Dead toys. Rick Grimes' face looks off, as does the zombie with the hatchet in the head, but Michonne looks loving awesome, and seeing her with the power drill reeeeeeaaaaaaaally makes me want a Dead Rising 2 toyline, Chuck Greene/Frank West armed to the teeth with zombie killing mayhem would be awesome.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Whargoul posted:

None of the people from your spoiler died yet. I was just saying what I would want the cast to be if Kirkman does another culling of the cast like the upcoming covers suggest.

Ahh, gotcha, looking back, I misread your original post somehow. But like I said, given how Kirkman tends to run his cast reducing arcs, that seems extremely likely those one's will die, so I figured it happened already.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Just read the new issue. Who was it that predicted Davidson would come back and led the current zombies to Alexandria? Because that's looking more and more the case. Unless, of course, I'm completely misinterpreting Rick mentioning seeing a man in town he didn't recognize. I think his words were something like, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say he snuck in."

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

ruddiger posted:

Pics have been showing up online of the new McFarlane Walking Dead toys. Rick Grimes' face looks off, as does the zombie with the hatchet in the head, but Michonne looks loving awesome, and seeing her with the power drill reeeeeeaaaaaaaally makes me want a Dead Rising 2 toyline, Chuck Greene/Frank West armed to the teeth with zombie killing mayhem would be awesome.

Am I the only person that would prefer Rick to be grizzled with one hand and a hatchet?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ruddiger posted:

What, no Lori with exploding baby/midsection? Dang.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That Rick looks like a hybrid of the TV show version and Tony Moore's art.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

So apparently Telltale games is making a series of Walking Dead games. Not sure how they'll get the intensity of surviving zombies down in an adventure game format, but I've got hope. No details yet, unfortunately.

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

teekun posted:

So apparently Telltale games is making a series of Walking Dead games. Not sure how they'll get the intensity of surviving zombies down in an adventure game format, but I've got hope. No details yet, unfortunately.

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

They're doing a Jurassic Park game right now, and that should have a lot of intensity and suspense. Hopefully they'll prove that they can do that sort of game well.

Nimrod's Son
Aug 12, 2003
Wasted Warrior

foxatee posted:

Just read the new issue. Who was it that predicted Davidson would come back and led the current zombies to Alexandria? Because that's looking more and more the case. Unless, of course, I'm completely misinterpreting Rick mentioning seeing a man in town he didn't recognize. I think his words were something like, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say he snuck in."

Holy poo poo that makes so much sense now. I was wondering what rick was talking about when he mentioned the stranger in town I knew there had to be some significance.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

choobs posted:

They're doing a Jurassic Park game right now, and that should have a lot of intensity and suspense. Hopefully they'll prove that they can do that sort of game well.
Adding on to this, they're looking towards Heavy Rain for inspiration regarding their Jurassic Park title.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Cook dinner for your kids, stare at television for a while, maybe take a shower THEN RUN FOR YOUR LIFE AS THE TYRANNOSAURUS REX BURSTS THROUGH THE WALL!

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Spoilers for issue 82. Which is an excellent issue.

Kudos, wanderer. Kudos.

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.

Rhaka posted:

Spoilers for issue 82. Which is an excellent issue.

Kudos, wanderer. Kudos.

Care to explain?

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

The juxtaposition of the Carl/Morgan chat and the ending makes me think Rick's finally gonna lose it in the near future. Frankly, making Carl and Andrea the main characters would make me giddy. There's only so much more Rick can do for the series; he's gotta crack soon.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Colonel Pancreas posted:

The juxtaposition of the Carl/Morgan chat and the ending makes me think Rick's finally gonna lose it in the near future. Frankly, making Carl and Andrea the main characters would make me giddy. There's only so much more Rick can do for the series; he's gotta crack soon.

Jesus they're hard on Carl. He was just getting used to an adult telling him that he's still allowed to be a kid even though his childhood is effectively ruined, but it turns out that the guy was just half-delirious. Carl's, "Oh, well gently caress you then," response was perfect. They could be setting Rick up for a big fall now that he's completely forsaken his leadership role after finding a replacement for his dead wife.

Also, I'm almost positive I saw that Walking Dead cake mentioned in the Letter Hacks section when it was on display at a county fair. If my cell phone camera wasn't such utter poo poo, I would have sent it in myself. It was a green cake with a brain in the middle with an advertisement for the AMC series. I'm not sure if AMC commissioned it or if it was just a fan, but it looked pretty cool.

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

Has anyone else seen the cover to #85? http://www.tfaw.com/Themes/Walking-Dead/Profile/Walking-Dead-85___381552
It seems like Rick is pretty loving upset, so I wonder if this means that Carl will not make it through No Way Out. That or he blames himself for everyone else that was lost during the event, again.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Whargoul posted:

Has anyone else seen the cover to #85? http://www.tfaw.com/Themes/Walking-Dead/Profile/Walking-Dead-85___381552
It seems like Rick is pretty loving upset, so I wonder if this means that Carl will not make it through No Way Out. That or he blames himself for everyone else that was lost during the event, again.

I'm betting on the new love interest getting killed or she gets bitten and Rick is the one to kill her before she turns

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

Bonzo posted:

I'm betting on the new love interest getting killed or she gets bitten and Rick is the one to kill her before she turns
Sounds good to me, that actually didn't even cross my mind.

gogisha
Sep 16, 2006

Takin' it slow at the speed of light.
I finally caught up to the latest issue and there's something I've been wondering for a while. Do any of you wish the story would be a bit more "mission oriented"? I mean something similar to the "get to DC" plotline before they got to Alexandria. I know they've said there won't be an explanation for the zombies or anything, but sometimes I wish they had a more concrete objective besides "survive."

I'm not really complaining since I'm sill enjoying the story, but it was just something that crossed my mind when they ended up going to the CDC in the show.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Yeah, I agree. A more focused story would help ease some of the sort of "ambient boredom" the series has. Character interaction is cool and all, but pure survival can get very boring very fast.

A good example of a series that does it right is Y: The Last Man. Through the whole series there is always a concrete objective, and the characters work to achieve it. Sometimes in Walking Dead, like right after the prison, where the characters were just aimlessly wandering about, it was just a trial.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

The cover for 86 also adds more questions and answers

(spoilers obviously) http://www.tfaw.com/Themes/Walking-Dead/Profile/Walking-Dead-86___383222

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alberto Basalm posted:

Yeah, I agree. A more focused story would help ease some of the sort of "ambient boredom" the series has. Character interaction is cool and all, but pure survival can get very boring very fast.

A good example of a series that does it right is Y: The Last Man. Through the whole series there is always a concrete objective, and the characters work to achieve it. Sometimes in Walking Dead, like right after the prison, where the characters were just aimlessly wandering about, it was just a trial.

Y: The Last Man also had a good writer and a story to tell, with a beginning, middle and end.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
While Y: The Last Man is almost objectively a better story, I prefer The Walking Dead as an endless serial that just keeps getting bleaker and bleaker until it's just spinning it's wheels, it's almost unique in Zombie or even apocalyptic genre writing in that regard.

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

Manwithastick posted:

The cover for 86 also adds more questions and answers

(spoilers obviously) http://www.tfaw.com/Themes/Walking-Dead/Profile/Walking-Dead-86___383222

Probably just Morgan. He wasn't doing so good the last I read, and Michonne and him have become pretty close recently. :huh:

Tetris Crowley
Aug 17, 2007
who wants waffles!?
I'm betting Michonne kills either Morgan or Rick

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
If you can't wait for tomorrow's new issue, IGN's got a 5 page preview of the newest issue due out tomorrow.

VVV Knowing Rick's lovely luck I bet it'll just rain again and someone will die

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 30, 2011

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
So he's busting out the "smear his innards on us and let's just pimp walk it out of here" tactic.

Clever girl.

Quills
Mar 24, 2007
Holy poo poo this issue was insane.
There is no way Carl is going to survive that. Plus Rick chopping the hand off that woman was really intense and unexpected.

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

I have to say that I am speechless after that one. There is no way that Carl can survive a shot like that. When/if he dies, what will Rick's motivation be to keep living? I don't know if I like this all that much yet.

Quills
Mar 24, 2007

Whargoul posted:

I have to say that I am speechless after that one. There is no way that Carl can survive a shot like that. When/if he dies, what will Rick's motivation be to keep living? I don't know if I like this all that much yet.

I'm pretty impressed just because so much happened in what must have been less than 15 minutes of time.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Kirkman wants this book to go on for like three hundred issues right? How the hell do you do that with the events of this book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Quills posted:

Holy poo poo this issue was insane.
There is no way Carl is going to survive that. Plus Rick chopping the hand off that woman was really intense and unexpected.

Thats crazy to me.

Carl was actually the one character in this book who I thought would NEVER die. In fact I thought Rick was going to kick the bucket and the book would follow Carl as he grew up.

• Locked thread