Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Mascot posted:

"Exclusive" does mean that it's only available directly from LEGO...either from shop.lego.com or at a physical LEGO store.

Usually. I bought it off lego.com and built it already. Its pretty plain but it makes a nice showpiece and has the sweet Maersk Blue parts. Its also drat huge.

As for the hair on Duke, I got from it the Agents Goldtooth Getaway set. It also had the gold "handgun". When I saw that set I knew what I had to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009
The Gordon Freeman fig will get a pretty sweet upgrade soon.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Evek posted:

Usually. I bought it off lego.com and built it already. Its pretty plain but it makes a nice showpiece and has the sweet Maersk Blue parts. Its also drat huge.

As for the hair on Duke, I got from it the Agents Goldtooth Getaway set. It also had the gold "handgun". When I saw that set I knew what I had to do.

I knew there was a reason I should buy that set... but I kept glossing over it, lam. And that haz-mat guy should be the new Alien Conquest theme so I can actually buy more than one :argh:

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Pzykotic posted:

I really want this thing because it's loving AWESOME:

http://shop.lego.com/ByAge/Product.aspx?p=10155&cn=100007&d=100001

However, $119 makes me sad. Does the "Exclusive" tag on that mean it's only available online from the Lego shop, or could I get lucky and find it on sale at a Toys R Us or something?

It's a very nice set. I posted about this a little while ago, but that's the 4th release of the thing. It used to be $75. Despite the price, I had a discount coming at my local Lego Store, so I picked one up for $80. I just built it the other day and it's a really fun build.

Final Gloom posted:

What's that orange piece on the side?

The front part is one of these if that's what you're asking.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
I'm looking to buy myself a new Lego set soon. Would you guys recommend the Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade or a bunch of small sets? Also do you guys know any place selling modular buildings for a little bit cheaper?

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
those modular buildings are as cheap as your gonna find *baring coupon/sale/ebay score* and will only increase in value as they are retired.

I found set 6454 at my local thrift store, 100% complete, the sound/light box still worked. best 6 bucks yet.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Ahh well I guess the free 2 day shipping and no tax on Amazon is worth it then. I keep falling into a vicious cycle where I want the next big thing once I have enough spare money though. It all started with just a Lunar Limo, and next thing you know I'll want the Imperial Flagship.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Speaking of which, you guys think the Lunar Limo is still in stores? I've decided I can no longer not have one, and friggin' Amazon won't send it to Canada. But I don't want to have to drag my rear end all around town looking for one if they've already left most stores.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Diet Poison posted:

Speaking of which, you guys think the Lunar Limo is still in stores? I've decided I can no longer not have one, and friggin' Amazon won't send it to Canada. But I don't want to have to drag my rear end all around town looking for one if they've already left most stores.

Still sold in Toys R Us, just saw them today. 10 dollars more expensive than Amazon though.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Dammit, I've done it again. I went to Walmart to see if they had some of the Sterlite storage bins I wanted to put in my shelves (they didn't), and I noticed they still had a substantial amount of toys in their clearance aisle. They had a couple Galactic Enforcers for a measly $8 off...but 7 Midi-scale Star Destroyers for $19 apiece (half MSRP). I argued in my head a bit, but the rational side got beaten down by the Lego side and I bought 5 of 'em.

My life will be never-ending sorting.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

For that price I would have gotten them all as well. I havn't found them in germany for under 40 euros and want at least one to build and more for parts :(

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Pyroclastic posted:

They had a couple Galactic Enforcers for a measly $8 off...but 7 Midi-scale Star Destroyers for $19 apiece (half MSRP). I argued in my head a bit, but the rational side got beaten down by the Lego side and I bought 5 of 'em.

They had the midi scale destroyer for $11.99 each at the Chicago lego store. I can't justify buying multiples, but it was a pretty fun set. I like the binoculars for cannons.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

So far I've bought 6 Contruct-a-Zerg sets for half price(12 bucks even) at Walmart. I may buy more.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Evek posted:

So far I've bought 6 Contruct-a-Zerg sets for half price(12 bucks even) at Walmart. I may buy more.

Are you planning a Zurg rush? :haw:

Serious question, does the set include any funky awesome bricks?

Speaking of Wal-Mart, I saw them wheeling away a cart of Lego clearance and managed to snag a Prince of Persia 7571 marked down to $20. It rang up $14.50.

They had the big one marked down to $60, but I couldn't get my hands on it to check if it would ring up lower too :smith:

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ook37byOOmk

If you can get past this guy's voice, one minute in are some knock-off Lego Transformers that appear to actually work. Pretty cool I guess, but as with most things like this, AFOLs have been there, done that.

(I imagine this was posted in the thread when it was first shown, but whatever.)

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009
Another easy one to add to the game figures:

The only tricky part is the legs (have no idea how to do shorts and high boots with lego, may have to use black legs) and the ponytail doesn't work with the backpack :argh:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Brothers Brick (via MTV) has the first official look at the PotC sets:

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2011/02/01/lego-pirates-of-the-caribbean-sets-and-video-games-trailer-news/

Ok, I know Barbossa's in the new movie, but I ain't see him at all in any of these sets. Also I swear some of them are from the previous films, like the Cannibal Escape.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Final Gloom posted:

Another easy one to add to the game figures:

The only tricky part is the legs (have no idea how to do shorts and high boots with lego, may have to use black legs) and the ponytail doesn't work with the backpack :argh:

Nah, the brown thong is perfect; it'll help distract enemies.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Phy posted:

Ok, I know Barbossa's in the new movie, but I ain't see him at all in any of these sets. Also I swear some of them are from the previous films, like the Cannibal Escape.

There's a version of him in the Isla de la Muerta (sp?) set. Found a good close-up. Also features undead version!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lBWYz29Iw_g/TUscrHggF1I/AAAAAAAAGaM/B5uChRoPW74/s1600/lego-pirates-043.jpg

Actually, here's a link that has all of the PotC sets with various pictures. More details than I've seen anywhere else...

http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2011/02/pre-toy-fair-2011-lego-pirates-of.html

ireladd fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 13, 2011

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

ireladd posted:

There's a version of him in the Isla de la Muerta (sp?) set. Found a good close-up. Also features undead version!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lBWYz29Iw_g/TUscrHggF1I/AAAAAAAAGaM/B5uChRoPW74/s1600/lego-pirates-043.jpg

Holy poo poo, gold chrome is back. I didn't notice it until now. I hope this means actual chrome pieces will make a comeback too.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I really dig those new bottles. Molotov cocktails, anyone?

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
Managed to brave the Mall/Lego store tonight. I nothing too exciting, managed to snag a S3 fisherman but still lack an elf.

They still had a box full of Christmas stockings.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ireladd posted:

Actually, here's a link that has all of the PotC sets with various pictures. More details than I've seen anywhere else...

http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2011/02/pre-toy-fair-2011-lego-pirates-of.html

Oh. loving. poo poo.

A chrome gold gold bar. No more 1x2 yellow panel bricks to represent them if I can get them in any quantity(I won't)!

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
Woo! Wild saturday night!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009
That's really sweet. Is that an original design?

Do you have a better shot of the engine area? I'm wondering about that massive gear.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Its the Jedi Shuttle, one of the new official Star Wars sets. How do you like the set Arkannoyed? It looks pretty slick and fun to play with.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Got my kid this red dragon Creator kit for Christmas, she's having loads of fun posing him in different positions ('Look mom, 'Stayin' Alive! Now he's a puppy begging for food!')

She's mad for dragons right now, so I'm going to get this Ninjago kit (2260 Ice Dragon Attack) and squirrel it away for her birthday. And yes, he shoots the ball out of his mouth:

THIS Atlantis kit (7978 Angler Attack) is gonna be for ME! Sadly, his eyes do not light up but I'm sure we can work that out:

The little Creature From the Black Lagoon minifig sidekick is a scream. :keke:

edit: Crap, did I do that to the thread title?! :doh:

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 14, 2011

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

That shuttle design looks very familiar(not from Star Wars) and its bugging the poo poo out of me where I saw it before. Also that set is a bit too pricey for what it is. I'll probably grab it on a sale.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Evek posted:

That shuttle design looks very familiar(not from Star Wars) and its bugging the poo poo out of me where I saw it before. Also that set is a bit too pricey for what it is. I'll probably grab it on a sale.

I couldn't help but notice just how messed up the pricing structure is for these new SW sets.

7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship 389 pieces, 4 figs, $49.99

7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle 389 pieces, 4 figs, $59.99

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Just wanted to say I love this thread and it was what convinced me last summer to rescue all my LEGOs from my parents house. I ended up with a huge tub of pieces from all kinds of sets. I still haven't finished sorting it all out. I decided to go by color and then sort by piece from that point, but it's just such a insane task. I'll eventually finish it and then hopefully make some stuff! I did build the star wars set with the death star attack planning thing, with the hanger bay with the A-Wing since my wife got that for me for christmas. It's an ok set but I kind of wish I had asked for the endor bunker set now. Also the wife has a job at TRU now as well so I get a discount woop woop!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Shuppiluliumas posted:

7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship 389 pieces, 4 figs, $49.99

7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle 389 pieces, 4 figs, $59.99

That is bullshit. Glad I don't buy Star Wars sets.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

Evek posted:

That's what I thought too. I was convinced it was a fan-model of something... maybe a videogame. For some reason I picture it crash-landing in a swamp.

The angler fish is really cool. I've been trying to get a collection of cool animals and I'm working on finding some dinosaurs from the ~2001 Adventures and JP3 sets. May have to grab that fish.

Flavor Bear posted:

Star Wars sets have the best pieces in my opinion. A lot of useful stuff in there. But I agree. Way too expensive.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Flavor Bear posted:

I restrict myself to Hoth sets, much more affordable.

I might pick up a couple of the Angler Attack sets, I was going to complain that it only has 3 of the column pieces, but I just noticed this was coming out soon...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

PeePot posted:

I restrict myself to Hoth sets, much more affordable.

I might pick up a couple of the Angler Attack sets, I was going to complain that it only has 3 of the column pieces, but I just noticed this was coming out soon...

:swoon: That set is incredible; the color scheme combined with those awesome minifigs means I'll be picking that set up sometime soon.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

InfinEight posted:

Its the Jedi Shuttle, one of the new official Star Wars sets. How do you like the set Arkannoyed? It looks pretty slick and fun to play with.

It's cool. It comes with four jedi:

left to right: Anakin (holding a spare wedge), Obi-Wan, Saesee Tinn, Shaak Ti

And has a cool landing gear:

It also comes with stickers, but gently caress stickers. :colbert:

Final Gloom posted:

I'm wondering about that massive gear.
It's how the wings rotate around the ship.

I bought the last series 2 minifig from Borders the other night, lucked out and got another I didn't already have (the surfer). Here's my collection:

I also felt compelled to make this:

I call him Mexikin Skywalker.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Now here's a kid who's whole world got all twisted,
leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky...

Arkannoyed posted:

I call him Mexikin Skywalker.

Mexican Jedi are the best Jedi. Te voy a cortar con me espada de rayo, puto!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why did they change Atlantis glass from green to yellow?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Why did they change Atlantis glass from green to yellow?

They wanted to give the community false hope for a Blacktron 1 revival just to be evil.

InfinEight fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 14, 2011

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The more I see of Alien Conquest, the more I feel like I need to buy every set. This is not good. :ohdear:

Some guy's got some great pics of the 2011 sets from NYTF.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/sets/ (Alien Conquest on page 2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The more I see of Alien Conquest, the more I feel like I need to buy every set. This is not good. :ohdear:

Some guy's got some great pics of the 2011 sets from NYTF.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/sets/ (Alien Conquest on page 2)

The little human defense guys have the coolest outfits. Those helmets look awesome, and I'm really warming up to the baby blue combat fatigues. I'm definitely dropping a few paychecks into those sets.

I am going to be playing tabletop X-Com Lego for the rest of my days.