Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

navyjack posted:

Evidence for V being male, maybe? Cause he has sure hosed up his role as male parent.

I was going to say something about how we'll eventually meet Durkan's dad and he'll be a thousand years old and totally rad but now all I can think about is who your alt account is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Perhaps because it would explicitly negate the moral Haley is trying to teach her dad, I'm wondering if he always gets caught because Uncle Geoff is a traitor...

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nilbop posted:

I was going to say something about how we'll eventually meet Durkan's dad and he'll be a thousand years old and totally rad but now all I can think about is who your alt account is.

I think I remember reading (maybe in that letter he writes home) something that implied Durkon's dad was dead. There sure are a lot of father issues in this comic.

edit: yeah here: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0305.html

Seldom Posts fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 9, 2011

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010

Bobulus posted:

Perhaps because it would explicitly negate the moral Haley is trying to teach her dad, I'm wondering if he always gets caught because Uncle Geoff is a traitor...

He claims Geoff and Ivy asked him to come to that continent. Bozzok said he got two of his accomplices to convince Ian to leave Greysky. Coupled with Ian's claim that you can trust family absolutely, seems plausible to me.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Zetetica posted:

He claims Geoff and Ivy asked him to come to that continent. Bozzok said he got two of his accomplices to convince Ian to leave Greysky. Coupled with Ian's claim that you can trust family absolutely, seems plausible to me.

I wonder what Geoff was supposed to be getting out of the deal, then, considering he's been locked up for presumably as long as Ian has.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Nilbop posted:

It's Kcajyvan. I use him to post in LF mostly.

That post was supposed to be "Oh, hey, ALSO...", not "Yes, quite right, and..." but I can see how somebody might get the wrong idea.

Aeldaar
Apr 14, 2008

Check.
does that orange speech bubble mean she is using the glibness potion? If so why's she lying to ethan in the last panel?

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Aeldaar posted:

does that orange speech bubble mean she is using the glibness potion? If so why's she lying to ethan in the last panel?

Could just mean she has the effect, but it only helps when she lies. It is kinda ambiguous, but having the text color change in the last panel would lead people to think that the potion wore off.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Her balloons are colored because the potion is affecting her. When she was explaining its effects earlier her text was colored, not just when she was lying.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010

Aeldaar posted:

Huge implication that she isn't lying to Ethan, but someone else...

So :smith:

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Aeldaar posted:

Not everything she says is a lie while under the effects of the potion.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Aeldaar posted:

not elan, she's just lying to her father :smith:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I just realized the last line has a sort of Epimenides paradox thing going on :v:

Aeldaar
Apr 14, 2008

Check.

HKR posted:

Not everything she says is a lie while under the effects of the potion.
oh okay while she was in the amz it's white, and outside it's orange makes sense

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

OOOOOOH YES ARENA FIGHTS IT'S ON NOW

OOOOOOH YES ARENA FIGHTS it will be on in one of the next, hmmm, let's say eight episodes.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Man that elf is giving V some insane evils right there.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I don't think I've ever seen a kobold go un-murdered for so long.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...
I really want Batiatus to make a guest appearance.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

tazman posted:

Man that elf is giving V some insane evils right there.

I think s/he is glaring at the cat, who seems to be looking back at him/her.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Vicissitude posted:

I think s/he is glaring at the cat, who seems to be looking back at him/her.

I thought that too, but I figured if Burlew wanted to show that the elf would have his/her head tilted down. Of course that's me scrutinising the art in a stick figure comic so who knows.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
You forget that an elf looked at V in the same manner in an earlier strip. It's likely it's at V.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Besides, the elf is already seen seated next to the cat in panel two, not minding the animal. It's only when V shows up that he seems disapproving.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

didn't this elf glare at him/her before?

edit : I seriously can't find it. Weird, wonder why I thought that?

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 13, 2011

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0754.html
I happened to catch it. It doesn't show it, but third row, 2nd Panel. The Raven remarks about it.

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
Its apparantly the elven ambassador, he/she probably recognises V and knows about the whole genocide thing.

Donraj
May 7, 2007

by Ralp
Makes me wonder if Tiamat has started retaliating against the elves in general.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
It may be just me, but the Elven Ambassador is so indistinguishable (except for the cut hair) from V's mate that I think it is his/her mate despite that V's mate is already established as a baker.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

TPNMVZ posted:

It may be just me, but the Elven Ambassador is so indistinguishable (except for the cut hair) from V's mate that I think it is his/her mate despite that V's mate is already established as a baker.

They're both elves and both have (different shades and lengths of) green hair? It's a stick figure comic, everyone looks alike. I'm sure V would have recognized him/her.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Anger and a similar hair color--the ambassador might be V's mate's parent or sibling or something, which would explain both the distaste and the fact that V didn't want to talk about it.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Oh awesome I glad we could import the same crazy baseless speculation from the OotS forums into SA!

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

HKR posted:

Oh awesome I glad we could import the same crazy baseless speculation from the OotS forums into SA!

It's clearly ridiculous anyway. Previous comics have shown us that parents have the exact same hair as their parents. Remember the great Hayley Hair debate of '11?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Amused Frog posted:

It's clearly ridiculous anyway. Previous comics have shown us that parents have the exact same hair as their parents. Remember the great Hayley Hair debate of '11?
Are you suggesting that the entire pregame show cast is comprised of siblings or twins or something? Look at the hair! :supaburn:

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
Talking about Haley's other has reminded me of something:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0309.html
In this comic, Haley is telling all her secrets to Elan in an effort to break her curse:

Panel 3: Elan, I'm in love with you.
Panel 5: Elan, I'm in love with you. Completely in love. Love, love, love, love!
Panel 7: My dad is being held ransom by an evil dictator. I'm not really in the Thieves' Guild anymore.
Panel 9: I cheat at solitaire. I have a tattoo you've never seen. I kissed a girl once. OK, OK, more than once!
Panel 11: Elan, it turns out I may not be exactly what you would call--

Now I always assumed she was going to say she's not exactly human, implying her mother was something else. But looking now, it seems her mum and dad are both 100% human. Now I'm at a loss as to what it is.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Noonsaliwah posted:

Now I always assumed she was going to say she's not exactly human, implying her mother was something else. But looking now, it seems her mum and dad are both 100% human. Now I'm at a loss as to what it is.

"Good-aligned", maybe?

Junk Science
Mar 4, 2008

"A virgin."

:smug:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

rotinaj posted:

"Good-aligned", maybe?
Probably. #393: "Of course not! This is absurd! I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!"

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

XkyRauh posted:

Are you suggesting that the entire pregame show cast is comprised of siblings or twins or something? Look at the hair! :supaburn:

We're through the looking glass here, people!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Noonsaliwah posted:

-- good. I've had to... kill some people, and do some very mean things...

Why does everyone jump to the oddest explination, like that Haley's not human? Are we suddenly all Elan?

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
I dunno, her not exactly being good doesn't seem such a big secret when they think she's part of a thieve's guild. Especially since they travel with people who are clearly evil and Neutral. It just seems to pale in comparison to her other secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Noonsaliwah posted:

I dunno, her not exactly being good doesn't seem such a big secret when they think she's part of a thieve's guild. Especially since they travel with people who are clearly evil and Neutral. It just seems to pale in comparison to her other secrets.

Hmmm.

"Female"?