Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Xenomrph posted:

Wait, what smartgunner guy? :stare:

The Iron Grenadier in wave 4 comes with a knock off version of one with a huge ammo drum. Would go along nicely with Duke's "Pulse Rifle" Should be out around July I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went to Walmart tonight, saw three Green Lantern 5-Packs. The first two had the Guy Gardner swapped out for other DCUC figures, the third one had 4 of the 5 swapped.

I'm out, no more toy buying for me if this is what I have to deal with.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Jace Madan posted:

The Iron Grenadier in wave 4 comes with a knock off version of one with a huge ammo drum. Would go along nicely with Duke's "Pulse Rifle" Should be out around July I think.

Some of the other Joes are neat. I don't even collect GI Joe, but I will occasionally buy one if it's cool looking like the Jungle Viper last year.

This Ninja guy is cool
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FGIJoe&pic=IMG_1634.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

80's Punk Rock girl?
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FGIJoe&pic=IMG_1668.jpg&dispsize=800&start=40

I think this is Cobra Commander? If so, that's a really cool outfit.
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FGIJoe&pic=IMG_1678.jpg&dispsize=800&start=40

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Some of the other Joes are neat. I don't even collect GI Joe, but I will occasionally buy one if it's cool looking like the Jungle Viper last year.

This Ninja guy is cool
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FGIJoe&pic=IMG_1634.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

80's Punk Rock girl?
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FGIJoe&pic=IMG_1668.jpg&dispsize=800&start=40

I think this is Cobra Commander? If so, that's a really cool outfit.
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FGIJoe&pic=IMG_1678.jpg&dispsize=800&start=40

Yeah, it's the Commander based off of the Renegades cartoon.

Some of the others do look cool, but don't really get me excited compared to figures from last year like the

Firefly:http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2010/pursuit_of_cobra/figures/firefly.html

Commando Snake Eyes: http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2010/pursuit_of_cobra/figures/wave3/snakeeyes.html

Beach Head: http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2010/pursuit_of_cobra/pre-production/beachhead_city_strike_hawkwinter.html

And Dusty:http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2010/pursuit_of_cobra/figures/wave2/dusty.html

among others.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I was excited for this LOSH boxed set but still on the fence.

Then I saw this.

gently caress me, gotta have it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Well, the inclusion of Toyman makes me happy to be able to finish my original Legion of Doom team, even if, ironically enough, I don't give a poo poo about the Super Friends. Bronze Tiger and Digger also give me some hope that we're moving towards more Suicide Squad figures. Deadshot and Chemo are lonely, and I think a Four Horseman Amanda Waller would be awesome.

It's also weird as gently caress to do three modern CSA members and two retro. I don't understand that at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

It's also weird as gently caress to do three modern CSA members and two retro. I don't understand that at all.

I could understand it if they were a regular wave, maybe they're variants or something but since it's a boxed set it's very strange.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Went to Walmart tonight, saw three Green Lantern 5-Packs. The first two had the Guy Gardner swapped out for other DCUC figures, the third one had 4 of the 5 swapped.

I'm out, no more toy buying for me if this is what I have to deal with.

Ugh, I know how you feel, I usually see Dcucs/or Marvel Legends returned but with the
BAF and CNC pieces removed .

Worst time was when I though I had finally found a Marvel Universe Archangel but it was just his package with a "CORPS" figure in it....

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

That's fantastic.

Also, don't forget the 2 Joes who are really blatantly based on Billy and Blain from 'Predator', too. :haw:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So for those of you passing on the DCUC GL 5-pack, you'll be happy to know you'll be able to get a modern GL Guy Gardner via DC Direct somewhere down the line:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FDC_Direct&pic=IMG_3390.jpg&dispsize=800&start=60

Or for those of you who prefer the Red, chainsawed model:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FDC_Direct&pic=IMG_3413.jpg&dispsize=800&start=80

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Hey great news everyone!

quote:

This was not covered in the Mattel Toy Fair presentation earlier today,but we ran into ToyGuru at the Four Horsemen’s ‘Toypocalypse’ event tonight and when we asked him about DCUC wave 18 being a Walmart exclusive as indicated on the info card in front of the figures, we got a little scoop.

There won’t be any more retailer exclusive waves in 2011! What we will see are retailers getting the waves for an exclusive window (usually a month) much like K-mart got with wave 13 last year. Wave 18 will have a exclusive time at Walmart, but the wave won’t be exclusive to the chain. Target should also be getting an exclusive window for an upcoming wave of DCUC.

You heard it here first!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/afi-toy-fair-scoop-no-more-exclusive-dcuc-waves

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Xenomrph posted:

That's fantastic.

Also, don't forget the 2 Joes who are really blatantly based on Billy and Blain from 'Predator', too. :haw:

hmmm link me

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

GD_American posted:

hmmm link me

He's even got Billy's gently caress-off huge knife, and the same gun he used in 'Predator' (M-16 with an underslung shotgun).

And Here's Blain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

So for those of you passing on the DCUC GL 5-pack, you'll be happy to know you'll be able to get a modern GL Guy Gardner via DC Direct somewhere down the line:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FDC_Direct&pic=IMG_3390.jpg&dispsize=800&start=60

Or for those of you who prefer the Red, chainsawed model:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FDC_Direct&pic=IMG_3413.jpg&dispsize=800&start=80

Hahahahahah! gently caress Yes!

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

He's even got Billy's gently caress-off huge knife, and the same gun he used in 'Predator' (M-16 with an underslung shotgun).

And Here's Blain.

Yeah, they are great figures. I'm really tempted to get the Revoltech Predator to go with them.

Also, NECA's SDCC exclusive this year is the Gort/Gaurdian mask on a P1 body with skull/spine trophy. I've gotta get that one.

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 15, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Have there been any new updates for the Christopher Reeve Hot Toys Superman?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

Yeah, they are great figures. I'm really tempted to get the Revoltech Predator to go with them.

Also, NECA's SDCC exclusive this year is the Gort/Gaurdian mask on a P1 body with skull/spine trophy. I've gotta get that one.

I've never even seen the Billy GI Joe one in stores. Is it out yet?

I saw the Blain one just the other day, and I dunno. Like, I like the novelty that it's Blain but without the minigun it just isn't "complete".

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
loving sweeeet! And it's Galactus size! :dance:

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I've never even seen the Billy GI Joe one in stores. Is it out yet?

I saw the Blain one just the other day, and I dunno. Like, I like the novelty that it's Blain but without the minigun it just isn't "complete".

Yeah, he's been out for awhile. It's a Toys R US exclusive though, so depending on how well your local ones get stuff in, it may be hard to find.

I gave my Blain (Recondo) the minigun from the Rise of Cobra Heavy Duty figure, it looks pretty good.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

Yeah, he's been out for awhile. It's a Toys R US exclusive though, so depending on how well your local ones get stuff in, it may be hard to find.

I gave my Blain (Recondo) the minigun from the Rise of Cobra Heavy Duty figure, it looks pretty good.
Okay, yeah, all my local TRUs are pretty terrible about stocking new poo poo, so I'll probably never see it. :(

I kinda want to get the Duke with the pulse rifle but I'm not sure how badly I want to drop $7 or whatever when I'm really only buying him for the gun. :saddowns:

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Okay, yeah, all my local TRUs are pretty terrible about stocking new poo poo, so I'll probably never see it. :(

I kinda want to get the Duke with the pulse rifle but I'm not sure how badly I want to drop $7 or whatever when I'm really only buying him for the gun. :saddowns:

It's too bad Palisades went under, and never got around to making the 3 3/4" Terminator 2 figures. Some of the Tech-Com soldiers would have came with dead-on accurate Pulse Rifles.

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 15, 2011

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Xenomrph posted:

I have trouble believing you don't already have a couple pulse rifles at tht scale. :) I like the one that came with Kenner's Vasquez. It's not 100% accurate, but it looks badass and fits the scale of most of my figures.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

It's too bad Palisades went under, and never got around to making the 3 3/4" Terminator 2 figures. Some of the Tech-Com soldiers would have came with dead-on accurate Pulse Rifles.

Wow, those are pretty great. I do have a few of the Terminator Salvation figures that Playmates did, those are pretty neat

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I have trouble believing you don't already have a couple pulse rifles at tht scale. :) I like the one that came with Kenner's Vasquez. It's not 100% accurate, but it looks badass and fits the scale of most of my figures.
Haha yeah, I actually don't have any. I do have a bunch of LEGO pulse rifles, and I've got the 6"-scale one that came with McFarlane's Corporal Hicks.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

loving sweeeet! And it's Galactus size! :dance:

Bah, they should do the Marvel vs Capcom version, with limited edition Mango Sentinels for added awesomeness.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was clearing out boxes and I found the Jay & Silent Bob action figures from Graphitti Designs. Anyone interested?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Now I normally don't buy GI Joe stuff, but I came across the Jungle Viper today and he was just too cool-looking to pass up. He's even cooler out of the packaging, with his multi-part camo gear and his crazy-huge goggles and stuff. I'm really digging him, I think he looks really unique.

(photo from here)

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 19, 2011

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Xenomrph posted:

Now I normally don't buy GI Joe stuff, but I came across the Jungle Viper today and he was just too cool-looking to pass up. He's even cooler out of the packaging, with his multi-part camo gear and his crazy-huge goggles and stuff. I'm really digging him, I think he looks really unique.

(photo from here)

Yeah, they're pretty awesome...I think I have a dozen of them now. (I converted 6 into ARAH style Night Vipers, I'm pretty sure this figure was sort of a homage to them).

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Yeah, the GI Joe figures from this past year have been incredible. Awesome designs, TONS of accessories and cool characters have made it a figure line where I've been eagerly looking foward to the next figures, even more than Star Wars figures.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm sorry, he's awesome looking, but the idea of a specialized jungle fighter wearing a suit full of really large things for the actual jungle to snag on is kinda funny

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

I'm looking for any 4th World related DCU figures, aside from Mister Miracle which I already have, if anyone is willing to trade/sell. That includes:

Orion
Barda
Lightray
CnC Kalibak
Desaad
CnC Darkseid
Parademons
Mantis
Steppenwolf

For trade, I have pretty much every single Marvel Legend that came out pre-2010, including most variants, so if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. I'm not willing to part with some of my Legends, but if you have a list of wants, I can see if I can help out.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

Djarum posted:

dcu wave 18-toynan, black Vulcan, samurai, el dorado, modern captain boomerang, bronze tiger classic, apache chief (c&c figure) walmart fall

I'm buying a whole wave of figures I don't care about so I can have Apache Chief.

I'll have to get rid of Toy Man and Black Vulcan. I can't very well start collecting Super Friends figures since I don't have the Wonder Twins. Just doesn't seem right.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!

Beanpants posted:

I'm looking for any 4th World related DCU figures, aside from Mister Miracle which I already have, if anyone is willing to trade/sell. That includes:

Orion
Barda
Lightray
CnC Kalibak
Desaad
CnC Darkseid
Parademons
Mantis
Steppenwolf

For trade, I have pretty much every single Marvel Legend that came out pre-2010, including most variants, so if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. I'm not willing to part with some of my Legends, but if you have a list of wants, I can see if I can help out.

I have an opened Desaad and a misb steppenwolf (non green version) that i would be willing to sell plus maybe a robot mantis though I like that one... I really do not like marvel so other than deadpool id probably only take cash, transformers or dcuc. Just PM me.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Beanpants posted:

Orion
Barda
Lightray
CnC Kalibak
Desaad
CnC Darkseid
Parademons
Mantis
Steppenwolf

Sent you a PM. I'm getting out of dolls, so anything would be for sale.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!

Pretty Hat Machine posted:

Sent you a PM. I'm getting out of dolls, so anything would be for sale.

You don't happen to have the color of fear set?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

AlkalinePunk posted:

You don't happen to have the color of fear set?

Nah I didn't get any of the mail order stuff.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Beanpants posted:

Orion
Barda
Lightray
CnC Kalibak
Desaad
CnC Darkseid
Parademons
Mantis
Steppenwolf

I have a helmet-wearing Barda I'd be willing to sell or trade, but I'm only looking for DCUC Jaime Blue Beetle, some random JLU figures, the Indie Spotlight Tick (on the rare chance you already have one), or the Wildcats 3.0 Year One TPB.

I don't have PM, but my e-mail is saxman2 AT hotmail.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I have a helmet-wearing Barda I'd be willing to sell or trade, but I'm only looking for DCUC Jaime Blue Beetle, some random JLU figures, the Indie Spotlight Tick (on the rare chance you already have one), or the Wildcats 3.0 Year One TPB.

I don't have PM, but my e-mail is saxman2 AT hotmail.

I have that Blue Beetle if you need him.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I have that Blue Beetle if you need him.

I've passed him up at regular price more than once. Really hoping to get him in a trade, or a cheaper deal on a loose one. No offense, of course!

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=
I figure before I toss them on eBay, I'd see if anyone was interested in some loose DCUC of the last series that came out. They're complete, except for the BAF piece.

I've got:
- Riddler (Series 16)
- Jonah Hex
- Creeper
- Mercury

- Vintage Robin (still MIB)

-Zatanna (a pre-release figure from Singapore. The hat is permanently attached to the head. :argh: And, I took the liberty of drilling a hole into her foot so she could use a DCUC stand)

I also have some BAF parts.

I've got:
-Darkseid - Torso
-Kalibak - Right Arm
-Chemo - Crotch
-Ultra Humanite - Right Arm
-Trigon - Left Leg
-Arkillo - Right Leg
-Validus - Right Leg
-Atom Smasher - Right Leg

If anyone wants something, toss me a PM or email me at vitaminzinc at gmail and we'll try to work something out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Who are the other Joe collectors in this thread?? We used to have a thread that died when the awful movie toys came out.

I've been buying a shitload of POC and doing customs as a side project. The Toyfair stuff looks amazing.