Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Brit Awards is on now on ITV, if you can stomach James Cordon.

e: New page bonus videos

Jarvis Cocker vs Michael Jackson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZEWomOQVno

Part 1 of the 1989 Brit Awards (THAT one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GoJ5c2ieyk

Gram-O-Phone fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Brit Awards is on now on ITV, if you can stomach James Cordon.

Could this scream "don't watch me" any louder?

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Could this scream "don't watch me" any louder?

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Brit Awards is on now on ITV, if you can stomach James Cordon Piers Morgan

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The bonklihood expert is the serial killer helpline guy from a couple weeks ago isn't he in How TV Ruined Your Life?

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I kept expecting Konnie Huq to show up in that episode in a 'love is terrible, isn't that right love?' sort of way.

Too many loving sketches though. They're too long.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Muppetjedi posted:

I kept expecting Konnie Huq to show up in that episode in a 'love is terrible, isn't that right love?' sort of way.

Too many loving sketches though. They're too long.

There were a lot of sketches, but only a few of them involved loving. :rimshot:

"I should say something suave."

BHUAAGH!

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
The news sketch was too long and the last one made me want to vomit it was so cringeworthy. Everything else was great though.

Beast
May 2, 2004
thirsty for justice
The best brooker episode so far of this lovely show which I like to think of as a new screenwipe. In contrast with the previous episodes I adored the sketches.

This is probably just shows how bitter I am. It's made my Tuesday.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
For anyone else who went "I know this loving music!" during the start, I realised what it was; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lAfMT5FIZE&t=0m22s

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Didn't this episode have mostly new material as well?

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

You are being shagged by a rare Parrot!
:parrot:
What [another] fantastic episode. The basic concluding premise to the shows seems to be 'kill your self'.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I'm going to ask in here because someone will know what I'm on about.

Does anyone have a link to the clip of Mark Lamaar on a chat show(?), where he just tells a reggae star to shut the gently caress up/stop talking poo poo because he's spouting off about homosexuality being disgusting?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

ibroxmassive posted:

I'm going to ask in here because someone will know what I'm on about.

Does anyone have a link to the clip of Mark Lamaar on a chat show(?), where he just tells a reggae star to shut the gently caress up/stop talking poo poo because he's spouting off about homosexuality being disgusting?

The chat show was The Word, the reggae star was Shabba Ranks, it was 1992. I believe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVvXTNZKPSU) is the clip, but it's blocked. Best I can do.

Edit: The google-fu is strong in this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ8Z0biU_Zw&t=1m40s

Strom Cuzewon fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 16, 2011

m0isty
Sep 7, 2007
Never knowingly underfed....
Why is channel 4 blocking their own country?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Finally, Outcasts is going somewhere with the Human jaw bone.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I mentioned this in the V thread, but due to a general lack of decent Sci-fi i was contemplating a massive box-set-a-thon of a couple of shows. So i looked up the original twilight zone 60's series and they're about £40 a DVD season, which is nuts because you can get the blu-ray box set of all 4 BSG seasons for £100.

Has anyone seen these pop up cheaper somewhere? I just find the pricing of it a little weird (although somewhat understandable as The Twilight Zone is the poo poo).

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The chat show was The Word, the reggae star was Shabba Ranks, it was 1992. I believe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVvXTNZKPSU) is the clip, but it's blocked. Best I can do.

Edit: The google-fu is strong in this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ8Z0biU_Zw&t=1m40s

Thanks man. I just remember Mark Lamaar being really annoyed.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

For anyone else who went "I know this loving music!" during the start, I realised what it was; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lAfMT5FIZE&t=0m22s

Thanks for this, does anyone know what the music that started about 14 minutes in, during the blind date recap was? Its some kind of strings version of something I know I've heard but I'm drawing a blank..

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Turra posted:

Thanks for this, does anyone know what the music that started about 14 minutes in, during the blind date recap was? Its some kind of strings version of something I know I've heard but I'm drawing a blank..
It's Purple Haze

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

m0isty posted:

Why is channel 4 blocking their own country?

Think it's because all of their content is also on the 4OD site/Youtube channel and they want you to go there and watch adverts.

$$$

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Gotta say, I really like Sky Atlantic now. Between rewatching Sopranos and Six Feet Under (The former the whole way through, the latter until it gets poo poo) and Blue Bloods and Boardwalk Empire it's getting a big percentage of my viewing time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Is Whitechapel getting a third series?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Gotta say, I really like Sky Atlantic now. Between rewatching Sopranos and Six Feet Under (The former the whole way through, the latter until it gets loving depressing) and Blue Bloods and Boardwalk Empire it's getting a big percentage of my viewing time.

Fixed, but yeah nothing but gold on that channel. Wonder if they will be able to air Generation Kill at some point?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So the BBC 6Music Mismanagement have decided that having acquired the highly regarded Radcliffe and Marconie, it'd be a good idea to restrict them to one freeplay per hour.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/radio/network/docs/6music_radcliffe2011.pdf

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Hmm. It IS the afternoon show, and the BBC can only accept so much change per decade, so you'd expect it to have to be "playlist focused". But equally, why take that duo and then put them there when you know you're going to restrict them?

6 music shines when the presenters can just play whatever the gently caress takes their fancy and randomly hold a cod-reggae week.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Are many of their shows outsourced to independent companies like this? I always assumed that unless it was a documentary it was produced internally by the BBC.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

quote:

What is the Independent Production quota?

A: We have the statutory quota commitment to ensure that 25% of our qualifying transmission hours are independently produced and that the profile of the 25% reflects the wide range and diversity of our programming. The 25% quota is applied across all of the television channels and services combined. From 2005 there are also separate 25% quotas for BBC ONE and BBC TWO.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/questions/quotas.shtml

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I think Tim Westwood's Radio One show is produced by his own production company

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

I was hoping that since Sky Atlantic has HBO's back catalogue now that they would decide to reshow deadwood from the beginning down the line.
Everyone needs to have seen that show.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kin posted:

Has anyone seen these pop up cheaper somewhere? I just find the pricing of it a little weird (although somewhat understandable as The Twilight Zone is the poo poo).

I went through a mini-obsession with The Twilight Zone awhile ago and decided I simply must have the full boxset. It's old right? Really popular too, surely it can't be too expensive??

Basically, good luck finding it for a reasonable price! :(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Gelf posted:

I was hoping that since Sky Atlantic has HBO's back catalogue now that they would decide to reshow deadwood from the beginning down the line.
Everyone needs to have seen that show.

I remember seeing a clip of it on Screenwipe and I loving love realistic-ish Western movies and TV shows.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Paperhouse posted:

It's Purple Haze

And it's most likely Vitamin String Quartet - who are the usual suspects for string versions of popular songs :)

Anyone else jumping on the Masterchef bandwagon this year? I never really follow the other ones, I only like to watch the normal everyday amateur ones with a passion, the young/semi-pro/celeb stuff I don't care for.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

How TV Ruined Your Life and 10 O'Clock Live are like a one-two punch of crushing depression. They're even spaced out so by the time you recover from one and stop hating life it's time for the other.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

dog days are over posted:

I went through a mini-obsession with The Twilight Zone awhile ago and decided I simply must have the full boxset. It's old right? Really popular too, surely it can't be too expensive??

Basically, good luck finding it for a reasonable price! :(

:smith:

The thing is, while the seasons may have 30-36 episodes, they're mostly 25 minute episodes IIRC, so you're getting less overall content than a regualr 20 episode box set too.

I'd hate to think of how much they'd cost if they ever got released on blu-ray.

finna udders
Jan 28, 2005

mu
The Limmy Show S2 starts tomorrow night. Are you excited and looking forward to that? You should be.

He is king of the trolls, yaaaaassssss.

Bonto
Aug 8, 2007

Honey!?
Although it isn't a UK program, while watching this "Jeopardy! : an IBM challenge" I couldn't help feel a strange sense of Deja vu. (for those unaware, IBM has made a robot capable of competing in Jeopardy! and is pitting it against the game's strongest participants - You can watch it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ5VIq_Uvo )

Then I realised, we've already done this in the UK - in the form of Kevin from Eggheads. No human can store that amount of knowledge.

(P.S CJ is a loving prick)

Bonto fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Feb 17, 2011

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004

Daimo posted:

Finally, Outcasts is going somewhere with the Human jaw bone.

Yeah that was the best thing about the episode, I hope they just don't leave it out there and carry on drip feeding us information.
Elijah did a loving great job of being scary and vulnerable at the same time and the dialogue actually was intentionally funny. Looking forward to next weeks.

Also is there anyone on Carpathia that doesn't fancy Fleur?

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Moogulus Caesar posted:

The Limmy Show S2 starts tomorrow night. Are you excited and looking forward to that? You should be.

He is king of the trolls, yaaaaassssss.

Oh my god, I'm probably going to actually watch this. Why do I torture myself?

Hoisin Crispy Owl
Jan 1, 2010
I love Limmy :( If it makes any of you feel better Rab and Iain have got a second series of Burnistoun coming soon and it's going to be a belter if the stuff I saw at the screenings is any indication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonto
Aug 8, 2007

Honey!?

Hoisin Crispy Owl posted:

I love Limmy :( If it makes any of you feel better Rab and Iain have got a second series of Burnistoun coming soon and it's going to be a belter if the stuff I saw at the screenings is any indication.

Burnistoun was a guilty pleasure of mine last year - the sketch where Rab throws a bottle of lemonade at a chav and becomes a small celebrity had me rolling. Definitely underrated - although you can understand why, towards the end of its series it did seem to waver in quality. Hopefully this series will be a bit more consistent.

A quick google search describes the show as "critically acclaimed" - is that true? was the show that well-regarded? My understanding was that it didn't do too well audience-wise. I remember having to introduce it on these forums as there seemed to be no talk about it, and that was after it's second or third episode.

What was shown in the screenings?