Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic
May 18, 2004

Your ass is on my platter, snapperhead!

Naky posted:

:words:
If you need voices (because mute NPCs in mods suck) then give me a shout, ben.brown@talk21.com . I can provide hosting too. :)

I've got an SM58 mic and lots of experience, while I know a few voice actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
So I've finished my first playthrough and am preparing for my second time with mods, therefore I stumbled upon some problems/questions:

Is there an easy way to update all my mods? Most of 'em seem to be updated on a regular basis.

I'm running Nevada Skies URLWified or whatever it's called, along with Electro City and this ambient temperature thing, I've set the month to july, but it seems to rain all the time. Is this intended?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
A World Of Pain makes new vegas crash on load. This is why I make everything into FOMODs.

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.
Ok, I'm using a playable ghoul mod and my hands are pink.

I know someone else had that problem, does anyone know what I should do know? I don't think it has anything to do with my load order but I can post it later if I have to.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Hellbunny posted:

I know someone else had that problem, does anyone know what I should do know? I don't think it has anything to do with my load order but I can post it later if I have to.

Sounds like a texture's missing/bugged.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Carecat posted:

A World Of Pain makes new vegas crash on load. This is why I make everything into FOMODs.

Only if you have some sort of incompatibility or didn't install it right.

New Vegas is really, really stable even with 75+ mods loaded

(even big ones like Increased Wasteland Spawns, Electro City, World of Pain, WME (and it's load of compatibility patches) Nevada Skies URWL-fied, Project Nevada, New Vegas Bounties, and lots of little ones together.

Making things into FMOD's is good, but you really need FNVedit and your merged patch. If you aren't in FNVedit tweaking your loads and manually tweaking your merged patch then you are never going to get your boobs on your molerats companion without crashes :colbert:

Seriously New Vegas is easy street compared to the scene that was Morrowind or early Oblivion modding.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Good news for you bullpup weapon fans - modders could never get proper reload animations before due to the animations being incomplete. The halfass animation was there, but it looked like poo poo in first person and the magazine would never actually animate. Well, the WAR dude is getting ready to replace a new animation for all bullpup weapons soon. Now that I know this, I can actually mod in the cooler bullpup weapons in the next update.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently Tales From the Burning Sands Chapter 2 is getting released tomorrow. Have to say I can't wait.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Hellbunny posted:

I believe that's a problem with some mods giving you the ability to change your race. The same issue crops up when you set your "player.agerace" to a child: Your hands--and occasionally--other parts of you are a textureless pink. One of the playable Ghoul race mods acknowledges this issue but doesn't seem to make an attempt to correct it. I've found another Ghoul race mod that has figured out a way around the problem. I can't look for it right now but if you haven't found it in a little while, I'll see if I can post a link to it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Not having a *hand_1st set of files made my character's hands pink when I was messing around with textures.

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I believe that's a problem with some mods giving you the ability to change your race. The same issue crops up when you set your "player.agerace" to a child: Your hands--and occasionally--other parts of you are a textureless pink. One of the playable Ghoul race mods acknowledges this issue but doesn't seem to make an attempt to correct it. I've found another Ghoul race mod that has figured out a way around the problem. I can't look for it right now but if you haven't found it in a little while, I'll see if I can post a link to it.

Thanks.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Hellbunny posted:

Thanks.

If you haven't found it yet, here is the playable ghoul mod with the fixed hands.

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If you haven't found it yet, here is the playable ghoul mod with the fixed hands.

That's the one I'm using.

What now? :(

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Here are some shots of my current char. I decided I would theme my characters in New Vegas on the old GW game Necromunda after seeing the cool Metal armours in FO3:The Pitt. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Van Graffs are loosely based on the Van Saar House. Lings doesn't give me nearly flamboyant-enough hair to recreate a proper Escher though, which is somewhat of a disappointment.

Flaky fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 14, 2011

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,

Flaky posted:

Here are some shots of my current char. I decided I would theme my characters in New Vegas on the old GW game Necromunda after seeing the cool Metal armours in FO3:The Pitt. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Van Graffs are loosely based of the Van Saar House. Lings doesn't give me nearly flamboyant-enough hair to recreate a proper Escher though, which is somewhat of a disappointment.

Get the infinite followers mod and you can actually have a gang.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Magic posted:

If you need voices (because mute NPCs in mods suck) then give me a shout, ben.brown@talk21.com . I can provide hosting too. :)

I've got an SM58 mic and lots of experience, while I know a few voice actors.

If someone offers you the chance to voice a Johhny Fiveaces companion, do it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

KakerMix posted:

Only if you have some sort of incompatibility or didn't install it right.

I found the problem, it was actually a comparability patch for using AWOP with WMX that doesn't work with the low loot version, the weapons it wants to make compatible don't exist in low loot.

jvempire
May 10, 2009
Why do I keep getting this error when ever I try and do anything in FOMM?
code:
Monday, February 14, 2011 - 1:01:23 PM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Version..ctor(String version)
   at Fomm.MainForm.checkForUpdateToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Does it have something to do with Windows 7?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
I get something like that right after I update templates but it seems to stick when it updates.

code:
Monday, February 14, 2011 - 12:26:45 AM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, 
NumberBuffer&number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, 
       NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Version..ctor(String version)
   at Fomm.MainForm.checkForUpdateToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive
  (EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)at   system.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent
 (EventArgs e,ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, 
IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Syrant fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 15, 2011

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:
I’m getting the same error. It occurs when FOMM checks for a version update. Load order template checking is still okay.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
So I got an idea for a mod, I realize this isn't a tutorial thread but maybe can someone point me to one or the jist of one. Spergy nitpicking but one thing I hate about playing on hardcore mod is how soda dehydrates you since it's based off a dumb urban legend. I assume I could just open up the items in geck and modify the values to subtract H2O instead of adding it, but how would I do this and make it a mod?

Edit: Nevermind, found it on the Nexus just didn't use the right search terms I guess

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34862

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 15, 2011

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Keep in mind this is Fallout so you are probably lucky you don't get lead poisoning or kidney failure from drinking a soda. It's not some "dumb urban legend" it is because soda is basically poison and sugar.

The side effects of drinking too much Sunset Sarsaparilla are: Kidney damage, nausea, digital numbness, anxiety, loss of visual activity, dizziness, occasional nosebleeds, joint inflammation, tooth decay, sore throat, bronchitis, organ rupture and halitosis.

So I think it kinda makes sense for it to make you dehydrated. Although if you want to be uncool then feel free to mod that poo poo.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

The side effects of drinking too much Sunset Sarsaparilla are: Kidney damage, nausea, digital numbness, anxiety, loss of visual activity, dizziness, occasional nosebleeds, joint inflammation, tooth decay, sore throat, bronchitis, organ rupture and halitosis.

That's only if you drink too much why would our corporate overlords lie to us you jerk.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
It really does seem that using soda as a source of hydration while exerting yourself heavily in the middle of a desert would be a bad idea though.

Plus in gameplay terms Sunset Sarsaparilla is a great source of healing and Nuka Cola wakes you up, having it increase your thirst is hardly unfair.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Well until someone mods in a diabetes or weight gain meter I demand accuracy even if it means no downsides.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
God drat this game is awesome. Even though I only have a pentium 4 cpu, I can still play this on ultra high setting at 1920x1080 thanks to my new 5870 graphics card. And it's so stable, even with a bunch of mods thrown in - got it all to work first time no conflicts or weird recurring crashes.

I just have one question - does anyone know what the music is that ED-E plays when you enter combat? Is it possible to get the sound files from the game? I have some audio editing software, so if it's in a weird format I could probably turn it into something useful.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

EvilMuppet posted:

Get the infinite followers mod and you can actually have a gang.

You were so right! Thank you.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Heading off to work now but those of you who have offered or are willing to offer hosting for this pack, could you email me at naky.rules@gmail.com? Should be able to release this thing tonight if all goes well.

Brigg
Dec 27, 2006
Master of all things orange.
Oh, Naky, Im not even sure if its possible but I'm pretty good at first person animation (And any other kind for that matter), So if you want help animating any of the weapons I can definitely do some of them.

But of course, I dont even know if its possible to add new animations in or if everything is just stuck onto whatever existing animation is most appropriate.

Also side note, I dug this up as well, this would fit perfectly in fallout, I think they used these in Tactics right? Screenshot is from HLMV again, so it would probably look a little better in game, unfortunately the importing instructions kinda went over my head a little.

Click here for the full 497x638 image.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Brigg posted:

Oh, Naky, Im not even sure if its possible but I'm pretty good at first person animation (And any other kind for that matter), So if you want help animating any of the weapons I can definitely do some of them.

But of course, I dont even know if its possible to add new animations in or if everything is just stuck onto whatever existing animation is most appropriate.

Also side note, I dug this up as well, this would fit perfectly in fallout, I think they used these in Tactics right? Screenshot is from HLMV again, so it would probably look a little better in game, unfortunately the importing instructions kinda went over my head a little.

Click here for the full 497x638 image.

I think it might look even worse in Fallout since the engine's pretty terrible :/
Seems like it might be awesome in a proper engine like UT3, but yeah.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

Flaky posted:

You were so right! Thank you.

What weapons are those? The ones in the first image kind of look like bolters, but I am probably wrong.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Convicted Lovebot posted:

What weapons are those? The ones in the first image kind of look like bolters, but I am probably wrong.

One seems to be Warhammer 40k Imperial Guardsman issue Lasguns, the other is a grenade launcher that is in the game vanilla, and that's all I can see.

Salmon, the Wise Fish
Jun 28, 2004
It's a Wattz2000 Laser Rifle from the classic fallout weapons pack

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brigg posted:

It's possible to replace existing or widely unused animations but I hear it's pretty tough so I'm not sure if you really want to be up to the task. That being said, if you're still willing to give a hand and try it that would be pretty amazing. The Kriss/TDI Vector in particular is a weapon that will never, ever work in Fallout 3/NV without a new animation due to its unique design. None of the reload animations are appropriate for it and the best ones have massive clipping issues. It's a lot of work for just one gun, but it could be a start.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Puce Moose's Tales From the Burning Sand - The Botanist is up.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Well, it's finally done. File is 320MB, but uncompresses to just under 1GB.

Torrent:

Download torrent81 (1 file; 313.27 MB)
View torrent stats

I do not have the greatest upload speed so please be patient or use the mirrors and hop on to help if you like. It's been set to SA only as well.

Included are two ESP files. USE ONLY ONE. The regular one is the one I used to create the mod, the second one is a realism tweaked one by pucque-tiw that aims to alter the weapons to use realistic spread values, accurate caliber selection, reload animations, etc. **IT HAS NOT BEEN EXTENSIVELY TESTED AND THERE ARE KNOWN GLITCHES**

If you are unhappy with the glitches on the realism esp, feel free to use the regular one until I'm able to work with pucque to either integrate his mod into the stock one or help fix the issues on his.

Come join us on IRC to talk about it, help out with it, report issues, or just shoot the poo poo about New Vegas modding: irc.synirc.net #TheArmory

Will edit the post as the HTTP mirrors become available. I uploaded one to Gyshall's server but I can't find it now so, uh, I'll wait for him to fix up whatever I screwed up.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

Will edit the post as the HTTP mirrors become available. I uploaded one to Gyshall's server but I can't find it now so, uh, I'll wait for him to fix up whatever I screwed up.

1 GB uncompressed? Man, that's a lot of guns! I'll be keeping my eye open so I can throw a link to the server up on the OP once everything's been set up.

With the right mods and lighting conditions, this game really can look pretty. Nevada Skies - URWLified is fantastic.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Here is a mirror for Naky's mod. Please go easy on my bandwiff and use the torrent if at all possible tyia

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!
I could be reading this wrong, but it looks like the Armory conflicts with WME pretty hard on some things. Time to wrestle with FNVEdit!

edit: Nevermind, it was the Community Bugfix thing being a dick and I am a huge dumbo. Thanks for this awesome pile of guns!

Sinatrapod fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Convicted Lovebot posted:

Mostly the Grenade Launcher converted to fire 40mm shotgun shells. Mostly.