Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TINY T-REX ARMS
Feb 12, 2011
This is my cat, Bowser who I adopted from the Cat Coalition. He was rather thin and sickly when we adopted him but thankfully he's all better. Who knew a cat could have an allergy to poultry base?

And this is Toasty, my boyfriend's kitten. She's a hyperactive annoying thing but she's so cute I just can't help but adore her. Even though she kinda hates me.

This sums up their relationship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
One of my parents' cats being very, very round:

I helped hook them up with Dora and her sister Lucy--a lady from an office a couple floors up from the lab I worked in came down wondering if anyone had something she could use as litter. A friend of hers had found two kittens abandoned on the side of the street, had brought them to her, she'd brought them to work in the hospital, etc. Cue me and half the other women in the building sneaking up to ooh and ahh over the tiny kittens; a few hours later cue me and my mother smuggling them out of Brigham & Women's hospital.

bullvine1
Feb 13, 2009
My all black GSD Panzer

My new puppy white GSD Calypso

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
:siren: Warning: tl;dr crazy cat lady post incoming :siren:

Really, feel free to skip the ramblings and just look at the pictures; I couldn't stop writing and its probably pretty boring.

Meet Katten:

We (boyfriend and I) found her outside our apartment building. She'd been lurking around for a while and one night she walked right up to us, purring and rubbing against legs. If we had been even minimally educated about cats, this should have been a warning sign. But, clueless, we gathered her up and brought her home. Put up some signs (I fought him a bit on this but it was the right thing to do), but no calls. So we went out and bought all sorts of cat toys and a cat hut and premium food and tried to make her feel at home.

She was very affectionate, more so than any cat I had ever encountered. Immediately used her litter box correctly, appetite was fine, no claws or biting even when I bathed her (lots of splashing though). Looked to be about a year and a half old, as she still had kitten tendencies. But then... the yowling started. Then the mad dashes out the door. Don't forget rolling around with her legs spread. Oh yes, heat was in full swing. Not only that, but merely days before we took her in, she apparently got herself knocked up and our life became teen mom: cat edition. We didn't realize this, however, until about 1.5 months in, when the vet told us she was enormously pregnant. Again, lack of knowledge (despite reading the cat thread here and plenty of other sites) had left us oblivious, even though she had crazy cat nipples and her stomach was huge and filled with squirmy kittens.

:siren: :nws: :nws: :nws: :siren:

:siren: :nws: :nws: :nws: :siren:

About two weeks after our epiphany, we awoke at 4am on New Years Day to tiny mewls. Hmm, that doesn't sound like Katten. Flip on the lights and oh awesome cat birth all over my nice business pants. Mmm does that placenta taste delicious Katten? We pick her up to set her in the box we had prepared and oh gently caress midway there a baby pops out and hangs from her vagina. Once she was in her box we got her some KMR to drink and petted her and coached her through the last kitten. They all latched on and fell asleep together :3:.

Meet the Settlers of Katten: ( :haw: )

Basically kittens are the most adorable thing that has happened to me ever. They're now 6 weeks and 1 day old, and turning into the rambunctious rear end in a top hat kittens I've read so much about here. Despite the clawing, the chewing on wires, and the refusal to be litterbox trained (seriously how did I end up with 3 out of 4 kittens who just cannot grasp the concept?!), their clumsy, inadvertent charm outweighs it all (at least in my eyes; the boyfriend has a little less patience regarding finding poo poo in the corners).

Anyway, here are some pictures of them in their 5th-6th week. If you all are interested I can post the best pictures I have of them growing up.

Note: The stupid "Lil _______" names were meant to identify them without giving them a real name and getting too attached. It didn't work.

Meet Lil Black (dubbed Squeegee by her future parents):

The little lady of the group. Always sitting up proper, paws crossed daintily while she stares up at you admiringly (I like to think). First (and only so far) one adopted out, for obvious reasons.

Meet Lil Gray (aka JoAnn/Lil Gramma):

We're keeping her; she immediately became attached to my boyfriend and regularly climbs up the couch to snuggle up and fall asleep. She has yet to pee in her litterbox and is the only one who won't eat solid food yet. I named her JoAnn after my grandma, who died 5 days before they were born. Her face reminds me of her, and I like to think she was reborn as this kitten (not sure if its a coping mechanism or if I'm just crazy).

Meet Lil Cute:

The crybaby, whining when he runs off by himself and then gets scared, when he instigates a fight with siblings and then gets his rear end kicked, when he's picked up, but mostly for no reason at all. Makes amazing faces (see below).

and finally, Meet Lil Sad:

The sweetest, snuggliest, and most photogenic of the bunch. Took to me much like Lil Gray took to my boyfriend. I've already bonded strongly with this kitten, but the boyfriend only wants to keep one of them. So... hopefully he comes around :ohdear:.

One more:

TL;DR: My cats a whore, pops out babies, holy gently caress they're cute.

Osaka White
Dec 26, 2010

im not falling
for it!!! tit face
I have two cats. Meet Bob and Lily! I've had Bob forever (he's 11!) and I dunno what I'd do without him. He follows me everywhere. Lily is a rescue cat, she was found in a dumpster outside our local hospital in a plastic bag with her dead brother and sister. :(

Bob:

Lily:

...And this terrifying-yet-loveable beast is Tasha, who died last year from leukemia. She was the most retarded cat ever, but I miss her!

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

anglerfish posted:

Meet the Settlers of Katten: ( :haw: )

HA. Me, my boyfriend and his parents have been playing that game for weeks, so I got it! :iamafag:

anglerfish posted:

Meet Lil Gray (aka JoAnn/Lil Gramma):

This kitten may rival my own cat in cuteness. Just... omg. :swoon:

anglerfish posted:

and finally, Meet Lil Sad:

Oh my god you must keep this kitten. :stare: I have three cats and they are by far better than two. She will be gorgeous when she grows up. :3:

Also here is one of my retarded cats, Chaplin (jesus christ he's long).

Click here for the full 1987x1313 image.

Skizzles fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 13, 2011

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

This is Langley, lady of the house.

We got her 5 years ago when I was in HS, she was the runt of the litter belonging to a friend of ours. Her mother was as sweet as could be, but her father is kind of a dick. I don't see her is much since I'm at school, I miss her. :smith:

Here is her sunning.

Napping

Napping some more.

Being Woken up.

Oh, and shes also very talkative. Here's a pic of a conversation we had.

:3:

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 22, 2011

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Here's is Sir Winston (Winnie), we picked him up from the Dumb Friends League one year ago this month, and we figure he's around 8.

Every weekend when I get the paper I read the comics first, and put them on the ground. Instantly he will walk over and sit on it. If he's on cat drugs he will try to fight it, find out what's under it and eat whatever corner pops up when he steps on it.

Today he just decided to sit on Marmaduke.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 14, 2011

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

This big lug is coming to stay with us for six months (along with my stepsister):

His dad was a very promiscuous purebred Maine Coon whose owners refused to get him neutered because he was so fancy and his mom was a random mutted-up barn cat. Unfortunately he inherited a heart murmur from his fancy daddy, but he's relatively healthy.

We're not super confident that he and Charlie will get along, so we've made plans to keep them separated if we need to.

RazorBunny fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 15, 2011

YellowJello
Dec 9, 2008

A few years back the family decided we needed a dog, so we went out and got ourselves a little Shiba Inu. It took us three days to name her, and my mother decided it would be best to name our dog Piper. Yeah, none of us really liked it either, but two years later, the name as well as the dog have grown on us.

Here are a few pictures of her when we first got her:

And here are a few more recent pictures:

Maybe I have a bias here, but she's honestly the smartest dog I've ever come across.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Freya is apparently soothed by the motion of my hand typing.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
RizieN a get together would be awesome because instead of digital art I made a traditional media piece of Cosmo and would prefer to hand-deliver since my scanner is AWOL and my current camera sucks. Plus I would love to help with your D80 and get you takin' even more awesome shots!

Oh, say hi to Duke Aldous Ethridge Huxley IV - my boyfriend named him, so don't be hatin'. I actually just switched this setup to a BIGGER shelf but for years I wanted a shelf in my home to add driftwood to and put my snake on.. and just did it. So pretty to have living decor. Need to add something for water and a spotlight basking bulb for day.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
I am not as good at cutting poor Fig's hair as the groomers are :(

Angela Manaconda
Aug 1, 2010
My border collie mix, Deuce. :3:

And my shadowcat, Monster Alistair Silas.

(Sorry about the mess!)

In his basketbed, at the foot of my bed. This is how he normally sleeps, only he normally closes his eyes.

Attacking snow through the window:

This is the face he usually gives...everyone.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
This is Abby with my wife
10wk old Boston Terrier

HDeckard
Feb 19, 2010

Skizzles posted:

Freya is apparently soothed by the motion of my hand typing.

heyyy you took my cat give it back

He likes to make out with his girlfriend

let me know if the phone number on Caroline's tag isn't obfuscated enough

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes
This is Darcy, a one year old pug. She enjoys running around like crazy and playing with our other dog. She will chase her tail and enjoys playing soccer with a tennis ball.

Click here for the full 1536x1152 image.

"Hello, let me onto your lap so that I may give you kisses!"

This is Jesse, an 8 year old Husky. Here she's just lounging by the pool working on her tan. She just had surgery to remove a gigantic tumor on her side (it's on the side you can't see). She's been absolutely great with the pug; plays with her but doesn't get too rough.

Click here for the full 1383x1037 image.

Here's Dylan just chilling in a box. A cat that loves a box?! Why I never! He was a few weeks old stray that my parents found and brought home 2 years ago. He used to be crazy hyper and loved getting into trouble by jumping on things he shouldn't and playing with random crap my mom had lying around. Now he mainly just lays around unless the pug wants to play with him. I worry about them playing though because of his claws and those big pugs eyes :ohdear:

Here's Dylan and our cat Jazz who passed away in December. Jazz was awesome and had a ton of personality. Unfortunately he developed kidney and heart failure but he lived a good long 18 years.

Click here for the full 912x684 image.

And that's the family!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Not mine, but my cousin got a bengal. His name is Poncho.

While we're at it, here is another cousin's cat: Pumpkin.

Lots of cats in this family :3: (and dogs, too)

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Here is my pooch, Winston. Got him about 2 months ago from my sisters rescue. Guessing that he is 4-5 years old. He is really sweet and never barks.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

HDeckard posted:

heyyy you took my cat give it back

Actually, that picture is rather deceptive, for you see my cat is not a black and white, but actually a tortie! But what's up, white-toed cat buddy. :3:

HDeckard
Feb 19, 2010

Skizzles posted:

Actually, that picture is rather deceptive, for you see my cat is not a black and white, but actually a tortie! But what's up, white-toed cat buddy. :3:

Cats with socks are the best cats

also a video if anyone's interested; my cat vs. slot car track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YsxpZLCLhM

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
My little piss machine:

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.

Rex

Alfie

Charlie

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
No, Thumper, you can't sleep there. No, dammit, I said you can't...

:3: OK, you can sleep there.

Paper Lantern
Nov 7, 2009
This is Angus. He is a 4 month old Miniature Australian Bulldog.

Sparowe
Jun 27, 2010

Like a bird on the wire...
These are my cats, Sydney and Mozza.

My boyfriend and I rescued Mozza when we were on holiday earlier this year. We found him in a parking lot, wandering around aimlessly, mewing his little head off. This is him when we found him:

And this is him now, nearly two months down the line. (It's quite hard to get a decent photo of him as he won't stop moving.)

Sydney came to live with us about 4 years ago when my brother and sister in law moved overseas. He's a grumpy bastard, but I love him dearly. :3:

The two of them get along surprisingly well.

GoddammitKaede
Feb 17, 2011
This is Maximus Prime. He's a Corgi/Pitbull mix.

He always has 'feed me face', and tries to manipulate my father, and the S.O. into giving him table scraps, and bacon treats.

Oh, and he's an awesome lobster.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I don't have any pets, but my mom sent me pictures of the new puppy she brought home today.

The older dog is Keyush, he is two and a half years old. The younger one is Sakari, and she is about 10 or 12 weeks old.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Something is dangerously wrong with Amy's tongue, man.

Jimmy Thief
Nov 5, 2002

by toby
Cross posting from the dorkroom.

Bella

Snow Whiskers by City of Lakes, on Flickr

And Mozart

Mozart's Presidential Portrait by City of Lakes, on Flickr

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
^^ Those are fantastic compositions!

Here is Mr. Knibbs stalking human fingers from within his hunting blind.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Meet Miss Daisy:

She's almost a year old and a giant diva. When she's not making sure my sheets aren't flying away she's honing her :catstare: Usually directed at her step-brother Hoke.

Meet Hoke:

He's 6 months old, a giant chatterbox and cuddlewhore. He usually spends his time meowing for attention and antagonizing Daisy.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
Just got a couple cute pics of my kitties sleeping under their blanket. They're 4 month old sisters, finally getting over their URI

Mia:

Mika:

Zsa Zsa Gabor
Feb 22, 2006

I don't do drugs, if I want a rush I just get out of the chair when I'm not expecting it
Been lurking since I got my two cats, who are now both 1.5 yr old, so it's about time I introduced them to PI.

This one was taken at the exact moment when they first met each other. Migas, the female, fell in love with Janu at first sight. She was really happy that we had brought her a cat friend.

All grown up now.

hyregur
Feb 11, 2011
Candy the Killer, American Bulldog

Rowland's Prophet "Tyson", American Bulldog

They both weigh around 30 kg. They are both adult dogs, but I feel they never stop growing. I guess it's that kind of breed, they get stockier the older they get.

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
https://wi.somethingawful.com/77/77a3a4b0050618e48166f583ce380c159b131a59.jpg
PT "Pantaloons" Poohheart, part Pom, part chihuahua, all yappy rat.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

The Duke, again. He is not easy to photograph, won't stay still.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
This is Shadow, he is my protector or at least thinks he is.

Click here for the full 1152x1728 image.

This is Nibbler, she just showed up one day with no collar or anything and decided to stay. She is chilling in bed all doped up on pain killers after the surgery to put a titanium plate and 9 screws in her leg. She got out front and got nailed by a car, rolled up under it and the person stopped on top of her. Luckily the leg was the worst of it, the rest was just road rash and more than likely a concussion. It has been a little over a year and she is doing fine but every now and then I will see her start to favor it after a lot of running around.

Click here for the full 1728x1152 image.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

Zsa Zsa Gabor posted:

Is your cat Batman Cat?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alr
May 14, 2009

Bungie, photo was taken at a few months old. He's a Japanese Chin.

• Locked thread