Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.
Just so anyone showing up at this thread knows: I've been playing for... a couple of weeks, I guess. And I haven't seen any drama at all. So this kind of stuff seems to be an exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoweredByHate
Oct 1, 2004
Choices always were a problem for you, what you need is someone strong to guide you.
It is which is why I should of never brought it up in the first place.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Regardless you should type something up for Tarutao if you like. I do not even remember most the specifics of the incident.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Also Grake, the infamous Vagpounder was just unbanned so I mean your chances can't be that bad!

This is Charley (Ogre Shaman) if you remember me, think we grouped / raided a few times back in the day.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I just looked over the top 5 lists to see that Naragako was a number 3 shaman. That's cool, I loved that guy.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Shamans are such a fun class. I love my shammy. Its pretty much the best of everything. I can heal decently, do decent dps, give out great buffs, have a pet, and have tons of utility. Plus its really nice being able to be needed in almost every group.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Stealthgerbil posted:

Shamans are such a fun class. I love my shammy. Its pretty much the best of everything. I can heal decently, do decent dps, give out great buffs, have a pet, and have tons of utility. Plus its really nice being able to be needed in almost every group.

Yeah shaman's are pretty good, only downfall is once you start raiding generally only one per raid.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
They are doing a super sekret beta atm, no clue what changes will come!

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
We are upgrading the client to get rid of PL, Nvidea clipping bug and Radeon target ring bug.

Stuff also looks much prettier.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Tash posted:

We are upgrading the client to get rid of PL, Nvidea clipping bug and Radeon target ring bug.

Will it show on the p99 server list and such?

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
You mean the eqemu list? Possibly.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

MrSargent posted:

Also Grake, the infamous Vagpounder was just unbanned so I mean your chances can't be that bad!

This is Charley (Ogre Shaman) if you remember me, think we grouped / raided a few times back in the day.

Awww you got my hopes up for nothing. Fomelo shows "character not found" for Vagpounder.

Bandwidth Wagon
Nov 14, 2002

The E-Wagon of the I-Future

Tash posted:

You guys are finally upgrading the client? I was under the impression that this wasn't going to happen because it would necessitate a massive recoding and testing process.

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Indeed! Mobs don't face the right way now, but no more clipping bug is pretty much the bee's knees.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Yeah the beta stuff is still fairly rough, but yeah thats the point of beta is to smooth everything out and catch all the nasty bugs, I even found one and fixed it myself!

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Beta is coming along pretty nicely but still a ways off. No reason not to enjoy the game as it is now! The beta will pretty much all be bug fixes.

Christian Ethic
Nov 21, 2004

Jotto posted:

Yeah the beta stuff is still fairly rough, but yeah thats the point of beta is to smooth everything out and catch all the nasty bugs, I even found one and fixed it myself!

Hey butthole! how come you stole the eve-online goonsquad's fatbee logo to use on your banner advert? That shits trademarked like you wouldn't believe- Fatbee merch proceeds fund the evegoon's forums. I know it sounds like some homo eve nerd sperg but us eve dudes take this poo poo pretty seriously.

Consider yourself called out.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
^^ - Resolved

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
You are a bad person Jotto.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Christian Ethic posted:

I know it sounds like some homo eve nerd sperg but us eve dudes take this poo poo pretty seriously.

Oh shitttttttt

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Blame Woldaff.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Blame me I did not do anything it even had Jottos referral thing on it!

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Oh wait he's serious?

Is he serious? He's not serious is he?

Christian Ethic
Nov 21, 2004
Thankyou for your understanding and willingness to listen to our concerns.

Goonswarm, Goonwaffe and it's affiliated partners want to wish you good luck and a speedy development of your elf and wizard roleplaying game.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
And we at Shards of Dalaya wish you good luck with your space ship capitalism simulator.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Christian Ethic posted:

Thankyou for your understanding and willingness to listen to our concerns.

Goonswarm, Goonwaffe and it's affiliated partners want to wish you good luck and a speedy development of your elf and wizard roleplaying game.

It's a loving video game.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

As a player of both EVE and SoD I would like to say that both are wonderful games and deserve to be played!!

But fatbee is for the eve sperglords!

Athrok_01
Sep 19, 2002

"No one understands my angst." - Emo Elmo
I laughed.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

So, I'm in as a 19/19 Bard/Shaman. The names are Billup and Teldu respectively.

It's tough to find groups, so if you're in this range, add me so we can team up like true goons.

smuggler fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 22, 2011

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Joining the Goon Squad guild might help you out! Quite a few new players are migrating there after DB.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
What's this SoD 3.0 all about?

edit: Nevermind, I'm a little slow.

the last signal... fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 1, 2011

Athrok_01
Sep 19, 2002

"No one understands my angst." - Emo Elmo
If you're on the server look the goon squad up. Funny peoples there.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
Going to start playing this. I played EQ a good bit when I was younger but never got really far in the game because I didn't know what I was doing. Now I need to get my hands on an acceptable copy of the game that is compatible with the client!

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

TJChap2840 posted:

Going to start playing this. I played EQ a good bit when I was younger but never got really far in the game because I didn't know what I was doing. Now I need to get my hands on an acceptable copy of the game that is compatible with the client!

You may or may not be able to obtain EverQuest Titanium from "friends" who would "share" it with you. I asked my friend "Isohunt" or "Piratebay" for mine a long time ago.

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Of course it's worth mentioning that SOE offers the EQ titanium pack for free or something, now, I'm pretty sure. This, of course, is hearsay and I have no idea where to look for it on their awful website, so your results may vary.

wtsnaename fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 5, 2011

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
Well, I have my hands on a copy and now I am playing. Just taking a while to get used to the UI again.

In as Galilei (Warrior) and Traylynn (Cleric)

TJChap2840 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 5, 2011

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I finally hit 65 on Bloog!!

So excited now I can finally go raid with my beloved shaman :3

TJChap2840 posted:

Well, I have my hands on a copy and now I am playing. Just taking a while to get used to the UI again.

In as Galilei (Warrior) and Traylynn (Cleric)

Also hit me up and I'll get you some mithiril weapons for your warrior if no one else has :)

Stealthgerbil fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Mar 6, 2011

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I'm running around dual boxing a bard (15) and a cleric (13). I seem to spend about half my time trying to log both in at the same time because I disconnect about every other time I log one or the other in.

I spend another 1/4 of the time wandering around lost and/or working off experience debt because I'm an impatient moron that goes afk at zone entrances.

The last 1/4 of my time I spend enjoying myself running around killing things and doing quests.

Still having lots of fun even though I'm terrible. Playing EQ again makes me realize just how careless more modern games have allowed me to become, and now EQ is punishing me for it.

cerebral fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 7, 2011

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

cerebral posted:

I'm running around dual boxing a bard (15) and a cleric (13). I seem to spend about half my time trying to log both in at the same time because I disconnect about every other time I log one or the other in.
Is your bard and cleric on the same account? If so, that's your problem.

Secondly, all you new guys need to send a message to someone in Goon Squad (/who all goon), and get an invite. We like new people and can help kick-start your gear and leveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

cerebral posted:

I seem to spend about half my time trying to log both in at the same time because I disconnect about every other time I log one or the other in.

Are you logging in the same account by accident? That's the only time you will get a disconnect on the currently logged in character.

cerebral posted:

I spend another 1/4 of the time wandering around lost and/or working off experience debt because I'm an impatient moron that goes afk at zone entrances.

Does your bard have invisibility song yet? AFK with that on as soon as you get it!

cerebral posted:

The last 1/4 of my time I spend enjoying myself running around killing things and doing quests.

Still having lots of fun even though I'm terrible.

Do this more quarters of the time! :)

• Locked thread