Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Puce Moose's Tales From the Burning Sand - The Botanist is up.

I don't know if I can handle it, I'll need flipping heart meds if he keeps it up.

Edit: I redact that, it's fantastic with no kicking of the plums. Go out there and get this mod.

Smuggins fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

1 GB uncompressed? Man, that's a lot of guns! I'll be keeping my eye open so I can throw a link to the server up on the OP once everything's been set up.

With the right mods and lighting conditions, this game really can look pretty. Nevada Skies - URWLified is fantastic.

What settings are you using to make your days that bright? I like it.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

1 GB uncompressed? Man, that's a lot of guns! I'll be keeping my eye open so I can throw a link to the server up on the OP once everything's been set up.

With the right mods and lighting conditions, this game really can look pretty. Nevada Skies - URWLified is fantastic.

How are your days looking that bright? i have Fellout and all that stuff but it's not that pronounced

Edit: beaten

Atlas Telamon
Feb 20, 2009
It looks like URWL to me.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.
Also Imaginator has lots of great settings for affecting overall brightness, saturation, contrast etc, and also the ability to affect the amount of light coming from sources, like Electro City lamps and the sun.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

Naky posted:

Well, it's finally done. File is 320MB, but uncompresses to just under 1GB.

Torrent:

Download torrent81 (1 file; 313.27 MB)
View torrent stats

Guys, seriously use the torrent. I'm currently getting 450~ kB/s right now, and we really shouldn't rape Gyshall's space. Naky, I can put this up on mediafire, do you want me to? (Not implying you haven't thought of it, just a suggestion.)

EDIT: And it's done! I will seed this until Ragnarok.

Convicted Lovebot fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 16, 2011

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Im actually specifically asking what settings are being used in Imaginator, since he already said he's using nevada skies URWLified.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I think there's an Emitter option that has URWL, or the URWL guy's name, in the name.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/images/40101-1-1297895011.jpg

Sarah Connor looks kind of different.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Convicted Lovebot posted:

Guys, seriously use the torrent. I'm currently getting 450~ kB/s right now, and we really shouldn't rape Gyshall's space. Naky, I can put this up on mediafire, do you want me to? (Not implying you haven't thought of it, just a suggestion.)

EDIT: And it's done! I will seed this until Ragnarok.

Sure, throw it up. I didn't want to get a premium account.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.
Does anybody else wish that there was a mod to help the animals on Matthew's Animal Husbandry Farm? :smith:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

boner meter posted:

Does anybody else wish that there was a mod to help the animals on Matthew's Animal Husbandry Farm? :smith:

Yes :(

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

Naky posted:

Sure, throw it up. I didn't want to get a premium account.

I've started uploading now, but I couldn't get it under 207 MB. :saddowns:

I'm going to try repacking it with PPMD instead of LZMA, but I doubt that will work.

As it stands now, there is a main file of 200 MB and a secondary file of 7 MB.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

One Sick Puppy posted:

How are your days looking that bright? i have Fellout and all that stuff but it's not that pronounced

Edit: beaten

SheepNameKiller posted:

What settings are you using to make your days that bright? I like it.

Get this: Nevada Skies - URWLified 2.3 and Electro-city 9B. That's it. :c00lbert:

I haven't even tinkered around with any other settings. I just really enjoy how well those two mods work together, although sometimes I think that the brightness and clarity of midday only goes to highlight the jitterbug textures on distant landscapes, which can be really ugly / annoying.

Carecat posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/images/40101-1-1297895011.jpg

Sarah Connor looks kind of different.

Must be Sarah Connor from one of those separate whore-universe / timelines. Like in Terminator 3.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 17, 2011

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Does anybody else wish there was a mod that adds the M202 FLASH quad-barreled rocket launcher? :shobon:

Hell, if you guys could tell me if it'd be easy enough to make and implement, I might just take a crack at it myself. I've pretty much 0 modding experience though, and my modeling knowledge is limited to scaling, extruding and subdividing surfaces, plus turning on subsurf in Blender.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

jitterbug textures on distant landscapes, which can be really ugly / annoying.

Depth of Field mods can get rid of that or make it not as ugly looking.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

YourAverageJoe posted:

Does anybody else wish there was a mod that adds the M202 FLASH quad-barreled rocket launcher? :shobon:

Hell, if you guys could tell me if it'd be easy enough to make and implement, I might just take a crack at it myself. I've pretty much 0 modding experience though, and my modeling knowledge is limited to scaling, extruding and subdividing surfaces, plus turning on subsurf in Blender.

It's possible, however you'll run into two problems down the road - first, you can only add one projectilenode to the mesh, meaning you'll always see a missile shoot out of one tube or the center of it if that's where you decide to put it. Second, there won't be a proper reloading animation for it so it'll look a little weird. You could, however, compromise and simply choose the most appropriate one. This is something I've had to do and I hate doing it. A few of the energy guns, the P90c, and any bullpup gun come to mind in particular.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

That's kind of a bummer. Is it really hard, or just impossible to make a custom reload animation? Replacing that huge-rear end clip would be an awesome downside to firing four rockets and I think not having it could break it as a weapon.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
From what I hear, it's difficult and time consuming but not impossible. The key is finding an unused or mostly unused reload animation and replacing it. The WAR guy's replacing ReloadS on the 2handauto with his new bullpup animation but that has a broader range of guns to cater to. Not knowing how many unused or rarely used animations there are, I couldn't tell you if it'd be worth the time and trouble. Doesn't stop someone from trying though!

Brigg
Dec 27, 2006
Master of all things orange.

YourAverageJoe posted:

I have a (somewhat high poly) model of one of those made already if someone wants to give it a try.

Click here for the full 1088x1182 image.

Brigg fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 17, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brigg posted:

I have a model of one of those made already if someone wants to give it a try.

Click here for the full 1088x1182 image.

I can get it in game easy enough, but like I said it'll have issues. Sorry I missed you on IRC BTW, I'm there now.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

drat, getting 1 MB down on the torrent.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011
http://www.mediafire.com/?0kdkgfhkki4zr

Mediafire up, remember to download both parts!

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just a few things I noticed while taking a quick mess about with the first release of your mod Naky.

The claws seems to have mesh issues as you can see. Not pictured is attempting to equip them, where they don't appear at all. The other melee weapons work fine, so it just seems to be this one weapon that has a problem (Unfortunately. I was looking forward to testing the claws out)

There seems to be somthing clipping through the scope here on the Colt AR-15 Beowulf. I'm not too knowledgable on meshes, so I don't know what it could be here.

Those are the only real bugs I've seen so far in any case. Other than that, I can say that the crossbow is extremely satisfying, and I need to use it as much as possible from now on.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arc Impulse posted:

Just a few things I noticed while taking a quick mess about with the first release of your mod Naky.

The claws seems to have mesh issues as you can see. Not pictured is attempting to equip them, where they don't appear at all. The other melee weapons work fine, so it just seems to be this one weapon that has a problem (Unfortunately. I was looking forward to testing the claws out)

There seems to be somthing clipping through the scope here on the Colt AR-15 Beowulf. I'm not too knowledgable on meshes, so I don't know what it could be here.

Those are the only real bugs I've seen so far in any case. Other than that, I can say that the crossbow is extremely satisfying, and I need to use it as much as possible from now on.

Haha. Well, that's what I get for releasing a pack with the ONE weapon I didn't bother to have tested, eh? Thanks, I'll look into it.

As for the clipping, if you're talking about the two colored wires, they're supposed to be there.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Arc Impulse posted:

Yup, that's the fiber optic that feeds light to the sight's crosshair so it's easy to see even in low light-levels.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I've fixed the claws and a few other reported issues, but I'll wait another day or so before releasing the first fixpack for more issues to be reported.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
Thanks Naky the weapons pack is awesome.

How are people taking the screenshots in the cinematic type view?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
How do fix it so I can wear my eyeglasses with my centurian helmet? It's annoying cause the helmet doesn't have anything that would stop you wearing glasses with it. It must be flagged as having a facemask or something.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

EvilMuppet posted:

Hit ~ and type tm to toggle the UI on and off.

tfc: turns on the free fly camera for you to position it wherever you want.

tfc 1: freeze the scene however it was when you entered the console and go to the free fly camera.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

EvilMuppet posted:

through the console. press <`> and then type http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gamebryo_console_commands

Ed. beat. Also, holding sprint makes the camera move around faster.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
Thanks guys.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Disco De Soto posted:

How do fix it so I can wear my eyeglasses with my centurian helmet? It's annoying cause the helmet doesn't have anything that would stop you wearing glasses with it. It must be flagged as having a facemask or something.

Find the helmet in the GECK and edit it. Click the Mask slot in the Biped Object thing, towards the bottom, to remove the blue selection bar from it. Save and activate mod.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Fixpack 1 Changelog
-------------------

- AK-74 ejecting ! [FIXED - INCORRECTLY SET TO A CALIBERX MESH INSTEAD OF STOCK]
- AR-15 Magpul having an IS/zooming issue [FIXED - INCORRECTLY DISABLED 1ST PERSON ANIMATIONS]
- Beretta M92 muzzleflashes on regular and extended incorrect [FIXED - FORGOT TO PACKAGE UPDATED MESHES]
- Striker 12 not animating in third person [FIXED - INCORRECT ANIMATION SELECTED THANKS TIW!]
- Claws not imported correctly [FIXED - ME R DUM DUM]
- 1911 muzzleflashes incorrect on some meshes [FIXED - FORGOT TO PACKAGE UPDATED MESHES]
- REMOVED: Binoculars, O2, and Stealth Indicator meshes that were not supposed to be packaged. Sorry if I over-wrote anything that was modded!

These are the current reported and fixed issues, so if I don't get any more by the time I get home I'll release the pretty tiny update for it then.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Time for more disturbing underage bouncing cleavage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZ5AZtbi9o

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Also there's an approved port of Energy Visuals Enhanced, the original creator is working on a new version but it's not done yet. I don't know how good the port is.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5GSVXVZY

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Tsk tsk, Malcom. Not only do you interrupt my testing, but you dare to respond to the punch I threw not in kind like a real man but instead choose to steal a Dragunov from my cabinet? You deserved to get beat to death. Now my cabinets are all bloody :smith:

Click here for the full 1600x900 image.

edit:

Naky posted:

These are the current reported and fixed issues, so if I don't get any more by the time I get home I'll release the pretty tiny update for it then.

I've got more than those on my paper in front of me but I passed out last night before e-mailing it to you. I'll have it to you before you get off of work.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Carecat posted:

Well at least I can call him a pedophile without the worry of getting banned, thanks youtubes!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Carecat posted:

Cool, I never thought a fallout mod would put me on an FBI watchlist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
Had a go with the weapons pack, its great, thanks Naky and Amstrad!