Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Scaramouche posted:

code:
SELECT A, B, C, MAX(T)
 FROM T1 JOIN T2 ON T1.A = T2.A
GROUP BY A,B,C
Maybe? I get the impression I'm missing something.

I can do this, but it doesn't recover the X, Y, and Z tied to the row with the max T value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Maybe this? You can ORDER BY something else (like A, B or C) first and it should still work.
code:
SELECT A, B, C, T, X, Y, Z
GROUP BY A,B,C ORDER BY T DESC
e: added X, Y and Z

butt dickus fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 10, 2011

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Maybe this? You can ORDER BY something else (like A, B or C) first and it should still work.
code:
SELECT A, B, C, T
GROUP BY A,B,C ORDER BY T DESC

That also doesn't pull X, Y, and Z, and that also doesn't filter, does it?

Before I was getting:
A1 B1 C1 (T1) X Y Z
A1 B1 C1 (T2) X Y Z
A2 B2 C2 (T3) X Y Z

T is in parens because I'm not selecting it in the production query, though that's not a big deal.

Instead, I want to get:
A1 B1 C1 (T1) X Y Z
A2 B2 C2 (T3) X Y Z

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
What would the SQL equivalent to this C# statement be?

code:
x != null ? x < DateTime.Now() : true
I need to construct a WHERE clause that checks that x < NOW() only if x IS NOT NULL. x is a datetime that needs to be null sometimes, and not null other times, and I only want the WHERE clause to consider non-null values, and consider null values to be true.

Right now the clause is:

code:
dbo.assignments.[end] < { fn NOW() }
Which works for the non-NULL cases, but NULL values always seem to make the expression evaluate to false. I tried:

code:
dbo.assignments.[end] IS NOT NULL AND dbo.assignments.[end] < { fn NOW() }
And that seems to have no effect.

EDIT: Never mind, it was a problem with my data.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 10, 2011

Goat Bastard
Oct 20, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

That also doesn't pull X, Y, and Z, and that also doesn't filter, does it?

Before I was getting:
A1 B1 C1 (T1) X Y Z
A1 B1 C1 (T2) X Y Z
A2 B2 C2 (T3) X Y Z

T is in parens because I'm not selecting it in the production query, though that's not a big deal.

Instead, I want to get:
A1 B1 C1 (T1) X Y Z
A2 B2 C2 (T3) X Y Z

code:
SELECT a, b, c, t, x, y, z
FROM   t1
WHERE  (a, b, c, t) IN (SELECT a, b, c, max(t) FROM t1 GROUP BY a, b, c)
I think this is what you want, if and only if a, b, c and t are the ONLY fields in your composite primary key. If there's others then you could still get duplucate rows where more than one row has the same a, b and c entered with the exact same timestamp.

You'll have to put your join in there still, but I'm pretty sure this will filter t1 the way you want.

Goat Bastard
Oct 20, 2004

Derpes Simplex posted:

EDIT: Never mind, it was a problem with my data.

I think you also have your null check inverted don't you? Checking for x IS NOT NULL AND [some condition] will give you the equivalent of "x != null ? [some condition] : false"

I think you want
code:
dbo.assignments.[end] IS NULL OR dbo.assignments.[end] < { fn NOW() }

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

kimbo305 posted:

[Primary Key Problems]
The solution to this sort of problem is always analytic functions, assuming your DBMS supports them, which Vertica appears to.
code:
SELECT T1.A, T1.B, T1.C, <columns from T1>, <columns from T2>
FROM
(SELECT A, B, C, <columns from T1>, row_number() over (partition by A, B, C order by T desc) key_rank
 FROM T1
) AS T1
JOIN T2 ON T1.A = T2.A
WHERE T1.key_rank = 1;
So, this ranks each combination of A,B,C from newest T to oldest, then picks out just the newest rows and joins to table T2

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick
I have a mostly pointless blog, that receives a lot of comment spam for some reason. Looking at the comment moderation list, most of the 'authors' names have 3 digits in them, e.g. Cassie001, piuyo433, gooloo461, etc.
Is there a way to select all records containing at least 3 digits in the 'name' column using mysql?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

beuges posted:

Is there a way to select all records containing at least 3 digits in the 'name' column using mysql?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/regexp.html looks like it has what you want. Something like REGEXP '[[:digit:]]{3}' or variant thereof might work, although you probably can and should fine-tune it depending on the spam names.

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick

RoadCrewWorker posted:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/regexp.html looks like it has what you want. Something like REGEXP '[[:digit:]]{3}' or variant thereof might work, although you probably can and should fine-tune it depending on the spam names.

Awesome... thanks!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I don't know about MySQL, but on SQL Server you can even just do this with LIKE:

WHERE field LIKE '%[0-9][0-9][0-9]%'

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Goat Bastard posted:

code:
SELECT a, b, c, t, x, y, z
FROM   t1
WHERE  (a, b, c, t) IN (SELECT a, b, c, max(t) FROM t1 GROUP BY a, b, c)
I think this is what you want, if and only if a, b, c and t are the ONLY fields in your composite primary key.

Jethro posted:

The solution to this sort of problem is always analytic functions, assuming your DBMS supports them, which Vertica appears to.
code:
SELECT T1.A, T1.B, T1.C, <columns from T1>, <columns from T2>
FROM
(SELECT A, B, C, <columns from T1>, row_number() over (partition by A, B, C order by T desc) key_rank
 FROM T1
) AS T1
JOIN T2 ON T1.A = T2.A
WHERE T1.key_rank = 1;
So, this ranks each combination of A,B,C from newest T to oldest, then picks out just the newest rows and joins to table T2

Thanks, guys, these both work (along with the bodge I did at the end of last page). I need to find some quiet time to benchmark to see which one is faster. I imagine the general analytics solution compiles into a plan that's similar to the max() version?

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
Here's a stupid question. We're looking at migrating from MS Access 2003 to SQL Server 2008 (thank christ), and one of the things I think we'll be losing is the "Switchboard" functionality Access provides to quickly make changes to specific tables. We are using it to configure the app for the client's setup, something that would normally go in a .properties or .xml file except it's something we don't want end users to have (easy) access to.

I didn't see anything on the first two pages of a number of searches. Does this concept not exist in SQL Server? (I wouldn't expect it to, but who knows.) Meaning I'd have to build a small app to make those quick changes in the same way?

---

Here's another stupid question. For some reason, the way the database is laid out in Access is there are several mdb files (about 10), each of which containing one or more tables. Don't ask why. Importing individual mdb files into SQL Server is a breeze, but I'm looking to automate the process (install SQL Server, create a database, point to the old directory containing a bunch of mdb files and Go). I'm still new to SQL Server (my experience is mostly postgres and mysql), is there a way to batch-import a number of mdb files? Or I should again be writing a small import app?

---

Any general advice on Access 2003 -> SQL Server 2008? It's for a desktop app written in C++, I'm starting to look into what drivers/libraries/code will need to change in the program. Anything I should definitely be avoiding, or not avoiding?

epswing fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 14, 2011

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
:toot:
Why not just move the tables from Access to SQL Server and use the 'linked tables' functionality? That way, you keep everything in Access that the end user is used to seeing, and won't lose your switchboard app, but your data still lives in SQL Server.

For the many-to-one import, you're best off doing them each individually. Yes, SQL Server has a way to do it, but it's through SQL Server Integration Services, and isn't very friendly to even SQL Server DBAs. As someone new to the world of MSSQL, it might cause you to jump off a bridge, or at least never want to use SQL Server again.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

slartibartfast posted:

Why not just move the tables from Access to SQL Server and use the 'linked tables' functionality? That way, you keep everything in Access that the end user is used to seeing, and won't lose your switchboard app, but your data still lives in SQL Server.

Interesting. I'll have to look into this. If there's a change to the schema, would I make the change in Access, or SQL Server? Am I wrong in thinking it would be nice (sane) to obliterate all ties to Access and just deal with one database? What's the motivation for the hybrid (other than the switchboard)?

slartibartfast posted:

For the many-to-one import, you're best off doing them each individually. Yes, SQL Server has a way to do it, but it's through SQL Server Integration Services, and isn't very friendly to even SQL Server DBAs. As someone new to the world of MSSQL, it might cause you to jump off a bridge, or at least never want to use SQL Server again.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the database/app is in production for hundreds of clients, and we have a small service department. Upgrading a client needs to be quick and painless, so importing 10+ mdb files one by one, for each client, isn't really feasible.

The migration app I envision is really just "create database in sql server, create all necessary tables in that database, then for each mdb file, for each table, select * and insert into identically named empty table in sql server." There are no foreign keys in any of the access databases (:aaa:) so there won't be any referential integrity problems. I was hoping there was some batch-import-wizard-like functionality I wasn't seeing in SMSS.

epswing fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 14, 2011

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

epswing posted:

The migration app I envision is really just "create database in sql server, create all necessary tables in that database, then for each mdb file, for each table, select * and insert into identically named empty table in sql server." There are no foreign keys in any of the access databases (:aaa:) so there won't be any referential integrity problems. I was hoping there was some batch-import-wizard-like functionality I wasn't seeing in SMSS.
If I read you correctly, you're using the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard. In one of the last pages, there's an option to "save SSIS Package", though you have to make sure you didn't select "Optimize for many tables" for it to work. The SSIS package that is created should be distributable, though things like server names might need to be changed.

I agree with slartibartfast that SSIS can be unfriendly until you know how to use it, but just making packages based off of the wizard is usually pretty safe.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Melraidin posted:

Salt and hash the passwords. This will prevent people with access to the DB from being able to determine the original password in any reasonable time. If you only hash the passwords then rainbow tables could be used to find values that would hash to the same password.

I use something along these lines:

code:
dbPassword = CONCAT(
    LEFT( dbPassword, {SaltLength} ),
    MD5( CONCAT( LEFT( dbPassword, {SaltLength} ), '{userPassword}' ) )
)
Where dbPassword is the field in the DB containing the salted and hashed PW, SaltLength is the length of the salt in characters, and userPassword is the PW the user has entered you're testing against.

Don't do this. It was the common wisdom for some time, but has since been shown to be a bad idea. See this link for the details, but the short version is that common hashing functions like MD5 and SHA1 were designed for speed. This is good when using them to verify a lot of data, but bad when using them for passwords. Salts can help dodge rainbow tables when done right, but using GPU acceleration a modern computer can brute-force even salted passwords fairly rapidly. See here for a real world example.

Basically use a hashing algorithm intended for passwords, not speed. Speedy hashes are bad for security.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Softball question for you SQL experts.

I've got two tables and I want to query the database and get information from both of them joined into a single result. The first table is tile locations with x, y and a bunch of other data. The second table is units which occupy an individual tile location. A tile can be unused of course and when that's the case I want the result to say NULL or 0, or something I can use to tell there's no unit in that location.

code:
(all of this greatly simplified)

location table

| Id | PosX | PosY |
|  1 |   -1 |   -1 |
|  2 |   0  |   0  |
|  3 |   1  |   0  |
... etc.

unit table

| Id | LocId | 
|  1 |   2   |

the result I want

| Id | PosX | PosY | UnitId |
|  1 |   -1 |   -1 |  NULL  |
|  2 |   0  |   0  |   1    |
|  3 |   1  |   0  |  NULL  |
I was thinking I'd need to do something like WHERE units.LocId = tiles.Id but I'm not sure where to go from there.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
select L.id, L.PosX, L.PosY, U.Id as UnitId from location L left join unit U on L.Id = U.LocId

G-Dub
Dec 28, 2004

The Gonz
I wonder if someone could give me some pointers regarding a table structure for a hierarchical team setup. I am developing a workforce management system for about 2000 employees (using Access). I have the employee side of things set up fine - one employee record to many employee detail records, where employee detail is things like hours, shift pattern, basically anything that changes over time so we can have a historical picture of their employment. Currently these detail records also store the team the employee is in as we want to know that historically too.

Where I am struggling is the team structure and the best way to store and manage it. There are about three levels of management and at each level we need to be able to pull results for everything under each span of command. Level one is fine, as there is only one team underneath each low-level manager. At level two, each manager manages around 10 lower-level managers so we need to be able to query information about those 10 lower-level managers and also the members of staff they manage. So on and so forth.

I'm not sure if I am Googling poo poo terms or what, but I cannot find practicle examples of how best to do this. Has anyone done anything similar and would you care to share how you tackled this?

Thanks.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

G-Dub posted:

Where I am struggling is the team structure and the best way to store and manage it. There are about three levels of management and at each level we need to be able to pull results for everything under each span of command. Level one is fine, as there is only one team underneath each low-level manager. At level two, each manager manages around 10 lower-level managers so we need to be able to query information about those 10 lower-level managers and also the members of staff they manage. So on and so forth.

Multiple tables with foreign keys

table level1
id
manager

table level2
id
manager
level1id

table level3
id
manager
level2id

etc...

Something like that?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Multiple tables with foreign keys

table level1
id
manager

table level2
id
manager
level1id

table level3
id
manager
level2id

etc...

Something like that?

Is that really a good idea? What happens if the company gets larger and they start to have a fourth tier of management.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Someone somewhere recently brought up a technique to represent a parent/child/tree relationship in a relational database without happy things like WITH RECURSIVE. If you have that in your database engine of choice, use it, it's a no-brainer.

I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't bookmark the article I'm thinking about. Going to have to go diving...

var1ety
Jul 26, 2004

McGlockenshire posted:

Someone somewhere recently brought up a technique to represent a parent/child/tree relationship in a relational database without happy things like WITH RECURSIVE. If you have that in your database engine of choice, use it, it's a no-brainer.

I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't bookmark the article I'm thinking about. Going to have to go diving...

You might be thinking of the Nested Set Model. MySQL has a page on it (that isn't loading right now), but it looks like the Wikipedia page has enough to explain it. The technique relies on ordering your data in the table in a certain way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nested_set_model

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Yeah, that looks similar to if not identical to what I was thinking of. Bookmarking it this time around, thanks!

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.

epswing posted:

select L.id, L.PosX, L.PosY, U.Id as UnitId from location L left join unit U on L.Id = U.LocId

This worked great. Thanks!

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

McGlockenshire posted:

Yeah, that looks similar to if not identical to what I was thinking of. Bookmarking it this time around, thanks!

Check out this guy for folks using SQL Server 2008: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms186243.aspx

Edit: It has the example of a multi-level organization hierarchy with managers and stuff :)

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004
I've got a lengthy query that I run that gives me rows that look like this:

code:
3422         3424         3424         3425         3424         3421         3423         3424         3424         3425
2524         2527         2525         2524         2527         2523         2525         2524         2524         2524
2525         0            0            0            0            0            0            0            0            0
2523         2525         2524         2523         2525         2524         2523         2525         2524         2523
There are 10 columns, and they all mean the same thing essentially. What I want to do is take every one of those integers from the table (any row, any column) and insert it into a table that just has a single integer column.

Is there any way to do this without putting the results into a table variable, then insert all of the values in Column1, insert all the values in Column2, etc.?

Edit: I found the magic of CROSS APPLY and was able to get it into a row for each integer at a much earlier point. Thanks!

POKEMAN SAM fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 17, 2011

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004
Another question. I've got a table that has many rows per UserId, and I want to grab just one of them, since the field I want is actually data duplicated on all of the rows. The only thing I could think of was doing:

SELECT UserId, MIN(FieldIWant) FROM Table GROUP BY UserId

but this is slow because it has to look at all of the rows and compare the FieldIWant value. I just want one of them, and I don't care which one!

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Ugg boots posted:

Another question. I've got a table that has many rows per UserId, and I want to grab just one of them, since the field I want is actually data duplicated on all of the rows. The only thing I could think of was doing:

SELECT UserId, MIN(FieldIWant) FROM Table GROUP BY UserId

but this is slow because it has to look at all of the rows and compare the FieldIWant value. I just want one of them, and I don't care which one!

You could just take out the MIN and it will still give you just one row per UserId.
This might be faster:
SELECT DISTINCT UserId, FieldIWant FROM Table

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

You could just take out the MIN and it will still give you just one row per UserId.
This might be faster:
SELECT DISTINCT UserId, FieldIWant FROM Table

This totally helped, thanks!

Fleur Bleu
Nov 26, 2006

by Ralp
I've got an ODBC-compliant database on some server, the contents of which I'd like to copy to a mysql DB on another server. Can I just start up mysql, connect to the first server using the DNS and select all to get all the data?

The mysql documentation was more concerned with connecting from access to mysql and they suggested all sorts of tools to migrate a DB to mysql, but they had no suggestions for keeping two separate DBs.

Magicmat
Aug 14, 2000

I've got the worst fucking attorneys
It's been a while since I've done database work, so I have a pretty basic question. I have a SQLite3 database with a table Foo that has many Bar. I want, in return, to create an array of structures based on Foo that contains a sub-array of all of its Bars.

What's the most efficient way to do this? I know this is a n+1 problem, but what's the best way around it? Google just gives me answers based on various ORMs, which I am not using.

My current idea is to make the Foo array a hash instead, using the Foo database key as the hash key. Then do a "SELECT * FROM Foo INNER JOIN Bar ON Foo.key = Bar.fookey". Then, as I iterate over the results, do a hash lookup of the Foo.key, and add the current row's results to that Foo struct's Bar array. If no results are found in the hash, create a new Foo struct and insert it into the hash. However, I'm wondering if doing n hash lookups is that much cheaper than doing n database SELECTs.

My other idea would by to add an "ORDER BY Foo.key" and then just iterate over the results while keeping an index into my array. If array[index].fookey = result.fookey, then add the current result to the current Foo struct's Bar array. If not, create a new Foo struct, add it to the end of the array, insert the current result into that Bar array, then advance the index to point to this new Foo struct. Faster, but at the expense of readability.

However, I know this is a common problem, but my Google-fu is weak. What is the best practice for solving it?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Here's one that seems simple on the surface but is breaking my brain:

Given a table full of records with DATETIME columns for start time and end time, I'm trying to produce an output table with the number of active records in given intervals, including those which both started and ended within the interval.

Right now for any arbitrary interval the following query seems to work:
code:
SELECT `account`, COUNT(*) AS `Active` FROM sessions WHERE `startTime` <= '2011-01-19 13:01' AND `releaseTime` >= '2011-01-19 13:01' GROUP BY `account`
What I'm aiming for is something which would basically loop the above query within MySQL and return either one row per minute per account with a column for count (as I currently get with any given minute using the above), one row per account with a count column per minute (preferred), or one row per minute with a count column per account (easy enough to rotate the table in software after)

edit: welp, got the first option working, no idea how bad this is though

code:
SELECT minutes.minute, sessions.account, COUNT(*) AS 'Active'
FROM minutes
LEFT JOIN sessions
ON TIME(sessions.startTime) <= minutes.minute AND TIME(sessions.releaseTime) >= minutes.minute
WHERE DATE(sessions.startTime) <= '2011-01-19' AND DATE(sessions.releaseTime) >= '2011-01-19' AND sessions.typeOfNetwork = 'public'
GROUP BY sessions.account, minutes.minute
I had to build a table with one column of TIME entries, one per minute, to get it working.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 21, 2011

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Disclosure: Not an SQL expert. Also apologize for the formatting looking like poo poo.

Proc SQL in SAS, sorted by Rec.

So, a large table with data similar to below. My challenge is summing up the Amt column for particular ranges of records, according to the following rules:

1. Sum records along the range where encountering the first 22 Code and stopping at the subsequent 12 Code. (so in the table below, the first 5 records would have the amount summed).

2. Sum records starting at the next encounter with a 22 code until encountering another 12 Code, or reaching the end of the group defined by Rec. (so in the table below, it would be the summation of records 8 through 14)

3. Any records that do not fall between a 22 code and a 12 code, such as record 6, should not be summed.

Rec Code Amt
|a | 22| 120
|a | 22| 90
|a | --| 80
|a | --| --
|a | 12| 500
|a | --| 300
|a | --| --
|a | 22| 300
|a | 22| 60
|a | --| 15
|b | 22| 600
|b | 22| 80
|b | --| --
|b | 12| 20
|c | 22| 400
|c | 12| 30
|c | --| --
|c | --| 400
|c | --| --
|c | 22| 90
|c | --| --
|c | 12| --
etc..

Rip Testes fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 21, 2011

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
What defines what order the rows are in? Physical storage order, or is there a primary key not shown? What dialect of SQL are you using?

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Hammerite posted:

What defines what order the rows are in? Physical storage order, or is there a primary key not shown? What dialect of SQL are you using?

If you're reference the post just above, SAS's implementation of SQL, whatever that is analogous to. That's the set as it now stands and I presume I'd have to break it into multiple tables and create additional variables.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think you're going to need a variable that you update as it reads each row. Can you just read in the data via SQL and then do it in SAS? SAS is like a million times more flexible.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

At work, we run SQL Server 2008 R2 and have a schedule of weekly full backups and daily transaction log backups. On a normal day, our transaction log backup is 300 to 700 MB, but this morning's was 2.7 GB. As far as we know, there wasn't anything special done to the database yesterday. Is there anything I can do to investigate the transaction log backup or anything else to see what might have caused that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurbs
Aug 31, 2001

Three fries short of a happy meal...Whacko!
I need help understanding a particularly long running query

I'm importing data from another database into a table

code:
ID | EmployeeNumber | Field_Name | Value
Yeah..someone loved their entity attribute value stuff.

I have a View on this table like so

code:
SELECT EmployeeNumber, Value FROM StupidTable WHERE Field_Name='SomeValue'
StupidTable has about 186,000 records in it and this query returns 1800. There are no indexes on this view because the data is not distinct or otherwise constrained.

Whenever I try a LEFT JOIN on this view on EmployeeNumber the query time is ridiculous. If I limit the results to the top 1000 I'm waiting for nearly a minute. What I don't get is why, and I have no idea how to improve the performance - it seems as simple as can be. I should add that there are a LOT of null values here

Nurbs fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 23, 2011