Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
The Mark and Lard gimmick was always timeless though, it rarely changed over many years and still pulled listeners. Im not a mad fan btw just a appreciator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoisin Crispy Owl
Jan 1, 2010

Bonto posted:

Burnistoun was a guilty pleasure of mine last year - the sketch where Rab throws a bottle of lemonade at a chav and becomes a small celebrity had me rolling. Definitely underrated - although you can understand why, towards the end of its series it did seem to waver in quality. Hopefully this series will be a bit more consistent.

A quick google search describes the show as "critically acclaimed" - is that true? was the show that well-regarded? My understanding was that it didn't do too well audience-wise. I remember having to introduce it on these forums as there seemed to be no talk about it, and that was after it's second or third episode.

What was shown in the screenings?

There were three but I only went to one, it's where they record the laughter track/cut out sketches that don't work. At mine they showed just over an hour of sketches and I'd imagine 90% of those would make it in because it was fantastic. There's also some talk on Rab's twitter from ages ago about possibly being moved to BBC One Scotland which would indicate it did well enough. Plus this got over a million views so I'd guess they have an audience :v:

I assume the reason no one knows about it on here is because it's only on in Scotland at the moment.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

PlantHead posted:

Also is there anyone on Carpathia that doesn't fancy Fleur?

Is there anyone on Earth who doesn't? I've had a crush on her since she turned up as Daisy on Being Human.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Flatscan posted:

Is there anyone on Earth who doesn't? I've had a crush on her since she turned up as Daisy on Being Human.

Don't think for a second that's the average for Scotland. I wouldn't want you coming up here and having your perceptions shattered.

oh, i also never saw this before:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/beinghuman/2009/12/ivan_daisy.html

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Here is a bizarre interview where Paxo talks to Jamie XX about remixing music:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9398484.stm

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Kin posted:

Don't think for a second that's the average for Scotland. I wouldn't want you coming up here and having your perceptions shattered.

I've been to Dundee.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Flatscan posted:

I've been to Dundee.

Just got perceptions to repair then.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOJXT6UFhQI

edit: Burnistoun was uneven as all gently caress but when it was good it was really good

hemp
Dec 18, 2008
So is nobody watching Mad Dogs on Sky One? This is seriously good TV.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

hemp posted:

So is nobody watching Mad Dogs on Sky One? This is seriously good TV.

I was thoroughly bored crapless with part one, probably because of the presence of Ben Chaplin. But this episode is so much better than the previous, I'm eager to see how it turns out

hemp
Dec 18, 2008
Aren't they gonna have to clean up the body somewhat, and if so, won't there be a significant lack of blood to make it look like a murder?

e: Jesus Christ

hemp fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 17, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

sorry, but that whole scene was hilarious. "He's not going dancing any time soon!"

hemp
Dec 18, 2008
The plot thickens! Where is this set, anyway?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Marchlands was pretty good tonight, having 3 time frames stops it from getting boring.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

hemp posted:

The plot thickens! Where is this set, anyway?

No idea, but I do want to know what's going to happen to the midget. And if anyone can, I'd really like a gif of Glenister walking in on the carving knife incident

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Who the hell is Milo Yiannopoulos? Does he have a rich Dad?

E: Oh a quick google reveals he hates the north and thinks London is all of England. Tosser.

E2: "Stephen Fry has sparked a Twitter row after calling a Wolfson student a “cynical ignorant fucker”." Awesome!

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 17, 2011

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

A5H posted:

Who the hell is Milo Yiannopoulos? Does he have a rich Dad?

E: Oh a quick google reveals he hates the north and thinks London is all of England. Tosser.

He's a student and a total and utter columnist.

e: If you turn up at the 10 O'Clock Live studio and find yourself sitting to the left of David Mitchell, it might be best if you just quietly went home.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He seemed to be saying that protests work in other countries, but the British government ignores them so protesters in this country are stupid.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

goatface posted:

He seemed to be saying that protests work in other countries, but the British government ignores them so protesters in this country are stupid.

And the protesters should stop their attention seeking and vote differently if they didn't like it. We should all take it up the arse for 5 years and not complain at all.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Seemed like a smug entitled prick to me.

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007
10 oclock show is definitely improving.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
I thougj it was funny thay the Milo guy looked like a young tory. I did the count for the election last year and you could tell instantly who the tories were when they walked in. They seem to have a thing about fleeces and loafers.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

hemp posted:

Aren't they gonna have to clean up the body somewhat, and if so, won't there be a significant lack of blood to make it look like a murder?

e: Jesus Christ

First time since the end of Ideal I've seen somebody deal with the brain refuse of somebody shot in the head.

I like how they called them the Soviet Mafia and cannot wait for next week. And gently caress that puffy haired arrogant Milo prick too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
YES. Tell everyone to refuse AV because it's not good enough when your party has flatly refused to accept ANY other system.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

This is rich. "Don't vote for AV because nobody thinks its the best system, STV would be better! Yes AV is the only alternative our party will allow, but its not as good as other systems so vote to keep the worse system of the two!" The NO campaign is just going to be just mind bending. I don't see why David or the labour woman didn't point that out either.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

TheVertigoOfBliss posted:

10 oclock show is definitely improving.

Yeah, dog poo poo stops smelling after a few days :hurr:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Ugh Nigel Farage is on Question Time. Luckily Hestletine seems to be providing very strong support for Europe to combat Farage's outpourings of stupidity.

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."
never forget

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

wickles posted:

never forget
[faragearama]

I laughed way too much at that. He's a trooper.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Anybody watch Limmy's show on BBC 2 Scotland? Little hit and miss but I think it's awesome this type of off-kilter humour is being picked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOft-byDXVM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This week's Skins is pretty lame but they did pull off a nice reveal with the Mattie/Nick connection

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

What's happened to Masterchef? Has it always had the cooking equivalent of an X Factor auditions stage complete with family members hanging around to celebrate/commiserate hopefuls? So bizarre.

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007
No, they've basically copied the Australian format this year.

And based on watching that it gets really good now they've whittled it down to the finalists.

WizWoz
Feb 22, 2007

I'm the best,
maybe
The inspiration is I hate trifles

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

reality_groove posted:

What's happened to Masterchef? Has it always had the cooking equivalent of an X Factor auditions stage complete with family members hanging around to celebrate/commiserate hopefuls? So bizarre.

My aunt works for the company that produces Masterchef, apparently they have to change the format regularly so people don't get bored of it.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

I have to say the music is particularly ill fitting. I really really don't want food to be portrayed as epic.

I like the old format, in fact, I laughed and became strangely fond of the light drum and bass/dub of the old Masterchef series.

I've only watched the first episode, and yeah, it screams x factor format, which I never really liked to begin with, Charlie brooker has broken down the format so well I get angry when I spot all the techniques used to sway viewers perception present in this series. The old one series hardly did that (the only thing i remember was the oddly drawn out time-scale of the 'winners' announcements that looked like is kept repeating footage of torode/wallace looking grim).

But getting past that, it's pretty ok I think. It's always been the amateurism from a whole range of ages and personalities that's appealed to me and the sweet sweet food.

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
If it's modelled on Australian masterchef I might start watching it. Aussy masterchef is just awesome. The only downside to it is that the best chef usually leaves the competition like 7 weeks before the end because they guessed an ingredient wrong in an elimination challenge.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Masterchef has always had very strange music. It's always had really out-of-place seeming techno. It wouldn't work with any other kind of music though:

"I'm making a jouz out of broad beans and mint that I'm going to put next to the red current jelly tweel and into the braised lamb shoulder."

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
I know it's not running right now, so sorry if this is a bit of a derail, but I finally got around to buying the Misfits boxset. I hate myself for leaving it this long, I've watched everything bar the last episode and the Christmas special in the past 3 days.

My only regret is getting so involved in it so soon after a series finished, gonna have to wait a while for series 3. But yeah, pretty amazing British tv.

So this isn't a completely irrelevant post I wholeheartedly enjoyed HTVRYL and 10 O'clock Live this week. Well, enjoyed may not be the right adjective for HTVRYL, but it was really good. As predicted, 10 oclock live's improved and is well into it's stride now I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I just wish they'd drop the live studio audience at the start when they were introducing themselves they were louder than the presenters.