Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I've followed the one they put on their forum (using audacity) since like day one, but this guy has some way of having the movie audio drop a little lower when Mike, Kevin, or Bill talk. It looks like it's some type of plugin for a mac program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

It's called ducking and I believe Audacity can do that now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wiseblood posted:

The old Rifftrax Player had that option, which is a crying shame they abandoned development on it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rirse posted:

The old Rifftrax Player had that option, which is a crying shame they abandoned development on it.

They did retweet someone saying that he was working on a new one, and needed beta testers. I think it was even yesterday (or the day before).

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Wiseblood posted:

It can. It's under the effects dropdown. Once you've used it, you can just use ctrl-R to reuse the last effect, meaning you can auto-duck pretty quickly. The newest Harry Potter has a lot of places that need it, as the music and sound effects get pretty loud.

This is the guide I use. I just follow the Rifftrax Lite DVD Guide, since I don't really care about the menus and extras for the riffed DVD. All the programs are free and easy to use

broken formica
Jan 31, 2007

It's not right for a woman to read; soon she starts getting ideas and thinking.

Rirse posted:

I used the Rifftrax Player for awhile, but I would always have a problem with it getting out of sync. The riff would gradually fall out of sync with the movie, until about an hour in when the Disembaudio prompt was very blatantly off the mark. Did anyone else ever have a problem with that, or was it just my computer?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

broken formica posted:

I used the Rifftrax Player for awhile, but I would always have a problem with it getting out of sync. The riff would gradually fall out of sync with the movie, until about an hour in when the Disembaudio prompt was very blatantly off the mark. Did anyone else ever have a problem with that, or was it just my computer?

No, it very seldom worked right for me, especially if I had to pause the player.

My secret wish is for Rifftrax to get big enough to work out some kind of Netflix-style download deal with the studios, where they can include a perfectly synced audio track.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Universe Master posted:

No, it very seldom worked right for me, especially if I had to pause the player.

My secret wish is for Rifftrax to get big enough to work out some kind of Netflix-style download deal with the studios, where they can include a perfectly synced audio track.

Well this is a fantastic idea, and now outside of the realm of possibility considering MST3k full episodes can be found on Netflix. Really all they'd have to do it figure out a way to sync it up and allow the user to rent the normal movie and the Rifftrax. Hell, you could make it a separate SAP channel or something. That would be kinda rad.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

So you guys aren't thrilled with the Inception riff? I was gonna buy it and watch over the weekend. :( Guess I'll have to get the Santa and Bunny movie everyone's talkin' about.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

fenix down posted:

So you guys aren't thrilled with the Inception riff? I was gonna buy it and watch over the weekend. :( Guess I'll have to get the Santa and Bunny movie everyone's talkin' about.

Prepare to have your mind melted. It will change you...forever.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

fenix down posted:

Do this. Inception is pretty meh stuff, but Santa is a must see.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

fenix down posted:

See the face in your avatar? That'll be you after the Ice Cream Bunny.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

I watched SatICB on Christmas Day and I think I suffered a brain hemorrhage that persisted for days after. I'm not joking, I was laughing so hard, there was a spot on the front right part of my brain that throbbed when I bent over or exerted myself.

I haven't watched it since. I sort of want to, but I'm kind of afraid for my health, mental and otherwise.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I'm going through the stages of depression while watching this but I think the order is messed up. I was flipping back and forth between denial and acceptance like a metronome, but now I'm at some new stage where staring at an empty tunnel actually makes sense somehow.

edit: the ice cream bunny left me to die! he's a friggin monster!

fenix down fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 19, 2011

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Glad to see someone else's life has been forever tainted by the Ice Cream Bunny.

Also, there's been a handful of shorts released that I haven't seen discussed. "Walking to School" chronicles two kids' insanely complicated and potentially dangerous walk to school through overpasses, back alleys, and traffic; "Remember Me?" is about a humble consumer pushed to the limits by lovely service.

But there's one that really warrants a discussion entitled "Improving Your Pronunciation". It seems at first like a standard educational short, except with harrowingly awkward acting and shots that linger unnervingly long on the performers as they stiffly recite their lines with forced mispronunciation.

Here's the host.

And here's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the host:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I read on Twitter last night that the Rifftrax for Birdemic is finally out. That's one I've been waiting for for a long time. Can't wait to see how they tear that piece of poo poo to shreds.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I read on Twitter last night that the Rifftrax for Birdemic is finally out. That's one I've been waiting for for a long time. Can't wait to see how they tear that piece of poo poo to shreds.

I bought it and watched it last night. I don't think I've laughed that much at a riff in a long time.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bought Birdemic. Can't wait to get home and buy the Rifftrax.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm waiting for your reaction to this because if I remember correctly you're a Room lover too. I hated the Room trax because i didn't think it was necessary. Now, I think Birdemic is barely a quarter of the midnight cult movie that The Room is but I'm still not sure if a Rifftrax is necessary.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

weekly font posted:

I'm waiting for your reaction to this because if I remember correctly you're a Room lover too. I hated the Room trax because i didn't think it was necessary. Now, I think Birdemic is barely a quarter of the midnight cult movie that The Room is but I'm still not sure if a Rifftrax is necessary.

I am! But I'm with you. Didn't think a 'trax was necessary for The Room. Some parts of it were amusing, but the movie itself is so goddamned hilarious..what's there to riff on?

Birdemic is nigh-unbearable. I've seen it 3 times since it came out and each time was worse than the last. It has some "so bad it's funny" appeal, but nowhere close to what The Room has. It's more just an awful, awful movie and I'm interested to see what the riffers do with this one.

In the final scene of the movie, the birds stop attacking for no reason and they fly off into the sunset, which goes on for what seems like forever. Seriously, what's shown on screen is poorly animated birds flapping their wings for like 2 straight minutes, then the credits roll while the same thing goes on for another 5 or so straight minutes. I wish I was kidding.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

In the final scene of the movie, the birds stop attacking for no reason and they fly off into the sunset, which goes on for what seems like forever.

Wow, that's even worse than what the preview clip implied was the end of the movie: All the birds dying of bird flu offscreen. Which would be the most :effort: ending of a movie ever.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 1, 2014

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I don't do a lot of Rifftrax (look at my username and realize how shameful that is) but I got Birdemic yesterday and holy poo poo. I love it when they're just balls-out ruthless on a movie. I've seen Birdemic at a midnight screening before, but I was extremely drunk so I though I missed a lot. Turns out seeing it mostly sober is pretty much the same.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, nothing really happens in the entire movie. If you thought you may have missed something, you didn't.

Protagonist "catches the big fish" at work, hooks up with a girl he went to school with who is a model who gets her model shots taken at Walgreens, they have some environmentalist friends who are sorta whacky, birds start attacking for no reason, they fight the birds, later some old guy blames it on global warming, they escape the birds but then the birds find them and then the birds stop attacking and fly away for no reason.

FIN.

You may think I'm kidding, but I'm not exaggerating one bit when I say that that's exactly how James Nguyen, master of The Romantic Thriller TM, plays out his homage to Hitchcock's "The Birds".

edit: The subtitle is completely misleading. The only "Shock And Terror" about the whole movie applies to the viewer's reaction when they realize how shockingly and terrifyingly bad this movie is, and how there's nothing redeeming about it.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 24, 2011

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I've been avoiding Birdemic because I thought it was bad on purpose like Tim & Eric. But it is just horribly awful, right? Like Red Zone Cuba?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

fenix down posted:

I've been avoiding Birdemic because I thought it was bad on purpose like Tim & Eric. But it is just horribly awful, right? Like Red Zone Cuba?

Yeah it's abysmally made on less than a shoestring budget. After it came out the director/some fans tried to turn it into the next Room but there's not enough legitimate heart behind it to latch on to with any kind of love. It's just a really big turd.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bobulus posted:

Wow, that's even worse than what the preview clip implied was the end of the movie: All the birds dying of bird flu offscreen. Which would be the most :effort: ending of a movie ever.

Well... War of the Worlds and all... Not that I expect them to actually paying homage to it. I haven't seen Birdemic however, but also have no desire to.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Are there different versions of Birdemic? I got the Rifftrax and synced it up to my copy of Birdemic and it was fine until the end when it just went compleatly out of sync.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Slasherfan posted:

Are there different versions of Birdemic? I got the Rifftrax and synced it up to my copy of Birdemic and it was fine until the end when it just went compleatly out of sync.

Yeah, apparently the Birdemic DVD cuts out a scene in the version that's been floating around the Internet--or maybe it's the other way around. All I know is that my version is watchable until the last eight minutes :(

As far as the movie itself, it's completely unwatchable in a Manos way--right down to the nonstop driving scenes--so the Rifftrax adds A LOT. But there's a lot of fun to be had picking out all of the fundamental moviemaking mistakes that plague this piece of garbage; I swear this thing must have been edited in Windows Movie Maker or something. I mean, the director doesn't even know how to do simple things like "have the audio from one take play during a different take..." listen to how many times the people start applauding in that boardroom scene and you'll know what I mean.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

bobservo posted:

But there's a lot of fun to be had picking out all of the fundamental moviemaking mistakes that plague this piece of garbage; I swear this thing must have been edited in Windows Movie Maker or something.

Adobe Premiere, and as he also states in the Q & A, he edited it himself. He explains various other aspects of the film, such as what that yellow... um... liquid was (It's acid, brought on by the global warming... um, somehow), why he left the gas behind, and what that last line of dialog actually was.

It kinda sucks that he re-edited the movie for this DVD/Blu-ray release though. I bought my copy a year or so ago, and noticed it was messing up as I was watching it. I mean, that beach scene was not needed... but the same could be said for a lot of other scenes, so why did he remove that one? Or why not say that this edition was reworked? :(

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So the Rifftrax guys recorded the riff to sync with a PIRATED copy of a movie.

Shameful.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Tony Danza Claus posted:

So the Rifftrax guys recorded the riff to sync with a PIRATED copy of a movie.

Shameful.

No, they used the newly released edition. The older edition that Moviehead pictures self-released a few years ago (The version I have and one that's on the pirate sites at the moment) has the extra scene.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Picked up the latest "Shorts" DVDs "Order in the Shorts" and "Shortstoberfest", and I gotta say I kind of disappointed to see that on of the shorts on "Order in the Shorts", "Your Chance to Live" had been previously released on the "Shorts" DVD "Shorts-Tacular Shorts-Stravaganza".

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Birdemic is a bitch to Sync because of how terrible the sound is in the movie. When I was doing it I tested it on a few scenes and it worked fine but when I was watching it at times the movie became much louder and drowned out the Rifftrax.
I use Windows Movie Maker so it looks like to do a proper Job I have to do some scenes separately and up the volume on the Rifftrax.
Anyone know which the extra scene is? Might help me to cut the trax at that part.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm nearing the end of the Birdemic riff and it's one of my favorites they've ever done outside of the Twilight series, the first Transformers and The Matrix Reloaded. I've been howling with laughter nearly the entire time it's been on.

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Open fierce skies on me, on a bird and we experience the new death indeed.
"Just tryin' out my jerky eye mask"

I just finished Birdemic and I honestly can't tell if it's horrible on purpose. I'm so loving confused.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SlowlyChoking posted:

I just finished Birdemic and I honestly can't tell if it's horrible on purpose. I'm so loving confused.

If you've seen The Room, you know the way that Tommy Wiseau could either be legitimately retarded for directing a movie like that or a genius who knowingly directed one of the great cult movies of all time and has been donning the character of Tommy Wiseau for years as an act?

It's more likely that Wiseau's actually the genius and James Nguyen is legitimately retarded.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Davros1 posted:

Picked up the latest "Shorts" DVDs "Order in the Shorts" and "Shortstoberfest", and I gotta say I kind of disappointed to see that on of the shorts on "Order in the Shorts", "Your Chance to Live" had been previously released on the "Shorts" DVD "Shorts-Tacular Shorts-Stravaganza".

They now call that out on the site, but that seems like a strange mistake to make. Maybe they were high. In which case, they need a remedial dose of "Drugs Are Like That."

(My nook man, I NEED MY NOOK!)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jet Jaguar posted:

They now call that out on the site, but that seems like a strange mistake to make. Maybe they were high. In which case, they need a remedial dose of "Drugs Are Like That."

(My nook man, I NEED MY NOOK!)

What's a baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

Yeah it's abysmally made on less than a shoestring budget. After it came out the director/some fans tried to turn it into the next Room but there's not enough legitimate heart behind it to latch on to with any kind of love. It's just a really big turd.

I think Birdemic has a lot of heart. It's really stupid heart, but it has it. A guy in line to see the midnight showing described it as "barely a movie" and that is the most accurate description of Birdemic. It has pictures that appear to be moving, but it has nothing else in it vaguely like a real movie.

You only hate this movie because the main character is played by Roderick Strong.

• Locked thread