Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
is alright in my books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

irlZaphod posted:

Never did Paul McGrath any harm

Never did Tony Adams any harm.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

That's not nuts though, that's "things that should be expected of professional athletes"

I think he was mocking the idea that liverpool would win a trophy once or twice a year

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I'm a Liverpool fan.

I just found the phrasing funny.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
As long as he isn't addicted to Monster Munch.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Couch posted:

As long as he isn't addicted to Monster Munch.

That one did le Guen lots of harm

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
ahaha, dude starts a thread about how some teams do the whole pre-match huddle thing, he wants Liverpool to do it, and he wants to share this idea with the players:

quote:

I want us to start doing this, like I said it shows a great sign of solidarity and good team spirit within the squad, is there anyway this can be done, like a suggestion made to the team??

I just wish someone would have wound him up with a Liverpool FC Suggestions Line phone number or something

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
is said dude american?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwyW_gWL0Yc

The best show of solidarity

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwyW_gWL0Yc

The best show of solidarity

How about Enrique's goal in the Championship last year?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

T. Finn posted:

ahaha, dude starts a thread about how some teams do the whole pre-match huddle thing, he wants Liverpool to do it, and he wants to share this idea with the players:

I just wish someone would have wound him up with a Liverpool FC Suggestions Line phone number or something

tbf last time Liverpool won something (European Cup!!) they did the huddle.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

ICA posted:

Won the FA Cup since then. Can't remember the status re: huddle, though.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

ICA posted:

It's not so much wanting to see the huddle it's that he thinks he can suggest it to the team

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Mickolution posted:

Won the FA Cup since then. Can't remember the status re: huddle, though.

Oh aye. Don't remember either.

I only mention 'coz I watched the CL 05 final the other night and noticed, for the first time I guess, the huddle.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

T. Finn posted:

It's not so much wanting to see the huddle it's that he thinks he can suggest it to the team

Perhaps he should start supporting Ebbsfleet United?

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
We do the huddle under 'Arry fwiw.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Really? loving Celtic-theiving bastards!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ICA posted:

Oh aye. Don't remember either.

I only mention 'coz I watched the CL 05 final the other night and noticed, for the first time I guess, the huddle.

you sad bastard

arsenal mania

quote:

That's amazing! Hope you post more over here as it will be great to get your perspective on things.

I started watching football after the World Cup of 98 and started supporting Arsenal from around 2001 (I always liked Arsenal, don't really know when exactly did I become a fan, but around 2001, it was clear who I was rooting for - I that is typical in many modern age fans from far off)Which is why I didn't really understand the value, may be, of our glorious run in the early part of the decade.

Winning the league now would be much more special to me than any other trophy I've seen Arsenal win before.

quote:

its getting ridiculous really everton game and today game its show the refrees are agents us espically when manure in the first place

am really sick now and i dont know what am writing like i forget the english f**k you phil f**k you go to the hell

quote:

I was actually in tears as the game wore on because the corruptness of the ref was starting to overwhelm me.

quote:

All those ******* referee's are man utd fans and its a big fact, how can a overrated team like them win the league

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I had a great time :)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

you sad bastard

I watch it at least once a year. Probably more on average.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
It genuinely is a great game, from a neutral POV. Has literally everything but a red card.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
Everton forums

quote:

heres a list of quality players who would make our team better-
Gary Cahill(bolton);;stephen ireland(villa);;zat knight(bolton);;lee cattermole(sunderland);;mark davies(bolton);;stuart holden(bolton);;paul scholes(utd);matt taylor(bolton);;shaun wright phillips(city);;johan elmander(bolton);;fabrice muamba(bolton);charlie adam(blackpool);;daniel sturridge(bolton);;

KINGARTHURUSA posted:

Great managers in the past have always had a second in commend, does Moyes need help. Has Moyes reached the end of his time at Everton. Is the a staleness with his training methods. Rooney once said he was tired on the Saturday after the hard training Moyes had did with the players midweek. Does Moyes possess the man manager skills of a Harry Rednapp to get the best out of them

If Moyes did leave Evertion, would he have the right CV to manage the super stars of football at other clubs

Mr. Big Snacks
Jul 26, 2006

Mochiloc posted:

Everton forums

Heh, I wonder why Everton never put in a bid for Paul Scholes??

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
The lack of question marks in that second quote is really pissing me off

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

The thing that Amazes me is in the first comment how the guy really seems to love Bolton.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

Does Moyes possess the man manager skills of a Harry Rednapp to get the best out of them

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Zat loving Knight.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

wiki posted:

He continued his passion for the F.A. Cup by scoring the only two goals in their 2-0 win in the Fifth Round replay against Notts County - his work with Aleksander Kolarov was particularly praised in this match.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Vieira

Noticed this during the Man City vs Notts County game in question. Somehow or other Man City fans seemed to know not only the final score, that Vieira scored both goals and how the press/pundits would react.

Ten minutes later Tevez scored to make it 3-0.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bacon of the Sea posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Vieira

Noticed this during the Man City vs Notts County game in question. Somehow or other Man City fans seemed to know not only the final score, that Vieira scored both goals and how the press/pundits would react.

Ten minutes later Tevez scored to make it 3-0.

quote:

It has also been said the person who edited this article within 30 seconds of the match ending is a loser.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Found this on an Inter Milan forum, it's how Inter Milan will beat Bayern on wednesday:

(forzainterforums.com)

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

ephex posted:

Found this on an Inter Milan forum, it's how Inter Milan will beat Bayern on wednesday:

(forzainterforums.com)

Lucio is a lazy twat

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

ephex posted:

(forzainterforums.com)

To be fair, that is the only move Robben ever makes.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

CaptainRightful posted:

To be fair, that is the only move Robben ever makes.

believe that and he'll own you even more

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

ephex posted:

He'll score 1 (one) goal doing exactly that against Inter.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

DickEmery posted:

Lucio is a lazy twat

Cesar too.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

ephex posted:

Don't underestimate Robben or he'll use his other cunning move, "get injured".

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

irlZaphod posted:

Don't underestimate Robben or he'll use his other cunning move, "get injured".

ITS VERY EFFECTIVE

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Forget this "inverted wingers" craze, "injured wingers" are the future of football.

kriminal
Oct 18, 2004
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRpRfVURjM&
Barca Valdes
LOL, funnier if you speak spanish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Royality
Jun 27, 2006

kriminal posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRpRfVURjM&
Barca Valdes