Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nah
Mar 16, 2009

NecronSchmecron posted:

Jimmy Pardo, Kevin Smith, and Rob Hubell on DLM! :psyboom:

There has been some badass combinations of people lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Forum Hussy posted:

What a joy, huh?

That is high and tight, wearing a hard shoe right there.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

Smith was so insufferably full of himself on WTF that it would be cool to hear someone bring him down a notch. Downloading that DLM later.

edit: you know who else was awful on WTF? Henry Rollins. Good lord. I couldn't take more than a half hour of it before deleting it. At least Kevin Smith was kinda funny.

Rollins is one of my favorite people on this planet and getting through that WTF was torture. Also, I don't know what Kevin's deal is but this constant bragging about getting high is annoying as gently caress, especially considering his kid should be just old enough be really hosed up by it.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Bunk Rogers posted:

Rollins is one of my favorite people on this planet and getting through that WTF was torture. Also, I don't know what Kevin's deal is but this constant bragging about getting high is annoying as gently caress, especially considering his kid should be just old enough be really hosed up by it.

This is disappointing because I was really looking forward to the Rollins episode. As for Smith, I don't think a guy that names his kid after a Batman character is very concerned about loving her up.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

Jack Bandit posted:

This is disappointing because I was really looking forward to the Rollins episode. As for Smith, I don't think a guy that names his kid after a Batman character is very concerned about loving her up.

What'd he name her?

Also I saw Smith and honestly lost the will to listen to this DLM, he just ruins things for me, some one please reassure me that he's kept in check by the two other excellent guests and Doug?

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Kevin Smith's podcast where he interviewed Edgar Wright was really good. Occasionally pretentious, but still really good.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
I suppose he's kept in check, but as said before Pardo makes some good jokes at his expense. That and Rob Hubell's banana. :v:

chrimbus granger
Jul 5, 2004

by Lowtax
I know I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I've been burning through the WTF episodes that have come out the past couple months and just listened to the Bobby Lee one. I always thought of him as "the chubby Asian guy from MadTV." I had no idea how hosed up his life was. I was astounded at some of his stories. (Mainly the making GBS threads from Vicodin withdrawals during the filming of a sketch)

chrimbus granger fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 18, 2011

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

shotgunbadger posted:

What'd he name her?

Talia al Ghul
Serious answer: Harley Quinn

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

shotgunbadger posted:

What'd he name her?

Batman

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Verbal posted:

I know I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I've been burning through the WTF episodes that have come out the past couple months and just listened to the Bobby Lee one. I always thought of him as "the chubby Asian guy from MadTV." I had no idea how hosed up his life was. I was astounded at some of his stories. (Mainly the making GBS threads from Vicodin withdrawals during the filming of a sketch)

Yeah, that one's really good. Highly recommended even if you don't give a poo poo about that guy.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Patton on NNF is pretty epic (CHARLIE DANIELS!!). That, plus the comic posted earlier, had me on my knees in laughter.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Colin Hanks on the Nerdist is pretty great. That guy is so amiable that it's a crying shame he can't get anything going in Hollywood.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Jack Bandit posted:

This is disappointing because I was really looking forward to the Rollins episode.
Just listen to it for yourself, it was fine. I'm not sure what they were talking about because although it was nothing spectacular, it was an interesting interview of an interesting guy.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Strange Matter posted:

Colin Hanks on the Nerdist is pretty great. That guy is so amiable that it's a crying shame he can't get anything going in Hollywood.

Probably collateral damage from his younger brothers attempt at a RAP CAREER.

Yeticopter
Nov 19, 2004

Everybody's favorite urban legend, now airborne.
Wait when did the new DLM come out? For some reason iTunes isn't updating, I just have the Swardson/Kroll episode.

edit: I guess it'll check for a new episode at 830, great.

Yeticopter fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 19, 2011

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

Strange Matter posted:

Brett Gelman is the best non-character CDR guest. Although to a certain extent his character is Brett Gelman. His moral outrage at "Is This News Story Real or False?" and frantic backpeddling during the ending of "Would You Rather?" utterly ruined me.

I'm glad he's unbanned now. Though for how long?!

I've been going back and listening to older episodes, and he does great characters too. One of the first episodes had him as Gandolfini and Billy Chrystal and were way funnier than I remember. Gelman has definitely become one of my favorite guests.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Yeticopter posted:

Wait when did the new DLM come out? For some reason iTunes isn't updating, I just have the Swardson/Kroll episode.

edit: I guess it'll check for a new episode at 830, great.
The one from 10/29? He puts one out every Friday. You've missed 15 of them! You're in for quite a treat once you figure out your subscription problem.

Yeticopter
Nov 19, 2004

Nemo posted:

The one from 10/29? He puts one out every Friday. You've missed 15 of them! You're in for quite a treat once you figure out your subscription problem.

My iTunes got hosed up I think. I used to have a bunch of episodes, now I only have the Nick Kroll/Swardson one, what the gently caress? Where did they all go? :(

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Have you said your prayers to Steve Jobs? I hear that helps.

I'd unsubscribe and re-subscribe. There may have been some change the RSS feed or some voodoo.

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

I'll catch you Bran! Hmm... nevermind.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Just listen to it for yourself, it was fine. I'm not sure what they were talking about because although it was nothing spectacular, it was an interesting interview of an interesting guy.

This is good advice. I thought it was an entertaining interview. I find Rollins interesting and fun to listen to, but I'm not about to read a book of his poetry or anything. His weekly music show on KCRW is pretty good and worth checking out.

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010

Billy the Mountain posted:

Probably collateral damage from his younger brothers attempt at a RAP CAREER.

Huh, I guess bad rapping really does run in that family.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.
Per Marc Maron's tweets, he's stuck in Ithaca and needs help recording spots for his show, so if you have the recording equip, holler at him:

"Need a little help. Maybe stuck in ithaca. Need to record something for show. Anyone have gear to record and upload."

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Nadine Hauklund posted:

Per Marc Maron's tweets, he's stuck in Ithaca and needs help recording spots for his show, so if you have the recording equip, holler at him:

"Need a little help. Maybe stuck in ithaca. Need to record something for show. Anyone have gear to record and upload."

If he's in Ithaca I'm sure he can find some Cornell student to hook him up

WedgeRadio
Jan 20, 2009
I've been doing a podcast for 4 years. Now it's 5 days a week of radio. Sadly, it's my passion. WedgeRadio.net

I'd love to hear what people think, I know I could improve.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
The latest episode of Digital Porridge is out: number 17! It is one of our best yet, I think. I think some of the recent ones have been a bit low but that could just be my thinking after editing them all.

Check it out at https://www.digitalporridge.com (iTunes link and RSS link)
reviews always welcome!

WedgeEC posted:

I've been doing a podcast for 4 years. Now it's 5 days a week of radio. Sadly, it's my passion. WedgeRadio.net

I'd love to hear what people think, I know I could improve.

Join us on the goon podcast thread! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3375988 We're building a world-conquering gooncasting empire at the moment. All gooncasters welcome!

ajheretic666
Sep 8, 2008
The Mighty Beards
http://themightybeards.podbean.com/
Entertaining podcast from 3 bearded English blokes, with a different topic every week.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
I think what epitomizes Maron for me was a discussion with Mike Schmidt a couple of weeks back. They were talking about what they see when they look at people. Mike would size people up, like whether he could beat that guy up or if he would gently caress that chick. He assigns people roles in his hierarchy.

Maron, on the other hand, would look at people and realize that it's sad for everyone.

Granted I've only just started listening to his show a month ago, but I found that statement incredibly endearing. I don't find him annoying, just incredibly in touch with the human condition.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO
I know this is late but Andy Richter on CDR was hilarious, along with the uncomfortable boner talk with Jessica St. Clair's Marissa Wampler.

What does it say about my adulthood that I can't stop laughing whenever I think of boner jamz?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

"Your fathers message was "You need to Urn it"" - I heart Reggie Watts on todays CDR.

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
James Adomian's Paul Giamatti is loving incredible.

Also, I don't know what it says about me that literally every time Scott says one of his fake nicknames I laugh so goddamn hard. Scott Tabletop... that's my poo poo.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Giamatti is my least favorite Adomian character, but when Reggie turned the repeater on during it I laughed for at least a full minute.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

RightClickSaveAs posted:

To be fair, it might have gotten better - I couldn't make it past the first 30 minutes. He just sounded super-pretentious and self-important to me.

Mind you, I generally like Rollins (I've seen his spoken word live 4 times over the past 15 years) but I guess I like him better when he's being jokey and a little self-deprecating.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

To be fair, it might have gotten better - I couldn't make it past the first 30 minutes. He just sounded super-pretentious and self-important to me.

Mind you, I generally like Rollins (I've seen his spoken word live 4 times over the past 15 years) but I guess I like him better when he's being jokey and a little self-deprecating.

I'm with you. I don't think the interview could've lived up to my expectations of it, but I was still a little disappointed. I'm definitely a Marc Maron fan, and Rollins was very important to me when I was an angry young jerk, but the interview just didn't click with me.

I thought the WTF with Paul Tompkins was fantastic, though.

Did anyone ever get around to making a Best Show thread? I didn't see it anywhere, not that I was looking all that hard.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
So Jesse had his wife on as the JJGo guest to announce that she's pregnant. I'm not really looking forward to the show becoming baby focused, but considering how much time Jesse spent talking about his dog, and considering that he basically devoted an entire episode to announcing the pregnancy, I guess that's how it's gonna go. Oh well.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

t3ch3 posted:

Giamatti is my least favorite Adomian character, but when Reggie turned the repeater on during it I laughed for at least a full minute.

Paul Giamatti going crazy sounds oddly similar to Huel Howser going crazy. I wonder Oh god a crow-bot in my room what have I donjmfdsfgb 34 42redc X

Yeticopter
Nov 19, 2004

Man, did anyone else think that Conan O'Brien was a bit of a dick on NNF? Like pointlessly criticizing Pardo for engaging in aimless banter about nothing? I get that maybe that's sort of his "schtick" but there were times where he seemed downright hostile and not really humorous at all. I'm a pretty big Conan fan, but he seemed a little out of his element when the shows not meticulously planned/written/rehearsed. He seems to have sort of lost his touch with improv. I guess he's not as acclimated to the podcasting culture as guys like Pardo or Ackerman, but still.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

wafflesnsegways posted:

So Jesse had his wife on as the JJGo guest to announce that she's pregnant. I'm not really looking forward to the show becoming baby focused, but considering how much time Jesse spent talking about his dog, and considering that he basically devoted an entire episode to announcing the pregnancy, I guess that's how it's gonna go. Oh well.

I can't wait for it. I really appreciate Jesse's pseudonaive outlook on all things adult. I also like hearing about people's kids.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

Yeticopter posted:

Man, did anyone else think that Conan O'Brien was a bit of a dick on NNF? Like pointlessly criticizing Pardo for engaging in aimless banter about nothing? I get that maybe that's sort of his "schtick" but there were times where he seemed downright hostile and not really humorous at all. I'm a pretty big Conan fan, but he seemed a little out of his element when the shows not meticulously planned/written/rehearsed. He seems to have sort of lost his touch with improv. I guess he's not as acclimated to the podcasting culture as guys like Pardo or Ackerman, but still.

Conan is kinda a dick. Nothing really crippling or anything but yea, outside his 'element' he kinda turns into a bit of a jerk. He seems kinda like one of those types who's great with a nice, written, script, but if things start deviating he just kinda loses the train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
I saw it as riffing and they were really just fooling around. I don't know how anyone can't see it as just that.

• Locked thread