Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BlackMK4 posted:

:smith:

Throw some car tires on that thing and go for a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
WRC runs skinny tires in the snow so that they can cut through the top layer to the ground, you're fine with motorcycle tires which are skinnier. If you can get some bicycle tires you'll be even better off.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Trials tires and tek screws.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I don't mind riding in the snow if it's not activly collecting on the roads, which in this case there is an inch of slush over a layer of ice. :v:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlackMK4 posted:

:smith:

Judging by my last ninja, good luck ever getting that thing to start after being so cold.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Finished day 1 where we completed the Basic Riding Skills. Man does my hand hurt from the clutch work on these bikes. The clutch on these bikes is basically on/off with very little play, which meant I occasionally stalled it trying to get going from a stop.

All in all though, I learned a lot today and can't wait to finish it tomorrow!

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

kloa posted:

Finished day 1 where we completed the Basic Riding Skills. Man does my hand hurt from the clutch work on these bikes. The clutch on these bikes is basically on/off with very little play, which meant I occasionally stalled it trying to get going from a stop.

Are they fun? What else have you ridden?

I've been interested in a Ulysses for a while, but ended up going in the opposite direction with the m109, and now that I've got the triumph I'm curious about things that aren't so ludicrously overpowered/are closer to standard or cafe. Plus I've always secretly hoped buells were fun to ride. Since you know. 911. :911:

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

kloa posted:

I found these easy to learn on, but the only thing I didn't like was the fact that they vibrated like crazy. Just idling and looking at the gauges they all looked blury.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Are they fun? What else have you ridden?

I've been interested in a Ulysses for a while, but ended up going in the opposite direction with the m109, and now that I've got the triumph I'm curious about things that aren't so ludicrously overpowered/are closer to standard or cafe. Plus I've always secretly hoped buells were fun to ride. Since you know. 911. :911:

They are fun to me but I have never ridden a motorcycle before, just ATV/50-100cc pit bikes and these Buells are 500cc. It could just be the abuse they have gone through (my bike only had 570 miles on it) but like the poster above stated, they vibrate like hell. The V-Twin has a nice sound to it, much like a Harley.

They can also apparently pop wheelies. A girl that was taking the class with me crashed twice today and both times she dumped the clutch and had too much throttle and wheelied and crashed right afterwards.

Buell is apparently out of business so I'm sure the bikes go for cheap, but finding parts/service may be difficult.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Ironically the Blast is the only Buell still being made by Harley, specifically to be used in the MSF courses. I rode one for two years and had a lot of fun with it, but I have no problem saying that a Ninja 250 is the best of the starter bikes. The Blast gets boring once you know what a bigger bike is like.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved

Deeters posted:

Ironically the Blast is the only Buell still being made by Harley, specifically to be used in the MSF courses.

You could not be more wrong.

All the tooling has been destroyed and all the people that built them have left Harley or got fired when HD killed Buell.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

kloa posted:

The V-Twin has a nice sound to it, much like a Harley.
Blasts have singles, actually. They're basically an 883 cut in half.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Used Sunlight sales posted:

You could not be more wrong.

All the tooling has been destroyed and all the people that built them have left Harley or got fired when HD killed Buell.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

what a horrible waste

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

redscare posted:

what a horrible waste

yeah I agree, thank goodness somebody threw them all away.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Not that I'd ever have sex with a bike but...

That's the best color scheme ever. Wonder how much it'd cost to make my sumo like that. More bikes need painted frames.

Also. Dats a lot o' sumo

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 20, 2011

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
I took this in Sweden a couple of years ago. I saw them go past and had my camera ready when they came back the other way :)

Retsalb
Feb 6, 2011

by Ozma

BlackMK4 posted:

I want sex with that container.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

This is still the best looking white/blue bike I've seen. Prove me wrong.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You were proven wrong three posts prior.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Christoff posted:

More bikes need painted frames.

agreed...
s

Not that I'd have sex with a bike...

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 21, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It just adds so much to the aesthetics for such a small price.

It even makes the beaker look good

And even though it's overdone I absolutely love the gsx-r blue color scheme

I miss that bike...In a perfect world I'd have that and my sumo.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Christoff posted:

I sold it and bought a DRZ. :)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ah, that was you? I could swear I have a picture of us next to each other coming out of T4.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Synonamess Botch posted:

yeah I agree, thank goodness somebody threw them all away.

ROFLOLOLOLOL.

Buell Blade concept

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 21, 2011

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Wouldn't that kind of wheel mount have problems getting popped off by a pebble that comes up from the road and gets caught? Like a tank tread only with almost no tolerance?

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
Went to a swap.meet this weekend.

Pocket Cruiser! Probably shouldn't have used the hip-hop music video low angle to show how small this thing is, but if you look at the foot peg (and the hat on the kid) you get the idea. 80cc (sounds like a small dirt bike). Everything was real and working including electric start.

Genuine Suzuki racing stickers

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Get that chopper bullshit out of CA

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Dude, why does that bike have a car tire?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Helps it corner/stick it to the man better.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This is the sexiest painted frame bike:

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.

Frankston posted:

I want one of those things so loving bad, but I just don't dig the riding position all that much, I prefer to sit straight up when riding. Maybe that will change in the future, but I doubt it.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
The pic that blackmk4 posted, the first time I saw it, it was captioned something about just a bunch of Blasts being thrown out, but now that I look closer, there's a couple Uly's and a Lightning or two in there.

So fuckin sad, I hate what Harley did to Buell.

Yes, I am a Buell fanboy.

Kyon
Dec 19, 2006

brap

Frankston posted:

Having ridden one - I can't stand them. Thing makes 50kw at the crank and weighs 230kg dry. It handles like a tank pretty much.

I'd much rather get an SR400/SR500 or a Ducati Sportclassic.

Kawasaki Z750:

Kyon fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 21, 2011

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Used Sunlight sales posted:

The pic that blackmk4 posted, the first time I saw it, it was captioned something about just a bunch of Blasts being thrown out, but now that I look closer, there's a couple Uly's and a Lightning or two in there.

So fuckin sad, I hate what Harley did to Buell.

Yes, I am a Buell fanboy.

Whenever I see it I like to think that they're lemons or wrecks or some reason other than "Buell is dumb throw them away". But I know it's probably not.

I have no idea what the context of these images is, I've had them on my harddrive a long time.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

All the way to Sturgis baby

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Kommando posted:

Ehhh...something like that.

How are you going to have SPACE SHIPS and such a lovely looking futuristic bike, honestly

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Brap brap... see you homos later

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Spiffness posted:

Brap brap... see you homos later

I'm repulsed... and yet strangely aroused.

Edit: You know when you see an otherwise normal, beautiful girl with an odd quirk, like a glass eye or a scar and far from being a deal breaker it's actually sort of cute?

This is like that, except the girl has feet where her hands should be.

Still not a deal breaker.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cypher
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
I posted this in Freebooters Vietnam trip report but I figured it might as well go here too... Back in December fellow goon I like TANG and myself headed over to Vietnam to do a week of riding in the north east area of the country. I threw this vid together when I got back. I used a GoPro helmet cam for anyone wondering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKBCQ4ZrLXU