Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Der Luftwaffle posted:

I don't know, but I hope they're part of an evil freezing racket because I killed the poo poo out of every one I saw in Jedi Outcast.
Oh gently caress yeah. I hunted those little bastards done and lopped their heads off every time I saw them.

But yeah, they were probably criminals. Almost certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

If killing Ugnaughts is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Epi Lepi posted:

Watched the Rifftrax of the Star Wars Holiday Special tonight with some friends. I have no clue at all what anyone involved with that abomination could have been thinking. There must have literally been an army of people working on that train wreck, and no one said "hey guys, this isn't a very good idea."?

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Everyone realizes by now that after the unexpected success of Episode 4, EVERYONE had a party. And I mean everyone, from Lucas to Hamill to Warwick.

A really, really looooooong party, man.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

Epi Lepi posted:

There must have literally been an army of people working on that train wreck, and no one said "hey guys, this isn't a very good idea."?

One could say the same about the entire prequel trilogy

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

oratiO_obliqua posted:

No one said anything because working for Lucas is like working for Vader in the Empire Strikes Back.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

No one said anything because working for Lucas is like working for Vader in the Empire Strikes Back.

I have this mental image now of Jorge attempting to force choke all of his employees and them just shaking their heads and walking away, disappointed that they work for a lunatic.

That'd be an odd double-edged sword, being able to brag to your friends that you literally work on Star Wars, but also having to put up with Lucas' insanity. Also, you'd probably get laid a lot, but only by nerd chicks and unfortunately I've seen the kind of women who are into Star Wars :( There are exceptions, of course, but far and away, the majority...how did George Carlin put it? "I wouldn't gently caress her with a stolen dick!"

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

oratiO_obliqua posted:

Carrie Fisher already admitted that Hoth was actually pure white leftover Cocaine from the Ep 4 party.

I don't have an excuse for the prequels.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.

Locutus Of Bored posted:

I have this mental image now of Jorge attempting to force choke all of his employees and them just shaking their heads and walking away, disappointed that they work for a lunatic.

This gave me the best mental picture.

As for the Holiday Special, there was not one actor who wasn't glassy-eyed, and Carrie Fisher was so looped on coke that she needed help standing. Yes, there were MANY drugs involved with that performance.

And it's STILL better than the prequils.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Locutus Of Bored posted:

Reminds of a sketch from Robot Chicken.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Slantedfloors posted:

Oh gently caress yeah. I hunted those little bastards done and lopped their heads off every time I saw them.

But yeah, they were probably criminals. Almost certainly.

Oh yeah, gently caress those guys. They steal and strip down droids too. Ugnaught killers represent :black101:

Locutus of Bored posted:

and unfortunately I've seen the kind of women who are into Star Wars

My ex is a huge SW fan and pretty attractive; also found out she's quite the religious fanatic type. I guess it had to balance out somehow. (You are correct when considering the majority though).

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT SUPPORTING GENOCIDE

Derek Dominoe posted:

1) Do those little pig things from Bespin have some sort of exclusive union agreement on carbon freezing?

2) I thought carbon freezing was risky, uncertain, and "crude". Why did Vader need to test it on Han if he and all his buddies were willing to just dive right in with no consequence?

On point 2, Jorge is basing the Clone Wars on his original vision of The Empire Strikes Back. In that version, Darth Vader is all like "I'm going to carbon-freeze Skywalker for his trip to the Emperor. The facility is 100% safe, so I'm not worried about anything happening." Boba Fett overhears this, and says "100% safe? Could I ask you a favor and freeze Solo first? I really don't want to listen to his bitching all the way back to Tatooine." Vader tell him "Sure, go ahead" and the two of them head over to the tavern to hit on some hot Gungan broads.

Donkey Kunt
Mar 19, 2006

I'm a cat.
Is there an EU explanation for what's wrong with this guy's face?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKFgqC_wy-E

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mister Roboto posted:

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Everyone realizes by now that after the unexpected success of Episode 4, EVERYONE had a party. And I mean everyone, from Lucas to Hamill to Warwick.

A really, really looooooong party, man.

They were totally below legal drinking age too.

But I think it was filmed in the UK so YAY

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No they weren't.

KaosFactor
Dec 10, 2000

Rommel Rommel

Donkey Kunt posted:

Is there an EU explanation for what's wrong with this guy's face?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKFgqC_wy-E

The Trade Federation guy? I always figured that was some form of HUD display/monitoring equipment.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Loopyface posted:

No they weren't.

Luke was 19 at the time of ANH, and Tattoine's drinking ages are based off Tunisa laws. :colbert:

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
At what point in the creative process did Vader become a quad amputee? Nothing in ANH hints at anything beyond his breathing issues. I know his suit was originally just a space suit for boarding the rebel corvette, and obviously by ROTJ he has a prosthetic hand and a few other things briefly seen during the lightning sequence. At what point did he become a burned torso?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mister Roboto posted:

Luke was 19 at the time of ANH, and Tattoine's drinking ages are based off Tunisa laws. :colbert:
They were on imaginary Yavin 4, you are dumb.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I thought when he was electrified in ROTJ it's supposed to show him with all his limbs being replacements? I don't know, I've never been able to make out a whole lot from that part, but I've heard it from others with apparently sharper eyes than I.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Casimir Radon posted:

They were on imaginary Yavin 4, you are dumb.

Luke had Tattoine citizenship. You are more dumb.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

movax posted:

My ex is a huge SW fan and pretty attractive; also found out she's quite the religious fanatic type. I guess it had to balance out somehow. (You are correct when considering the majority though).

I think there are a lot of women that like Star Wars, they just aren't going to read any books or play the videogames or anything.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But I think it was filmed in the UK so YAY

Even if they were in the US the legal drinking age was 18 until Reagan.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

Derek Dominoe posted:

At what point in the creative process did Vader become a quad amputee? Nothing in ANH hints at anything beyond his breathing issues. I know his suit was originally just a space suit for boarding the rebel corvette, and obviously by ROTJ he has a prosthetic hand and a few other things briefly seen during the lightning sequence. At what point did he become a burned torso?

My best guess would be that him being more machine than man, instead of being an interesting metaphor, was taken literally by everyone. Or it was allways a thing and Im dumb. Either or.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

RedTeam posted:

My best guess would be that him being more machine than man, instead of being an interesting metaphor, was taken literally by everyone. Or it was allways a thing and Im dumb. Either or.

When you think about continuity (which is making a generous assumption in Jorge's favor), they pretty much wrote themselves into a corner. Once they set out to make films about Anakin as a normal guy instead of a huge sinister tall masked guy, they pretty much needed to cast a normal-sized actor. At that point, the explanation for him being a giant in the OT is limited to either prosthesis or a very late growth spurt.

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT SUPPORTING GENOCIDE

RedTeam posted:

He wasn't referred as "More machine now than man" until Return of the Jedi.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I just beat Knights of the Old Republic. I haven't felt that good about both Star Wars or video games in a while. I feel nerdy for saying that, but gently caress if I haven't been that engrossed by a game (Star Wars or otherwise) in a while.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

mojo1701a posted:

I just beat Knights of the Old Republic. I haven't felt that good about both Star Wars or video games in a while. I feel nerdy for saying that, but gently caress if I haven't been that engrossed by a game (Star Wars or otherwise) in a while.
It really is an excellent game. The first time I played it I went away to a camp for a week in the middle of playing and dreamed about it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

mojo1701a posted:

Now please immediately go buy KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, install the restoration mod, and call in sick for a week.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

mojo1701a posted:

The light side ending of KOTOR that mirrors the ending of A New Hope just makes me feel all nerd happy inside.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Now please immediately go buy KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, install the restoration mod, and call in sick for a week.

Save often, very often. There were times I just wanted to call it quits after not saving for a hour and having to replay maps and lovely boss fights. :negative:

Also, Dark Empire just keeps getting crazier and crazier (on Dark Empire II now). The best part is that I used to have the first edition Essential Guide to Vehicles as a kid (bought it from my elementary school book fair :3:), and I had no idea where poo poo like the Starlight Intruder, Hornet fighters, I-7s, Metal GearsX-1s XR-85s whatever came from.

Well, now I know, and it's just all crazy. Lots of Palpie clones, lots of death and random destruction. As someone posted a few pages back, it was written very early (in EU terms anyways) so they didn't have much to build from, but still decided to go balls out in introducing new stuff.

e: oh christ how could I forget the space steampunks that Han discovers on the other side of an impenetrable barrier of nebulous gas in like 30 seconds? :wtc:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Don't forget the Jedi Master stuck in a ballsuit. Dark Empire is crazy and thats why I love it and some people hate it.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Scorchy did an LP of it. It's great. In the thread, he lets people choose which paths he takes, and he describes a lot of behind the scenes stuff too. It's definitely worth a look. It's also on the LParchive site if you don't have archives.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

movax posted:

e: oh christ how could I forget the space steampunks that Han discovers on the other side of an impenetrable barrier of nebulous gas in like 30 seconds? :wtc:

In the last thread, it was decided that Han Solo and Johnny Fiveaces are one and the same.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
What sort of control did the Emperor really exert over the Empire? I was under the impression that he simply appointed sector governors and had them do whatever they wished with their little corner of the galaxy while he fiddle farted around with learning how to use the midichlorians to disinfect swimming pools.

KaosFactor
Dec 10, 2000

Rommel Rommel
I think he just sent Vader out to do things when he wanted to get "hands on" about it. Palpatine never seemed like a micromanager, more like a strategist relying on the pieces to play out with a small shove here or there.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
FYI, the legal drinking age of Tunisia is 18. Most of the world is 18 or 16, like South Korea is 20, US is 21, and that's about it. Wikipedia is AGES away, but they have a chart and all. But enough off-topic.

Definitely play TSL and restoration mod, but make sure to hoard droid repair kits! And a nice laser gun as well.

Yeah, all the books basically make the emperor just appoint sector governors and that's about it. He must have some sway with the imp fleet, but mainly I think he just put cronies into powerful positions (the main thing I'm thinking of about this is that Judith Watson series, Last of the Jedi or something? I had a long flight, stop judging me!)

KaosFactor
Dec 10, 2000

Rommel Rommel
Tarkin talks about it a bit in Death Star. The fleet admirals are afraid of him, and Vader. Tarkin even thinks about taking over once he's in charge of the Death Star, but is convinced that Palpatine has a destruct switch or an agent he doesn't know about near him.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I'd get KotOR II, but I don't think it was released for Mac. I had a hell of a time finding KotOR itself for Mac. Maybe I'll go play Mass Effect instead on my 360.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Does anyone have a link to that picture of Karen Traviss? (That one. You know the one. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you probably haven't seen it.) I think it would be very appropriate for the read-through I'm doing of 501st for the Book Barn thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

KaosFactor posted:

Tarkin talks about it a bit in Death Star. The fleet admirals are afraid of him, and Vader. Tarkin even thinks about taking over once he's in charge of the Death Star, but is convinced that Palpatine has a destruct switch or an agent he doesn't know about near him.
What, other than the asthmatic black dildo he's buddies with?