Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Has anyone read this book on how cities are mankind's greatest invention? http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/02/17/pm-why-cities-are-mankinds-greatest-invention/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cichlidae, can you tell me everything you know about shared tram/road right of ways and what different signaling and turning lane issues and such they require?

TELL. ME. EVERYTHING!

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 18, 2011

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Baronjutter posted:

Cichlidae, can you tell me everything you know about shared tram/road right of ways and what different signaling and turning lane issues and such they require?

TELL. ME. EVERYTHING!

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Baronjutter posted:

TELL. ME. EVERYTHING!

Well, let's see. We can split trams into three different categories based on their position: median, lateral, and separate right-of-way. Each has its own challenges. A lot of what we know about trams can also be applied to Busways, so you may want to check out TCRP Report 117 for details.

Median: You're going to be restricting left turns. This is actually pretty simple: just make all left turns protected-only, and put in pre-emption to block that phase when the tram is on the way.

Lateral: Now it gets a bit trickier, because you have to block one direction of left-turning traffic as well as right turners. This means either posting NTOR everywhere, which will get ignored, or using a red arrow / electronic sign that lights up when the tram is approaching. Phoenix' light rail does this, and it seems to light up about 1/4 mile down the road from the tram's current position.

Separate: If the tram track is separate from the road, you're basically dealing with a railroad grade-crossing, and you can either go with gates or just a signal to let you know the tram is coming.

Special situations: Trams cutting through roundabouts are commonplace in Europe. Entering traffic yields to circulating traffic, circulating traffic stops for trams. You can have some pretty horrific accidents this way, unfortunately, but the alternative is sticking signal heads in the roundabout. Feasible, but not great for roundabout operations. Another special situation is trams crossing the roadway at acute angles, which I also saw a lot in France. They generally only had one small signal head, too. Run the light, get creamed. It's survival of the fittest! And for one more special situation, trams sometimes share pavement with traffic (very common in Europe). In that situation, the tram driver has to really pay attention and act more like a bus driver, starting and stopping for traffic and waiting in queues. Obviously not an ideal situation, but narrow pavement leaves few options.

I do know a good deal more; perhaps there's something specific you'd like to know about?

nm posted:

Good old hook turns :) Go ahead and post one of Melbourne's gigantic signal heads while you're at it.

Cichlidae fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 4, 2011

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

IOwnCalculus posted:

The HOV lanes around AZ are all free entry/exit, and are only actually HOV during rush hour. Not direction sensitive though - in the middle of town a lot of the freeways back up both directions at both rush hours.

Atlanta's HOV lanes are undivided; technically you're not supposed to cross the double white line that separates them from the normal lanes except where it turns to a dashed line, but no one actually pays any attention to that. They also have their own left-hand exits and on-ramps (pretty much a necessity since the HOV lanes are on the left and 75/85 is 6-9 lanes wide in each direction through most of downtown). The Northside Drive HOV exit actually made the news a while back when the driver of a college baseball team bus passing through Atlanta apparently mistook the off-ramp for a through lane and drove straight off the side of the Northside Drive overpass, killing himself, his wife, and some of the students; since then they've changed the signage for the HOV exits and added more warning signs to that ramp in particular.

Currently the HOV lanes operate 24/7 and only require two people in the car. Some high-efficiency or alternative-fuel vehicles like motorcycles and biodiesel cars can also use them regardless of number of passengers. However, they're currently converting the HOV lanes on I-85 outside I-285 into high-occupancy toll lanes; vehicles with one or two people will have to pay a toll that varies based on current traffic conditions to use the lanes, while vehicles with three or more people will still be free.

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

dennyk posted:

The Northside Drive HOV exit actually made the news a while back when the driver of a college baseball team bus passing through Atlanta apparently mistook the off-ramp for a through lane and drove straight off the side of the Northside Drive overpass, killing himself, his wife, and some of the students; since then they've changed the signage for the HOV exits and added more warning signs to that ramp in particular.

That's horrific! It's lucky that the bus didn't take out some cars on the overpass as well as it flew through. We have off-ramps here that line up perfectly with the through lanes as the freeway turns, though we do try to avoid them, as it looks like there's a signal on the freeway and everyone slows down suddenly. I can't imagine what the bus driver must have been thinking those last couple seconds before he hit the ground...

Edit: Example of what I mentioned

Cichlidae fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 21, 2011

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Cichlidae posted:

Good old hook turns :) Go ahead and post one of Melbourne's gigantic signal heads while you're at it.

This is a smaller one.

The tram system in Melbourne works pretty well, driving though, I think the goal is to scare all the cars away.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Cichlidae posted:

That's horrific! It's lucky that the bus didn't take out some cars on the overpass as well as it flew through. We have off-ramps here that line up perfectly with the through lanes as the freeway turns, though we do try to avoid them, as it looks like there's a signal on the freeway and everyone slows down suddenly. I can't imagine what the bus driver must have been thinking those last couple seconds before he hit the ground...

Edit: Example of what I mentioned

Here's a Wikipedia article on the accident:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluffton_University_bus_accident

You can see the new signage and markings in Streetview here. The Wikipedia article has a picture of the old signage, which really could be confusing for someone unfamiliar with the area, especially in the dark.

We've got some regular through-lanes that become exits like the one in your picture, especially in town where lanes are added and then removed regularly, but most of 'em are very clearly marked these days with overhead signs, "EXIT ONLY" pavement markings, and shorter striping dividing the exit lane from the through lanes.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cichlidae posted:

Hey, Phoenix got something right! Nice.

Arizona's traffic lawyers are pretty on top of their game. Most of the state's comments to the draft 2009 MUTCD were along the lines of, "This is unenforceable, that is against state regs in 15 states..." I have a feeling they've shouldered more than their fair share of lawsuits.

It's something I can count on every time I come back from a road trip to Los Angeles and/or San Diego - "HOLY poo poo ROADS THAT DON'T SUCK AND FREEWAYS THAT AREN'T BACKED UP AT 11PM".

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

nm posted:

I think I'd just get out of my car and stop driving.

And then buy a bike, abandon that one for another bike. Turn gay and paint the second bike green.

That's what I'm getting from it at least.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

nm posted:

This is a smaller one.

The tram system in Melbourne works pretty well, driving though, I think the goal is to scare all the cars away.

Christ. Can someone explain all this please? :o:

kapinga
Oct 12, 2005

I am not a number

less than three posted:

I think I'd just get out of my car and stop driving.

And then buy a bike, abandon that one for another bike. Turn gay and paint the second bike green.

That's what I'm getting from it at least.

Here in Basel, they use the white bars/triangles to signal trams (although they also have a vertical white bar, which I assume means the tram has the right of way). Is it not the same in Melbourne?

I only see a simple right turn only signal for regular cars. I'd be a lot more confused if I encountered that on a bike (and wasn't turning right).

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The leftmost seems to be for a car turning lane.
The two with horizontal bars and triangles are for trams, I'm guessing for two separate tracks. (In Denmark, trams used to use horizontal bars for no passing and vertical bars for passing allowed. The tram-style signals are now used for bus-only signals in some places.) The bicycle should be self-explanatory. (The red light is repeated to get it to the same height as the signal for cars. The light below the red bikes is for crossing straight ahead, while the one lit green is for turning right.)

Presumably the tram track that has permission to drive is turning to the right, possibly sharing lane with the cars that also have permission to turn.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 21, 2011

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cichlidae, I have a couple ridiculously nerdy questions to ask you and don't want to poo poo the thread up, I don't have PM's but maybe if you had the time could you shoot me at email at baronjutter at gmail.com ?
Thanks!

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Baronjutter posted:

Cichlidae, I have a couple ridiculously nerdy questions to ask you and don't want to poo poo the thread up, I don't have PM's but maybe if you had the time could you shoot me at email at baronjutter at gmail.com ?
Thanks!

Done!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

actually now that I've typed up my email I might as well just post it here, who knows the solution and any pictures you post would probably interest the thread.

I'm modeling a little city in a stupid online building program/game thingy and I want to get my roads as realistic as possible. What would be the optimal arrangement for 2 minor 2 lane roads meeting and becoming a 4 lane road in a sort of T junction like this.

minor----T----4lane
.............|.........
.........minor.......

obviously most of the traffic from the minor road to the south will be turning right, and the minor road to the west will go straight, but the 4 lane will about 50/50 split it's traffic south and west. How would the intersection look and what sort of signage and traffic lights would it need?

PS
I'm so bad at these forums I don't know for codes or how to post picture or even how to post an emoticon dude but I'm very happy to be here :confuoot:

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 22, 2011

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
code:
minor----T----4lane
.........|.........
.......minor.......
Fixed that for you. Use [code] tags next time. :)

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Baronjutter posted:

I'm modeling a little city in a stupid online building program/game thingy and I want to get my roads as realistic as possible. What would be the optimal arrangement for 2 minor 2 lane roads meeting and becoming a 4 lane road in a sort of T junction like this.

minor----T----4lane
.............|.........
.........minor.......

obviously most of the traffic from the minor road to the south will be turning right, and the minor road to the west will go straight, but the 4 lane will about 50/50 split it's traffic south and west. How would the intersection look and what sort of signage and traffic lights would it need?

I can make you a nice diagram. Do you want turn lanes as well? Is it signalized or stop-controlled? How much right-of-way are you working with? I don't know how much control you have in the game, but hey, let me know.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I have tons of room since it's just outside the town in a field area, this would be the main road into and out of the city, pretty much the only way in or out so mildly high capacity, for a town/village road. That would mean it would almost certainly have a signal right?

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Baronjutter posted:

I have tons of room since it's just outside the town in a field area, this would be the main road into and out of the city, pretty much the only way in or out so mildly high capacity, for a town/village road. That would mean it would almost certainly have a signal right?

In the past, we'd have designed a high-type intersection like this one. The design is excellent for high speeds and high capacities, but isn't great for safety.

A roundabout would work nicely if the volumes aren't too high, but would be kind of a pain to work with in most games. So here's a nice signalized intersection.

Those black dashes are the lane use signs. Everything else should be self-evident.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

that's cool thanks, I was thinking of something like that. My lanes aren't divided like that, so the intersection is solid paving without the little grass bits, but otherwise it's almost the same.

You've got a fancy program that lets you quickly make these these, or you got the image out of some library of junctions?

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Baronjutter posted:

that's cool thanks, I was thinking of something like that. My lanes aren't divided like that, so the intersection is solid paving without the little grass bits, but otherwise it's almost the same.

You've got a fancy program that lets you quickly make these these, or you got the image out of some library of junctions?

Photoshop. But I spend all day looking at roads, so it's mostly drawing from memory.

Edit: To clarify, I do it all freehand in Photoshop. None of it's from another source.

Cichlidae fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 22, 2011

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

How bad has this winter been on CT's roads compared to past years? I don't know if I'm remembering the past few years that well, but the potholes seem a lot more like bomb craters and it feels like an arcade game dodging them. Is there anywhere near enough money in the budget to patch everything up?

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

GWBBQ posted:

How bad has this winter been on CT's roads compared to past years? I don't know if I'm remembering the past few years that well, but the potholes seem a lot more like bomb craters and it feels like an arcade game dodging them. Is there anywhere near enough money in the budget to patch everything up?

Malloy is allocating more money than we've previously had to maintenance, so that should hopefully keep things smooth. I'd expect state roads to be in relatively good shape. All in all, it could be much worse; I went to Rhode Island last month, and driving on Route 165 was like a minefield. I spent half the time straddling the centerline so I wouldn't lose a tire at 70... err, 45 mph.

Horse Pepsi
Aug 26, 2010

by T. Finn

nm posted:

This is a smaller one.
At least it looks secure unlike this

(I collect traffic signals and one of the better sellers to the public is apparently a contractor for NYSDOT or one of the upstate counties (or a "friend" of one) - him or his "friend" posts on FB some of the worst in-person stuff he's seen dealing with signal installations. And then an "after" shot properly done by NYSDOT.)

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

So I notice in california signal heads are almost always hanging from poles, rather than cables. Is this an earthquake safety thing?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Socket Ryanist posted:

So I notice in california signal heads are almost always hanging from poles, rather than cables. Is this an earthquake safety thing?

Same here in Vancouver. I would be interested to know as well. It certainly looks nicer though.

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Socket Ryanist posted:

It's more style than anything. Mast arms are more expensive, because they have big foundations and require a lot of steel and internal cabling, but they look prettier. You can build them to be earthquake resistant; I'm pretty sure ours in CT are bombproof, given how overdesigned they are.

Span wire could lead to some resonance in an earthquake, true, but mast arms do as well. I saw some research recently out of UConn that showed mast arms oscillating from a small applied force, and they shake noticeably for several minutes. Their research proposed building dampers into the signal heads, which I'm sure would be incredibly useful in an earthquake as well.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

Socket Ryanist posted:

I'm from CA, and I think hanging them from cables looks ugly as sin. I suppose I'm spoiled, but I really hate cables dangling everywhere and ten signal heads in a jumble in the middle of an intersection.

But more importantly, as someone said in this thread a couple months ago, the cable-hung ones can often be very hard to see. This seems to be particularly bad when they're stringing them along one cable diagonally across the intersection - the signal head for the rightmost lane is almost always too close to see without leaning forward and explicitly looking up at it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Cichlidae posted:

It's more style than anything. Mast arms are more expensive, because they have big foundations and require a lot of steel and internal cabling, but they look prettier. You can build them to be earthquake resistant; I'm pretty sure ours in CT are bombproof, given how overdesigned they are.

Span wire could lead to some resonance in an earthquake, true, but mast arms do as well. I saw some research recently out of UConn that showed mast arms oscillating from a small applied force, and they shake noticeably for several minutes. Their research proposed building dampers into the signal heads, which I'm sure would be incredibly useful in an earthquake as well.
They also suck in the wind.
Most places that seem to get a lot of wind have mast arms.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Choadmaster posted:

I'm from CA, and I think hanging them from cables looks ugly as sin. I suppose I'm spoiled, but I really hate cables dangling everywhere and ten signal heads in a jumble in the middle of an intersection.

But more importantly, as someone said in this thread a couple months ago, the cable-hung ones can often be very hard to see. This seems to be particularly bad when they're stringing them along one cable diagonally across the intersection - the signal head for the rightmost lane is almost always too close to see without leaning forward and explicitly looking up at it.
I'm 6'8" and cannot see at least 90% of cable hung traffic lights without bending down and putting my head in the "your neck will be broken by the airbag" region. One of our cars as a sunroof and if I'm the first in line at a light, I can frequently see them just by leaning my head back against the headrest.

I also feel this is a perfect opportunity to remind us long-time readers of and introduce new people to schizophrenic traffic light guy from earlier in the thread.

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

GWBBQ posted:

I'm 6'8" and cannot see at least 90% of cable hung traffic lights without bending down and putting my head in the "your neck will be broken by the airbag" region. One of our cars as a sunroof and if I'm the first in line at a light, I can frequently see them just by leaning my head back against the headrest.

I also feel this is a perfect opportunity to remind us long-time readers of and introduce new people to schizophrenic traffic light guy from earlier in the thread.

I haven't heard from my mast-arm-hating friend in some time, unfortunately! We get other crazy emails, but it's just not the same. But hey, I will share this other letter that he submitted online. Again, a long read, but I'm sure you'll remember it for the rest of your natural life.

Heck, I'll bold the best parts.

Oh my goodness posted:

Dear Editor,

This is my Take on Gay Marriage that the State of Connecticut, State Supreme Court made it legal in CT. for couples of the same sex to wed, Well here is my take on this-from both sides-using me as a real life example.

Also, I use MY BIRTH/HOMETOWN OF the City of Hartford, CT. as it exemplifies what is happing to this city when the family has been removed(decimated), with Gay Marriage this will effectively obliterate the family as we know it today-cease to exist, which will result in the crumbling of society-AND IT IS SHOWING HERE IN HARTFORD, CT..

FIRST AND FOREMOST (I`M FOR THE FAMILY-AND THAT COMES FROM ONE WHO WAS DENIED ONE SEVERAL TIMES OVER, I HAVE NEVER MARRIED, NOR HAVE FATHERED ANY CHILDREN, I`M SINGLE. THE FAMILY MUST BE RETURNED, AND RESTORE TO FULL CAPACITY---AND PUTTING THE FATHER BACK IN THE FAMILY, AS THE HEAD THEREOF, WHICH IS ALSO THE HUSBAND TO HIS WIFE, AND A DAD TO HIS CHILDREN. THE FATHER IS THE PROVIDER, GUIDER, AND PROTECTOR OF HIS HOUSE, WHO IS THE HEAD, AUTHORITARIAN, AND DISCIPLINARIAN OF HIS HOUSE, AND CHILDREN. WHEN THE ROD OF CORRECTION WAS TAKEN FROM HIS HAND, AND HE REMOVED FROM THE HOUSE-THE FAMILY FALL INTO RUIN, AND THUS FAILED---US ALL. THE When the family unit was destroyed, the city was decimated, because love was removed from the equation of life-esp. the family which is central to all things, under the realm of God. So when the family ended, your neighbor left also, as did the neighborhood, and what has taken its place are areas called the hood,because love is no more. What has risen up in its place is this:

Instead is a wild west,with crime ridden streets. The people here are the worst I that I ever seen,extremely bad attitudes, coldest, cruelest, most selfish, greedy undesirables, its a me first attitude, and I`ll kill you if you have something to say about it.(many here carry knifes, and razors blades) The shootings here are so bad, that I refer to some ares of the city as shooting galleries, Also the lazy-homeless that are homeless by their own choice, as they refuse to pay for anything, and get all they can from shelters, social services, and even the jails(they use that to further their plight). They know how long stays are at shelters, and they can go back to the trough and sponge off the good people, tax pays .Ex offenders turned shelters into a prison like environment. I have seen feeding frenzies the likes of which belong to animals-feed the pigeons and you`ll see what it is I`m talking about, and therefore this city, social services, courts, police, shelters band together and put a stop to this selfishness once and for all, and these people,and their activities will go..

A man loving a man,(very strongly) and showing that affection through, kiss, touch, caress, and humping his thigh even fully clothed isn`t a problem.(it appears to be anal sex that the bible frowns on).

Have I ever had a relationship with a man, yes I lived with him for 2 years too.

A hot hunk built like a football player/wrestler blond hair, blue eyes, apx. 225-250 lbs, very smooth skin, and I humped those smooth thighs of his. Humped him while he wore skin tight leathers, naked, in the shower, bath tub out side, in bed and on my bike(A GOLD WING), he too loved rubbing it on the seat. He looked good in my leathers, and helmet, and we were into the same stuff, outdoors, camping, riding my motorcycle, traveling, then life took him else were, and that was that.

The last guy I humped(his thighs) was of a similar description as my former lover mentioned above, and that was on the fly, and over 3 years ago.

It is the marrying, and worse when there are children involved that the problem lies.

The Bible, while I try to live by the KJV Bible, a very disturbing thing has been happing:

1], There are a multitude of bibles out there, with just one word changed in any passage, takes on an entirely different meaning.

2], And old faithful (KJV) too is subject to it`s original meaning, and such.

3], And it is in the Bible that there were several books therein, that were stolen, and lost, and therefore the bible is incomplete-.

4], I believe in God, and use a Bible as a guide (KJV), yet I do not feel guilty when humping thighs of man or a vinyl seat on a motorcycle.

So with that said, on with this;

I`m bi(with guys being humped-their thighs-thigh humping and humping in general kept me out of real trouble, protected the family, and kept me safe, and there is truth to masturbating(humping) that it relieves tension, sexual tension that is).

Some where in the Bible I read that thighs are the symbol of strength, and thighs are symbol of pleasure, and I love to rub it on the thighs of men.

The bible makes no mention of masturbation which humping is (French call it frottage which is rubbing).

and that if you get it(semen-aka cum)on leathers, saddles, and your self, it basically says to clean it up.

So about my self:

At a very early age, and I do mean very early age I learned how it worked-without anyone showing or telling me anything-and that may have been the biggest help here, plus no books, magazines, movies were around to show me either, I would learn for myself.

I rubbed it on those very shiny vinyl bicycle banana seats, a very smooth, and shiny saddle of a fiber glass horse(the kind that was mounted to a spring steel metal support,(the rocking motion really helped here), real cars, corvette bodies, snowmobile seat, and motorcycle seats, and I had the hots for thighs too, and humped them as well.

Even back then I would learn about leathers, like racing leathers, race suits, touring leathers, vinyl,like jackets, rain coats, car seats rubber boots, and rain wear, smooth plastic, like helmets, large toy cars, sun glasses and such.

Then I would learn about fetishes, like cars, motorcycles, spandex(cyclists thighs) leathers, vinyl, rubber, latex, helmets, du rags (this one was much later in life-and a shiny du rag is hot when humping a hunk`s thigh. uniforms.

...and fantasy too... humping guys thighs in gear, wrestlers, football players, athletes, cyclist, bikers, bat man, and robin, and the Bat mobile, Bat cycle, Bat plane, Speed Racer, and the Mach 5, Knight Rider, and Kit. One fantasy came true, and that was humping a real, and very sexy, and shiny airplane.

This really took off when I would see motorcycle cops. With or without a cape, the helmet, leather jacket, boots, the bike, and their builds(body), and those shiny helmets, with their sun glasses a real turn on with me, I like to see them in skin tight leathers, vinyl, or rubber authentic uniforms, and in the summer, skin tight black, or dark blue pouch pants, power thighs that are smooth, with a natural shine to the skin, black shiny boots, pvc vest worn over a white tee shirt, sun glasses, shiny police helmet(shorty) , for me, my real life super heroes--and then came bicycle cops in shorts

I love to rub it on the smooth skin of their thighs, the leathers, and the soft, and smooth, shiny vinyl seats of motorcycles. The closest that I ever came to this is humping guys who rode motorcycles, and wore the gear(which ranged from skin tight leathers, vinyl , and rubber uniforms. And those muscular thighs with their ever so smooth skin(hump many a thighs that fit that description.

I have humped many a motorcycle seats,like gold wings((owned several-one was a an early 80s model with a seat to die for, humped it like mad), kawasaki, 900/1000/ltds Suzuki GS 1400, AND HAVE HUMPED JUST THE SEAT IT SELF IN BED,THE SHOWER,AND THE BEST A BATH TUB OF HOT AND SOAPY WATER-vinyl is a rubber like, very smooth, and shiny,. Cars got it too when I was a kid mustangs got humped a lot,a Porsche as did the plastic/fiberglass bodies of vets. Fork lifts seats, snowmobiles dirt bikes---working in the shops really helped my humping a lot. leathers got it too,as did helmets. Yes I had a hot hunk blue eyes,blond hair smooth skin(thighs got it the most)humped him in and out of my skin tight leathers,and he would like it when I was humping him bent over my gold wing as he too loved the soft,and smooth vinyl as he rubbed it, and siding on that seat, till he got off on it.

I have humped a bike like it was being raped, I squirted the extremely shiny seat with baby oil, which is very slippery. I laid the bike down, a gold wing it was. got completely naked, and up on the bike and humped that smooth, and very slick seat. The bike had case guards around the engine, and got the bike rocking. I was like the bike was trying to get away,and I said oh no you don`t humping, and rocking her harder, and harder until I blew my load all over that shiny seat.

When I was a child, I couldn't`t keep it off a girls thigh either, and they love to rub it on bicycle seats. my legs,and a very large very smooth, and shiny black plastic jet, she loved the nose, and I humped its body, big enough to get on, and strong enough to hold my weight, we did it not knowing what it was all about, only that it felt good.

Dreamed of humping Wonder Woman`s thighs, bat girl, and her bike, rubber woman, as I grew older, I drifted away from humping woman, and later found out that it was a good that it happened that way.

As for humping a woman`s thigh today, sure, I would tell her that I`m bi, and ask if she is spoken for, yet I don`t go looking, but at the same time, I would love to have a woman, built like wonder woman, who likes her thighs to be humped rather then intercourse, and is bi too, she`ll better understand, and relate to me and where I`m coming from, and is in to the same things that I`m into too.

Marriage is a Sacred, and Holy Place/thing, between a man, and a woman, and of these two people, their children be of,for the marriage certificate, is also a certificate of authenticity of the children thereof, that they are the real, and genuine article, which is recipicated in their birth certificates too.

For Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them, and a happy home is a disciplined child

For me, family did not happened, it was instead obliterated before I came into the world,, one ran out and dies, the other abandons me., and is dead also, I believe that I`m here because of they were ignorant to abortion. Family then was in trouble, it has gotten worse now.

I was in and out of several different foster homes till I aged out of the system, of which I was subjected to extreme acts of physical abuse, and denied all things good.

Entered into a world/life of nothingness, lived a life of nothingness, and aged out of a failed system into a future of nothingness, I`m living proof of what happens when a family is denied.

I MUST MAKE CLEAR THAT I DON`T WANT WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN, just stating the following for example---I lost, and can never recover it are things like ancestry, heritage, roots, linage, family crest/ coat of arms, in life are the things like where born, community, neighborhood, schools, churches, youth, adolescents, where raised, grew up, and what done in life with respect to following the foot steps of ones dad, military, and the legacy left behind after passing...for had I been reared up in all matters of right, and properness, I would have long been married, and reared up several children in all matters of right and properness also.

Today, I`m a middle age failure, a poor and impoverished nobody, who is not much to look at either.

I`m a defender of the family, whereby I protect, defend, and preserve the family from extinction---IF THE FAMILY GOES---WE`VE HAD IT.

Yet, should a hot hunk wearing the gear, has the toys, offer me a good time, I will be a humping his thighs, leathers and his motorcycle, in short---Humping the thighs of men, always, and forevermore.

Sincerely,
{Name redacted so I don't get hunted down like a Gold Wings motorcycle}

Yes, this was all posted in a public forum.

Lobstaman
Nov 4, 2005
This is where the magic happens

Cichlidae posted:

endless ramblings of one of CT's finest

:stare:

sweet jesus.

Did this make its way to Gov Malloy?

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Lobstaman posted:

:stare:

sweet jesus.

Did this make its way to Gov Malloy?

I can only assume he's seen it at some point; our friend likes to send copies to everyone he can. This was posted in the Hartford Advocate about... 2 years ago? I'm sure parts of it have made it into emails, letters, and manifestos scrawled in urine and blood on walls statewide.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Through that Wild West paragraph, I was worrying Ronald Reagan had risen from the dead and was writing cranky letters to the editor.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Cichlidae posted:

Yes, this was all posted in a public forum.

That level of crazy: only in Hartford :allears:

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Derpes Simplex posted:

That level of crazy: only in Hartford :allears:

East Hartford, technically. I have a project right near his house (he puts his address and date of birth in all of his online comments). Thank goodness I'm not installing any mast arms!

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
What would you do with something like this?
http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/quake1/bp36.jpg

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Mandalay posted:

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/quake1/bp36.jpg

Re-sign it as a divided highway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mandalay posted:

Pretty awesome that it split right down the lines like that.