Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

A little off-subject, but un-modded Oblivion was a charmless boilerplate RPG that took all of the lore and personality of the TES series and threw it out the window.

Really? I think the central story of Oblivion was far too forgettable (I finished it once, pretty much just for the sake of finishing it) but the hours spent running around and biting people while on fire, slaughtering town guards, and stealing everything just to provoke a reaction made up for it. It was the same retarded garbage I always got up to in Ultima when given half a chance.

F3 was more of the same; the main story was, I guess, all right. But I won't forget piling 200 pieces of pre-war money on my chair in my megaton house, sitting in the middle of the pile like a pimp. And then, piling land mines under it, and throwing nuka grenades into the pile so that the money flew around and murdered Fawkes, who was chilling on the upper balcony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Hey Cream-of-Plenty, I thought you said that you added Naky's gun pack to the OP? I don't see it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I know how to program but the GECK sure is a big mess of all the poo poo together.

I thought it would be a script but it seems to be part of quest called GoAAlternateDoctors which adds the dialogue for doctors healing his custom nicotine addiction spell and for asking for cigarettes. I think you can just delete it from the Topics section of the quest, save the plugin and no more questions.

What puzzles me is why he didn't just use the existing addiction for tobacco and make it reference that. It looks like you can be separately addicted to Coyote Tobacco Chew and the mod's cigarettes when they should both cover the same addiction.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Carecat posted:

I know how to program but the GECK sure is a big mess of all the poo poo together.

I thought it would be a script but it seems to be part of quest called GoAAlternateDoctors which adds the dialogue for doctors healing his custom nicotine addiction spell and for asking for cigarettes. I think you can just delete it from the Topics section of the quest, save the plugin and no more questions.

What puzzles me is why he didn't just use the existing addiction for tobacco and make it reference that. It looks like you can be separately addicted to Coyote Tobacco Chew and the mod's cigarettes when they should both cover the same addiction.

If you fix it, be sure to throw up the ESP. It really is annoying to ask everyone in the stinking world if they have a cigarette for me.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
If it's set as the active file will save just save the changes you make into the plugin ESP?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Carecat posted:

If it's set as the active file will save just save the changes you make into the plugin ESP?

Yeah, basically. Your ESP will be 'the latest version' kind of deal.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Naky posted:

If you fix it, be sure to throw up the ESP. It really is annoying to ask everyone in the stinking world if they have a cigarette for me.

Did this for personal use a while ago, removes the "can I bum a cigarette" dialogue and nothing else.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTAX8BRN

Magic
May 18, 2004

Your ass is on my platter, snapperhead!
Naky is fully hosted on my site, so if any other mods would like hosting then just drop me an email (ben.brown@talk21.com). I can offer a subdomain, a page on the site as well as lots of diskspace courtesy of Dreamhost.

Also, I'm still interested in doing some sort of PC dialog mod - how would I best get started?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SheepNameKiller posted:

Did this for personal use a while ago, removes the "can I bum a cigarette" dialogue and nothing else.

To be used in conjunction with or as an ESP replacement?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Naky posted:

To be used in conjunction with or as an ESP replacement?

It is a replacement ESP for the original.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

perianwyr posted:

Really? I think the central story of Oblivion was far too forgettable (I finished it once, pretty much just for the sake of finishing it) but the hours spent running around and biting people while on fire, slaughtering town guards, and stealing everything just to provoke a reaction made up for it. It was the same retarded garbage I always got up to in Ultima when given half a chance.

F3 was more of the same; the main story was, I guess, all right. But I won't forget piling 200 pieces of pre-war money on my chair in my megaton house, sitting in the middle of the pile like a pimp. And then, piling land mines under it, and throwing nuka grenades into the pile so that the money flew around and murdered Fawkes, who was chilling on the upper balcony.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I was mainly commenting on the game itself, and how you really do have to be an rear end in a top hat and make meta-games out of the game in order to actually enjoy it. Oblivion's storyline, presentation, and lore left a lot to be desired when it followed in the footsteps of a game like Morrowind.

KakerMix posted:

Hey Cream-of-Plenty, I thought you said that you added Naky's gun pack to the OP? I don't see it.

Ex post facto, I've just thrown Magic's host up on the OP for Naky's mod. So no worries!

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Naky posted:

The armory is the most unoptimized room out of it all. Those blank shelves? They're not actually blank. They're full of ammo already prearranged and Faded's comment about how things render all the time? Yeah, even if you can't see it, all that ammo's still rendering. It's also why if you ever put anything on those shelves and come back later you'll find it moved or on the ground, etc. The physics are clashing when you're not around. Combine that with how his script works with taking and displaying and you've got a big recipe for eventual disasters. Don't get me wrong, I'm no scripting guru but I do wonder if there's not a more efficient way to do what he does at times.

Jeeeeesus.
Yea, the weapon display wall is a big pain as well, I did not expect it to show some variations of weapons because of other mods and such but now I'm figuring out how it COULD do that. Plus the "Trophy Room" included needed feng Shui to really shine. Given the armory wall will show the "special" versions of vanilla weapons above all else I'm starting to get brave enough to peek into the GECK and see how this works.

I've gone from "this is broken, help" to "I think I can optimize this blah blah"
This drat thread making me learn.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

TalkieToaster still post in this thread? Was just curious if the NV version of companion share and recruit was still coming along, I actually kind of miss all your mods from FO3.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SheepNameKiller posted:

Thanks for this. Exactly what I was looking for.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
By the way, for those of you using the armory, if there are any weapons you like that lack weapon mods, now is the time to start speaking up and requesting. Once I'm done the next batch of guns, adding weapon mods is the next thing on the plate.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Naky posted:

By the way, for those of you using the armory, if there are any weapons you like that lack weapon mods, now is the time to start speaking up and requesting. Once I'm done the next batch of guns, adding weapon mods is the next thing on the plate.

The the AK type rifles and the WA2000 could do with a few more mods, certainly some sort of red dot or Aimpoint on the WA2000. And some of the energy weapons like that recharger pistol.

Also on that note, the WA2000 is a Semi-Automatic rifle in real life, in game you've set it to be bolt action.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

homerlaw posted:

The the AK type rifles and the WA2000 could do with a few more mods, certainly some sort of red dot or Aimpoint on the WA2000. And some of the energy weapons like that recharger pistol.

Also on that note, the WA2000 is a Semi-Automatic rifle in real life, in game you've set it to be bolt action.

I know, the WA2000 is a bullpup gun so the animation would never have been right. So I didn't bother. It is, however, fixed with the test build :)

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
GECk is a huge mess. Everything is references to other stuff, it's badly in need of flow charts for scripts or items.

Is there a way to filter out everything that isn't changed or used by the mod?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Carecat posted:

GECk is a huge mess. Everything is references to other stuff, it's badly in need of flow charts for scripts or items.

Is there a way to filter out everything that isn't changed or used by the mod?

FO3Edit. Or FNVEdit I guess.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Click here for the full 1680x1050 image.

So many mods going into that screenshot.

The cigarette mod made me think about a mod that made your character eat and drink using their hands. Drinks would be easiest, the NPCs already drink. With a bit of work you could might be able to have first person animations too.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
There's a mod for that.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So many mods, but no Readius? How come? Try the Pip-boy 3500 skin, if you are concerned about it not being lore-friendly. Matter of fact, I would pretty much recommend that for the OP as well. There's no reason for the Courier to even have a pip-boy, other than the Doc ramming into your back pocket on your way out the door.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Flaky posted:

So many mods, but no Readius? How come? Try the Pip-boy 3500 skin, if you are concerned about it not being lore-friendly. Matter of fact, I would pretty much recommend that for the OP as well. There's no reason for the Courier to even have a pip-boy, other than the Doc ramming into your back pocket on your way out the door.

Did they fix the thing where the readius didn't appear until your hand was fully in position in front of your face because that annoyed the poo poo out of me way to much to ever bother using it.

Edit: that and the changing between stats and items being on the left instead of the bottom never felt natural.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Clever Spambot posted:

Did they fix the thing where the readius didn't appear until your hand was fully in position in front of your face because that annoyed the poo poo out of me way to much to ever bother using it.

I think it depends how quickly you computer can load the texture. I have seen the animation work smoothly, but then again, if frames are low it doesn't load the texture quick enough (or something). I thought it worth the compromise anyway, as it vastly (imo) improves screen shots.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Clever Spambot posted:

This actually annoyed me enough to uninstall the Readius after trying it out as well, it's pretty jarring to see an empty hand pop up and the readius pop up a second or two later. I get the hate for the pipboy but some people like me don't actually mind it, plus it doesn't wreck my immersion quite as much as the alternative.

Edit: I really like the Mojave Tin Pip-boy too, which is my reskin of choice. It's very high quality and has a great western feel to it that makes it fit in with the game really well.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38360

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 22, 2011

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Clever Spambot posted:

Did they fix the thing where the readius didn't appear until your hand was fully in position in front of your face because that annoyed the poo poo out of me way to much to ever bother using it.qwqw

This is why I uninstalled it when I started over from scratch. It doesn't appear properly some of the time, the buttons don't have the current selection lit on draw (picky picky), it likes to bug weapons into your left hand...

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
NVSE Release Candidate Beta 7 was released about 10 minutes ago for anybody who can't play because of the Steam update. It's not the final version but it should work until then. Look for ianpatt's posts.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
EDIT: HAHA ^^^

Godamnit playing without Project Nevada is annoying after getting used to it. I hope they update NVSE soon.

Also I just bought Dead Money but it's not activating? Could one of my mods be preventing it from launching or something?

EvilMuppet fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 22, 2011

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

Running 1.86 miles without dying is literally impossible

Carecat posted:

it likes to bug weapons into your left hand...

I noticed this too, but just strafing to the left fixes it oddly enough, although I thought it was Naky's Armoury that did it, not Readius.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Dementedghost posted:

I noticed this too, but just strafing to the left fixes it oddly enough, although I thought it was Naky's Armoury that did it, not Readius.

My pack is literally just new weapons, some new modkits for them, and two new pieces of ammo for the crossbow. That's it, I promise! You can double check it with FNVEdit! :) If there's really weird stuff happening with your game, the odds of it being my pack are fairly low.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

EvilMuppet posted:

EDIT: HAHA ^^^

Godamnit playing without Project Nevada is annoying after getting used to it. I hope they update NVSE soon.

Also I just bought Dead Money but it's not activating? Could one of my mods be preventing it from launching or something?

Might not actually be activated yet on their servers, and is just preloaded. It is still the 21st on the Right Coast after all.

e: I can't even find it on Steam sooooo.

e2: Apparently it's up in some regions and not others.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Dickeye posted:

Might not actually be activated yet on their servers, and is just preloaded. It is still the 21st on the Right Coast after all.

e: I can't even find it on Steam sooooo.

e2: Apparently it's up in some regions and not others.

Weird, I defiantly bought it and can see the page for it and everything.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

EvilMuppet posted:

Weird, I defiantly bought it and can see the page for it and everything.

The Vault says it's up in some European regions for sure, but not everyone has it yet.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

I already started retexturing the Dead Money BAR :'D
Am I sad or what?

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Arenovalis posted:

I already started retexturing the Dead Money BAR :'D
Am I sad or what?

You are awesome, that’s what. Is this coming out in a new version of FOOK?

Also I have to admit, I’d like to see you texture some contemporary weapon mods. Just for the sake of replayability, I’ve been using guns like the FN SCAR that could use better texturing. There’s also a Beretta M92 Samurai Edge mod on the Nexus that needs some texture and GECK scripting help.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
Well it's gonna be a part of my retexture project (which is also a part of FOOK) so yeah technically :D

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

Arenovalis posted:

Well it's gonna be a part of my retexture project (which is also a part of FOOK) so yeah technically :D

Great. Here’s hoping FOOK has a nice update in store. I use it more for the various fixes than the ported FO3 content, have to admit.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Terpfen posted:

There’s also a Beretta M92 Samurai Edge mod on the Nexus that needs some texture and GECK scripting help.

The M92SE's mesh is half the issue. It's not really set up for NV type animation. It was easier for me to nuke the original mesh and somewhat rebuild it using existing models than to try to make it work but it's still not really true to the design.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

Naky posted:

The M92SE's mesh is half the issue. It's not really set up for NV type animation. It was easier for me to nuke the original mesh and somewhat rebuild it using existing models than to try to make it work but it's still not really true to the design.

Tell the mod author. He’s been struggling with bugs the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

My game is updating now, hopefully be able to play Dead Money soon.

EDIT: Yup, playing now.

EvilMuppet fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 22, 2011