Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

And there's a new NVSE already. That was fast work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Are we going to have to wait for an update on every single mod now though or should they all generally work? I see that I have to update the stutter remover seperately just from ianpatt's posts...

Also, I downloaded the updated NVSE before I got Dead Money, now when I launch FOMOD it tells me I need the latest update to New Vegas. Is it referring to Dead Money and I just have to downgrade to the other NVSE until I get Dead Money or has there been a patch recently also I wasn't aware of somehow?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 22, 2011

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Are we going to have to wait for an update on every single mod now though or should they all generally work? I see that I have to update the stutter remover seperately just from ianpatt's posts...

Overall they should Just Work, it's only a DLC update after all. NVSE had to be updated because the exe had changed, but most mods care about the assets rather than the exe.

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

Running 1.86 miles without dying is literally impossible

Naky posted:

My pack is literally just new weapons, some new modkits for them, and two new pieces of ammo for the crossbow. That's it, I promise! You can double check it with FNVEdit! :) If there's really weird stuff happening with your game, the odds of it being my pack are fairly low.

Yeah I see that now, just the first time I experienced the bug was after I installed your mod. Pure coincidence.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

56 pages to trawl through, got as far as page 10 :ohdear:

I've searched on nexus but no joy and also had a quick look on google, I was wondering if there was any weather mods to include snow? If not, might have to have a crack at making one myself.

(Yea I know the game location doesn't lend itself well to snow but eh, it's a game :D who knows what post-apocalyptical weirdness the weather could produce?)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

enri posted:

56 pages to trawl through, got as far as page 10 :ohdear:

I've searched on nexus but no joy and also had a quick look on google, I was wondering if there was any weather mods to include snow? If not, might have to have a crack at making one myself.

(Yea I know the game location doesn't lend itself well to snow but eh, it's a game :D who knows what post-apocalyptical weirdness the weather could produce?)

I saw this one:
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37130

no idea how it is though sorry.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Moridin920 posted:

I saw this one:
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37130

no idea how it is though sorry.

Awesome, I'll give it a shot :)

quote:

Unfortunately uploading a single file over 8 mb is impossible for me, so i had to split the files in three archives. Sry about extra hassle.

:doh:

going to leave a comment that it's impossible for me to download files smaller than 7.9Mb :D

edit: at first glance it looks like it adds a frozen wasteland style affair to the game environment, hoping to find snow falling as a weather effect :(

enri fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 22, 2011

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40499

That was fast. Adds Dead Money weapons to perk lists they're missing from.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Arenovalis posted:

I already started retexturing the Dead Money BAR :'D
Am I sad or what?

As always I'm a huge fan of your work, can't wait to see this in your pack.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I can't for the life of me get decent looking WH40K weapons into this game. Necromunda just isn't the same without the :spergin: weapons. There are some tasty meshes that have appeared on the Fallout 3 nexus since I last dabbled, but my clumsy efforts to port them over have all failed, and the author has said nothing about porting them other than that other people aren't allowed to. What do I need to know to give it a shot for personal use?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Kind of off-topic, but i remember playing Oblivion mods and even running a few that are guaranteed to work together wind up breaking everything i hold dear.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, has time passed enough so that when you play a later game that i really like, like say, Fallout:New Vegas, the chances of mods destroying your game are much, much less compared to an old game like oblivion?

I haven't played Oblivion since 2008 but I recall a lot of critical errors just by walking ten loving steps somewhere, with or without mods.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fargin Icehole posted:

Kind of off-topic, but i remember playing Oblivion mods and even running a few that are guaranteed to work together wind up breaking everything i hold dear.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, has time passed enough so that when you play a later game that i really like, like say, Fallout:New Vegas, the chances of mods destroying your game are much, much less compared to an old game like oblivion?

I haven't played Oblivion since 2008 but I recall a lot of critical errors just by walking ten loving steps somewhere, with or without mods.

It's way way more stable than Oblivion modding, especially early Oblivion modding. You'll get crashes and some save game corruptions (if you have tons of mods, I'm not really sure what causes that to be honest) but dude Oblivion was a nightmare and this isn't. I think the save game corruption issue is more with the Gamebryo engine and how it handles autosaving and saving more than the mods themselves though. I actually just had to scrap a playthrough and start over but that was around 60+ hours in and it was the character I was using to stability test tons of different mods (I just counted and I have right around 100 mods in my load order and it runs perfectly fine except for that one issue I just mentioned).

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 22, 2011

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011
Is anyone's FOMM crashing on startup? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. My crashdump looks similar to the ones on the nexus, with the "Input string not in a correct format" error.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Convicted Lovebot posted:

Is anyone's FOMM crashing on startup? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. My crashdump looks similar to the ones on the nexus, with the "Input string not in a correct format" error.

Are you running it as administrator? That's really the only thing I can think of since mine isn't installed in the same folder as NV or anything.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

Are you running it as administrator? That's really the only thing I can think of since mine isn't installed in the same folder as NV or anything.

Mine isn't installed in the same folder as NV either, and I've tried running it as admin. I guess I should elucidate, FOMM won't start up at all, the crash dialog box comes up immediately. On top of that, my game has started crashing randomly, though that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Convicted Lovebot posted:

Mine isn't installed in the same folder as NV either, and I've tried running it as admin. I guess I should elucidate, FOMM won't start up at all, the crash dialog box comes up immediately. On top of that, my game has started crashing randomly, though that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Hmm... When did it start happening? Are you using NVSE? Because I think Steam did an update for the Dead Money release and that would break your NVSE and would cause issues; still doesn't really explain FOMM not even starting but if you uninstalled and installed it to no avail it makes me think there's an issue with NV itself somehow.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

Hmm... When did it start happening? Are you using NVSE? Because I think Steam did an update for the Dead Money release and that would break your NVSE and would cause issues; still doesn't really explain FOMM not even starting but if you uninstalled and installed it to no avail it makes me think there's an issue with NV itself somehow.

I don't have Dead Money, but I have updated and it's been crashing. I have updated NVSE, though I don't think that would have anything to do with it, as from the crashdump this looks like an internal FOMM error. I just checked the crash logs, and I found something interesting: FOMM does not seem to be accessing or modifiying its crash logs, as I tried to install an older version of FOMM earlier, (which wouldn't run due to the patch,) and the crashdump has not changed from that.

Ninja edit: FOMM isn't updating the crashlogs, even when run as admin. This is weird.

I'M RETARDED, IGNORE THIS
EDIT2: I think I may have found it. Comparing NVSE beta 7's supported version of fallout, my game exe's version, and the value in FOMM's config file, I noticed a huge discrepancy. NVSE supports 1.2.0.352, while FOMM apparently wants 2.0.50727. Of course, I could be grasping at straws here, as I know nothing about XML, but it might be worth a shot.

Convicted Lovebot fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 23, 2011

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
There is a new version of the Underground Hideout.

quote:

V2.9

Simulation system
-outdoor hunting simulation
-indoor combat simulation
-shooting range with mini games

Other stuff
-Re-designed utility room
-trash incinerator
-fixed bath water
-Steamy showers
-Sinks with running water
-toilets flush ;-)
-nuka cola machine makes ice cold colas
-shelf labels in armory (ammo types/placement)
-fixed falling weapon on weapons wall (if you have one, tell me which one is falling off or I cant fix it.)
-Changed pinpoint stock
-Roscoe has fixed laser and a silencer in place of scope (use 10mm laser and silencer)
-lock-down system lights and sound changed
-improved auto doors (wont shut in your face)
-Window Blinds now animated with sound

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Roman posted:

Jeez… really?

rope kid, if you’re out there, could you talk about this? Why are there so many of these bugs? I’m not complaining, just genuinely curious how this stuff falls through the cracks.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Terpfen posted:

Jeez… really?

rope kid, if you’re out there, could you talk about this? Why are there so many of these bugs? I’m not complaining, just genuinely curious how this stuff falls through the cracks.

Not that I speak for him, but he did say in a thread on here that they are aware of a lot of bugs but due to time constraints they can only get to 'important' ones and count down from there.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Roman posted:

I saw this too. People seemed to have pulled apart the bsa file before they even bothered playing it last night. Hopefully this will be one of the files merged with the Community Compilation Patch when it's updated.

A Bakery Crime
Sep 2, 2006
D-O-W-N, and that's the way we get down!

KakerMix posted:

Not that I speak for him, but he did say in a thread on here that they are aware of a lot of bugs but due to time constraints they can only get to 'important' ones and count down from there.

There's something on the Bethesda forums about an upcoming patch 'optimising' the game for DLC. I would imagine it includes squashing bugs like that.

edit:

There's this:

Bethesda posted:

Wanted to let you know there's a new game update coming soon which will optimize the game for DLC and cover some issues reported in our forums – including performance and stability. We’ll let you know when the update is released.

and this from this morning:

Bethesda posted:

A new update is available on Steam. Like the recent PS3 update, this adds code support for DLC #1: Dead Money. We are still working on another update that contains additional fixes and changes and will update you soon on that.

A Bakery Crime fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 23, 2011

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I must have hosed something up with my mods, but every time I try to launch the game it crashes. I should have learned from modding this game before that keeping a backup of the vanilla game files is a good idea.

:v:

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Well I've got an interesting problem. When I check for updates in FOMM, it crashes. I cleaned out my registry and ran a clean install, but it keeps happening. Any advice?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

vandalism posted:

I must have hosed something up with my mods, but every time I try to launch the game it crashes. I should have learned from modding this game before that keeping a backup of the vanilla game files is a good idea.

:v:

My game started crashing on launch when I hosed something up with DarnUI. Reinstalling everything that alters the HUD with Unified HUD Project last fixed it. Another common cause is forgetting to uncheck some compatibility patch for a mod you don't have anymore, like unchecking Electro-City and forgetting to uncheck Electro-City IWS Compatibility Patch or whatever.

Amorphous Blob posted:

Well I've got an interesting problem. When I check for updates in FOMM, it crashes. I cleaned out my registry and ran a clean install, but it keeps happening. Any advice?

That's happened to me too. If it crashes every single time, I guess stop checking for updates. :pcgaming:

jvempire
May 10, 2009

Amorphous Blob posted:

This kept happening to me, so I just stopped trying to check for updates and it worked fine.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

FadedReality posted:

My game started crashing on launch when I hosed something up with DarnUI. Reinstalling everything that alters the HUD with Unified HUD Project last fixed it. Another common cause is forgetting to uncheck some compatibility patch for a mod you don't have anymore, like unchecking Electro-City and forgetting to uncheck Electro-City IWS Compatibility Patch or whatever.

I had no compatibility patches, which may have been bad. It was just weird. Everything was working fine in game for a few minutes, then it crashed due to something I already had problems with. After that I tried fiddling with the perk mod, and it crashed on launch. I hosed around with enabling and disabling certain mods, only to have it lock up every time. I went so far as disabling and deleting every mod I had, and it still became unresponsive at launch. That was just using the fallout esm, the caravan pack, and dead money. Weird. I deleted it all and am going to start from scratch, but this time I'm going to back up all my files before I start modding anything.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Flaky fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 23, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Flaky posted:

In the year 40,000, muzzle flashes will be 18 inches ahead of the muzzle.

Nice Bolter model though.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Can someone post their modular setup for the XFO armor revamp? I've tried two different combos and all of them have me emptying entire clips of 9mm into convicts for basically zero damage. Also, Barton can take unlimited shotgun blasts to the face. Or is this whole module just not supposed to work?

(My ideal is that I shouldn't be able to take more than a couple hits before reaching for a stim/med-x, and that if I shoot a person in the head he dies.)

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
I get fairly frequent crashes for no real reason I can determine. I also get the bug where you need to kill yourself/die or the game crashes whenever you go to a new area/fast travel/save. Could it be something to do with my load order?:

FalloutNV.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
IWS-Core.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Traits.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Caliber.esm
CFWNV.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
NewVegasBounties.esp
XFO - 1aa - Accuracy Revamp - mild.esp
XFO - 1bb - Dmg - Non-Var - 2x.esp
XFO - 2ab - Armor - DR+DT - revamp - med.esp
XFO - 2da - Bleedthrough - 10% (from 20).esp
XFO - 3ae - rarity - ammo - easier.esp
XFO - 3be - rarity - caps - easier.esp
XFO - 3ce - rarity - meds - easier.esp
XFO - 4a - Perks - Paths.esp
XFO - 4b - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5b - Skills - SP Formula Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 5ea - Skills - Barter - Mild.esp
XFO - 6b - Pacing - Mild (No Cap).esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 7c - UnMSG - Sneak Status.esp
XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp
XFO - 8b - Speed Increases.esp
XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
XFO - 9ba - Enemies - NPC Health + low.esp
XFO - 9ca - Enemies - NPC Aim + low.esp
XFO - 9db - Enemies - NPC Healing - med.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-HighSpawns.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
pipboyx5.esp
Fellout.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
The.Armory.v1.esp
The.Armory.v1.Realism.Tweak.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp

Total active plugins: 57
Total plugins: 105

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!

physeter posted:

Can someone post their modular setup for the XFO armor revamp? I've tried two different combos and all of them have me emptying entire clips of 9mm into convicts for basically zero damage. Also, Barton can take unlimited shotgun blasts to the face. Or is this whole module just not supposed to work?

(My ideal is that I shouldn't be able to take more than a couple hits before reaching for a stim/med-x, and that if I shoot a person in the head he dies.)

I'd like this too, I'd like to recapture the feeling of "Guns are DANGEROUS, son!"

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

physeter posted:

Sinatrapod posted:

I'd like this too, I'd like to recapture the feeling of "Guns are DANGEROUS, son!"

Try this:

1bd - Dmg - Non-Var - 5x.esp (alternatively, use 1bg = Dmg - Skill-Var 5x.esp to keep a semblance of RPG: Weapons get more powerful with your skill in guns.)

2aa - Armor - DR+DT - revamp - low.esp (retools the system to use DR, but the low version doesn't increase the effectiveness of armor so drastically. Alternatively, you can use medium / high, but be forewarned that this would increase the effectiveness of enemy armor and you'd be back at square one again.)

All of the bleedthrough plugins increase the effectiveness of armor by reducing the bleedthrough percentage from a default of 20% to 10, 5, or 0 percent. If you want guns to be more lethal, don't use any of these plugins.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The newest test build of The Armory is up. 98% of the update content is in, along with a few more fixes and total weapon rebalancing to comparable vanilla values thanks to Anime Schoolgirl. I should mention that quite a few of the weapons are completely broken at this stage, but there's at least a dozen or so that should be fully working too. I also included Anime Schoolgirl's latest realism mod for the latest build.

In any case, I believe work on the leveled list integration can start now as a lot of the new weapons were imported with the Khans and Fiends in mind.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Terpfen posted:

Jeez… really?

I didn't have a whole lot to do with Dead Money, but generally speaking, stuff like this happens due to sheer volume of content and the complexities of separating content packages. For retail releases, managing data between the core .esm and DLC .esms can get tricky. We can't overwrite forms that exist in the core .esm through DLC .esm forms or we get into problematic load order issues where update.esp and the various DLC .esms overwrite changes multiple times (the different platforms all load these assets in different orders). That means that formlists that "should" be updated for DLC content should only be updated through script (just as they should be when modders add weapons).

Given that there are, including Dead Money weapons, close to 175 weapon forms in F:NV and over 100 perk forms, some of which rely on formlists to determine what they affect, making sure that every "i" is dotted/"t" is crossed is time consuming. The engine also doesn't have any implicit understanding about our arbitrary designations of what "kind" of weapon something is, which is why formlists are used. "Revolver" isn't a piece of data in the engine. "Plasma Weapon" isn't a piece of data in the engine. So when it comes to information like that, that is more arbitrary, it really is about learning and remembering all of the various perks that use formlists to determine what they affect. Then a designer has to write a game script to manually insert each weapon into the appropriate formlists and... you get the picture.

Not an excuse, but that's why.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In the year 40,000, muzzle flashes will be 18 inches ahead of the muzzle.

Nice Bolter model though.

Nonsense, the bolt round is just flying on a 180. And cloaked.

Reverse Jesus
Dec 25, 2004
Come on Cranky! Take it to the fridge!
I just installed ELECTRO-CITY: CompletedWorkOrders and started the game, Goodsprings now has lampposts but only the lights are visible. The posts show up as giant red diamonds with exclamation marks. Any ideas?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Reverse Jesus posted:

I just installed ELECTRO-CITY: CompletedWorkOrders and started the game, Goodsprings now has lampposts but only the lights are visible. The posts show up as giant red diamonds with exclamation marks. Any ideas?

Sounds like you didn't install the meshes properly. You should have a folder in your data / meshes folder labeled SCOL, with all of the lamps and light post .nifs inside. If not, something is wrong.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

rope kid posted:

I didn't have a whole lot to do with Dead Money, but generally speaking, stuff like this happens due to sheer volume of content and the complexities of separating content packages. For retail releases, managing data between the core .esm and DLC .esms can get tricky. We can't overwrite forms that exist in the core .esm through DLC .esm forms or we get into problematic load order issues where update.esp and the various DLC .esms overwrite changes multiple times (the different platforms all load these assets in different orders). That means that formlists that "should" be updated for DLC content should only be updated through script (just as they should be when modders add weapons).

Given that there are, including Dead Money weapons, close to 175 weapon forms in F:NV and over 100 perk forms, some of which rely on formlists to determine what they affect, making sure that every "i" is dotted/"t" is crossed is time consuming. The engine also doesn't have any implicit understanding about our arbitrary designations of what "kind" of weapon something is, which is why formlists are used. "Revolver" isn't a piece of data in the engine. "Plasma Weapon" isn't a piece of data in the engine. So when it comes to information like that, that is more arbitrary, it really is about learning and remembering all of the various perks that use formlists to determine what they affect. Then a designer has to write a game script to manually insert each weapon into the appropriate formlists and... you get the picture.

Not an excuse, but that's why.
Is it possible to have the "related perk" thing work in such a way that the weapon has the perk effects linked from it as opposed to having to have a fixed formlist that has to be appended to through patches or unofficial patches?

offtopic:
Is the ammo property spread-actually-modifying-sway fixed with this patch? I'm going to test it first thing in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Sinatrapod posted:

XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 6ba - Pacing - Mild (No Cap).esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 7c - UnMSG - Sneak Status.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
RWD-NV v1.3 [Standard Version].esp
Auto Aim Fix v1.1.esp

I actually use Realistic Weapon Damages for the whole damage overhaul. I think it handles it better than XFO, to be honest, or at least my game feels "better".