Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07
I'll have to disagree with Howard's ragging on Richard's choice of wedding date. Who cares when the couple pick their date really? Don't be such an ungrateful dick. Go to their wedding as a friend and support the man. Howard is totally in the wrong and being a complete douche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Holy poo poo Miss Howard TV has some long arms.

Click here for the full 640x426 image.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

-Atom- posted:

Artie's character 'the guy who laughs at everything' is one of the biggest reasons why I miss that fat load I almost stopped listening to the show.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I loved Artie (when he wasn't high) but also thought the "laugh at everything guy" was one of his weaker shticks.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Really? I must be way off then.

I thought it was hilarious.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

heavy liquid posted:

I loved Artie (when he wasn't high) but also thought the "laugh at everything guy" was one of his weaker shticks.

I really hate Artie, but I'd be willing to let him stay if he did that character all the time. It was one of the few genuinely funny things he ever did.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I've noticed for a while that people are really split when it comes to Artie's "Guy Who Laughs At Everything". Kind of like last week's episode of The Office. They either love or hate it.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

heavy liquid posted:

I've noticed for a while that people are really split when it comes to Artie's "Guy Who Laughs At Everything". Kind of like last week's episode of The Office. They either love or hate it.

I thought TVIV actually hated everything.

And then you have people who hated Howard tweeting commentary about his movie.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Today's show is a typical hate-on show:

- Miss Howard TV with sybian ride
- Jessica Hahn Interview
- Mr Skin in studio

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

" ... and those four murdered Americans won't be forgotten."

"Hey, you know what's great, Robin? Carbonite."

edit:

dyn posted:

I'll have to disagree with Howard's ragging on Richard's choice of wedding date. Who cares when the couple pick their date really? Don't be such an ungrateful dick. Go to their wedding as a friend and support the man. Howard is totally in the wrong and being a complete douche.

Yeah, that sounded insane. A wedding in the summer?? Ridiculous! Because everyone who lives in New York can afford to leave their homes in the summer. He and Robin both sounded like assholes.

Smeep fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 23, 2011

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Really? I must be way off then.

I thought it was hilarious.

I thought it was funny too but he ran it into the ground hardcore so fast :(

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm surprised Richard isn't getting married at Halloween, or at least in the fall for all that sweet, sweet pumpkin beer.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Vakal posted:

...that sweet, sweet pumpkin beer.

That's my faaavorite.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

dyn posted:

Getting married in the summer is far more common than getting married any other time. loving every weekend in June is booked up at just about any site worth going to.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

therapy posted:

Getting married in the summer is far more common than getting married any other time. loving every weekend in June is booked up at just about any site worth going to.

Pfff. Pleb.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
When is Richard's wedding?

EvilLemon
Sep 15, 2004
Squeeze me. I squirt.

therapy posted:

My gal is a wedding planner.
She has one wedding in March, one in April, and has every weekend booked from June to September except for 2.

Oh, and vendors know this so getting married in like March or February will save you a bucket of money. So will getting married on a Friday or Sunday.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

therapy posted:

As much time as Howard spends in the Hamptons, you'd think he'd know this.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
All the Richard talk, and today I got an email back from him about my ETM prank saying he would pass it on....

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
How dare Richard and his wife do what they want to do and not bend to the wills of the douchebags he works with and scheduling the wedding when it is most convenient for them. :argh:

Howard is such an out of touch douche.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
apparently some caller ragged on howard pretty severe on the wrap up show. trying to find some audio.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Its an extremely poor taste thing to rag on someone for their wedding. The entirety of the day is about the couple, not you complaining about how hot it is or what time its over or the food or anything else. Howard is well within his rights to say no but how hard is it to just say that and not rage over it for days like Howard did(Will said he was pissed about it at their dinner the other night) which is petty and low class.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
HOWARD WILL HAVE TO TAKE OFF TUESDAY IN ADDITION TO MONDAY AND FRIDAY TO GO TO THIS WEDDING! QUELLE HORREUR!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Millstone posted:

apparently some caller ragged on howard pretty severe on the wrap up show. trying to find some audio.

If it is the guy I am thinking of, he was the very first caller, at the beginning of the show. He really ripped Howard a new one.

Howard totally deserves it, too. Awesome that some dude that could buy and sell him a hundred times over is on the air commenting about how stupid his wedding is.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
You do realize Howard spent like 30 years ragging on his staff for stupid poo poo. He calls Bababooie that because he was mocking him over cartoon frames he was collecting. The whole point is to rag on people for stupid poo poo.

He is a dick whenever he does it, but I guess it just wasn't funny about Richard cause everyone loves him. Which is fine, Richard is awesome and hearing him get yelled at is like watching a puppy get beat.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Yeah, Howard was just looking for something to goof on. In this instance there was nothing there.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Yeah, Howard was just looking for something to goof on. In this instance there was nothing there.

There needs to be some stools at this wedding.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I got crap from my parents for getting married in the summer. Their fear was that many people wouldn't come which turned out to be true but I didn't really give a gently caress. I ended up with 230 people instead of the 300 I estimated.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I love the Fight Week stuff on 101, but what's annoying me is Howard's voice is exactly as we know it now, but everyone else's is really, really low. Which makes me wonder if Howard is such a baby and so vain about the sound of his voice that he took everyone's voice down just so he'd sound good.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

I really hate Artie, but I'd be willing to let him stay if he did that character all the time. It was one of the few genuinely funny things he ever did.

I don't get how anyone can hate Artie. He made the show sooooo much better. :(

Smeep posted:

I love the Fight Week stuff on 101, but what's annoying me is Howard's voice is exactly as we know it now, but everyone else's is really, really low. Which makes me wonder if Howard is such a baby and so vain about the sound of his voice that he took everyone's voice down just so he'd sound good.

Yeah, he totally did that.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I'll need the Mad Doctor to weigh in before I decide whether it's a crazy idea or not, thank you very much. :colbert:

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Smeep posted:

Well, I think Howard has used the same Mic for like 20 years or something and probably has had the same settings just as long.
The rest of the crew has gone through studio changes, engineer changes and equipment changes.
It is hopefully just a product of that.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream
It's fairly obvious that Howard's voice is deeper now than it used to be. Whether that's intentionally done through modulation or whether his voice is just deeper because he's older, nobody knows.

My gut feel on it is that he's doing it intentionally through the console somehow, because when you see him on talk shows and such his voice is much higher. Check the youtube videos from Letterman or Piers Morgan, then close your eyes. He sounds significantly different.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

But my theory is that he's doing something now to the tapes of his old shows to make his whiny older voice sound deeper, like it does now. Which makes him sound "normal" and everyone else sound much deeper than normal. I think we can be certain that he does something to it now as I believe he's said that before.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
His off the air voice is a bit nasally, which makes the Long Island come out a lot more. He brings it down on air now which removes some of that effect.

It's odd for sure, especially since Robin et. al. sounds almost exactly the same.

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn
I was seriously peeved at Richard getting goofed on today.

Richard is my faaaaaavorite

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Mr. Skin cracks me up but if he came on more often I'd hate him. I just laugh when he rattles off some obscure movie from 1983 because it had a nice shot of some bush sticking out of a pair of underwear.

The only caller I heard on the wrap up show was the one who had a monster take on the wedding. Gary said he would play it tomorrow for Howard, drat I hope he does.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

*does not attend the funeral of Gary's father because "Beth stubbed her toe"*
*attends funeral of Natasha Richardson, a celeb he barely knew*
*is Howard Stern*

Seriously, this isn't him being a comedian, he's just a lovely human being. If he can't schmooze and star gently caress these days, he isn't interested.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

*is Howard Stern*

Seriously, this isn't him being a comedian, he's just a lovely human being. If he can't schmooze and star gently caress these days, he isn't interested.

He's mutating into an Imus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

*is Howard Stern*

:lol: @ you.

How do you know how well Stern knows someone? I understand thinking he's shallow or obnoxious or has dumb reasons, but your judgment of Stern is pretty ludicrous.

Howard's been doing what he's been doing for 30 years now dude. It's about time he's had some success and can schmooze with the stars. Why do you give a poo poo?

Sounds like you're an angry person and just dump on poo poo because you hate your life.