Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I never get any weather with Nevada Skies URWL. I once had a thunderstorm after changing the frequency settings but that's all for twenty hours on my save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.
Same here. Wish I knew what's wrong. I've got the correct load order, and it's the last mod loaded.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Something is wrong because I've been using a minimal amount of mods and my poo poo is crashing at launch every time. I installed a few and then launched it, started a new game, it ran fine. Then I used FNVeditor to properly sort the load order and make a merged file for all my mods and now it crashes every time. What the poo poo?

This has happened like 5 times now. I will uninstall all of the mods then try to simply launch the 3 vanilla esms (FalloutNV, CaravanPack, DeadMoney) and it STILL crashes. I have to delete my data folder and replace everything just to get poo poo running again. Has anyone experienced this?

vandalism fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 23, 2011

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

vandalism posted:

:words:

In the Steam client request local file validation or whatever. I have to do that like every two weeks to stop constant crashes.

Edit: Steam Library > (right click New Vegas) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Carecat posted:

I never get any weather with Nevada Skies URWL. I once had a thunderstorm after changing the frequency settings but that's all for twenty hours on my save.

What did you change the frequency to? I think I set mine to medium from low and also didn't notice much weather, but then recently I finally had a sand storm for the first time. I'm thinking it might just have really low chances by default, and we're not lucky enough to roll a 20.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

vandalism posted:

Something is wrong because I've been using a minimal amount of mods and my poo poo is crashing at launch every time. I installed a few and then launched it, started a new game, it ran fine. Then I used FNVeditor to properly sort the load order and make a merged file for all my mods and now it crashes every time. What the poo poo?

This has happened like 5 times now. I will uninstall all of the mods then try to simply launch the 3 vanilla esms (FalloutNV, CaravanPack, DeadMoney) and it STILL crashes. I have to delete my data folder and replace everything just to get poo poo running again. Has anyone experienced this?

By "at launch" do you mean right away? Or do you make it to the menu first. If you're crashing before the slideshow even comes up, then your load order is borked.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

In the Steam client request local file validation or whatever. I have to do that like every two weeks to stop constant crashes.

Edit: Steam Library > (right click New Vegas) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity

Thank you so much! This just saved me a TON of frustration. That worked like a charm!

I seriously cannot stress how awesome this tip was. Everything is working so well right now, and I have a ton of mods going. :swoon:

vandalism fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 24, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Took a bit of a break tonight and ported over the Crysis nanosuit mod from Fallout 3. Seems to work perfectly along with the scripts that came with it for Maximum Armor, etc. Not sure if I'll use it, but it might be fun to use from time to time.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Getting back into this after gorging myself on slightly modded vanilla. Are any of the combat overhauls compatible with melee-only characters? And if so, do I have to use power armor or can I stick with the "normal" options?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I'm trying to make a health bar that expands in width as your HP increases, but I don't quite understand the xml markup for HUD. Is there a newbie's guide to HUD editing?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Flaky posted:

Hey, if you want to fix that muzzle flash issue, load up the .nif for the bolter in nifskope and edit the ProjectileNode so it's positioned at the end of the barrel.

And guys: This is the short of sloppy modding that Naky was correcting for when he did his gunpack, tiny niggling poo poo like that for 100+ guns now. He deserves major props for even bothering.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Amstrad posted:

And guys: This is the short of sloppy modding that Naky was correcting for when he did his gunpack, tiny niggling poo poo like that for 100+ guns now. He deserves major props for even bothering.

Muzzle flashes, misaligned iron sights, no iron sights, animation problems... very few guns in that pack had no issues before Naky got his hands on them. He also has the respectable view that any modder who finds their gun in his pack is welcome to take the fixed version and claim it as their own. Sadly, the spirit of sharing is not alive in the gamebryo modding scene.

Underground Hideout got an update last night. The performance patch that removed ambient lights is now the regular version and you need an optional ESP to add them in. I loaded it up in GECK and he added room markers :dance:, which explains why he didn't post a reply the other day when I asked him if he had plans to do so.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 24, 2011

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Amstrad posted:

Hey, if you want to fix that muzzle flash issue, load up the .nif for the bolter in nifskope and edit the ProjectileNode so it's positioned at the end of the barrel.

Sadly that is only the very beginning of the problems with that weapon. I would literally have to learn the entire weapon system from top to bottom to get it working adequately. For a start, it currently uses the Fallout 3 WSRP Double barrel shotgun fire sounds, which is nowhere near the saintly screech of a proper bolter. Fortunately for me I find it much more enjoyable to just stuff around with mods and take screen-shots than actually engage with the vanilla content of the game. I actually struggle to think of even a single thing that I haven't modded. Armor, weapons, textures, meshes, visual effects, weather, lighting, camera options, the entire combat mechanic, time, space - all these things are only tangentially related to Fallout NV anymore. The only thing I cant significantly mod, the storyline/worldspace, I ignore for the most part, other than killing it dead with 75mm depleted uranium ammunition. Admittedly, that is fun as hell.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Gyshall posted:

XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 6ba - Pacing - Mild (No Cap).esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 7c - UnMSG - Sneak Status.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
RWD-NV v1.3 [Standard Version].esp
Auto Aim Fix v1.1.esp

I actually use Realistic Weapon Damages for the whole damage overhaul. I think it handles it better than XFO, to be honest, or at least my game feels "better".

Yep this works, thanks, feels much closer to how a heavily modded FO3 ended up instead of a bad experimental version. I can see what XFO was going for but I'm not sure making some armors useful was worth making nearly all guns useless.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

physeter posted:

Yep this works, thanks, feels much closer to how a heavily modded FO3 ended up instead of a bad experimental version. I can see what XFO was going for but I'm not sure making some armors useful was worth making nearly all guns useless.

RWD is nice because it only touches global values, not individual armor values and poo poo. This way, it works well with weapon/armor mods. I balance out the easier 1-3 shot enemies problem by using IWS. Makes the game fast and fun as gently caress.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Flaky posted:

Sadly that is only the very beginning of the problems with that weapon. I would literally have to learn the entire weapon system from top to bottom to get it working adequately. For a start, it currently uses the Fallout 3 WSRP Double barrel shotgun fire sounds, which is nowhere near the saintly screech of a proper bolter. Fortunately for me I find it much more enjoyable to just stuff around with mods and take screen-shots than actually engage with the vanilla content of the game. I actually struggle to think of even a single thing that I haven't modded. Armor, weapons, textures, meshes, visual effects, weather, lighting, camera options, the entire combat mechanic, time, space - all these things are only tangentially related to Fallout NV anymore. The only thing I cant significantly mod, the storyline/worldspace, I ignore for the most part, other than killing it dead with 75mm depleted uranium ammunition. Admittedly, that is fun as hell.

If I have the time I could take a look at them. I was looking for more energy weapons to add anyway. Only problem is that I'm not familiar with the lore.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Cream, the URWL guy posted all of his mods here:

http://members.upc.nl/m.heijndijk/index.html

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Naky posted:

If I have the time I could take a look at them. I was looking for more energy weapons to add anyway. Only problem is that I'm not familiar with the lore.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Bolt_weapon

Imagine a Rocket Launcher firing fully automatically. Crazy destructive

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Naky posted:

Pretty much that, minus the blue and white iconography. Theres not really much else to say, anything that is can be found in the above link.
If you are looking for energy weapons might I suggest the meltagun?

The lexicanum entry for it is rather sparse unfortunately. It is essentially a tremendously powerful though very short ranged heat gun, designed primarily for melting through vehicle armor. A good source for a visual effect might be the 'Mister Gutsy' propulsion jet, followed by the enemy either exploding from the pressure of their core water being instantly vaporised or simply the 'critical' ash effect of the default laser rifle/pistol.

ed. link already above

Flaky fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 25, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Flaky posted:

Pretty much that, minus the blue and white iconography. Theres not really much else to say, anything that is can be found in the above link.

So on this, the ammo is basically small missiles? Think 40mm grenades 'cept with a more missile like trajectory?

I grabbed the meshes and did some work to correct them already, but I'm not exactly certain what the ammo acts like.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, it's like an automatic RPG launcher.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Hmmm. I got it imported, the IS more or less as good as it will get with that mesh, the new ammo made for it and all that but I can't quite get the magazine to animate nicely. It's being a very naughty gun right now.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Naky posted:

So on this, the ammo is basically small missiles? Think 40mm grenades 'cept with a more missile like trajectory?

They're have a hardened tip for penetration and are supposed to detonate inside the target. Standard bolter rounds are single-target, not area-of-effect (though that one target gets really messed up).

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

The Lone Badger posted:

They're have a hardened tip for penetration and are supposed to detonate inside the target. Standard bolter rounds are single-target, not area-of-effect (though that one target gets really messed up).

... well, that'd be quite a bit more work than I'd want to bother with. To be honest though, I probably won't put much more time into this thing. It's a pretty low quality mesh/texture in the first place too.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Yeah don't stress too much, the mesh is poor, and I cant see how the ironsights would work, as they are really chunky. I will definitely give your weapons pack a go when the levelled lists are in. Thanks for all your work.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I looked around at the mods posted, and there is alot. Is there a good overhaul recommended for a full play through (I got maybe 50% of the way through the game before my computer died)?

Is FOOK recommended and is it stable enough for a full playthrough? Otherwise is there any other sort of good overhaul mods recommended?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Flaky posted:

I cant see how the ironsights would work

Pfft. I can't recall ever seeing any artwork involving a space marine doing anything other than firing the bolter from the hip. Even on the table they're very much not a long range weapon. It's all about mid to short range fire for effect with those things. Plus the stuff they're shooting at is rarely man-sized, it's all hulking aliens and poo poo.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

“UberJumper” posted:

Is FOOK recommended and is it stable enough for a full playthrough?

FOOK is good for the amount of bugfixes and polish it adds to the game, but lately it’s been adding Fallout 3 content into the game (like weapons and raider/Fiend equipment) and I’m not a big fan of that. It’s worth a try but it’s probably not for everyone.

quote:

Otherwise is there any other sort of good overhaul mods recommended?

Try out Project Nevada.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Terpfen posted:

Try out Project Nevada.

I was sceptical that this mod would turn my game into a Modern Warfare RPG, but after trying it I really recommend it. The sprint function and visor mode made Dead Money feel really intense. Bullet time feels a bit useless though.

If you have purchased lots of implants though, a word of warning. Installing the cybernetics part of the mod rips them all out and forces you to pay for them to be put back in- and then limits how many you can have.

DirtyDiaperMask
Aug 11, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Co-sine posted:

I was sceptical that this mod would turn my game into a Modern Warfare RPG, but after trying it I really recommend it. The sprint function and visor mode made Dead Money feel really intense. Bullet time feels a bit useless though.

Any other mods you've tried that you'd(or anyone else) suggest to create more of a FPS-y feel? I was surprised to see how something as simple as iron sights improved on FO3, you no longer need to drop into VATS to be even half-way accurate.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Co-sine posted:

I find the PN bullet time to be not slowed enough, and have disabled that section of the mod to use DK bulletime instead.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

DirtyDiaperMask posted:

Any other mods you've tried that you'd(or anyone else) suggest to create more of a FPS-y feel? I was surprised to see how something as simple as iron sights improved on FO3, you no longer need to drop into VATS to be even half-way accurate.

I would definitely recommend Project Nevada for a FPS style, heck I find it great even for more RPG centric play, as the dynamic cross-hair makes the 3rd person view even remotely usable, and therefore some of the clunky weapon animations and clipping and the really awful skin texture on the hands less noticeable. Plus you get to see your blinged out character more. The other great thing about Project Nevada is that you can turn off all the tangential stuff you may not want like the grenade hotkey and night vision etc, some of which needs just a little tweaking before it is perfect. Stuff like the PN HUD icons do not match the transparency of your vanilla HUD etc and the sprint animations are pretty wooden. All great stuff in theory, but just needs one more update to be perfect.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

DirtyDiaperMask posted:

I posted my XFO setup a bit earlier in the thread - but this is my mod basic loadout for more "FPS"y gameplay:

Project Nevada
XFO with these modules:

quote:

XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 6ba - Pacing - Mild (No Cap).esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 7c - UnMSG - Sneak Status.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp

Increased Wasteland Spawns

Realistic Weapon Damages (basic version)

Realistic Death physics

Auto Aim Fix (Wrye Flash also has this tweak) - I actually use this version: Auto aim fix headshot edition but changed the master with FNVedit. May be the same thing.

Improved Sneak

Fall Damage ESP from here

Less Intrusive Kill Camera - because with IWS and quick deaths, the kill camera is loving annoying.

Manual Reload, which doesn't get nearly enough love. It's great.

The sum of all these mods gives you this:

- Fewer bullets to kill enemies
- You take much more damage
- Fall damage
- Slower backpedaling
- No auto aim
- More dudes to shoot with reduced XP per kill so you don't max level right away.

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

It is only logical to bang one's head

Amstrad posted:

Pfft. I can't recall ever seeing any artwork involving a space marine doing anything other than firing the bolter from the hip. Even on the table they're very much not a long range weapon. It's all about mid to short range fire for effect with those things. Plus the stuff they're shooting at is rarely man-sized, it's all hulking aliens and poo poo.

To be fair you'd assume that space marines have some kind of fancy HUD targeting system linked to their weapon and don't need to aim down the sights in order to be accurate. :spergin:

Anyway, yeah, the bolter sucks. I've been sitting on a better model, based on the old 2nd ed style and the dimensions of the Chinese assault rifle (so it actually fits the 2 hand automatic animations), but I've been too lazy to unwrap and texture it. Have some other 40k meshes too, but they're in the same state. Is there anyone that actually likes unwrapping stuff?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Myopic posted:

To be fair you'd assume that space marines have some kind of fancy HUD targeting system linked to their weapon and don't need to aim down the sights in order to be accurate. :spergin:

They do, actually. They're also so drat good at shooting that they don't really need to use it.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I crash to desktop every time I go through the ending monologue/scene. I haven't had any crash problems before this event so I can't guess what encounters are in the ending portion that might cause an error.

Here is my load order
FalloutNV.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
IWS-Core.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Traits.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
PMT - XPadjust.esp
PMT - Tougher XPadjust.esp
PMT - Non-Combat XP Reduced.esp
PMT - Slower Reloading.esp
PMT - Slower Reloading No Visible Perk.esp
PMT - Reduced Ammo and Chems.esp
PMT - Reduced Caps and Item Value.esp
PMT - Nastier mines and grenades.esp
PMT - Explosive Robots.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-MedSpawns.esp
IWS-AS-NoInteriorSpawns.esp
IWS-AS-EnableDebugInfo.esp
populatedcasino-light.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
Lore version.esp
URWLNV.esp
Nevada Skies.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
Stronger Dusters.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp

Total active plugins: 48
Total plugins: 48

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Myopic posted:

Anyway, yeah, the bolter sucks. I've been sitting on a better model, based on the old 2nd ed style and the dimensions of the Chinese assault rifle (so it actually fits the 2 hand automatic animations), but I've been too lazy to unwrap and texture it. Have some other 40k meshes too, but they're in the same state. Is there anyone that actually likes unwrapping stuff?

If you're willing to texture it, send me the meshes. I may not get to it right away, but I can give it a go. Just make sure that the shell ejection covers/charging handles if any are not actually integrated into the mesh itself along with the magazines. So unweld those first else it'll look fairly amateur.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is there a way to get the shell rain and enhanced brass/projectiles from Earache's mod without the five tons of bullshit and squeaky clean futureweapon props? That's all I want :(

That, and that Mossberg 590A1 with the full mag tube and heatshield :black101:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Is there a way to get the shell rain and enhanced brass/projectiles from Earache's mod without the five tons of bullshit and squeaky clean futureweapon props? That's all I want :(

Couldn't you load Mo.esm without any of the other bits? The shiny guns are in Mo Guns and Mo Suite, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Haven't been following the thread for a while, but is there any conflicts when I play Dead Money (just got it today)? Or any good mods for that mod to use.