Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
That's pretty sweet. I'm going to steal that cockpit design for something, I have a lot of those things laying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Go ahead, I kinda happened upon it by accident and it works really nicely. Here's some more pics for a new page.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Thanks SA, that thread revived my love for lego. Ordered this a while ago, its nearly done and very awesome!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

InfinEight posted:

Go ahead, I kinda happened upon it by accident and it works really nicely. Here's some more pics for a new page.

Some of the best things happen by accident, it's why when I build I use actual bricks instead of LDD or something. 90% of the time it's more frustrating but then you do some last ditch attempt and figure out something that you wouldn't if you were doing it virtually.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Doing it virtually might have helped on this one. Its actually really fragile without the dark green wing pieces holding it together, and it made adding details kinda annoying. But even still, I prefer tactile building too, plus its fun to fly it around as I build :D

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

This deserves it's own post :colbert:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/253738 or http://www.flickr.com/photos/blake-foster/sets/72157626088038574/

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
Oh hell yes.

More.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

einTier posted:

I love you.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
I'm glad we all think pretty much the same way around here.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

I still read that book every time I see it. Although I have to say, my favorite part was seeing all the variety of diggers and picking out the one I liked best that day.

After getting 2 each of Ice Dragons and Golden Staff Guardians for a total of $30, I noticed a box of S3 minifigs at TRU tonight. And since the buy one, get one half off applied to them, I figured "what the hell."

gently caress yes, I've wanted a Blacktron Cyborg ever since I saw pictures. I managed to pick them both out by feeling for the helmet, and same for the Indian Chief. The Hula Girl I thought was a Samurai, but she's still pretty cool. All in a all, a pretty nice haul for $40.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I just picked up Flying Mummy Attack and Angler Attack from the TRU sale. I've been wanting to pick up Flying Mummy attack for a while. That biplane looks eminently swooshable.

I have to say that when I first saw the Atlantis sets, they didn't really appeal to me. But I think the Undersea Explorer and Neptune Carrier are the two favorites sets I've gotten since getting back into Lego. And the Angler fish looks absolutely awesome. He might be the first bit of Lego to grace my work desk.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Every Pharaoh's Quest set is amazing, actually. One of the most fun lines I've seen.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

RabbitWizard posted:

Ordered this a while ago, its nearly done and very awesome!
It's finished. Cat not included.

Click here for the full 1000x750 image.

Click here for the full 1000x1194 image.

And just in time the next project arrived.

And i'm waiting for 6 new models for about 400€, thats what you get for being drunk on ebay :ohdear: Well, at least i won't be bored for some time.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

RabbitWizard posted:

:awesome:

And i'm waiting for 6 new models for about 400€, thats what you get for being drunk on ebay :ohdear: Well, at least i won't be bored for some time.

Damnit, this is fantastic. I really love the showcase-type Legos, the stuff that wouldn't look out of place when displayed in an office or living room. Hopefully I can gather some pennies and get hold of that Maersk stuff before it sky-rockets in price.

Oh God:

UH-3H Sea King by Mad physicist, on Flickr

UH-60 Blackhawk by Legohaulic, on Flickr

Creepy Goat fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 27, 2011

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I just went on a rampage for used Exo-force because I love mecha.

I probably spent way too much money but oh well.

Regret is a problem for the me in three weeks.

Electric Shoes
Oct 21, 2010
So I finally decided to get all of my old bins of Lego blocks back, and have begun the monumental task of sorting through all of these things. It's shaping up rather nicely.

I've been watching this thread for a little while now, drooling over the fancy new pieces that have been released, (I didn't have any sets since ~1999,) and have finally broken down and bought some new sets!

I picked up the outpost attack and prison tower rescue from the kingdoms line, the fight for the dagger POP one, and the two cheapies from Pharaohs quest. It seems that this has rekindled my burning need to constantly buy more Lego sets, I'd forgotten just how expensive they were!

Where do most of you buy full sets at? I was lucky and got in on the presidents day sale at Toys R Us, and now that it's gone I'm trying to find where I'll get the most bang for my Lego buck!

a sawing motion
May 15, 2009
I just spent $66 dollars on Bricklink. This is the start of either a lot of fun for me, or a steady drain on my savings. Either way, I can't wait to make spaceships and robots and robot spaceships.

Shipping kinda sucks though

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Saradiart posted:

I just went on a rampage for used Exo-force because I love mecha.

I probably spent way too much money but oh well.

Regret is a problem for the me in three weeks.

That's the joy of a regular paycheck! Even if you spend all your money now, you get more. I try to resist playing the game of Bank Account Blackjack : How close to 0 can I get my bank account without getting overdrawn?

BOGO LEGO sales at Toys R Us don't help.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Waiting for the chance to go MOC crazy on the $730 I spent on around 30+ sets from a craigslist offer. Includes the main Spyrius and Ice Planet sets, along with Blacktron, Space Police, a Unitron monorail, and some others all scrambled in a giant box. Basically all the sets I adored as a kid but never got.

I swore I wouldn't make any big purchases after getting a new TV for my parents, but I couldn't say no to nostalgia. I shaved off about $100 from the original asking price, but I could of probably bargained further.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

M. Propagandalf posted:

Waiting for the chance to go MOC crazy on the $730 I spent on around 30+ sets from a craigslist offer. Includes the main Spyrius and Ice Planet sets, along with Blacktron, Space Police, a Unitron monorail, and some others all scrambled in a giant box. Basically all the sets I adored as a kid but never got.

I swore I wouldn't make any big purchases after getting a new TV for my parents, but I couldn't say no to nostalgia. I shaved off about $100 from the original asking price, but I could of probably bargained further.

Sounds just like me back in October. Craigslist post of a guy selling all his old 90s sets, mostly Space-themed. No Unitron monorail, but main bases and the big ships from most of the 90s Space themes, and a bunch of smaller sets, around 35 total. He originally wanted $650 (which I think included some non-space stuff), he offered $500 for the bin of Space stuff, and I walked out with it after offering him the $342 I had in my wallet.

I still haven't gotten around to plugging all the missing bits into a Bricklink shopping list.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
I am embarking on a new project, ultimately destined for a Lego Store Community Window.

As the window is 15" x 20" x 23" this is just a small bit of it.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
Made the mistake of buying one of the series 3 minifigs yesterday. Now I'll have to buy them all.

Probably a bit of a newbie question, but is there any way of telling which ones are in the packets?

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

RedTeam posted:

Made the mistake of buying one of the series 3 minifigs yesterday. Now I'll have to buy them all.

Probably a bit of a newbie question, but is there any way of telling which ones are in the packets?

http://www.fbtb.net/2010/11/18/series-3-blind-pack-code-cracked/

I think this is the right one anyway.

Seizureman
Dec 27, 2009

FABULOUS

RabbitWizard posted:

It's finished. Cat not included.

Is your cat chinese?

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

Creepy Goat posted:

Ah nice one, thankyou :hfive:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
No cat this time. New one is quite smaller, but was fun to build.

These will be mine soon :dance:

I paid around 740€ for all of it, with todays exchange rate 1022,08$. Brickset says "their total retail value is US$1035"
For further purchases....is this good or am i a bad shopper? 6 models are used.

Seizureman posted:

Is your cat chinese?
No ;) I'll try to take the next pictures during the day so i won't need a flash.

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 28, 2011

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Creepy Goat posted:

I've tried both versions of the bumps. Its just faster/easier to feel the bags. Most of the minifigs have items that stick out pretty well.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
My Medieval Market arrived today.
I've spent 2 hours on it so far. Jesus Christ it's got a lot of pieces.
I had to go old school and spread it all out on the floor because there's not enough room on my desk. Once built it's not going to be disassembled for quite some time because I simply don't have enough storage for all the bricks.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Now here's a kid who's whole world got all twisted,
leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky...
Had a lovely day at work. Bought some loving lego. Things are looking alllllright.

Looking back maybe growing up in poverty wasn't such a bad thing, really makes me easy to please cause I enjoy the hell out of the little things.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009
I just bought a bunch of old Spongebob sets and my first series 3 minifig pack. Got a racecar driver. :hellyeah: I need to get that gorilla.

Medieval Market is ridiculous. Whoever is designing these new sets is doing a seriously great job.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I am embarking on a new project, ultimately destined for a Lego Store Community Window.

As the window is 15" x 20" x 23" this is just a small bit of it.

This looks like it should be pretty awesome, looking forward to more pics. I'm editing some from my latest delayed MOC and should have them up in a few more minutes.

Here's some cool suits/mechs on brickshelf:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

More here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=430871

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

I love things like this, but everytime I try to make a compact 1-man mech I mess up entirely. It's tough to get all those small specific pieces together so perfectly with proper weight/coordination and on top of that still fit a minifig inside. I always end up cheating with bionicle legs/arms :(

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

I love to look at them but I don't have much luck making them either. They tend to be so delicate and flimsy that I keep adding on pieces to make them stronger, and they turn into monsters rather than cute little suits.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Final Gloom posted:

I just bought a bunch of old Spongebob sets and my first series 3 minifig pack. Got a racecar driver. :hellyeah: I need to get that gorilla.

Medieval Market is ridiculous. Whoever is designing these new sets is doing a seriously great job.

I got a MMV this weekend. It's unbelievable. I'd seriously pay $200 for a proper castle set with this level of detail.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Holy poo poo, another (delayed) MOC from me so soon? Say it ain't so!

More here or here. Trying to recreate the box-art made me miss Lego's old studio techniques. I loved those little space environments they made.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

InfinEight posted:

I love to look at them but I don't have much luck making them either. They tend to be so delicate and flimsy that I keep adding on pieces to make them stronger, and they turn into monsters rather than cute little suits.

I've started making a small mech but I overestimated the arm size so its going to be bigger then I had hoped. Crappy cell phone pics:

Click here for the full 1024x612 image.

Click here for the full 1024x612 image.

Rimarthac
Dec 26, 2007

RabbitWizard posted:

These will be mine soon :dance:

I paid around 740€ for all of it, with todays exchange rate 1022,08$. Brickset says "their total retail value is US$1035"
For further purchases....is this good or am i a bad shopper? 6 models are used.

No ;) I'll try to take the next pictures during the day so i won't need a flash.

I won one of the Crane Trucks during a competition, and it's an amazingly fun build. As far as the price goes, I think retail was about 1500SEK, which is around €170. If the tow truck is around the same price, seeing as it's the same size; you pretty much got the last 8 for the same price as the two most expensive ones. In my ears that sounds fair.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
So, I know everyone pretty much agreed the figures are the only good thing about Halo Mega Blocks, but I decided to finally get some and see. They do a random thing like the Lego ones, and god drat:

Only one repeat out of six (although I guess there's better odds since there are only 8 in the series). You could probably feel out for certain one. But they're well painted, very poseable for their size, and the weapons have good detail.

gently caress Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

Fooley posted:

My crew sucks compared to yours, but I got the Arctic Hog and Ghost :cool:. Still, the Pink Hayabusa is crazy cool. I admit I am jealous.