Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yes, skip the filler. The only one really somewhat passable is the Rokubi arc, and you can get away with just knowing that the Rokubi Bijuu was caught by Akatsuki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I think the hidan/kakuzu fight had some decent animation in it if I remember correctly.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Luff posted:

The newest episode (196) is the last one of the fillers :)

Don't know if it was good or not, because I don't watch fillers.

No. It wasn't.

Also: Yes! End of the filler episodes! :woop:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Mufreesboro posted:

No. It wasn't.

Also: Yes! End of the filler episodes! :woop:

That bit where Sasuke goes crazy on the fillain was pretty creepy though (he's covered in blood and you don't get to see the guy's face aftewards :gonk:), I'll give it that.

Also, Naruto disguises himself as Sasuke and comes up with awesome moves like 'Sasuke Kick!'.

Apparently the next two episodes are a special, though one of them doesn't have a title.

Episode titles until Feb 24:

"The Sixth Hokage Danzo"
February 10, 2011

"TBA"
February 10, 2011

"Enter the Five Kage"
February 17, 2011

"Naruto's Appeal"
February 24, 2011

And for those who still watch the dub, airdates up to Feb 23rd:

66 "Revived Souls"
February 2, 2011

67 "Everyone's Struggle to the Death"
February 9, 2011

68 "Moment of Awakening"
February 16, 2011

69 "Despair"
February 23, 2011

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

197 and 198 aired today. Not a whole lot of action, but both episodes looked pretty good. It's nice that Shippuuden is fairly reliable animation-wise now.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I thoroughly enjoyed Naruto's face getting mutilated for his stupidity. Way more satisfying animated.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Did I miss Danzo being named Hokage? I wanted to see him become a ninja master through yelling.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

CubanMissile posted:

Did I miss Danzo being named Hokage? I wanted to see him become a ninja master through yelling.

Happened just before the filler break or during one of the first episodes of it where they put in those two minute canon segments.

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
It looks like everything in those 2 minute segments Tonfa mentioned from all of the filler episodes was rehashed again at the beginning of 197 anyway so you can pretty much safely skip the filler completely. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Glad to be back to canon after 15 episodes of crappy filler I'm glad I skipped. Decided to go back and watch the arc containing Asuma's death and Shikamaru's revenge as it is probably my favourite of Shippuuden so far, was not disappointed with how it held up. The scene where Shikamaru picks up the shogi tiles and starts planning was awesome.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ninja Politics: The Episode

But seriously. God Kishimoto is amazing at world building. It's a pity that he has trouble when focusing on the main character(s)

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Dexo posted:

Ninja Politics: The Episode

But seriously. God Kishimoto is amazing at world building. It's a pity that he has trouble when focusing on the main character(s)

I think his main problem his creating wonderful secondary characters, and then only focusing on a few of his favorites.

But yeah, this is the period where I think I like Naruto (character) the very least.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
I'd argue that his cast is too big. I'm by no means a Sakura fan, but I feel like we haven't seen her get much plot love since.. like, what, the whole Sasori thing? I can only see Naruto sperg out about Sasuke so much.

Raikage basically echoing my sentiments in this episode was nice.

Burning Sensation
Sep 2, 2006

Apropos of nothing.
Am I losing my mind, or did they cut out the bit where those two villagers ask for Naruto's autograph at the ramen shop in the manga? I only mention it because it becomes kind of important later when Naruto meets his "other self" at the waterfall on the turtle island and has a flashback of that particular scene, which is rather pivotal to what's happening at the time.

Did it happen before or during the fillers, and I just missed it?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

During the first of the filler stuff, like some other scenes that were inserted into it.

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it

Harettazetta posted:

I'd argue that his cast is too big. I'm by no means a Sakura fan, but I feel like we haven't seen her get much plot love since.. like, what, the whole Sasori thing? I can only see Naruto sperg out about Sasuke so much.

Raikage basically echoing my sentiments in this episode was nice.

Honestly, I am a Sakura fan, and I wish she would get more plot-love. I hate that she's been made into the useless woman of the show once again. And since Sasuke turned into an even bigger angsty prick than he was pre-Shippuden, I've only got Sakura and Shikamaru to look to if I wanna see intelligent characters kicking rear end.

At least I got the Shikamaru - Hidan fight. That was glorious.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

Soviets posted:

Honestly, I am a Sakura fan, and I wish she would get more plot-love.

Hoo boy. Then you'll like 201 probably just as much if not more than I did. :D

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I really enjoyed this episode and am EAGERLY awaiting the next one or two.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Having actual character growth for a change is extremely refreshing.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlfDmKoPU8s

Zetsu is so fabulous~

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Harettazetta posted:

Hoo boy. Then you'll like 201 probably just as much if not more than I did. :D

*stands there crying the entire episode*
But yes the next few weeks or months look like they are going to be amazing
And Zetsu is the best character

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Slave posted:

201 *stands there crying the entire episode*

Well, yes. But... it was nice for a change for her to realize the impact of her actions. And really, for the last several episodes to be about smacking people off the Sasuke train. None of the ways that's been done so far were as satisfying as the way Sai delivered it. 201

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!
This episode has gotten me really excited for what's to come (don't read the manga, so it's all new to me!). I also liked all the new characters introduced, particularly the members from the hidden mist. Can anyone spoiler whether or not we get to see them do anything? I must know.

ff7cid fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 4, 2011

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ff7cid posted:

This episode has gotten me really excited for what's to come (don't read the manga, so it's all new to me!). I also liked all the new characters introduced, particularly the members from the hidden mist. Can anyone spoiler whether or not we get to see them do anything? I must know.

Yes. Pretty much all of them will do something if not in this arc then the awesome arc that follows from the events of this one.

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
gently caress yes. This show is getting awesome again.

I think Zetsu had more dialog in these past 2 episodes than he's had in his entire existence in the series.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah don't worry, you'll see much more of Zetsu soon as well.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
What episodes do I need to watch after the Pain arc to be ready for this episode? I saw the youtube clip and it looked awesome so now I need to catch up.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Start with 197.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!

Dexo posted:

Yes. Pretty much all of them will do something if not in this arc then the awesome arc that follows from the events of this one.

gently caress yeah :rock:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Episodes and airdates from March 10th to April 7th:

202 "Racing Lightning"
March 10, 2011

203 "Sasuke's Ninja Way" :v:
March 17, 2011

204 "The Five Kage's Power"
March 24, 2011

205 "Declaration of War"
March 31, 2011

206 "Sakura's Feelings" :suicide:
April 7, 2011

Dub episodes and airdates from March 2nd to April 13th:

70 "Resonance"
March 2, 2011

71 "My Friend"
March 9, 2011

72 "The Quietly Approaching Threat"
March 16, 2011

73 "Akatsuki's Invasion"
March 23, 2011

74 "Under the Starry Sky"
March 30, 2011

75 "The Old Monk's Prayer"
April 6, 2011

76 "The Next Step"
April 13, 2011

It'll be interesting to see how the dub translates Hidan. I wonder who his, Yugito's and Kakuzu's VAs are?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

March is going to be a great month for this show. Actually, March through the end of May will be a great time for this show.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Everyone who had given up on the series really needs to start watching the current arc. Today's episode was great.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Cbouncerrun posted:

Understatement of the year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:allears: Only 2 episodes away from Cave-ins of Hatred.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Dexo posted:

:allears: Only 2 episodes away from Cave-ins of Hatred.

gently caress you for beating me to this:v:

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

Cbouncerrun posted:

Right now I'm trying to figure out what wacky reasoning or technique they'll have for his return, regeneration or whatever after the Raikage crushed his windpipe.

Either way, episode 202 was great and I'm actually looking forward to watching the show every week instead of just struggling through it.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

Francis Baconator posted:

Right now I'm trying to figure out what wacky reasoning or technique they'll have for his return, regeneration or whatever after the Raikage crushed his windpipe.
Anime only viewer, here... Zetsu's powers seem very much plant based. I can't imagine that having one part of him killed is enough to actually finish him. I'd imagine he works like an aloe vera plant or something. Parts of him are enough to grow new versions. That's how I imagine his original split worked. Kind of like a clone jutsu, only much more powerful. Though it's difficult to imagine how that would work in terms of which is the main one or anything... I dunno. Speaking of the split, I have to assume the other half of him is with Madara, so that should be interesting...

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
For some reason I had it in my head that Orochimaru being gone meant the cursed seals didn't work anymore. I am happy to be proven wrong. :)

Burning Sensation
Sep 2, 2006

Apropos of nothing.

Glitch posted:

For some reason I had it in my head that Orochimaru being gone meant the cursed seals didn't work anymore. I am happy to be proven wrong. :)

If I understand what you are saying, then since that dude is the origin of the curse mark, Orochimaru not being around anymore is irrevelant as far as he is concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

genki posted:

Anime only viewer, here... Zetsu's powers seem very much plant based. I can't imagine that having one part of him killed is enough to actually finish him. I'd imagine he works like an aloe vera plant or something.
Naruto: "Yo! Aloe Vera!"

• Locked thread