Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh no! Annie's become a hippie! The worst of fates!

Maybe it's just because of the break, but does it seem like she got taller?

E: Also gonna guess that whatever happened out there kinda took away at least a bit of her emotion-issues. The last panel almost seems like something pre-forest Annie wouldn't do. Looking very Surma-y.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh no! Annie's become a hippie! The worst of fates!

Maybe it's just because of the break, but does it seem like she got taller?

E: Also gonna guess that whatever happened out there kinda took away at least a bit of her emotion-issues. The last panel almost seems like something pre-forest Annie wouldn't do. Looking very Surma-y.

She does look bigger...and more tired. :( Look at the bags under her eyes!

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

ChibiSoma posted:

The last panel almost seems like something pre-forest Annie wouldn't do. Looking very Surma-y.

Spending a while outside of the place that reminds her of the hospital where her mom died has probably been good for the ol' emotional well-being

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
She is certainly acting a lot more like Surma. But I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Apparently Surma left a cache of emergency mascara in the forest.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Oh wow, hippie Annie is the best Annie. :allears:
I really do love how Tom ages and changes the characters.

I wonder how long until we see Kat, or more importantly how mad she'll be!

Fame Throwa posted:

Duuuude, that is so my new av, if nobody else wants it. City Face is really awesome.

Haha, truly a wise business decision!

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Echoing wyoming, it really is great how Tom keeps having the characters mature and change.

Also, Renard is so happy :3:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Oh, no! An adorable panel! The most adorable panel!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Reynard wagging is seriously the best thing ever. Not only is it :3: but it's good to see that, at bottom, they're still both friends. It'd be a little odd if they just sorta put everything behind them, but their first interaction wasn't awkward, it was heart-felt.

EDIT: Just realized her sleevy-things are covering up Coyote's band. Wonder if it's still there?

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Since her hand is still there, I'd guess we can assume so.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
A happier Annie is unexpected though nice to see, but what if this is a Surma flashback? Or Reynard dreaming? Or or or or or? :ohdear:

Howard Beale fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 25, 2011

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

They're ghosts re-enacting a play within a play about a play, dreamed up by Dr Disaster and performed by robots. And Reynardine is actually Coyote pretending to be the Reynardine-ghost-robot for kicks. And Coyote-ghostbot-Reynardine is Annie's dad: Eglamore. It's all quite simple.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

A happier Annie is unexpected though nice to see, but what if this is a Surma flashback? Or Reynard dreaming? Or or or or or? :ohdear:

This is why Tom closed his Formspring.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!
If the band is still there, then I bet there's a good chance of her loosing her hand in the future. It will be replaced with a robot hand.

I just remembered that not only did Annie not finish her homework, but she left evidence of cheating when she had her breakdown. Something tells me that someone is repeating a class. :ohdear:

The 19th Person fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 25, 2011

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
SSJ2 Annie looks taller. I wonder if Kat changed as well.

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008

Ka0 posted:

SSJ2 Annie looks taller. I wonder if Kat changed as well.

I'd think so.

Really interested in how it will go about when they see each other. The fourth treatise kinda hinted at some coldness and avoidance between them, in my opinion.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Interesting how she called him Renard, not Reynardine.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is probably going to be the cheeriest reunion of Annie's return to the court--from Kat's perspective Annie just up and flaked on their summer plans, and the administration/Jones are gonna be disapprovin' all over the place. At least we have this and presumably some flashbacks of good times in the forest. :unsmith:

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Apparently Surma left a cache of emergency mascara in the forest.

haha

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I really love the aging process Tom uses for the characters. You really see them age both physically and mentally. Annie seems more mature through and through. Still loves her make up though. I wonder what happened to her school uniform.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

So, Jones didn't tell Reynard what was up, just locked him in the new dorms?

Typical robot.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Revolver Bunker posted:

I really love the aging process Tom uses for the characters. You really see them age both physically and mentally. Annie seems more mature through and through. Still loves her make up though. I wonder what happened to her school uniform.

Looking at the colours of her new outfit, it looks like it may have been made at least partly from her uniform, which is a cool detail if that's the case.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Dirty feet, must have been walking around the forrest barefoot. That's how you get hookworm!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Penguissimo posted:

This is why Tom closed his Formspring.

Which character was that? What's with the robots? Where'd the stuffed animal go? Who was just talking to Jones? Are we in the past yet? Why are they wearing spacesuits?

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Kismet posted:

Looking at the colours of her new outfit, it looks like it may have been made at least partly from her uniform, which is a cool detail if that's the case.

Jones: "This worries me. Don't bore Ysengrin."

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

McGravin posted:

Yeah, it would be pretty cool if Hambone could edit that out of his post.

Since you asked nicely. Sorry just meant for this to be a stupid joke

Nonbaka posted:

So let me get this straight; people are okay with images of teenage cartoon girls being mounted by erect wolves in this thread?

edit: Since it apparently isn't clear, I'm calling out the people defending the picture.

nobody defended this image when you made this post.

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 28, 2011

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

I like how her head has gradually grown less horizontally and more vertically oblong over the years.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Man, Gunnerkrigg really does invite the bestiality comparisons.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Brannock posted:

Man, Gunnerkrigg really does invite the bestiality comparisons.

Yeah, I mean, there's a dog and a girl in the same panel! And they don't hate each other! Gotta be fuckin', right?

Really though I think that's rather unkind to say.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'd been wondering about the homework all these weeks. Now I can sleep at night.

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

I'd been wondering about the homework all these weeks. Now I can sleep at night.

To be honest, I'm kind of mad that Renard did that. Both 'cause Annie has to face not being honest and that this is just begging for it to be brought up again in some manner where Kat finds out and , ehhh... it might not be pretty.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Agreeable Employer posted:

To be honest, I'm kind of mad that Renard did that. Both 'cause Annie has to face not being honest and that this is just begging for it to be brought up again in some manner where Kat finds out and , ehhh... it might not be pretty.

On the same note is also means that Annie has no homework to turn in and pretty much no time to work on it seeing as she's been in the forest all break.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!
Do the names Anwyn and Khepi mean anything significant? It's not like Tom has a habit of picking names out of a hat.

HAmbONE posted:

I didn't even use the right face from the 1st panel

much better

Why? Why would anyone make this? What is wrong with you?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Well, it could be Annwyn, which is some welsh (I think) word for the underworld, or otherworld. It could also be Cwn Annwyn, which are the Hounds of Annwyn. I figure Khepi is just a name for the sake of having one.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

The 19th Person posted:

Why? Why would anyone make this? What is wrong with you?
Yeah, it would be pretty cool if Hambone could edit that out of his post.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is heart-touching and all but it still doesn't answer the question of why they are underwater. I need answers! Now!

Also hambone, you're a horrible person fyi.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

DocFrance posted:

This is heart-touching and all but it still doesn't answer the question of why they are underwater. I need answers! Now!

Probably where the dorms are this year. :v: This facial expressions in this strip are pretty slick.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kojiro posted:

Yeah, I mean, there's a dog and a girl in the same panel! And they don't hate each other! Gotta be fuckin', right?

Really though I think that's rather unkind to say.

Yeah that's why this is the first time ever that someone's made a bestiality joke re: Gunnerkrigg.

Also y'all pretty sensitive. He made a joke in poor taste -> he is a horrible person please edit this horrific image out of our beloved innocent thread?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I thought it was funny. And Gunnerkrigg DOES invite speculation of bestiality - it was kind of a pretty major plot point that Reynard was in love with Surma.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

HAmbONE posted:

The very first panel of the new comic looked like an "On meth it is" ad. Mainly due to her eyes. Then because I was thinking of meth I made this.

not even once

edit:

I didn't even use the right face from the 1st panel

much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Heliotrope posted:

Quick, someone photoshop a pixellated boner in there! COMEDY GOLD