Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
Aside from not being able to restore apps from Titanium Backup, I haven't run into any problems yet. But I've only been on it for a day so far. 4G works fine, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

4G doesn't work at all on my EVO. I've probably messed it up or something.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I've been on CM7 nightlies since the first #8 for the Nexus One and it's been my daily driver.

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/63799-fullhdmi-official-fullhdmi-beta-discussion.html

EVO has full HDMI mirroring now. Still in beta but they've gotten the basic stuff down. I won't have access to my HDMI cable or TV until later this week to try it.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Akileese posted:

Is CM7 stable enough to run right now? I'm getting an EVO last week and I really hate sense.

I am running nightly #6 and the only two bugs I have seen is the titanium back up restore problem mentioned above, and I have had WiFi stop working but toggling it off and back on fixed it. Everything else has been perfectly stable.

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 27, 2011

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

On a non-EVO front, I recommend everyone with a Nook Color try out CM7 nightlies. There's a weird bug with the Market My Apps page in Nightly 8, but otherwise it's very stable and pretty speedy. Bout to start restoring my apps via Titanium Backup and using it as my main rom.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

CM7 nightly 6 and the only annoying bug I've come across is that throwing music or new notification/alarm/ringtones on your SD card throws all notifications out of whack, straight into random territory.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Akileese posted:

Is CM7 stable enough to run right now? I'm getting an EVO last week and I really hate sense.

I'm running CM7 nightlies on my evo and most everything is fine, the only big exception is GPS, which is still awful for anything beyond general pinpointing.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Duckman2008 posted:

I'm running CM7 nightlies on my evo and most everything is fine, the only big exception is GPS, which is still awful for anything beyond general pinpointing.

Did you try the flash back to a Sense ROM and preform the GPS fix?

When I first updated from CM6.1 to CM7 my GPS didn't work (like everyone else)...but I haven't had a single problem with GPS since I did that.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Duckman2008 posted:

I had the same problem.

Flashing back to a sense rom, dialing ##gpsclrx# and entering my MSL code fixed it. Pain in the rear end, I know, but it did work.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
I get a lot of weird resets on CM7 nightlies and my widgets are always broken when the phone comes back. Anyone else?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
When it comes back from what? And what phone?

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs
Sorry this has probably been addressed before but is there anything special you need to do to your recovery (currently rooted stock 2.2 w/ Clockwork through Rom Manager) when going from a 2.2 Rom to 2.3?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Zarkov Cortez posted:

Sorry this has probably been addressed before but is there anything special you need to do to your recovery (currently rooted stock 2.2 w/ Clockwork through Rom Manager) when going from a 2.2 Rom to 2.3?

You need to flash ClockWorkMod 3 to install CM7. Just flash it through ROM Manager.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

You need to flash ClockWorkMod 3 to install CM7. Just flash it through ROM Manager.

I remember seeing some recommendations to use Amon Ra over Clockwork for 2.3, does it matter?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Zarkov Cortez posted:

I remember seeing some recommendations to use Amon Ra over Clockwork for 2.3, does it matter?

Also interested in this. I switched from CW to Ra during the original CW3 problems, but I'm a lazy bastard and would love the auto-install features of ROM Manager back.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Tried installing the stock 2.3.3 first but:

Click here for the full 480x800 image.

Already installed HBoot 0.35.0017 before this as well.

Also tried Amon Ra w/ verification off

Zarkov Cortez fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 28, 2011

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
So I've been having random restarts of my HTC Desire. Seems to persist through using ClockworkMod Recovery to wipe and reflash. Currently running CM6. Is this likely to be a hardware issue, or will there possibly be a method of fixing it?

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Zarkov Cortez posted:

Are you on FRG83G? I think the Gingerbread update fails if you aren't.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Surprise T Rex posted:

So I've been having random restarts of my HTC Desire. Seems to persist through using ClockworkMod Recovery to wipe and reflash. Currently running CM6. Is this likely to be a hardware issue, or will there possibly be a method of fixing it?
Have you tried a different SD card? It sounds to me like the one you have is failing. (And even if it isn't, isn't about time to back that poo poo up?)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Zarkov Cortez posted:

You can't install a stock ROM with a custom recovery. Are you installing a rooted deodexed version of it or are you just applying the OTA update.zip?

Also, you don't need CWR 3.0 on the Passion (yet).

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

quadratic posted:

Are you on FRG83G? I think the Gingerbread update fails if you aren't.

Yes

LastInLine posted:

You can't install a stock ROM with a custom recovery. Are you installing a rooted deodexed version of it or are you just applying the OTA update.zip?

I was just using the OTA update.zip w/o using a deodexed ROM but it worked before with Froyo so I thought it would work again.

e: Used the 86mb full update instead of the 43mb FRG83G update and everything worked fine with Clockwork v:shobon:v

Zarkov Cortez fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 28, 2011

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007
Silly question (maybe): If you don't check the CPU governor settings in Cyanogenmod 7 to be set on boot, are they not used?

Another possibly silly question: Is it necessary to create profiles in SetCPU or is there a default behavior? Is there a documented set of agreed upon profiles that everyone should use?

Sizzlechest fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 28, 2011

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Casao posted:

On a non-EVO front, I recommend everyone with a Nook Color try out CM7 nightlies. There's a weird bug with the Market My Apps page in Nightly 8, but otherwise it's very stable and pretty speedy. Bout to start restoring my apps via Titanium Backup and using it as my main rom.

You mind some help in doing so? I'm interested in trying but I'm a bit fuzzy about what exactly is needed.

Got a 1.01 rooted using Autonooter. What I don't get is ClockWorkMod as it applies to this process.

- Do I have to install CWM on the internal memory or is it just from the EXT4 SD card?

- Will the EXT4 card with CWM be able to back up my existing config?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I see people saying you're supposed to have ClockWorkMod Recovery version 3.x to install CM7 but my Desire only has 2.5.0.7 and doesn't seem to have any updates for it and CM7 installed fine. Is there actually a CWM recovery 3.whatever out for my phone and should I actually be using that?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Sizzlechest posted:

\
Another possibly silly question: Is it necessary to create profiles in SetCPU or is there a default behavior? Is there a documented set of agreed upon profiles that everyone should use?

The default behaviour is whatever is showing on the main tab. There's no one set of profiles that everyone agrees on; some people just turn down the maximum frequency and switch to a conservative governor when the screen is off (and this is handled automatically by the smartass governor), while others have a ton of different settings for every conceivable combination of temperature and remaining battery life. Personally I haven't even had SetCPU installed since I got a kernel with the smartass governor.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Crackbone posted:

You mind some help in doing so? I'm interested in trying but I'm a bit fuzzy about what exactly is needed.

Got a 1.01 rooted using Autonooter. What I don't get is ClockWorkMod as it applies to this process.

- Do I have to install CWM on the internal memory or is it just from the EXT4 SD card?

- Will the EXT4 card with CWM be able to back up my existing config?

If you have the new 3.0.0.6 CWM, you can use the internal - previous 3.0.0.5 only handled ext3, and Nook Color CM7 uses ext4. This has been updated in 3.0.0.6, so you can now use the internal. both should be able to backup your current config with a Nandroid.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Lowen SoDium posted:

I had the same problem.

Flashing back to a sense rom, dialing ##gpsclrx# and entering my MSL code fixed it. Pain in the rear end, I know, but it did work.

Gonna do that today. Thanks dude!

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
I'm running MIUI and when I go into the market, there's an update for GMail that's available, but the update always fails because 'the package isn't signed correctly'. What does that mean, and is there a way to get GMail to update correctly?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone have the ROM manager premium? I want to check out a CM7 nightly and like the ease of updating through ROM manager.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Penguissimo posted:

The default behaviour is whatever is showing on the main tab. There's no one set of profiles that everyone agrees on; some people just turn down the maximum frequency and switch to a conservative governor when the screen is off (and this is handled automatically by the smartass governor), while others have a ton of different settings for every conceivable combination of temperature and remaining battery life. Personally I haven't even had SetCPU installed since I got a kernel with the smartass governor.

I'm still on a stock OS, so I don't think smartass is an option.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dirk Pitt posted:

Does anyone have the ROM manager premium? I want to check out a CM7 nightly and like the ease of updating through ROM manager.

That's pretty much all I do with my phone now. Premium has all kinds of neat stuff like nightly flashing and ordered flashing (e.g. If you need to flash a ROM + gApps + kernel all in a row).

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

helsabot posted:

I'm running MIUI and when I go into the market, there's an update for GMail that's available, but the update always fails because 'the package isn't signed correctly'. What does that mean, and is there a way to get GMail to update correctly?

It means that the signature between gmails doesn't match, and there's no way to automatically update - what you can do is use titanium backup to uninstall gmail and then install it new from Market.

It's an occasional problem with custom roms, this is the first time I've run into it in a long time.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

LastInLine posted:

Have you tried a different SD card? It sounds to me like the one you have is failing. (And even if it isn't, isn't about time to back that poo poo up?)

I haven't tried a different SD card, I don't actually have another one spare right now, will have to grab one soon. I'll make sure to back my stuff up then give my phone a wipe and flash to make doubly sure to stop my random retarts. I'll probably wait until CM7 before I reflash though (assuming there is a Desire build on the way at some point).

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

uapyro posted:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/63799-fullhdmi-official-fullhdmi-beta-discussion.html

EVO has full HDMI mirroring now. Still in beta but they've gotten the basic stuff down. I won't have access to my HDMI cable or TV until later this week to try it.

Just FYI, this dude isn't from teamwin. His HDMI doesn't work very well and only works on Sense ROMs. teamwin has full hdmi working in an alpha at ~80 fps in AOSP roms. Just wait for that and we'll have the best phone on the market.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
Oh, best features of CM7 that I've found so far: ability to use volume buttons to take a picture in the Camera app.

EVO doesn't have a dedicated camera button, and doing this feels a hell of a lot more natural than pressing the shutter button on the screen.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

brc64 posted:

Oh, best features of CM7 that I've found so far: ability to use volume buttons to take a picture in the Camera app.

EVO doesn't have a dedicated camera button, and doing this feels a hell of a lot more natural than pressing the shutter button on the screen.

If you go this route make sure you also set it to "Pre Focus" because it wont do it on it's own.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Virgin Mobile goons (assuming I'm not the only one), did anyone else see this?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/62730-zefies-cm7-optimus-v-current-02232011-a.html

Optimus V has a CM7 build? News to me! I think I'll try it out when I get home, but I've never done any Cyanogen before, I haven't even figured out how to do a nandroid backup. All I've done before is rooted my phones, done Titanium Backup, and put the Sprint 2.2 on a VM Intercept.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Maker Of Shoes posted:

If you go this route make sure you also set it to "Pre Focus" because it wont do it on it's own.

Where is this option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

Ozmodiar posted:

Where is this option?
Go into the Camera app, hit the menu button, Advanced Settings, Pre-focus