Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Terpfen posted:

Patches can’t solve what sounds like a problem of running on older hardware.

You can try New Vegas Stutter Remover, but no guarantees.

My system is getting old sure but I had no FPS issues at all with Fallout 3. Is New Vegas a lot more resource intensive or something? I should have all hardware requirements covered. Thanks for the link though, I'll czech it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Pwnstar posted:

My system is getting old sure but I had no FPS issues at all with Fallout 3. Is New Vegas a lot more resource intensive or something? I should have all hardware requirements covered. Thanks for the link though, I'll czech it out.

New Vegas made some changes, but the real performance killer is FaceGen.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
WAR's been updated with some refined rifle animations, including the new bullpup reloading animations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since the OP is still probated (meaning he can't update the OP), has any new mods come out recently that are worth looking at?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Coughing Hobo posted:

WAR's been updated with some refined rifle animations, including the new bullpup reloading animations.

That's not all he changed, he added some new rifle animations for shorter weapons. Now, he specifically refers to the FAMAS, but I'm interested in trying them out for the default P90c.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Coughing Hobo posted:

Not really happy with those first person pistol options. You have a choice between having the pistol take up half the screen or tucking it away in a tiny little corner at the bottom.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
My god, the WAR guy's my new best friend. He's just solved a few potential headaches for me.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Naky posted:

My god, the WAR guy's my new best friend. He's just solved a few potential headaches for me.

I'm curious; are you going to push the content update you've got going and then go back and fix for the new WAR, or are you going to make sure everything's WAR-friendly before you release the next update?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Male Man posted:

I'm curious; are you going to push the content update you've got going and then go back and fix for the new WAR, or are you going to make sure everything's WAR-friendly before you release the next update?

The new update will be WAR friendly and mandatory. His new stuff doesn't fix a whole lot of issues for me, but it solves a few awkward designs I was forced to make. I'm also making a new shorter barreled P90c with a foregrip right now to work with his new short barreled grip. Perhaps those that didn't like the old one will like this one more.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

What mod added a Cavern in goodsprings by the school? I've only got the new nVamp, IWS, AWOP and New Vegas Bounties so my options are pretty slim, but whatever it is it has missing meshes in there so I suspect I need to reinstall it.

edit: turns out it's VeryVoraciousVermin, woops I forgot I even installed that.

Vincent Valentine fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 27, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Here's what I got to go with the new shorter barreled assault rifle grip he released. It's for vertigrips, specifically, so I rebuilt the P90 with a smaller shorter silencer "barrel", used the rails again to hide the clipping due to making it smaller (I could do this to the other one I made too) and added a vertigrip to it. Results:

What do you think, a little better?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
You need to script that gun to give you carpal tunnel after 1000 rounds.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Yeah, it would look far less awkward if he moved the bone for the elbow up a bit.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sure would be nice if you could modify the animations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Sure would be nice if you could modify the animations.

I'd kill to have joefoxx working with me on this pack, I really would.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
If I were to zip and upload a mesh and the necessary textures of a gun from Fallout 3, could one of you smarties port it over for me? I'm having a bitch of a time making textures work :(

I just want my nerdy anime handcannon back for a new run :argh:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

If I were to zip and upload a mesh and the necessary textures of a gun from Fallout 3, could one of you smarties port it over for me? I'm having a bitch of a time making textures work :(

Gimme.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Capn Beeb posted:

Angel Arm mod?

Retexture

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naky posted:

Gimme.

Here you go :) It needs the top break revolver animations from the old .32 caliber revolver, dunno if those are still in Vegas or not.

E:

Schubalts posted:

Angel Arm mod?

Retexture

Yeah that's it. Just the textures are pretty ho hum :\

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
How are the IS on them or do I need to fix those too.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naky posted:

How are the IS on them or do I need to fix those too.

The Angel Arms has basically non-existent irons. Honestly not too big of a deal since I'm in third person so often. Also it doesn't fit a male character's hand, and for some odd reason the reloaded cartridges don't even fit the chambers.

Also appears to use semiauto pistol firing animations, good lord this thing is a mess.

E:

The mesh in the .rar I posted at least HAS irons on it. Angel Arms has two tiny rear end little prongs on the muzzle end, useless.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 27, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

The Angel Arms has basically non-existent irons. Honestly not too big of a deal since I'm in third person so often. Also it doesn't fit a male character's hand, and for some odd reason the reloaded cartridges don't even fit the chambers.

Also appears to use semiauto pistol firing animations, good lord this thing is a mess.

Don't worry, I just finished it. I added more or less perfect IS too.

I called it the Mateba-Schofield Revolver and also made an automatic version called the Autorevolver. It's pretty fun and not so nerdy any more.

I included it in my pack but I suppose I'll make a separate small mod with just that gun if you like.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naky posted:

Don't worry, I just finished it. I added more or less perfect IS too.

I called it the Mateba-Schofield Revolver and also made an automatic version called the Autorevolver. It's pretty fun and not so nerdy any more.

I included it in my pack but I suppose I'll make a separate small mod with just that gun if you like.

A separate mod will be great for now, I'm starting a new game and really want to just focus on three guns at most in my inventory.

Speaking of your mod though, what's the latest inventory looking like?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

A separate mod will be great for now, I'm starting a new game and really want to just focus on three guns at most in my inventory.

Speaking of your mod though, what's the latest inventory looking like?

The content update will have ~130 guns on a technical level, though two guns have new alternate meshes/textures. There's a new wood grained AK74 as well as a new MAC10 that isn't rusted out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fab9vzsxbwx3wwh

I haven't tested this separate mod at all so hopefully everything's good. The guns are sitting on a chest in the players room in Novac.

For anyone who plans on using this AND the content update build of my mod in the future, make sure to disable this mod. I used the same editor IDs so it may cause errors.

edit: oh and do be sure to let me know what you think of it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Like it :) The only problems I've found is that there is no front sight post when using the sights, and the muzzle flash starts in the middle of the barrel.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Like it :) The only problems I've found is that there is no front sight post when using the sights, and the muzzle flash starts in the middle of the barrel.

Yeah, I could fix the first by rotating the entire mesh a little but I've found that even a 2 degree rotatation makes the gun look obviously crooked in your hands so I try to avoid doing it. I can fix the flash though, I totally forgot to even check that.

edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?j89b3epurq3wbq5

New version with the fixed muzzleflash. Didn't bother rotating the mesh though for the above reasons.

Naky fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 28, 2011

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I downloaded The Armory mod and started a new game, but I can't find any information on it. Are the added guns supposed to be spread around the world, or do I have to add them in with console commands. I'm about 2 hours in and haven't found any non-standard weapons yet.

e: The last place I'd look! Thanks.

ee: Does anyone have a recommendation for a "drop in and check a box"-easy mod or two that incorporates weapons(and/or armors) into boxes or corpses? I'm not sure which of the mods listed has this feature.

What Fun fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 28, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

What Fun posted:

I downloaded The Armory mod and started a new game, but I can't find any information on it. Are the added guns supposed to be spread around the world, or do I have to add them in with console commands. I'm about 2 hours in and haven't found any non-standard weapons yet.

There's no leveled list integration at this point. The location's in the readme... but you'll find them in two cabinets behind the Prospector's Saloon.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Naky, I've still got the muzzle flash coming from the middle of the barrel with the new version. Would WAR's pistol animations cause problems like this?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Naky, I've still got the muzzle flash coming from the middle of the barrel with the new version. Would WAR's pistol animations cause problems like this?

No, the actual muzzleflash itself is drawn by the projectile type selected in GECK. The new mesh definitely has the projectilenode at the end of the barrel like it should be, but beyond that I can't control the actual flash itself. Well, I can, but that ain't my thang. I looked at it pretty closely after I did it and it just seems like the 4570 flashes are far more spherical than other flashes.

Out of curiosity, I changed the projectile type to a 9mm projectile when I saw your post and checked it and it's normal. Basically, the 4570 muzzleflash is just a little excessive I guess.

Note though, if you're using Earache's CaliberX, one of the nice little undocumented features he has is changing muzzleflashes and some of them are... odd... so that could be it too.

MDR
Feb 16, 2004
KING NORTH PARK
I'm playing the game and loving it but I would like to be able to have a Dirtbike or something so I dont have to fast travel and ruin immersion. Are there any cool movement speed mods?

Spudman
Feb 5, 2004

Post nudes plz
Don't worry, it's perfectly rational!
I'd like a slightly more realistic gun system, to where if I unload an entire magazine of 5.56 rounds point-blank into a human's face, it does more than knock off three bars of their Hp. It's awesome that armor absorbs damage, but if they're not wearing a helmet and I'm firing a machine gun directly into their cheek, I'd like it to sting a little at least.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naky posted:

No, the actual muzzleflash itself is drawn by the projectile type selected in GECK. The new mesh definitely has the projectilenode at the end of the barrel like it should be, but beyond that I can't control the actual flash itself. Well, I can, but that ain't my thang. I looked at it pretty closely after I did it and it just seems like the 4570 flashes are far more spherical than other flashes.

Out of curiosity, I changed the projectile type to a 9mm projectile when I saw your post and checked it and it's normal. Basically, the 4570 muzzleflash is just a little excessive I guess.

Note though, if you're using Earache's CaliberX, one of the nice little undocumented features he has is changing muzzleflashes and some of them are... odd... so that could be it too.

Got it sorted, apparently there were two projectilenodes :o

Click here for the full 1446x974 image.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Got it sorted, apparently there were two projectilenodes :o

Click here for the full 1446x974 image.

Oh wow, I didn't even see that since I didn't maximize that branch. I'm amazed it even works inside a branch like that. I guess the 9mm flash was small enough that I didn't see it inside the barrel like that.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I think someone posted this video earlier in the thread, and I was just wondering what HUD they were using to get all those fancy meters on the left side of the screen. It seems like it would be part of Project Nevada, but I have yet to see anything like that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Naky posted:

I'd kill to have joefoxx working with me on this pack, I really would.

To clarify what I meant, I mean the character animations. This way you wouldn't have to gently caress around with weird hand positions, you could just make each weapon have their own.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Captain McStabbin posted:

I think someone posted this video earlier in the thread, and I was just wondering what HUD they were using to get all those fancy meters on the left side of the screen. It seems like it would be part of Project Nevada, but I have yet to see anything like that.

It's not a part of Nevada. I notice when he toggles on night vision, he doesn't get any "snow", but I do when I do it. Is that just because I'm using the Ranger helmet and not a power armor one? Nice touch if so.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 28, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Captain McStabbin posted:

Check out Unified HUD and the mods it can combine. That particular HUD element looks like Ambient Temperature.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Coughing Hobo posted:

Check out Unified HUD and the mods it can combine. That particular HUD element looks like Ambient Temperature.

Hes using Imp's more complex needs (thats the CAL and HYD part) and HUD extended (thats the time, and armor condition bars). The nightvision stuff might be Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision, but I haven't used it so I can't tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Hes using Imp's more complex needs (thats the CAL and HYD part) and HUD extended (thats the time, and armor condition bars). The nightvision stuff might be Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision, but I haven't used it so I can't tell.

Yeah Advanced Recon has a clean night vision. I don't see the HUD elements for its energy cell drain feature though, so either he has that functionality switched off/not displayed, or he's using something else.