Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Andy Daly is on CDR this week, and it's great. Big spoiler: his character is a suicidal racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

There's about 10 podcasts I have in the queue right now, I can't keep up with all of the quality! :gonk:

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
If you don't subscribe, you should listen to the new Sklarboro Country. Patton Oswalt reads passages from Monday Night Jihad and it's incredible.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
DOOP DO DO DE DOOOO

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Went and saw Reggie Watts last night in Brooklyn as part of a comedy night with Eugene Merman and Michael Showalter. Reggie Watts live is quite a trip. Its gotta be super weird witnessing that in the CDR studio.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Conrad_Birdie posted:

That's loving insane. Holy poo poo, Kevin Smith loves hearing himself talk.

I'm listening to the new Smodcast and Kevin said that when he asked Mosier to do a daily show, he said "I enjoy doing the show, but I don't have the pressing need to be in front of people that you have."

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm listening to the new Smodcast and Kevin said that when he asked Mosier to do a daily show, he said "I enjoy doing the show, but I don't have the pressing need to be in front of people that you have."

I followed Kevin Smith for a single day on twitter. That was all I could take - my feed was a solid wall of Kevin Smith, mostly in two or three part tweets responding to fans or something. SMOD was great in the early days but I just can't take that much of him anymore.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I want Jeff Garlin to be on DLM every week.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I didn't realize Ben Scwartz is Jean Ralphio. I love that dude, also Hot Dog is the best character.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

Grant DaNasty posted:

This is getting bizarrely meta, since at this point he mainly talks about talking. Even his ads are just invitations to come and hear him talk some more, but he's not really discussing any subjects--just mentioning his other podcasts and plans for more talking in the future, and how happy it all makes him to just keep on talking. At least with Hollywood Babble-On the co-host manages to keep him to a certain structure and occasionally talk about a movie that he's seen recently.

In the WTF interview and the Adam Carolla interview, he was actually a lot more interesting because there was some conversation and somebody sober was able to push him back on topic and introduce outside ideas. Left to his own devices it's just incoherent rambling, and I think that four more hours a day of that is just going to make it worse.

Obviously I'm not being forced to listen, and most likely won't listen to the new material. I worry though, that with the popularity of the Smodcast network, that a further reduction in quality potentially hurts other shows by association, particularly at a time when advertisers are just testing the waters with this new media. I am truly amazed at how good some of the Kevin Pollak shows are, even if I think they're a bit long for this format. Kevin Smith is starting to sound like that time on King of the Hill when Dale Gribble had his own radio station.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Scott Clockerman's ongoing disgust about Jukebox Jury is the funniest thing to me.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Groucho Marxist posted:

If you don't subscribe, you should listen to the new Sklarboro Country. Patton Oswalt reads passages from Monday Night Jihad and it's incredible.

I keep checking Amazon's listing of Zombie Spaceship Wasteland to see if they start offering it as a bundle with Elam's masterwork. (Though Elam still needs to come on the Country and explain the soymilk.)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
You obviously mean Skip Cameron. Who the hell is Scott Clockerman.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'm surprised they fired Scott Tabletop so fast.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I hope he decides to bring back What's Up Hotdog. I literally use that catchphrase every day and my life feels empty without it.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I'm amazed that the plugs songs are usually really good but Jukebox Jury is almost exclusively terrible.

Also, have we talked about My Brother, My Brother, and Me? I recently went through the archives of MBMBMA and it's absolutely hilarious.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I'm amazed that the plugs songs are usually really good but Jukebox Jury is almost exclusively terrible.

Also, have we talked about My Brother, My Brother, and Me? I recently went through the archives of MBMBMA and it's absolutely hilarious.

MBMBAM has gotten to surreal levels of comedy. If you don't already donate to MaximumFun.org, their donor content episode and video is phenomenal.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
God drat it Andy Daly is so unbelievably funny. Nothing makes me laugh like he does.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Scott doesn't seem to know what's coming up, so I think Engineer Doug just picks the worst songs to mess with him.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

SansWetware posted:

God drat it Andy Daly is so unbelievably funny. Nothing makes me laugh like he does.

He has pushed PFT right out of the top guest on CDR spot in my mind. God drat his characters are amazing and he is so loving fast.

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

If you havin' hull problems I feel bad for you son/
I got 99 problems, but a breach ain't one/

Brock Samson posted:

He has pushed PFT right out of the top guest on CDR spot in my mind. God drat his characters are amazing and he is so loving fast.

Man, that is a tough call. PFT and Andy Daly both seem to deliver everytime they are on CDR. James Adomian is consistantly great too.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

So did anyone else take the latest episode of CDR as them fulfilling the promise of bringing back What's Up Hotdog (for at least one episode)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I dunno, because now that we know what's up (it's racism) It might be hard for Skip Cameron to say it.

edit:Misread your post. My bad.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Nearly three hours of Duncan Trussell on the Joe Rogan Experience?

Hell yes.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

That pretty much hits the nail on the head regarding Kevin Smith. Don't get me wrong, fan of his movies and his "An evening with..." DVD, and a fan of some of his podcasts. I only recently found out how many he put up each week, And so i tried listening to them all to see if I liked them all. By the time I was done I had listened to a cumulative hour of his ads for Adam and eve, and another hour of him plugging the fleshlight.

I really like his Hollywood Babylon podcast, and smodcast can be very good, but I can't listen to any man, let alone Kevin Smith, talk about jerking off with a sex toy for more than 10 minutes a week.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
I too think that Kevin Smith should take it down a couple of notches. Then again, he's happy doing it and I don't have to listen to it so there you go. If anything I wish Scott Mosier had his own show. But I also think that UYD would be better if it was just Seth.

Lately I'm loving TOFOP, and by extension Walking the Room. Even though Walking the Room introduced me to TOFOP. The ongoing saga of the "Hobo-tangs" (trashy-rear end people that wander into other people's yards to steal from their orange trees) is hilarious. Video of the hobo-tang was posted on the WTR Facebook page last week.

Can any Australian goons chime in on how famous Wil Anderson and Charlie Clausen are? Are they like "famous" famous? I get the feeling that they are somewhat famous, but for example Paul F. Tompkins is famous to people who are really into comedy while the average person probably hasn't heard of him.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

-Atom- posted:

Nearly three hours of Duncan Trussell on the Joe Rogan Experience?

Hell yes.

Love Trussell, love Rogan. Sure to be some wild stoner talk about aliens and the nature of reality. And weed. And fleshlights.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

So did anyone else take the latest episode of CDR as them fulfilling the promise of bringing back What's Up Hotdog (for at least one episode)

He still says it in every episode, it never went away. Isn't that the joke?

Penis envy
Jan 22, 2010

You can trust me, I'm a doctor.

Brock Samson posted:

I love that he always has a new character. Scott gives Andy Daly so much crap though unlike PFT who he rarely derails.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

:siren:Superego Season 3, Episode 1 is up:siren:

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

Penis envy posted:

I love that he always has a new character. Scott gives Andy Daly so much crap though unlike PFT who he rarely derails.

That's because Andy Daly is one of the best improvisers around. He was a member of the Swarm, the first really big and awesome improv group to come out of the UCB Theater in New York.

Comedy Death Ray is really interesting to me because it's getting a whole lot of people into improv comedy through an entirely new medium.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

redz posted:

He still says it in every episode, it never went away. Isn't that the joke?
The whole gimmick is getting really stale, though. A couple minutes discussing this catchphrase at the beginning of every episode. The Hot Dog character was the only funny thing to come out of any of it.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I think hearing Scott say "my world famous catchphrase, 'what's up, hot dog'" is one of the funniest things on that show.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Groucho Marxist posted:

:siren:Superego Season 3, Episode 1 is up:siren:

You should all be downloading this right now. There's no excuse.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I love the fact that he's never even explained that it came from an episode of Never Not Funny.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Strange Matter posted:

I want Jeff Garlin to be on DLM every week.

I want him to stop walking over the other guests and trying to turn every question back to himself.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
McLovin kept pace with him. Dave Foley got rolled over but that's kind of his nature.

I'm glad that Monkeybone is getting the attention it deserves though.

Teenagers
Sep 5, 2007

hail satan
ugh, only two more episodes of uyd left until they end it :(

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

Teenagers posted:

ugh, only two more episodes of uyd left until they end it :(

Whoa, I'm only like episode 98. Why are they ending UYD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenagers
Sep 5, 2007

hail satan

j8910 posted:

Whoa, I'm only like episode 98. Why are they ending UYD?

they said in ep131 that they'd end on episode 262

57:20 – Seth and Jonathan talk about how they agreed that they would stop at 262 episodes. They have officially reached their halfway mark with 131.

http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/Episode_131/

tbh they probs wont end it, if they did i'd be pissed. my gf needs audio to be able to get to sleep, so i listen to those bros every night.

• Locked thread