Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVYNhgaEhzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVYNhgaEhzM

(To be?) filmed at Madison Square Garden, coming May 7th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.
Rolling Stone released a little blurb about a preview of the album they received from Gaga:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/preview-six-songs-from-lady-gagas-born-this-way-20110218

It features Clarence Clemons of the E Street Band on the saxophone for two tracks. :aaa:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Aericina posted:

It features Clarence Clemons of the E Street Band on the saxophone for two tracks. :aaa:

This is my new favorite Lady Gaga thing.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

So I suddenly have an extra ticket to Lady Gaga this Thursday. Floor/gen admin at Verizon in DC. Face value is $88, is anyone interested?

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
Seeing Lady Gaga tonight.

Oh god

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Valex posted:

Seeing Lady Gaga tonight.

Oh god

have fun!! maybe she will play Born This Way for you. :3:

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister
Seeing her next Tuesday right after class. Any tips for GA? Do I have to get there rear end-early or is it possible to snake through the crowd?

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

realqueenbetty posted:

Seeing her next Tuesday right after class. Any tips for GA? Do I have to get there rear end-early or is it possible to snake through the crowd?

Where are you seeing her? I would get there early (CATWALK IS THE BEST SPOT) because if you try to snake through at her shows, people will flip out on you.

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

Boston, can't miss my class, and gently caress 'em.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
How late does the concert run if it starts at like 8pm? And is getting there four hours early enough?

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Legs Benedict posted:

have fun!! maybe she will play Born This Way for you. :3:

She did, it was the encore :dance:

quote:

How late does the concert run if it starts at like 8pm? And is getting there four hours early enough?

It ended at like 11:30-12, and you should be fine if you arrive four hours early though you really shouldn't listen to me cause I arrived like 15 minutes before it started; I wasn't close to the stage at all but I still had a great time!

[spoiler]During Paparazzi she bought out that gigantic anglerfish thing, aka "The Fame Monster" oh and her bra shot sparks at the end of the song. It was ridiculous[/spoilers]

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Where are you seeing her? I would get there early (CATWALK IS THE BEST SPOT) because if you try to snake through at her shows, people will flip out on you.

When me and my friend saw her recently, we just used brutal force to get in front. 15 years old can't do poo poo to us :smug:.

First time we saw her, we queued for 10 hours, so it was justified :colbert:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Skilleddk posted:

When me and my friend saw her recently, we just used brutal force to get in front. 15 years old can't do poo poo to us :smug:.

First time we saw her, we queued for 10 hours, so it was justified :colbert:

Yeah 15 year old girls can't, but flocks of late-20s queens can. Trust me you don't want to rile them up.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Skilleddk posted:

I know you meant brute force, but I'm getting a strange image of you going World Wrestling Entertainment on those poor girls.

e: hah, and I only thought "girls" because of the post below yours

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

weekly font posted:

Yeah 15 year old girls can't, but flocks of late-20s queens can. Trust me you don't want to rile them up.
I'm going with a somewhat burly mid-20s queen. I hope that helps my chances.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Oh hey, remember how everyone was :rolleyes: at Target having the deluxe Born This Way?

quote:

A special edition of Lady Gaga’s new single, ‘Born This Way’ is to be exclusively sold at the retailer Target.

The company has in the past donated considerable sums to organisations that support those who discriminate or even advocate death and violence to gays.

(:words:)

Now, following a meeting with Lady Gaga, the company has promised to stop the donations and give to LGBT groups.

“That discussion was one of the most intense conversations I’ve ever had in a business meeting,” Lady Gaga said. “Part of my deal with Target is that they have to start affiliating themselves with LGBT charity groups and begin to reform and make amends for the mistakes they’ve made in the past … our relationship is hinged upon their reform in the company to support the gay community and to redeem the mistakes they’ve made supporting those [antigay] groups.”

The company has committed $500,000 to LGBT community projects, although that is a tiny fraction of the $156 million it donates every year to ‘community efforts’.
Full story is here. This mostly feels like Target still trying to do damage control from the outrage last year(combined with Gaga being awesome as always), but at least now I can feel better about possibly getting the deluxe edition. :v:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Born This Way video premieres at 11:00 ET on Monday 28th February.

Yesss.... Surprised we haven't seen a sneak preview or any set pics yet though. Would be nice to go into this completely cold.

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.

Haifisch posted:

Oh hey, remember how everyone was :rolleyes: at Target having the deluxe Born This Way?

Full story is here. This mostly feels like Target still trying to do damage control from the outrage last year(combined with Gaga being awesome as always), but at least now I can feel better about possibly getting the deluxe edition. :v:

This is fantastic news, and I reposted this link in other venues. She really is something else.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Born This Way video!

e: what the heck :aaa:

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 28, 2011

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

I don't know how I feel about that video yet.

It was overwhelming.

Edit: The first 2:30 are the intro. Which, after watching it a couple of times, is pretty good. "How can I protect something so perfect without evil?"

Who else doesn't like GaGa with short hair?

Burn Zone fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 28, 2011

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well this is not going to dissuade the Lady Gaga is a demonic reptilian people.

It's going to take some time to settle, but I love her as Skullboy Marlene Dietrich.

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.

What?

I don't even know what to say right now.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Angryhead posted:

Born This Way video!

It'll take a few more watches to fully comprehend what I just saw, but I'm tentatively saying this is my favorite Gaga video so far. It was just as weird as I'd hoped for :3:

But seriously

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

What movie is the music from in the intro to the video?

edit - Found it, Vertigo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC5AzFc3coo

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 28, 2011

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

It just doesn't feel like that is safe to watch at work.

Burn Zone posted:

Yeah, not a fan. I think she looks much better with longer hair.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Everyone looks better with short hair :3: Mainly her

This video is... :lsd:

Ayabi
Aug 26, 2006

Sorry, but I'd rather leave the stage.

Burn Zone posted:

Ugh me.

And as disgusting as the beginning of that video was, her body was bangin'. But she needs to stop pretending she's six feet tall.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

I enjoyed it very much! And one more vote for short hair Gaga.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
WOW.
I am not quite sure what words I can use to describe it, I wasn't quite expecting that.

I did enjoy it though. :3:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Is there any way to watch the video outside of the US? :/

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Baby I was born this BRAINS

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

angerbot posted:

Well this is not going to dissuade the Lady Gaga is a demonic reptilian people.

It's going to take some time to settle, but I love her as Skullboy Marlene Dietrich.

Oh god Skullboy Marlene Dietrich Gaga with a pretty princess pink ponytail was amazing.

Also, still an illuminati puppet

Click here for the full 1280x761 image.

I also feel the need to (re?)post this: http://48hrmag.com/article/54-20-minutes-with-lady-gaga

quote:

“You can’t put this in your article,” she said, “but one of the problems we ran into before I left for space is that there are so many ways you can use clothing to frame a vagina.” I nodded. It made sense.

“So what we came up with was: more vaginas.”

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...
I guess I'm the odd man out. I wasn't a fan of this one. The opening was interesting, but the rest just didn't work for me.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Holy poo poo! This video is absolutely amazing O_O

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
Video made me uncomfortable, but I figure that's what she was going for. I certainly can't post it on my facebook like I was going to.
Still can't get the song outta my head. :)
E: Finally got around to watching the 60 minutes interview. I love her so much :3:

Dancingthroughlife fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 28, 2011

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I'm not sure what the gently caress I just watched, but it was hilarious. Pink-haired skullgirl dancing around :geno: skullboy made my day.

I think the moral is: try not to take GaGa too seriously, because she sure as gently caress doesn't.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Skullboy looks totally bored.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That's probably one of the more disturbing music videos I've seen because of the contrast between the music and the imagery.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Did Grant Morrison write the opening of that video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
Was the Skullboy in the video this dude that has the Skeleton tattoos? http://www.bizarremag.com/weird-news/tattoos-body-art/7173/zombie_boy.html

If so, I'm glad he's getting work despite his crazy tattoos.

• Locked thread