Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
So let me get this straight; people are okay with images of teenage cartoon girls being mounted by erect wolves in this thread?

edit: Since it apparently isn't clear, I'm calling out the people defending the picture.

Clam Chowdown fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!

Nonbaka posted:

So let me get this straight; people are okay with images of teenage cartoon girls being mounted by erect wolves in this thread?

...no? The last few post have mostly been denouncing or making fun of said photoshop.

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

DocFrance posted:

Quick, someone photoshop a pixellated boner in there! COMEDY GOLD

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Nonbaka posted:

edit: Since it apparently isn't clear, I'm calling out the people defending the picture.

I am very much not okay with this, and would like to politely ask that people leave it out, joking or otherwise. Apart from anything else, I think it's pretty disrespectful to Siddell to throw around those kind of images of his characters when he's explicitly expressed distaste for them in the past.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Aren't you guys taking this a little too personally? I realize there's a healthy amount of respect for the comic's creator here, and he deserves it, but it was just a silly edit. I don't think the he needs to be defended from some perceived injustice against his characters. Also, we're talking about the guy who edits family circus to put the mom in sexy clothing, here. Just keep on scrolling if you don't like it.

E: \/\/ oh poo poo, really? I lost my eyesight in the great war and didn't realize. This changes everything.

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 28, 2011

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

Good Citizen posted:

Aren't you guys taking this a little too personally? I realize there's a healthy amount of respect for the comic's creator here, and he deserves it, but it was just a silly edit. I don't think the he needs to be defended from some perceived injustice against his characters. Also, we're talking about the guy who edits family circus to put the mom in sexy clothing, here. Just keep on scrolling if you don't like it.

It's an image of a cartoon 14 year old girl being sexually accosted by a wolf.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Good Citizen posted:

1. I like this comic, I have read all of it and I am interested in where it is going.

2. I like the art and it's progression. I cannot draw worth a drat, I wish I could...I would participate in photoshops and gif making. I am in no way attempting to insult the artist or their work.

3. I do have an odd sense of humor as do a lot of goons. Wonderful point brought up by good citizen...sexy family circus mom. It's perverted, in poor taste, has taboo sexual overtones...and it is a joke. Is it ok simply because family circus sucks compared Gunnerkrigg?

4. Took it down, back to normal discussions and boxdickbutt

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Replace the dick with Boxbot, thanks in advance.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

quote:

3. I do have an odd sense of humor as do a lot of goons. Wonderful point brought up by good citizen...sexy family circus mom. It's perverted, in poor taste, has taboo sexual overtones...and it is a joke. Is it ok simply because family circus sucks compared Gunnerkrigg?

It's in bad taste to make pedophilic jokes images in a thread the artist himself frequents. In fact, it's pretty much against the forum rules in any thread outside of FYAD.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!

HAmbONE posted:

Because the person being sexualized in the family circus edits is an adult and it's not a one-two punch of bestiality and pedophilia.

That, and half the humor of the Family Circus edits is the sense that something innocent and child-like is being perverted, ruined in front of our very eyes. The same philosophy taken to Gunnerkrigg really doesn't work.

The 19th Person fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 28, 2011

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Now we're throwing around pedophilia accusations? :rolleyes:

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

No, now we're moving on.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

Brannock posted:

Now we're throwing around pedophilia accusations? :rolleyes:

Not really. I don't seriously believe that the author got off on that image. I just wanted to paint the shop in the worst light possible. :v:

The 19th Person fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 28, 2011

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Unexpected EOF posted:

OK now that's funny.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.
For the record, I at least did not call Hambone a terrible person or suggest that he himself was a pedophile or Hitler or whatever. I just thought the image was in poor taste and asked him to remove it, and he did (sort of), so hurrah. We cool now, Hambone? We bros?

And for all you grandmas in this thread spilling your tea and letting out a flustered "well I never" upon seeing that image, you should know that there's already much worse stuff out there in this wide internet of ours involving your favorite GC cast members. And yes, some of it is bestiality. And no, I would not like to see any of it posted here, either.

Unexpected EOF posted:

It could only be better if you could vaguely make out Boxbot behind the mosaic censor.

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Ha oh my god you are all such over reacting children it isn't even funny

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/27521e7705a51ba2cf42ad4994ec588e11f53a2e/00000789[1].jpg[/img]

Congrats on all being pedophiles now. Who could blame anyone for taking a step forward towards bestiality considering all the violence and sexuality directed towards underaged minors within this comic strip. If anything it's amazing he hasn't acted on his impulses and made amorous advances towards any local humorously censored cartoon dogs. Fortunately I have forwarded the offending image to my local purity officer who will determine its source and have the perpetrator publicly hanged post haste.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

Coolio posted:

Congrats on all being pedophiles now. Who could blame anyone for taking a step forward towards bestiality considering all the violence and sexuality directed towards underaged minors within this comic strip.

Ha Ha. :v:

I guess it was an overreaction on my part to throw out the word pedophile, even if it wasn't aimed at the author.

I just sometimes take insult games too far.

The 19th Person fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 1, 2011

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Man, haven't any of you pansies ever had a boy dog?

Sometimes they get random boners when they're excited and happy to see you. Granted, the image can be taken way out of context, and maybe that's not even what Hambone meant by it, but that's how I read it the first time, and found it kind of funny, especially given the other involuntary response that Rey way giving (exuberant wagging).

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Holy poo poo I just realized that Mort, an ageless ghost, is in love with Annie who's... in high school? I don't even remember. Is Mort a pedophile and if Annie returned his love, is she a... ghostophiliac? I don't even know. Man it's complicated getting all bent over stupid poo poo.

Oh gently caress and there's Kat and that bird thing too. God this comic is so lewd and lascivious, it was beneath our noses all along and we were just fools being played by Tom the Depraved. Should I be clearing my cache before the FBI and that guy from that tv show gets here?

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

Wednesday can't come fast enough...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

e: on second thought probably shouldn't keep this going

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Hey, guys, how about that totally awesome comic that got posted today?

I was interested to see Coyote's binding disappear. I suppose it's less of an issue now since Coyote has control over Annie's visits (whereas he presumably didn't want to be following her around everywhere while she was living in the forest for months).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

idonotlikepeas posted:

I was interested to see Coyote's binding disappear. I suppose it's less of an issue now since Coyote has control over Annie's visits (whereas he presumably didn't want to be following her around everywhere while she was living in the forest for months).

Yeah, when I first saw it I wondered if it was just becoming invisible but on closer examination it definitely seemed to be breaking up.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Man, here I thought all these new posts were about today's update but no :ughh:.

Anyhow, I must be as dense as a neutron star because I was re-reading book 2 and just now connected the whole "descendant of a fire elemental" thing and Annie's encounter with Martin in chapter 16.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Yeah, it's interesting that she was asked to deal with that one specifically.

For people who don't want to go back and look, here's a particularly appropriate panel:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I'm glad the binding's gone, I was hoping it was temporary. I guess it really confirms that coyote doesn't care if the Court knows about the tooth. Or really about the Court at all. :v:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Or that it's just a matter of the Coyote's power not being able to extend within the Court.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Looks like Tom posted the next page early? Quick, before he realizes!

All I have to say about the page itself: :3:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

D'awww, wuv.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Darn, I missed the new page. Guess I'll have to wait till Wednesday. Given Annie's time in the forest I wonder how that will effect her interactions with people of the court or maybe shed some light on the mysteries.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Revolver Bunker posted:

Darn, I missed the new page. Guess I'll have to wait till Wednesday. Given Annie's time in the forest I wonder how that will effect her interactions with people of the court or maybe shed some light on the mysteries.
Like what people have said, I feel like it might strain her relationship with Kat. Not just because of the forest/court thing, but because she vanished for an entire summer. I went back to look at the treatise; I'd forgotten how beautiful it was. I wonder if Jeanne is going to become more relevant. Maybe Annie got the forest's side of the story? I wonder if the "she" in "From the Forest She Came" is Annie or a new character. Or Jeanne.

Also I read City Face again. What a great interlude.

STOP IT
STOP ALL THIS NONSENSE

end

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Elysiume posted:

I wonder if the "she" in "From the Forest She Came" is Annie or a new character. Or Jeanne.

Interesting thought. I assumed the "she" is still Annie and the chapter title refers to her return, but it's possible it could be Jones, and we'll see more of her backstory this chapter. She does have a history with Coyote, as we've seen, so who knows.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tarezax posted:

All I have to say about the page itself: :3:

Aw, you weren't kidding. :3:

Elysiume posted:

Like what people have said, I feel like it might strain her relationship with Kat. Not just because of the forest/court thing, but because she vanished for an entire summer. I went back to look at the treatise; I'd forgotten how beautiful it was. I wonder if Jeanne is going to become more relevant.

I'm not sure how divided Kat and Annie are going to be, if you look at the treatise, they're still tied together through Annie's hair, and through a heart at that.
I imagine Kat will yell at Annie, and then she'll hug her and cry a bit.
Unless a science experiment went terribly wrong and she's now a cold unfeeling robot :ohdear:
I kid.

The story seems to be leading to Jeanne and her elf(?) lover, who he was, why the Court stopped them, and what they killed him with that made the water impassable.
Also robots.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
That's how you write honest, heartfelt reconciliation. :3: indeed.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Aaawwwwww..... :3: Now all that's left is to see what Kat's been up to.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Revolver Bunker posted:

Aaawwwwww..... :3: Now all that's left is to see what Kat's been up to.
Somehow, I suspect that reunion may not be as heartwarming.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

Somehow, I suspect that reunion may not be as heartwarming.

I think it will depend on how much context Kat has been given. If she knew Annie was in full emotional breakdown mode, having learned that she caused the death of her mother and everyone has been keeping that a secret from her, then I can see her being understanding, if a bit miffed. If she was just told that Annie changed plans last second... I don't think I would want to be within a three mile radius of their reunion.

I'm sort of guessing the latter at this point.

The 19th Person fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 2, 2011

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Man, really? I cannot see Kat being angry with Annie. First, she must have been given at least some indication of why Annie bailed on their plans - even if that indication was just 'Uh, she's upset about something.' - she and her parents are close enough with Eglamore that I'm certain he'd have mentioned the almost being set on fire by a hormonal teenager incident. Second, even if she was angry at the time, she's had an entire summer to calm down and wonder about Annie's motivations. Third, Kat just doesn't have an angry grudge-holding personality, especially when it comes to Annie. The girls are close, they've been through a few rough times together, and they trust each other. So they didn't get their holiday together, big woop. I still can't picture Kat being seriously angry.

E: Even if Kat was only told 'she changed her plans at the last minute', points two and three still apply. I'd imagine she knows Annie well enough to guess she wouldn't just pull a 180 on their plans for no reason at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I feel like an Annie/Kat split for a short period was inevitable since he's put so much importance on their friendship, and I think this would be the perfect time for that.