Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Who is this annoying Debbie the Amazing Pets Lady?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Just because.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH7A2F5_M2A

e: this needs to go in the op on the next thread

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 2, 2011

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

musclecoder posted:

They saw him coming from a mile away. That salesperson made their commission early and called it a day. 5 grand? Hahah.

Listen you have to invest. This DSLR stuff, its new. The S stands for simcard, Robin.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Where can I get one of these "Wired" magazines? I never see this "Wired" magazine anywhere!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

musclecoder posted:

They saw him coming from a mile away. That salesperson made their commission early and called it a day. 5 grand? Hahah.

Even a cheap DSLR is about a grand, and if he got 2 or 3 lenses and a battery pack and cases, I could see 5 grand even without any crazy mark up. Now I am sure the guy sold Howard the nice stuff, but 5 MILLION GRAAAAAND in DSLR equipment doesn't really get you super far, even buying used which Howard would never do.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Even a cheap DSLR is about a grand, and if he got 2 or 3 lenses and a battery pack and cases, I could see 5 grand even without any crazy mark up. Now I am sure the guy sold Howard the nice stuff, but 5 MILLION GRAAAAAND in DSLR equipment doesn't really get you super far, even buying used which Howard would never do.

I'm not photographer but why start with all professional equipment instead of getting something that's a little easier to use as you learn. And he never goes anywhere, what's he going to take pictures of?

Since I'm a musician, I tend to love these kind of people. A guy in his 30s suddenly decides he wants to play guitar so he goes to the music store and they convince him he needs a US made Fender Strat with a top of the line digital effects unit and amp plus a pedal board and home recording software.

2 months later the guy can barely play the into to a Stones song so he says "gently caress it!" and pawns everything. Guys like me then get like-new equipment for a faction of the cost.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He doesn't have to be thrifty, that's why.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Yup. Five minutes of Ronnie yelling "What's your job" at callers.

The WUS, ladies and gentleman.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Following Jason on Twitter is really great - he gives updates when something good is coming up. His updates come through on my Twitter feed via Trillian. He scooped Howard about Charlie Sheen being on yesterday, too. Gave me time to tune in.

@siriusjay

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Kelly posted:

Following Jason on Twitter is really great - he gives updates when something good is coming up. His updates come through on my Twitter feed via Trillian. He scooped Howard about Charlie Sheen being on yesterday, too. Gave me time to tune in.

@siriusjay

Isn't this what they were trying to do a few years ago? When Tim Sabian was screaming for everyone to be on Twitter and Gary totally hosed it up?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Exactly...it's what Tim was all about for a couple weeks. And Gary is such a dope he wasn't using the official Twitter correctly. If I am remembering correctly, they were goofing on Tim about it too. Gary's official Twitter updates were like "Howard 100 News at Noon!" Jason's are more like this "Ronnie is having his own Charlie Sheen moment on TWUS. Tune in now!"

Which is more useful? The official stream could be like that if Gary wasn't old and stupid.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted
Yeah it would be cool if they had the official stern show twitter just to tweet about the little behind the scenes poo poo during the show. poo poo like taking a pic of Sal in the monkey/booey mask teasing Gary, or maybe every day they could tweet what sports steam sweatshirt John Hein is wearing.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I hope to God Richard and Sal see his. http://www.dc101.com/pages/charlie_soundboard/player/

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
There was a small error yesterday that caught my attention. During the Charlie Sheen interview, he mentioned that he won "best picture" without even trying. Howard mentioned Wall Street.

Platoon won best picture.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

burmart posted:

Yup. Five minutes of Ronnie yelling "What's your job" at callers.

The WUS, ladies and gentleman.

They should use that as the hello line. "And this is Janine from Long Island. Janine, what's your job?"

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
God Piers Morgan is trying to milk that Charlie Sheen interview for all its worth.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
isn't it pronounced "Pierce" ?? Howard seems to be saying it literally

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
He's annoying cause he is acting like this is his Hugh Grant moment, meanwhile Charlie Sheen has been doing tons of interviews and giving the same information to everyone.

mike_348 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 2, 2011

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Millstone posted:

isn't it pronounced "Pierce" ?? Howard seems to be saying it literally

It's pronounced "Peers" by english people

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Piers is doing Charlie a favor by letting him on his show.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

I look forward to the eventual OD death(or possibly a murder-suicide) and Hollywood mourning the loss of one of their own.

e:

I love this stuff.

Also, was any of the HPM stuff today worth a listen?

To be fair, most people who buy nice cameras to take fancy pictures hardly know how to use them.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

To be fair, most people who buy nice cameras to take fancy pictures hardly know how to use them.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Vakal posted:

I'm looking back and forth between the two right now and I cannot stop laughing.

Also I loved the bit with the crazy webcam chick today, Richard and Sal's calls are still highlights of the show for me and when they started trolling her in-person I was in heaven. It really reminded me of how much Howard's lost his bite though, she kept saying "I'm not going to answer that!" and "This isn't the sex show!" whenever he'd go into her personal life, and I kept waiting for Howard to go "Well why the gently caress did you come in here if you're not going to answer anything? This is the sex show. This is MY show!" but he just sorta let it pass by even though it happened 5-6 times.

Speaking of Richard and Sal calls, that one where Richard called a talk-show about growing up in a haunted house where he started listing all the spooky stuff he saw was incredible. It's such a simple concept, but his delivery and how the hosts hang with him until he finally gets absurd just kills me. Same as the time he called Tradio with a device that measured everything known to man. I was entering class while listening and nearly had an aneurysm stifling my laughter.

"...and ghoulies, and spiders, and bigfoot, and poltergeists, and sharks, and MexicansOK thanks for the call!"

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 2, 2011

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Vakal posted:

Im trying to think of something more substantial to post apart from lol. Its tricky.

Looks like the city east of Tripoli in the hands of the revolutionaries!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
That reminds me of my favorite little piece of Kelsey Grammer video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuQAEVLljF4

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

It's like two potatoes landed on earth.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

I'm looking back and forth between the two right now and I cannot stop laughing.

Also I loved the bit with the crazy webcam chick today, Richard and Sal's calls are still highlights of the show for me and when they started trolling her in-person I was in heaven. It really reminded me of how much Howard's lost his bite though, she kept saying "I'm not going to answer that!" and "This isn't the sex show!" whenever he'd go into her personal life, and I kept waiting for Howard to go "Well why the gently caress did you come in here if you're not going to answer anything? This is the sex show. This is MY show!" but he just sorta let it pass by even though it happened 5-6 times.

I do more than my share of bitching about the current state of the show in this thread, but that segment with the parrot/pet woman today reminded me of why I pay for Sirius.

Howard taking on the mentally unbalanced is solid gold, and what hooked me years back! I didn't flip to Playboy or Faction for the entire segment, which is rare these days.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
oh man is that on Youtube? I looked, couldnt find it. I loved that call.

In return and I know it's been posted before but Artie and Courtney Love

it's amazing

Archetype, Bumble and Bumble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngV4xV-JV8

edit; anyone know the date of that show?

chiz fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 3, 2011

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Alkaphanel posted:

I didn't flip to Playboy

Whoa! Not trying to bust your balls or anything, but is there really something listenable on there? I mean, I have tried to give it a shot but every time I turn it on it seems like its just some babbling cunts talking to some really pathetic guy on the phone.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Fred adding the music is the best. Its a great back and forth between the two of them, though. Definitely one of the more underrated clips from the show.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Oh Sal!

@GovernaleSal posted:

On treadmill at gym, hot girl in front of me running real fast. I'm pretending we're in a rape chase.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Whoa! Not trying to bust your balls or anything, but is there really something listenable on there? I mean, I have tried to give it a shot but every time I turn it on it seems like its just some babbling cunts talking to some really pathetic guy on the phone.

You've summed it up pretty well, and I dont have much of a defense. The morning show is just barely better than the local morning zoos here in Vancouver. Otherwise, I listen to it for the same reason that I was riveted by the internet radio lady today. Radio hosts questioning the mentally ill, unfortunately on Playboy they're actually nice to them, when radio gold could be had by grilling these freaks.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
That parrot lady was so bad I actually turned it off for a few minutes. Thank god I turned it back on before Rickyman called in. I almost pissed myself laughing. T-O-P-L-E-S-S makes me laugh every loving time ever. I only wish they could have dropped in "Scoresman, got a tattoo"

About the Richard haunted house call, my favorite Richard listing stuff call was when he called some huge buffet place like Golden Corral or Old Country Buffet and started off "Do you steak on the buffet, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, cheese, dinner rolls, cornbread, muffins....:" and named literally every single thing on the menu asking if they had it...like 60 things. I was loving dying

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

The wrestling one too - that was one of his first ones. "I used to watch..." then he went off down the line naming wrestlers that sounded made up. Richard listing things is one of my favorite bits.

That, and when he calls places and they call him "sir" when he is doing his Ethel voice and he gets all offended.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Ribsauce posted:

That parrot lady was so bad I actually turned it off for a few minutes. Thank god I turned it back on before Rickyman called in. I almost pissed myself laughing. T-O-P-L-E-S-S makes me laugh every loving time ever. I only wish they could have dropped in "Scoresman, got a tattoo"

Anytime Howard goofs on Ronnie it's great. I was let down with the strip club clips this morning, especially with how long he delayed playing them. Giving Ronnie poo poo for being a 70 year old guy at a strip club acting like that is a highlight for me.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Ronnie is mega-creepy. He looks good for an old dude, but he's way too old to be carrying on the way he does.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

musclecoder posted:

Anytime Howard goofs on Ronnie it's great. I was let down with the strip club clips this morning, especially with how long he delayed playing them. Giving Ronnie poo poo for being a 70 year old guy at a strip club acting like that is a highlight for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOB4j3D_mD0

Kelly posted:

The wrestling one too - that was one of his first ones. "I used to watch..." then he went off down the line naming wrestlers that sounded made up. Richard listing things is one of my favorite bits.

That, and when he calls places and they call him "sir" when he is doing his Ethel voice and he gets all offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ejT7nl55ag

I almost hate to say that all of those names are real. I'm guessing he grew up watching AWA and NWA

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 3, 2011

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Bonzo posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ejT7nl55ag

I almost hate to say that all of those names are real. I'm guessing he grew up watching AWA and NWA

Thanks for this...I love this one. Richard could seriously put out a compilation of these. I would buy one. Too bad Howard won't let them.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Ronnie can be a creepy gently caress, but he has given the show some great moments.
I really want to know what caused Bonnie to leave him after like 20 years. He must have hosed some stripper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Can you cum dressed like that?