Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Ohh I wasn't actually asking if there were nice places, I live here in a small town myself. I was just taking a dig at Kin for moaning about Dundee, then Falkirk and then having a pop at Alloa too. Wait... 23 hours?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Somebody should do a program about the towns in this country that aren't industrial wastelands to visit and possibly live in.

And list why they are success and use other towns as an example what not to do.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Leyburn posted:

Ohh I wasn't actually asking if there were nice places, I live here in a small town myself. I was just taking a dig at Kin for moaning about Dundee, then Falkirk and then having a pop at Alloa too. Wait... 23 hours?!

Surprise, surprise, Dundee is a shithole, Falkirk is stagnant and Alloa is almost non-existant to anyone that doesn't live there.

Kin fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 3, 2011

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

"Four celebrities are spending a week living in a slum, to find out what it really means to spend a lifetime there."

Well, if you only live for a week, I guess.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist the editorial independence of Sky News was the only issue.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
so I'm watching the end of a repeat of Air Crash Investigation and for some reason, someone thought it was hilarious to speed up the continuity announcer's voice to helium levels. Anyway, Mad Dogs is on, best not disappoint.

delicious beef
Feb 5, 2006

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:
Is anyone watching Love Thy Neighbour? Pretty draw dropping so far.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The end of Mad Dogs was pretty open and I'm hoping they get picked up for a second series.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

The end of Mad Dogs was pretty open and I'm hoping they get picked up for a second series.

I'm not entirely sure it should. I kind of like the open-endedness of it and leave it at that. Unless the second series replaces Ben Chaplin with Marc Warren, as I hate that twat. I would pay to see him get cut up with an electric carving knife.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm still annoyed they haven't officially confirmed another Discworld adaption. I'm sure they will get the next one right enough.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm still annoyed they haven't officially confirmed another Discworld adaption. I'm sure they will get the next one right enough.

Was Going Postal any good? I liked Hogfather but I thought Colour of Magic was a bit poo poo, so I didn't bother with Going Postal.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Triple Ebay.

The joys of a good pun.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Pablo Bluth posted:

Triple Ebay.

The joys of a good pun.

I think that segment used up my pun tolerance quota for the next three years. Still, it's nice that they found a use for the old Generation Game conveyor belt.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Once again, you can't get a single Tory representative on the tv without the phrase "the previous government did..." getting said by them. I really wish that these guys would make a whole segment on that.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Its no different than when any party gets in to power; spend as long as you can blaming issues on the previous bunch. Labour did it. The current lot do it. Labour will do it when they get back in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey guys, I know what's funny! Comedy accents!

:ughh:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Kin posted:

Once again, you can't get a single Tory representative on the tv without the phrase "the previous government did..." getting said by them. I really wish that these guys would make a whole segment on that.

It reminds me of when Tony Blair used to say 'since 1997' over and over at PMQs.

That Carr sketch about the olympic logo was pretty appalling.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

Its no different than when any party gets in to power; spend as long as you can blaming issues on the previous bunch. Labour did it. The current lot do it. Labour will do it when they get back in.

And that should prevent this show from taking the utter piss out of them for doing that why?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Was Going Postal any good? I liked Hogfather but I thought Colour of Magic was a bit poo poo, so I didn't bother with Going Postal.

It was decent, a few bits from the book were cut or streamlined for running time but it was as good as Hogfather if you ask me :).

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
got round to watching how tv ruined your life, interesting to see Noel Edmonds single handedly invented ebay, napster and skype in the 80's. I wonder what Deal or no deal has in store for in the future?

edit forgot to type some words like a big babby

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 4, 2011

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

LE0N posted:

I wonder what Deal or no deal for in the future?

Online euthanasia.

edit: you take part in a digital version of deal or no deal with unlimited boxes and unlimited price values. You continue to open boxes until you either kill yourself or your brain liquifies.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

LE0N posted:

got round to watching how tv ruined your life, interesting to see Noel Edmonds single handedly invented ebay, napster and skype in the 80's. I wonder what Deal or no deal for in the future?

I also find it pretty appalling that there isn't even a Nandos on the moon.

SuperFurryAnimal
May 10, 2004
Super Furry Animal
The second series of Limmy's Show (BBC2 Scotland, iPlayer) is absolutely amazing so far as expected. Limmy is definetely my favourite comedian in the UK at the moment, and the show deserves to be on in all regions (loving Mock the Week repeats instead).

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Regarding a second series of Mad Dogs, the status on its wiki is: Second series planning underway.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Leyburn posted:

I don't think Sky News is a bad news channel at all *shurgs*.

It's an absolute joke.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

SuperFurryAnimal posted:

The second series of Limmy's Show (BBC2 Scotland, iPlayer) is absolutely amazing so far as expected. Limmy is definetely my favourite comedian in the UK at the moment, and the show deserves to be on in all regions (loving Mock the Week repeats instead).

Yes, the first series was a little rough around the edges (but still great), but this series has been utterly sublime so far. I can't believe they'd rather show repeats of Mock the Week rather than something that's genuinely clever, funny and entertaining

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Leyburn posted:

Hardly sullies the whole channel though does it. You see more good investigative stuff on Sky than you do on BBC24.

I think it does sully the whole thing. Kay Burley is absolutely vile. If presenters can be sacked for off-camera sexism or drunken phonecalls how can she keep her job? Everyone involved in that disgusting interview should have been sacked, and the fact that they haven't is a massive failure on Sky's part.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Kin posted:

Stirling's not bad, but that's not technically a town anymore.

Your perception of reality has become so warped through years of sitting around and bathing in a huge tub of self pity that you are now mad enough to think that Stirling (the town whose high street consists of a McDonalds, a post office and an argos) is not that bad. It's a hole. A retirement village with added neds. You are a mental. Seek help immediately.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Don't forget Adam Boulton too. He's a massive bellend.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sion posted:

Your perception of reality has become so warped through years of sitting around and bathing in a huge tub of self pity that you are now mad enough to think that Stirling (the town whose high street consists of a McDonalds, a post office and an argos) is not that bad. It's a hole. A retirement village with added neds. You are a mental. Seek help immediately.

My perception of reality has probably been warped after living in Dundee for 9 years.

Kin fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 4, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

thehustler posted:

Don't forget Adam Boulton too. He's a massive bellend.

Is he the political commentator? Anyway, I remember distinctly during the last election someone, I think it was him, doing some piece of reporting from parliament square and from behind him a random yelled "gently caress off Boulton you fat oval office" and repeatedly heckling him for the duration of the segment.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Doakes posted:

Regarding a second series of Mad Dogs, the status on its wiki is: Second series planning underway.

Good to know.

SKY News used to be decent a few years ago, back when they had desks and no retarded helicopter.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Reminder that Sky News tried (unsuccessfully, thank gently caress) to set up Richard Littlejohn as some kind of British Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly. They are awful.

And if anyone here has Sky tv they are part of the problem and should feel terrible.

lionlegs
Feb 16, 2005
Ask me about my lego spheres!
The other great thing about the return of Adam and Joe is that it means Joe has finished his film!

Trailer here: http://www.empireonline.com/video/attacktheblock/
and Joe on Film 2011 here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00z61qr/Film_2011_with_Claudia_Winkleman_Episode_8/

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."

marktheando posted:

And if anyone here has Sky tv they are part of the problem and should feel terrible.
Wake up sheeple!

RUPERT MURDOCH - A PORTRAIT OF SATAN
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/2011/01/rupert_murdoch_-_a_portrait_of.html

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

lionlegs posted:

The other great thing about the return of Adam and Joe is that it means Joe has finished his film!

Trailer here: http://www.empireonline.com/video/attacktheblock/
and Joe on Film 2011 here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00z61qr/Film_2011_with_Claudia_Winkleman_Episode_8/

This looks really good. I've been loving these kind of council estate kind of films recently, I've seen Kidulthood, Adulthood, This Is England and Harry Brown. Can anyone recommend anything else along these lines?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Is he the political commentator? Anyway, I remember distinctly during the last election someone, I think it was him, doing some piece of reporting from parliament square and from behind him a random yelled "gently caress off Boulton you fat oval office" and repeatedly heckling him for the duration of the segment.

Sounds familiar but I can't find a clip on youtube.

But here's Bolton throwing a tired and emotional wobbly at Alastair Campbell on live TV which is always worth a laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gkHwU4DRA8

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."

Bogmonster posted:

This looks really good. I've been loving these kind of council estate kind of films recently, I've seen Kidulthood, Adulthood, This Is England and Harry Brown. Can anyone recommend anything else along these lines?

Kes
Tina Goes Shopping
Twin Town

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Preview from next week's How TV Ruined Your Life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNKuIdAPvuQ

They're obviously bestest mates now, so I'm calling it: a Brooker cameo on the next series of Peep Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Damm, I wish I was on a flight run by Laura Solon