Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Here is my cat, Robert Meachem the Girl Cat. She's sleepin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityPrawnBoy
Jan 19, 2006

theres a dog trapped inside your guitar
Reserved these guys from an adoption centre today. Hopefully picking them up next weekend. They are 7 months old and needed re-homing after their old owners moved into a place where they couldn't have pets.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

We found a dog. Fliers are up, county animal control and local humane society notified, internet postings also up. The group we work with scanned him and he has no chip, and of course no tags.

He has a temporary name of Fatty Magoo. Not crate trained, but doing fairly well in one, and is just generally an absolute sweetheart. My roommate was the one that saw him while driving. She stopped, opened her car door, and he jumped in.

bieber goggles
Dec 31, 2009
New puppy, Annie (boxer/pit bull). The old man, Jack, is sleeping in the background

Zsa Zsa Gabor
Feb 22, 2006

I don't do drugs, if I want a rush I just get out of the chair when I'm not expecting it

Druggachusettes posted:

Is your cat Batman Cat?

Hell yeah!

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

We've dropped all pretense at this point

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I like turtles posted:

We found a dog. Fliers are up, county animal control and local humane society notified, internet postings also up. The group we work with scanned him and he has no chip, and of course no tags.

He has a temporary name of Fatty Magoo. Not crate trained, but doing fairly well in one, and is just generally an absolute sweetheart. My roommate was the one that saw him while driving. She stopped, opened her car door, and he jumped in.

Yay, Fatty's person has been found, he's going home tonight.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nahbahsah
Aug 9, 2010
Here is my pet octopus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCKfg6C_p8U

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Someone found this little guy at about 4 weeks old in a ditch and brought him into the shelter where I was volunteering. He was sick with a bladder infection, and too young to be vaccinated so the staff was going to put him to sleep. I said I would take him home and have had him since. He doesn't act like other dogs, probably from being separated from mom and the rest of the litter way too early, and I always wondered if maybe he had brain damage from the infection he had.

Here is a picture from him at about 8 weeks I think.

And here he is at 15 years old. He watches television. Not only does he watch television but he has favorite programs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i-jlQitXyE

I have no idea why he likes COPS so much but it is his favorite.

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:

Robo Olga posted:

Someone found this little guy at about 4 weeks old in a ditch and brought him into the shelter where I was volunteering. He was sick with a bladder infection, and too young to be vaccinated so the staff was going to put him to sleep. I said I would take him home and have had him since. He doesn't act like other dogs, probably from being separated from mom and the rest of the litter way too early, and I always wondered if maybe he had brain damage from the infection he had.

Here is a picture from him at about 8 weeks I think.

And here he is at 15 years old. He watches television. Not only does he watch television but he has favorite programs.

Oh my goodness, what a strange dog. He was all "gently caress yeah, Cops is back on!" You have a very awesome dog :3:

This is my new-ish dog, Riley. She is some sort of Chihuahua mix. She originally came from a shelter in Sacramento, CA and made it to Eastern Washington.

Here she is modeling her new sweater. And yes, she is as derpy as she appears. She enjoys eating and drinking with one back leg in the air :iiam:

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso

A Sleepy Budgie posted:

Here she is modeling her new sweater. And yes, she is as derpy as she appears. She enjoys eating and drinking with one back leg in the air :iiam:

What a lady!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

A Sleepy Budgie posted:

Oh my goodness, what a strange dog. He was all "gently caress yeah, Cops is back on!" You have a very awesome dog :3:

This is my new-ish dog, Riley. She is some sort of Chihuahua mix. She originally came from a shelter in Sacramento, CA and made it to Eastern Washington.

I'm not sure there's much "mix" in there. She looks like a BYB deerhead Chihuahua to me. But it's hard to tell from that angle.

Cohen likes to be comfortable.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Robo Olga posted:

Holy poo poo I was excited FOR his excitement and was not disappointed. That is so awesome, I don't even know why it made me really happy, but gently caress yeah. COPS.

LOOK. LOOK AT ME. I AM DIAZ.

pay attention. by sabarika, on Flickr

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

huskyjackal posted:

Holy poo poo I was excited FOR his excitement and was not disappointed. That is so awesome, I don't even know why it made me really happy, but gently caress yeah. COPS.

LOOK. LOOK AT ME. I AM DIAZ.

Diaz is such a great looking dog, she is a cattle dog x husky right? My parents have the same mix. Looks like a husky except with a blue-mottled coat but he is much more obedient. I assume he gets that from the cattle dog.

I used to think King liked COPS so much because of the action but I'm not sure if that's it. The action in Black Hawk Down for example upset him, he got up and checked on the three people in the house and then went and sat in the other room under a desk after the helicopter was shot down.

He loves Iron Chef too and for some reason X-Weighted although there is no action in that.

InsanityPrawnBoy
Jan 19, 2006

new cats!

migee
Jan 29, 2009
Found this picture from my phone awhile ago, completely forgot.

One of her 'ugly days'. Just missing drool and kibble bits throughout her fur. She's not massive, but the angle or lighting or something...

EnterTheFoo
Jul 3, 2007
I'm big down under.

She didn't think it was offensive but understood why she shouldn't do it again.

EnterTheFoo fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 6, 2011

Poopy
Jul 31, 2010

Boris by Peita Louise Photography, on Flickr

This is Boris, he likes to sleep and eat and scratch people when they pick him up.

hyregur
Feb 11, 2011
My cat Craichuli, she really sleeps in this position.

Enjoying the heat from the dishwasher.

yoslow
Apr 23, 2006

Yo slow
My girlfriends cat Melvin that she got for free from the local SPCA.

Our dog Leo. I don't know what he is exactly, probably a German Shepard/lab mix.

Puppy pics of Leo!

Wat Kyk Jy
Oct 23, 2010

What are you looking at?
I like Boris's color!

Here is my cat Horace!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Cross-post from the Purebread topic, here is my BFs cat Gato. He's a ragdoll and he's pretty passive for a cat. Sometimes he's kinda :downs: about stuff but he's chill.

He's quiet most of the time unless he wants attention or if I'm bugging him too much. He's extremely social however and is known to whore himself whoever will pay more attention to him at the moment.

He's pretty much become my cat as well over time.

Purple_slug
Nov 27, 2007

LONG POST WARNING! These pictures have been a long time coming but I need to give some back-story first.

After graduating from college in May, I decided to get a cat. My mom knew of a lady who was looking to give away some kittens. When the lady dropped the kitten off, he was scrawny, malnourished, riddled with fleas/tapeworms and had goopy eyes. And to top it all off, the little dude was deaf. My heart broke. Despite my mom's hesitation, I vowed to take care of the poor kitten. We named him Charlie.

This is Charlie as a kitten.

Took him to the vet and he got better.

Playing in a tree.

Tough Guy

Charlie is the best cat I've ever had. He's just really adorable and incredibly cuddly. Also, he loves water like no one's business. He deafness has never caused any issues except that he's not allowed outside and has a funny, loud meow. Another thing about the deaf thing is that he doesn't like it when people are out of his sight so he gets lonely. My solution was to get another cat!

This is Barney. I first saw him back in early December when I was poking around Petsmart. They have a little area where AC Paws keeps some of their shelter cats. He was super lovey and friendly. I didn't think about him again until I was in two weeks later and saw that he hadn't been adopted yet. It was third time I saw him, now in late January, that I knew I had to adopt him. He was really mopey and refused to come to the gate. My heart broke all over again. (I'm a sucker for sad cats.) I got in contact with AC Paws, fostered him for two weeks and then made the adoption official. He's still really skittish (he was actually with AC Paws for a whole year BTW: he's only three) but he's making a ton of progress. Oh! And Charlie and Barney get along and are cat buddies now.

Handsome!

BFF

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Purple_slug posted:

Cats!

I love your defective kitties!

Meet Sammich! He's a lover, a killer of vermin, and he has a wonky ear from when he had a hematoma!

Camoflage Cat!

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso

Purple_slug posted:

BFF

I LOVE your story and your boys. So adorable.

I found Garth sitting again. He looks like a cat version of The Blob. (Pardon the blur...I took more with the flash on, but his eyes look scary.)

Archr5
Sep 26, 2003

Trying desperately to be popular since 1982.
My and my wife's first dog is coming home on Tuesday.

Her name is Buffy.
We found her at the local shelter, she's 3 years old.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys

Tilly 'helping' me with my paper.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
Spider-cat. First time she's done this, it better not become a habit :stare:

InsanityPrawnBoy
Jan 19, 2006

Dexter

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

We got a new camera so Tugboat gets her picture taken.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

DONT DO IT posted:

Tilly 'helping' me with my paper.

Is this the cat that always makes an appearance in you guys' LPs?

Meet Butters

:buddy:

Poopy
Jul 31, 2010
Tugboat and Butters are adorable! (And Tugboat is an awesome name)

Had to put my doggy down not long ago, I miss him.
But I've still got an angry kitty, so I guess that's something.
My brother picked him up today, he was not amused. Have some more Boris.

Bonus (Things I do instead of assignments edition):

Belisama
Jan 5, 2011
Dudley graduated Petsmart's beginner obedience class this past Friday. He's so SMRT! :-)

Also, he must be cousin to the anteater-dog I saw around PI earlier..

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Mowg the Bengal.

Kitten:

Yawning:

Showing off:

Perching:

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
Zeus, my partner-in-rentacopping.

Flynn, my housemate's new doggie.

Duke.
Can't even drive a manual, the useless sod.

Lurch fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 19, 2011

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Belisama posted:

Also, he must be cousin to the anteater-dog I saw around PI earlier..

This one?

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
This is Maggie, my 14 week old Aussie, and my neighbors 3 year old Aussie, Augustus.

Auggie was giving her lessons as to how to be a little poo poo.

evil imp
Dec 29, 2008
Hello goons, I present for you adorations and worship Mr. O, or Oreo if you're in less formal settings. Little did I know this tiny little timid kitten I adopted from the local spca would turn into this giant shaggy 13 pound menace. He's the most graceless doofus ever but is a total buddy cat. Super mild mannered and tolerant although he has a habit of hiding from new people. I suspect there might be some maine goon genes in there somewhere, under all that fur.

Why yes, look how smug I am! Behold my smugness filthy ape thing and be awed!

Here he is with his stuffed cow toy he had from the person who was fostering him, he rarely admits to playing with it but I often find it in new places each morning!

He also has one of those balls in a fixed plastic circle track that he delights in moving around each night as far as he can. I've found it in the office and crammed up against any and all obstacles in the living room. One morning it was just gone, took me a good 5 minutes of scratching my head and wondering if I was crazy to find it jammed up between the tv and dvd rack in the corner.

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

My cat could beat up your cat. In a tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopWallace
Sep 8, 2004

free balloon day
A picture of my old dog Pretzel back when he was a pup. Sadly, he passed away a few years back at the age of 16.

Bonus pic of 5-6 year old me hanging out with him:

• Locked thread