Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Friday Night Dinner this week was brilliant.

"Because I live in the world."

Metrication fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Bitten by a bee :(

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

wickles posted:

Kes
Tina Goes Shopping
Twin Town

First two series of Shameless

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
I didn't like last weeks Friday night dinner, but quite enjoyed this week's. I might stick with it.

e

It seemed like there was more time for funny bits this week. The duck radio, The Bee sting, and everything that Mark Heap did.

Wikipedia seems to indicate that there's only three episodes. Is that all they've made so far? scrap that, I can't read.

Ben Soosneb fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 4, 2011

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I find it a bit weird how on a programme like Fast and Loose, where they're showing off lesser known comedians, they still have episodes with only a single woman. Could they not find any more who'd agree to do it? Did they not look?

edit - Especially as the ones they DO have are just upgrading from radio 4/7 to TV.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

goatface posted:

I find it a bit weird how on a programme like Fast and Loose, where they're showing off lesser known comedians, they still have episodes with only a single woman. Could they not find any more who'd agree to do it? Did they not look?

edit - Especially as the ones they DO have are just upgrading from radio 4/7 to TV.

It's because the show really isn't that good. It's Who's Line is it Anyway but far too scripted.

I get the feeling the inital pitch was for a WliiA show but they had to make it different enough so they wouldn't get into legal trouble but it seems the stuff they've removed (the spontanious stuff/audience participation) is a huge reason why who's line was amazing.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
Whilst flicking through the channels I happened upon two pints of lager, for a moment I thought I was watching that parody of similar sit-coms I saw a few weeks back but I can't remember what it was. Any ideas? It was basically this man and a woman in a flat talking about wanking or something.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The one with The Actor Kevin Eldon in How TV Ruined Your Life?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

pisshead posted:

Whilst flicking through the channels I happened upon two pints of lager, for a moment I thought I was watching that parody of similar sit-coms I saw a few weeks back but I can't remember what it was. Any ideas? It was basically this man and a woman in a flat talking about wanking or something.

Charlie Brooker skit with the actor Kevin Eldon.

...I hope I did that joke right.

e: Goatface! :argh:

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

marktheando posted:

And if anyone here has Sky tv they are part of the problem and should feel terrible.

Anyone who likes to watch football in hd is scum lads.

Anyone who thinks the BBC is a good source of news because they are 'independent' is part of the loving problem imo.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Leyburn posted:

Anyone who likes to watch football in hd is scum lads.

What are you even on about? i like to see the intricate awful tattoo's and bad facial hair my team sport up close so i know exactly what not to look like in public.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
My mate wanted us to watch his old tape of the 1966 final the other week, the colours were well sketchy and it wasn't even in HD! I beat him into turning it off and watching a downloaded HD copy of an Everton vs. Bolton 0-0 draw instead. Some people just don't know how to watch football.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
10 O'Clock Live seemed to go by without a whine this week. All I will say is that everyone has already heard the one about the Olympic logo looking like Lisa Simpson sucking someone off and people need to stop telling it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rastamouse is more amazing the more episodes I watch.

Those people who said it's racist need to be deported.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

goatface posted:

Rastamouse is more amazing the more episodes I watch.

Those people who said it's racist need to be deported.

I've got a three year old nephew and I've spent a fair bit of time trying to get him to like it, mainly so I've got an excuse to watch it myself. He doesn't really watch that much kids telly and doesn't really seem that interested. I've given up with the pretence and just watch it alone.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

I know it's from pages ago and it's not British, but I really enjoyed the couple of episodes of Bob's Burgers I watched on 4OD. It might be because I've been hypnotised by H. Jon Benjamin's voice ever since they used to show Dr. Katz on Paramount Comedy but I really got into it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Crackerman posted:

I know it's from pages ago and it's not British, but I really enjoyed the couple of episodes of Bob's Burgers I watched on 4OD. It might be because I've been hypnotised by H. Jon Benjamin's voice ever since they used to show Dr. Katz on Paramount Comedy but I really got into it.

It is nice to have an animated cartoon that doesn't do the annoying as gently caress pop culture gags and have characters that aren't obnoxius pricks you know?

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah exactly. It's funny because the characters and their interactions are funny and feel fairly real, not just "HEY REMEMBER X!?"

I'd like to know how it was scripted and recorded, it sounds almost ad-libbed in places much like Dr. Katz did.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Kin posted:

It's because the show really isn't that good. It's Who's Line is it Anyway but far too scripted.

I get the feeling the inital pitch was for a WliiA show but they had to make it different enough so they wouldn't get into legal trouble but it seems the stuff they've removed (the spontanious stuff/audience participation) is a huge reason why who's line was amazing.
Obviously this comes with an improv show, but it's very hit and miss. The misses outweight the hits really so I always find it really unsatisfying. One of the mjaor problems is Hugh Dennis. I don't understand it, does he actually think he's being loving funny?

I also really just watch it for Laura Solon. I saw her show in Edinburgh last year and she is a proper fitty like.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Sion posted:

Stirling (the town whose high street consists of a McDonalds, a post office and an argos)

The post office isn't even in the High Street anymore, it got turned into a pub.

Stirling's not that bad anyways.

delicious beef
Feb 5, 2006

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:
Limmy's show is pretty good, thanks for whoever recommended it

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Apparently there's a new comedy series about the olympics starting on March 14th:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12641599

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

delicious beef posted:

:tipshat: Spread the word, the more people who catch it on iPlayer the better.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00z8cv6/Limmys_Show_Series_2_Episode_3/

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

delicious beef posted:

You need to check out some of his old web stuff from years back, his Question Time parody in particular is outstanding.

http://www.limmy.com/videos/yesorno/

or his shocking David Robertson (BBC Scotland news anchor) discovery.

http://www.limmy.com/videos/pentrick/

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 5, 2011

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Well, if you love David Walliams on panel shows...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rednoseday/24hourpanelpeople/

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hoops posted:

Obviously this comes with an improv show, but it's very hit and miss. The misses outweight the hits really so I always find it really unsatisfying. One of the mjaor problems is Hugh Dennis. I don't understand it, does he actually think he's being loving funny?
I think the first 3 or 4 episodes were great, but after that they've struggled a little bit and they're running out of ideas. I will say that the vast majority of the people that have been on there have been amazing though.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Some Strange Flea posted:

10 O'Clock Live seemed to go by without a whine this week. All I will say is that everyone has already heard the one about the Olympic logo looking like Lisa Simpson sucking someone off and people need to stop telling it.

I found it pretty much a non-issue; Jimmy Carr was crap (but not excessively so) and while Mitchell + Brooker had alright jokes, the whole episode was just a bit rubbish.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Well I have to say I'm enjoying it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I came home last night and my girlfriend was watching something called Vampires: Brighter in Darkness on Showcase (Yeah I didn't know it existed either) and it was literally the worst piece of televisual entertainment I have ever seen. It did get to the "so-bad-it's-funny" stage though, since it featured the most lethargic vampires ever.

A hillariously overwrought script, special effects that consisted solely of lens-flare effects and 90s quality motion blur and acting on par with the production values meant we ended up watching it for an hour though. It's on tonight too if this piqued your interest, Sky Channel (Oh God I forgot I wasn't supposed to out myself as a Sky customer in this thread) 201 at 9pm. The greatest poo poo T.V ever made.

TRAILER:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWmx1BXB7iU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

keep punching joe posted:

You need to check out some of his old web stuff from years back, his Question Time parody in particular is outstanding.

http://www.limmy.com/videos/yesorno/

or his shocking David Robertson (BBC Scotland news anchor) discovery.

http://www.limmy.com/videos/pentrick/

That Question Time skit was re-done during the first season of Limmy's Show

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I came home last night and my girlfriend was watching something called Vampires: Brighter in Darkness on Showcase (Yeah I didn't know it existed either) and it was literally the worst piece of televisual entertainment I have ever seen. It did get to the "so-bad-it's-funny" stage though, since it featured the most lethargic vampires ever.

A hillariously overwrought script, special effects that consisted solely of lens-flare effects and 90s quality motion blur and acting on par with the production values meant we ended up watching it for an hour though. It's on tonight too if this piqued your interest, Sky Channel (Oh God I forgot I wasn't supposed to out myself as a Sky customer in this thread) 201 at 9pm. The greatest poo poo T.V ever made.

TRAILER:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWmx1BXB7iU
wow that looks loving terrible. It looks amazingly amateur and that guy cannot act at all

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Raeg posted:

Well, if you love David Walliams on panel shows...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rednoseday/24hourpanelpeople/

If you're not watching this, please go and do it right now. They're doing Blankety Blank and Paul O'Grady has completely forgotten how the game works, which is bloody hilarious. Not to mention that Walliams has pretty much started to lose it.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 5, 2011

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I think they came out of that advert a little too early, because I don't think Paul O'Grady is meant to call the floor manager or whoever she is a dirty bitch

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I kind of wish they'd gone old-school and asked Paul to play Lily for this. Imagine this trainwreck with Paul in 5 inch stilettos.

BeeZee142
Sep 26, 2007
This 24 Hour Panel People thing is actually a lot of fun. It's fun seeing all the celebs a bit more normal and breaking down. And they've gotten so many good people to take part. It should get good when it's 4am and Walliams is starting to lose it.

Here's the schedule: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rednoseday/24hourpanelpeople/schedule.shtml

They Think It's All Over, Have I Got News For You, and Buzzcocks should all be great. Watching Generation Game earlier was completely bizarre. Bizarrely fantastic.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
N/A.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 12, 2018

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

marktheando posted:

And if anyone here has Sky tv they are part of the problem and should feel terrible.

soz :ohdear: it's not like we have any choice in services tho and me family aren't going to stop using it on my ideological objections. So yeah, I know we are terrible.

Why had I not heard of this 24 hour panel people thing before this thread?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just watching Mock the Week, it's funny to see them go "poo poo, can I say that?"

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

I just tuned in to 24H Panel People to watch Andy Parsons trip his arse up moving to the performance stage. Laughed so much at just the simplicity of a trip.

Right now it's mock the week, and it's really interesting to see how it's all working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
The whole thing (I've been watching for nearly 8 hours now) is absolutely fascinating to watch.