Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

Travis343 posted:

Hey, I built this thing:

It's a weapon/armor store, the type a band of RPG heroes might wander into to purchase a slightly better sword than the weapon store in the last town sold.
There's more pictures on my Lego castle tumblr which is pretty new but I guess I might as well link it.

The shield wall is my favorite part, i think.

That's fantastic. I made a band of generic Final Fantasy heroes a while back. Fighter, Black Mage, Thief, Ninja, Samurai, and Dancer. They would.... fit in perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
Got my first swaps of the minifigs, now have two Indian Chiefs :smith:

Now to convince a freind they need to start collecting them so I can trade. Other than that, any suggestions? Ebay?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

VaultAggie posted:

That is really neat! Where did you get the long pike thats hanging on the wall?

I'm not sure actually! I know the Fantasy era sets had a few of those kind of pikes, but I only have the Tower Raid set and it's still got all it's pikes intact, so I'm not really sure where I got this one.

Final Gloom posted:

That's fantastic. I made a band of generic Final Fantasy heroes a while back. Fighter, Black Mage, Thief, Ninja, Samurai, and Dancer. They would.... fit in perfectly.

I made a team of generic RPG style guys, though mine are probably more inspired by D&D than Final Fantasy. Unfortunately I dont have a good picture and I had to steal some of their weapons/armor to build the shop, so I'll have to wait a bit to take any.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

Travis343 posted:

I made a team of generic RPG style guys, though mine are probably more inspired by D&D than Final Fantasy. Unfortunately I dont have a good picture and I had to steal some of their weapons/armor to build the shop, so I'll have to wait a bit to take any.

I'd like to see those.

If you made an FF weapon shop there would be empty barrels, crates, and pots everywhere.
Has anyone had any luck making a suit of armor minifig? I get so close but I can never find gray hands/heads.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Built that sweet Aero Booster mech from Exo-force. Got it off ebay sealed in box for like 10 dollars because of external box damage.

It's pretty much the coolest lego ever made.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Final Gloom posted:

I'd like to see those.

If you made an FF weapon shop there would be empty barrels, crates, and pots everywhere.
Has anyone had any luck making a suit of armor minifig? I get so close but I can never find gray hands/heads.

Some Harry Potter set came with these guys. I dont think it'd be too hard, though I'd probably have to use a black head and just have it hidden behind the visor of the helmet.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
A bunch of the Space Police aliens have gray (or gray-ish) hands.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Joudas posted:

How's the creator series Log Cabin? Anyone here bought it? The Burrow got me wanting to build a little retarded town.

It's a pretty simple build, definitely not as complicated as other houses in the Creator series. What I did not like about it was the lack of a baseplate, and sadly, from what I saw of an upcoming Creator house, it looks like they might be moving that way. In the Cabin set, the house is built upon normal plates - obviously, no one at LEGO builds sets on the carpet.

What I thought was really pretty cool about the Creator house sets previously was that they were a really nice "starter" set, especially since they included a full-sized or two half-sized baseplates.

I'm probably going to be moving the Cabin onto a standard half-sized baseplate soon. And someone should tell LEGO that you should never build a cabin that close to the water line - it will inevitably flood.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I've said it before but I really mean it now; I am never buying another LEGO product at Wal-Mart again. I bought the Pharaoh's Curse Cobra set and the majority of the bricks were all dinged up.
First I got a set that had been opened and returned and was covered in dog hair, then a set that had really flimsy click joints, one of which snapped, and now this.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Flavor Bear posted:

I've said it before but I really mean it now; I am never buying another LEGO product at Wal-Mart again. I bought the Pharaoh's Curse Cobra set and the majority of the bricks were all dinged up.
First I got a set that had been opened and returned and was covered in dog hair, then a set that had really flimsy click joints, one of which snapped, and now this.

I would suggest trying Target for your Lego sales. Walmart is not good place to shop for deals anymore as Target is very competitively priced at just a few cents more(Its probably Walmart loving with them and undercutting by that amount). Target also seems to have more rotating sales all year long.

Walmart sucks.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Now here's a kid who's whole world got all twisted,
leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky...
Target always has a lot more Lego sets too, at least down here. Shows that walmart has bad priorities.

Blue Moonlight posted:

It's a pretty simple build, definitely not as complicated as other houses in the Creator series. What I did not like about it was the lack of a baseplate, and sadly, from what I saw of an upcoming Creator house, it looks like they might be moving that way. In the Cabin set, the house is built upon normal plates - obviously, no one at LEGO builds sets on the carpet.

By Baseplate you mean those super flat ones that they used to use? I actually kinda like the move towards full normal plates being linked together a little more for some reason.

Joudas fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 6, 2011

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Yeah, I'm just now absolutely convinced that LEGO is one of many companies who bend over for Wal-Mart's "make your poo poo cheaper or we won't carry it" policy.

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
Already linked on Brothers Brick, but I don't care because there are lurkers who don't go there and holy crap, look at them

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

God dammit guys. I blame you for this.

(I actually got 3 active cameo. Found a poo poo ton of series 1 at my Wal-mart, and even Lego series 3 figures)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The only place I've found any minifigs is at Urban Outfitters. For $6 each. gently caress that.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

afflictionwisp posted:

Already linked on Brothers Brick, but I don't care because there are lurkers who don't go there and holy crap, look at them

What is his crutch made of? I know that's a minifig hand, but I didn't think they made rods that long.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Flavor Bear posted:

What is his crutch made of? I know that's a minifig hand, but I didn't think they made rods that long.

I think it's one of those flexible rubber tubes that I'm pretty sure came in that Technic Droideka set. I have one or two floating around as well, and they're a pretty rare piece as far as I know.

ZarathustraFollower posted:

God dammit guys. I blame you for this.

(I actually got 3 active cameo. Found a poo poo ton of series 1 at my Wal-mart, and even Lego series 3 figures)

If I was more into action figures I probably would have bought some of these, cuz they do look pretty cool. But I just can't see myself ever mixing them with my Lego stuff :reject:

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

InfinEight posted:

If I was more into action figures I probably would have bought some of these, cuz they do look pretty cool. But I just can't see myself ever mixing them with my Lego stuff :reject:

That's another thing I'm not crazy about with them. The feet are more ovals, so they aren't as sturdy as having a single stud size hole there.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

If anyone is thinking about getting the space pimp limo, do it now. According to the official LEGO store, the Space Police line is discontinued. Neither Wal-Mart nor Target had any in stock; I had to call two Toys R Us stores to find one.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Fooley posted:

That's another thing I'm not crazy about with them. The feet are more ovals, so they aren't as sturdy as having a single stud size hole there.

They should have just gone with a standard toy line using the Halo microfigures instead of shoehorning it into building block sets. I remember my old Starcom poo poo and there really is nothing similar out now.

/\/\/\/\drat, that didn't last long at all.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

InfinEight posted:

I think it's one of those flexible rubber tubes that I'm pretty sure came in that Technic Droideka set. I have one or two floating around as well, and they're a pretty rare piece as far as I know.

I kind of want to make the normal ones prisoners in a space transport, while having the active cameo guys be sneaking around.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Joudas posted:

By Baseplate you mean those super flat ones that they used to use? I actually kinda like the move towards full normal plates being linked together a little more for some reason.

Yeah, studs on the top, flat on the bottom, pretty thin. I will admit that by using brick-built baseplates, they are providing some reasonably rare large-sized plates in organic colors. But if played with on the carpet, putting any pressure at all is going to probably dislodge the plates. I built the log cabin on the carpet and I held it in my hand the entire time while building it, as trying to press the bricks down basically separated the plates from the cabin structure.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Pagan posted:

If anyone is thinking about getting the space pimp limo, do it now. According to the official LEGO store, the Space Police line is discontinued. Neither Wal-Mart nor Target had any in stock; I had to call two Toys R Us stores to find one.
Were they on sale there? I can still get it at Amazon.com for $33.56 with free shipping.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Final Gloom posted:

Post yours and I'll post mine. I've mostly held off since the majority of mine involve piece modification.

e: Anybody have any ideas on how to make a minifig-scale harp?

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

einTier posted:

Were they on sale there? I can still get it at Amazon.com for $33.56 with free shipping.

Negative, regular price. I imagine Amazon will run out eventually too, though.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

But but but

Lunar Limo is the best Lego set since like, Spyrius!

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Now here's a kid who's whole world got all twisted,
leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky...

Blue Moonlight posted:

Yeah, studs on the top, flat on the bottom, pretty thin. I will admit that by using brick-built baseplates, they are providing some reasonably rare large-sized plates in organic colors. But if played with on the carpet, putting any pressure at all is going to probably dislodge the plates. I built the log cabin on the carpet and I held it in my hand the entire time while building it, as trying to press the bricks down basically separated the plates from the cabin structure.

All the more reason to finally get rid of that nasty old carpet, man. Tile is like a million times easier to clean, doesn't trap smells, ect. We had full carpet in like every room in the house, and it feels so much cleaner with it gone.

Also, desks.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I built Luke's Landspeeder yesterday and now he's driving around swinging a lightsaber because he's a loving space hick. Good times.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I just got back into bricks for the first time since the mid-eighties! It started innocently enough when I got the recent "City Car" (one of those $4 tiny box sets) around Christmas - even at age 31, I had such a freaking blast building it that suddenly I was looking at other sets and pondering...well, one City Camper and City Corner later (Target mispriced at $14 instead of $60 - score!), I was hooked again.

A few weeks ago, I really went off the deep end and bought the Grand Emporium in the Creator series, which absolutely blew my mind and my pocketbook. It took all weekend to build, but it's completely gorgeous and everyone that's seen it - none of which have paid attention to Legos since they were kids - absolutely freaks out over how amazing it is. Now I'm probably going to get the Fire Brigade since it's still in print, and I'm looking at Green Grocer sets on Ebay (which currently go for around $300...drat). I want to have the whole street going.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

^^Good, good, you have given in to your feelings. Now you are one of us!

Wow, this auction was $20 when I first saw it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260747421337

Makes me glad I won this one on Saturday :D

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Pagan posted:

Nooooo! And it was double VIP points month on Lego.com, too.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
I finally finished that building I was working on.

Also, has anyone heard the relese date for Series 4 yet? I seem to recall hearing it somewhere, but I can't remember what it was.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Also, has anyone heard the relese date for Series 4 yet? I seem to recall hearing it somewhere, but I can't remember what it was.

Every source I checked is still saying April.

Shrike41
Jan 7, 2011
My Lunar Limo came from Amazon today I can't wait to get started! Also my son got the Toy Story Army Men set, he's 4 so he is mostly into the minifigs so great set for him.

downfall
Jun 23, 2005

I was shooting something entirely different, but before I cleaned everything up, I thought I'd shoot a behind the scenes image just to show everyone exactly what happened.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
Considering our currencies are at par, the price differences on sets between the US and Canada are really starting to piss me off.

I've wanted the 8070 for a while, which is $119 in the US and $155 in Canada. Pray tell why there's a $35 loving difference. Which becomes a $56 difference when taxes are brought in. This really pisses me off, when there really shouldn't be a difference.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Shuppiluliumas posted:

downfall posted:

I'm diggin' both of these.

Testro
May 2, 2009
I know they've been out a while, but do many of you have any of the Lego games? I received Pirate Plank for Christmas (I love my pirates!), but I keep eyeing up Shave a Sheep (Wild Wool). Has anyone played it? Is it worth it?

I keep being tempted by Banana Balance as well, mostly because I can get a heap of bananas for a cheap price, but the gameplay doesn't seem all that great. Has anyone else got it?

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

So, I had a little extra money this month. I bought a ton of photography equipment, and then bought a bunch of LEGO kits.

First, the Midnight Emerald.

I am very impressed with this kit. The number of flat tile pieces and little detail pieces you get is incredible. It took several hours to put it all together, and it was quite enjoyable.

Since my roommate had purchased the passenger city train but wasn't too thrilled with it, he gave me permission to use the power functions from that. The Midnight Emerald is intended to be used with a different "engine" so to speak. The big drive wheels in the center are geared and go to a shaft in the engineers compartment, and you're supposed to use the little circular motor to turn them. I didn't have that, so I improvised.

It actually works surprisingly well, driving the train from the coal tender. I will probably splurge and buy the proper motor one day. I wonder if it would be possible to hook them both up at the same time so the train will have more power.

All in all, this is a great kit and an excellent value for $99.

Now, for my other kits...

It's just another typical night in the dirty city of New Legopolis. If you're on the wrong side of the tracks, almost anything is available for purchase...

But sometimes, help isn't far away!

Brickdaddy tries to escape...

But to no avail!

He curses as he is dragged away, but at least one citizen is safe.

The space Limo is HUGE! It's much bigger than I anticipated, and looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spacemen and knights, the eternal struggle. Yeah I was surprised by how huge the Limo was as well. It's crazy and I love it. Execpt, just as your pictures show, the drat thing is a DUST MAGNET.