Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I play with a mod that makes things 5 times more expensive (but sell for the same amount) and I still end up at a point where I have more caps than I know what to do with. The economy in vanilla NV is better than FO3 but it is still relatively easy to get a poo poo ton of caps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I activated a mod which doesn't tell you if a container is empty, leaving it to you to actually look inside it. I also use XFO's reduced loots now, it makes it a little thougher. The first thing especially helps me from being a goddamn packrat and look in every locker and "ruined schooldesk" to find something, it also funnily enough greatly enhances my experience with the whole game by making it a lot less trite, going through dozens of containers is no fun.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Devalue everything but meds, make meds more scarce (but not necessarily ammo), make vendors uninterested in buying ammo, decrease amount of caps vendors have and overvalue top tier weapons and armor. That would be how I'd try balancing it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I never sell ammo, but that's because I like slowly filling the shelves in my underground hideout with ammo as the game progresses :shobon:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I say make them uninterested in ammo only because it'd be too tempting and easy to sell your spare ammo for lots of caps while not making it as fun IMO having to scrounge for ammo all the time. It would be hard to keep mods like iws or awop active too. At some point you should take fun into consideration too.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

change barter sell multipliers and base to low levels to solve the player cap overstock problem

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
Today I installed the Pipboy Readius (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36646) after I found out it doesn't come with the weird anime crap on default (How I made that connection I can't even remember) and combined with the DarnifiedUI, it's just so. much. better.

It doesn't break MY IMMERSION because the Pipboy itself was shoved into the game without reason anyways. ("Hey, btw. I am from a vault here have my pipboy for no reason!") I blame the weirdness many people experience in the comments section on bad mod interaction/too retarded to install, it works fine for me.

Remember though that it doesn't have a light like the pip boy does, http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39968 takes care of that. It looks a lot better with some darker nights mod and makes everything really immersive. I advice to just add the items via console command (because I was too lazy to search for flashlights)

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 7, 2011

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
The last time I installed the readius, whatever the mod does to take the pipboy off your arm left my guy's arm looking like an hourglass, it was all squished in where the pipboy used to be. Did they fix that, or was that something I did wrong myself?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

white quilt posted:

The last time I installed the readius, whatever the mod does to take the pipboy off your arm left my guy's arm looking like an hourglass, it was all squished in where the pipboy used to be. Did they fix that, or was that something I did wrong myself?

I can say with great confidence that my arm is not squished.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Police Automaton posted:

Today I installed the Pipboy Readius (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36646) after I found out it doesn't come with the weird anime crap on default (How I made that connection I can't even remember) and combined with the DarnifiedUI, it's just so. much. better.

I love the Readius but the default sound effects are unbearable. It's like they scrape my ears.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

-Troika- posted:

I never sell ammo, but that's because I like slowly filling the shelves in my underground hideout with ammo as the game progresses :shobon:

Aside from (heavy) rockets, I never find it sensible/economical to sell ammunition. I'd rather break it down.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'd hate to bring this up, but I see 66 pages and no molerat boobs.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Captain McStabbin posted:

It is being looked into as we speak.

Also where the gently caress are the doggles already? :colbert:

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Captain McStabbin posted:

Here here! This thread has been a disappointment.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

lilspooky posted:

Here here! This thread has been a disappointment.

Can we move on now? :colbert:

I want that 15 minutes of my life back now, please...

edit: Added it to Nexus too.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40796

Naky fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 8, 2011

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Naky posted:

edit: with bonus mod CLICKY FOR MOLERAT BOOB MOD

Added it to Nexus too.

I gotta say im sincerely disappointed in the amount of thought and effort that went into this. I expect my genitalia and boobs to be photo-realistic with at minimum 50 hours of work put into each. I expect this to be rectified within the week and no less then 3 separate, asymmetric and individually rendered moles per boob (uh hello, mole rats).

Also, :lol:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr. Crow posted:

I gotta say im sincerely disappointed in the amount of thought and effort that went into this. I expect my genitalia and boobs to be photo-realistic with at minimum 50 hours of work put into each. I expect this to be rectified within the week and no less then 3 separate, asymmetric and individually rendered moles per boob (uh hello, mole rats).

Also, :lol:

SIR I DEMAND YOU RETRACT YOUR NEGATIVE STATEMENTS OR I SHALL HAVE YOU BANNED. GOOD DAY.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I tried installing but this is conflicting with my molerat romance mod could you please help

edit: 4 downloads already...

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Endorsing molerat boobs on the Nexus. I want this to be the file of the month.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Police Automaton posted:

...stuff about Pipboy Readius...

Try this mod, it provides three different reskins of the Readius to make it look like the Pipboy 2000 from the original Fallouts. Also gets rid of the terrible noises.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Am I correct in assuming the guns from "The Armoury" aren't "Integrated" in with NPCs and such?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Naky posted:

I have endorsed this mod in great detail. Added to OP.

mudcrabs
Dec 30, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I wish there was more you could do with the Great Khans. I wanna Real Time Settle some more Great Khan land.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I downloaded but can't endorse because I haven't played with it for 3 hours. :argh: nexus

mudcrabs
Dec 30, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is there a good mod to rescale the scarcity of stuff so I can't be pathetically rich anymore? I wanna have some motivation to be the caravan robber I want to be.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SRQ posted:

Am I correct in assuming the guns from "The Armoury" aren't "Integrated" in with NPCs and such?

Not in the official release but the latest build has a leveled list optional ESP.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The worst part about the Nexus molerat page is that I can't tell where the goons stop and the creepy Nexus-goers start.

gyshall posted:

This will fit great with my new anime girl playthrough. Thanks.

:stare:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Bogart posted:

The worst part about the Nexus molerat page is that I can't tell where the goons stop and the creepy Nexus-goers start.

:stare:

Three posts above you guy.

Also I started crying at this guy, mostly because of the possibilities...

quote:

Holy poo poo, i think i just lost brain cells looking at this, i think im going to download just so I can thumbs down it, no offense to your modding skills im sure your a great modder, but i seriously cant see a point to this, why, might as well add dicks to the geckos.

I swear to god if one of you cut/pastes one of the innumerable dick mods' dick onto a gecko (you could have multiple version with the dick in different places, like on its forehead or at the end of its tail) and release as his request I'll loving lose it. Bonus points if you stir up a bunch of drama about copying some dudes dick he slaved over for 50 hours.

God I wish I new how to do that.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Bogart posted:

Vurumai posted:

put boobs on deathclaws.

I don't know what he's thinking, radroaches are clearly the more erotic creatures, therefore more deserving of jiggly breasts. Also what's this crap with BBB, are there no bras in the wasteland?

Oh also this:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34869

Userprofile of the creator is linking to this website

:nws::nms::nws:
http://obss.us/

:barf:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Doing a new playthrough of the game since I kinda got derailed on my last one and started going on a murder spree. Are there any mods that are known to make the game more fun(nier) without making it easy mode?

Fox_Spy
Mar 19, 2006
Lifeguard of the Apocalypse

Naky posted:

I read the comments for this on Nexus on the train ride to work this morning, there were 42, now there are 39. Are people just pulling their comments or are the moderators over there censoring people? With Nexus I figure it's at least a 50/50 split on that.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Fox_Spy posted:

I read the comments for this on Nexus on the train ride to work this morning, there were 42, now there are 39. Are people just pulling their comments or are the moderators over there censoring people? With Nexus I figure it's at least a 50/50 split on that.

No idea, but I'm milking the people thinking I'm serious for all I'm worth.

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010
Haha holy poo poo, Naky. #4 File of the Month! I put in my vote.

E: All aboard the boob train. Boobs for #1.

SmokinDan fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 8, 2011

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

mudcrabs posted:

Is there a good mod to rescale the scarcity of stuff so I can't be pathetically rich anymore? I wanna have some motivation to be the caravan robber I want to be.

One of the XFO modular units lets you set rarity per category, like ammo, meds, etc.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I've found the way Hardercore handles leveled lists to be a lot better than the way XFO does it, simply because XFO leaves poo poo empty but Hardercore replaces it with less useful junk like bonesaws and empty syringes instead of stimpacks. Adds more variety to the world, in general.

Of course, both mods are subpar IMO these days since they don't work on Dead Money leveled lists. It's kind of stupid to have something that turns the amount of caps you get in vanilla way down and then go to a DLC area and get rich pretty much immediately. It's sad that most modders' attention span only lasts about a month or two, because it means that once DLC starts getting released you need to start making judgment calls about which mods are still worth using.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 8, 2011

Fox_Spy
Mar 19, 2006
Lifeguard of the Apocalypse

In response to Mole Rat Boobs, LordInquisitor posted:

This suits the whole comics with deathclaws, geckos and molerats thing.

Gecko prostitutes sounds good.

Have idea and meshes to make.

Which one of you posted this? I really need this to be a goon screwing around and not that we just gave someone the idea to make gecko prostitution.

Edit: Actually this makes me wonder how the actual game devs feel when they see the poo poo that pours out of the Nexus.

Fox_Spy fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 8, 2011

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Police Automaton posted:

I don't know what he's thinking, radroaches are clearly the more erotic creatures, therefore more deserving of jiggly breasts. Also what's this crap with BBB, are there no bras in the wasteland?

Oh also this:

"Pedophile" gets slung around on the internet a lot as an insult these days but this, ladies and gentlemen, is a pedophile.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Police Automaton posted:

Oh also this:

Isn't he an admin on the Vault?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Police Automaton posted:

Remember that mod is just an additional mod for its required parent, Children of the Wasteland, also known as CUTE.

I cannot put into words how loving horrifying this mod is.I honestly can't believe it is hosted somewhere as openly as it is. It amps the whole Nexus=PedoHaven vibe up to 11. If you really need convincing that it isn't just a Lord of the Flies mod like it claims to be, watch the youtube video they have up.

:nws::nms:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1903
:nws::nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SheepNameKiller posted:

I've found the way Hardercore handles leveled lists to be a lot better than the way XFO does it, simply because XFO leaves poo poo empty but Hardercore replaces it with less useful junk like bonesaws and empty syringes instead of stimpacks. Adds more variety to the world, in general.

Of course, both mods are subpar IMO these days since they don't work on Dead Money leveled lists. It's kind of stupid to have something that turns the amount of caps you get in vanilla way down and then go to a DLC area and get rich pretty much immediately. It's sad that most modders' attention span only lasts about a month or two, because it means that once DLC starts getting released you need to start making judgment calls about which mods are still worth using.

I'm hoping somebody is working on a "placed items" loot modifier, a la Fallout 3's FWE. That contributed a lot to the overall sense of scarcity. As it stands, it's sort of funny to be unable to find anything in Medkits, but stroll into an abandoned house and there are doctor bags and stimpaks and med-x sitting out on the shelves.

naky posted:

Sadly, my life is quite busy as I currently work three part-time jobs. This mod actually took me several weeks of development time not including the initial planning stages and game design document as a result. I was able to complete it through the support of my family, friends, and most of all - my understanding, caring, loving, and beautiful girlfriend who truly sees the good I am trying to bring to the world.

You are such a troll. :golfclap: