Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
So how is anyone else liking the new dorms. They remind me of the set from The Abyss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Because of the moon pool?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Yeah, the underground machinery look and all the pressure lock doors. It certainly brings a more lab-scientific atmosphere than the old dorm quarters.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Oh noooooo :smith:

(This seems like it'd be amended pretty quickly with an explanation. But maybe not!)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Oh dear.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I get a sneaking suspicion that we're gonna see a reversal of characters here, if only temporarily. Kat becomes the terse, emotionally distant one, Annie gets all emotional and outgoing.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nice hair, Kat.

Your actions have consequences, Annie. Time to get one more good, hard gut punch. This either goes with Kat ignoring Annie for awhile or her breaking down and just completely laying into Annie for abandoning her out of nowhere.

Judging from the sheer force of Kat's apathy, I doubt Rey told her anything about what happened.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You guys, those posts about Kat being a robot when she came back weren't kidding.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
If Annie can make super fine looking boots like that why is she running around barefoot with dirty rear end soles?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Well this comic officially got hard to read.

edit: gonna come back in two or so months when I can read a bunch at once and Kat and Annie are friends again and EVERYTHING IS ALL BETTER

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 7, 2011

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Clearly this is that ether-world where spiders have swapped everyone's personalities!

:smith:

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
To be quite honest I would have been more comfortable with angry-bitchy Kat than forcefully apathetic Kat. This just seems so... Off for her.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 25, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I knew it, she soured up.
I literally cannot wait for Annie to start explaining things. From the homework book onwards.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ChairMaster posted:

You guys, those posts about Kat being a robot when she came back weren't kidding.

...Actually, might not be too far off. Annie was messing with a control panel she had no idea about. It made a noise. Maybe she activated a Katbot, programmed to look and act just like her. But it was kind of deadpan in the delivery.

On Friday we'll have Real Kat come in from stage right, and Annie will look from RoboKat to Real Kat and be confused as hell. Kat will explain that, because she didn't go anywhere due to somebody running off without saying anything, she had enough time to build a robot clone.

:unsmith:

Oh well. I can dream. On for another week or two of awkwardness!

E: Also her shirt totally has a robot on it which is how you tell the difference.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
Antimony's turning into Surma, Katerina's turning into Jones.

Next, Reynard turns into Ysengrim, Ysengrim turns into Coyote, and Coyote turns a jig and laughs and laughs and laughs.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Thanks for making me read this comic SA. I read chapters 1-29 yesterday and I'm gonna finish what's there after class. It's really beautiful and cute and sad :(

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I don't see this being an easy resolve anymore. Kat's definitely not in a good mood. Guess this will end with a big cry from the two over a big fight and hopefully it'll just strengthen their bond. :ohdear:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Next, we'll learn how George and Smitty broke up.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Ka0 posted:

From the homework book onwards.

Kat presumably doesn't know about the homework book. Reynardine put it back in her bag.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

oh snap, poo poo just got real.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!

Fangz posted:

Next, we'll learn how George and Smitty broke up.

Gamma died in an accident. Zimmy killed herself shortly afterwords.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The 19th Person posted:

Silly person. Zimmy can't die.

Ever.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Liquid Communism posted:

Silly person. Zimmy can't die.

Ever.

She knows. She's tried.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

The 19th Person posted:

Gamma died in an accident. Zimmy killed herselfeveryone else shortly afterwords.

I think this would be a bit more in character.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The 19th Person posted:

Eglamore, committed to an asylum.

Robot, disassembled.

Mort, exorcised.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Eglamore was horribly burned trying to get back across the bridge, the superheated brickwork seared the flesh from most of his body and all of his classes will just consist of pained shrieking while everyone sits around awkwardly for an hour and a half.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

DocFrance posted:

Eglamore, committed to an asylum.

Robot, disassembled.

Mort, exorcised.

Boxbot, still kicking.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

M.c.P posted:

To be quite honest I would have been more comfortable with angry-bitchy Kat than forcefully apathetic Kat. This just seems so... Off for her.

It does, but it also makes a lot of sense for the age she is. I mean, look at her, all teenager-lookin'. I wouldn't be surprised at all if both the girls had gone through pretty drastic personality changes over the summer, and continue to go through more over the next couple years.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Huh, so now Annie's all smiles and emotion and Kat's all stoic and poo poo. Weird.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
Kat and Annie are at that age when teenage girls turn against each other viciously, my sister fell out with her best friend over less than what Annie did to Kat.

On the other hand, Kat and Annie have always been portrayed as rather mature, so I really hope their relationship is back to normal(ish) before too long. I don't want to see Annie have no friends in her class.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Your loyal assistant Dr. Meowgon is all over this one.

Noonsaliwah posted:

Kat and Annie are at that age when teenage girls turn against each other viciously, my sister fell out with her best friend over less than what Annie did to Kat.

On the other hand, Kat and Annie have always been portrayed as rather mature, so I really hope their relationship is back to normal(ish) before too long. I don't want to see Annie have no friends in her class.

If that happened, she'd probably turn more readily to the forest for company. Weekend trips to visit them, etc.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cheeseball IV posted:

Huh, so now Annie's all smiles and emotion and Kat's all stoic and poo poo. Weird.

That's not stoicism, that's the cold shoulder.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Annie's got the whole forest as buddies, Kat on the other hand, well. Her last boyfriend turned into a bird.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Noonsaliwah posted:

If Annie is finally thawing out of her ice queen persona, the other kids will probably reciprocate. The camping trip showed that they don't hate her. They're just scared of her.

But I'm not convinced Kat can have one fight and be done. They always trusted each other completely, and then Annie completely flipped out and left Kat to stew while she skipped off to the forest.

Of course, it doesn't really get awkward until we find out Kat and Jack are dating.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Actually I'll bet it's that Annie just smells like she hasn't had a shower in months, and Kat is trying to get away from her as politely as possible.

qa6
Jul 26, 2006

I'll tell ya how I been!
I BIN JUNK!
Man, I just love Kat's haircut.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

qa6 posted:

Man, I just love Kat's haircut.

Yeah, it's pretty cool.

So how long ago did the thread title change to "(boxbot appreciation station)", instead of boxbot not allowed?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

The 19th Person posted:

Eglamore was shot and killed in Vietnam.

Still, it was the best summer of my life.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Dr. Disaster's holodeck malfunctioned and had to be dismantled.
Jones changed her expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Pester posted:

Jones changed her expression.
That was when everyone found out she was a robot after all.