Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Bellend Sebastian posted:

Why would anyone do this? The Society of Leopold crash alone is enough to make me never play this again without being patched up.

Not everyone experienced that bug. I, for one, didn't and I pre-ordered the thing.

The only gamestopping bug I ever ran into was the sticky wooden bar in Ming's temple. And a quick save/reload fixed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Toreador: MASTER OF SEDUCTION

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Hotwire posted:

Toreador: MASTER OF SEDUCTION

My personal favorite is with my Brujah.

"Hi, who are you?"
"I'm the guy that's gonna get you pregnant!"
"What?! Uh... " *visibly disturbed*
"Come here, BOOGAH BOOGAH!"
*runs screaming*

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Coolio posted:

It always bugs me that it turns out Knox was a criminal master mind which then sets the tone for you getting owned by just about everyone for the rest of the game.

You do realise you can actually call him out on this, prompting him to poo poo himself and mumble about it all being the Nosferatu dude's idea, right? Even the Nossie goes all :stare: on you because you've got him sussed.

vvv that same doctor has diagnosed someone as having Sexlexia, so the resemblance is probably intentional.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 7, 2011

Serious George
Dec 29, 2010

In Britain, it means 'cigarettes'.

Woden posted:

I usually play a melee/stealth Malk at the start and then move on to primarily firearms for the sewers at the earliest or Society of Leopold at the latest. 2 dots in obsfucate is enough for the entire game, after buying the first dot you get enough melee from people/books/email college to never bother with it and strength is a waste of XP IMO. Dementation 3 I think is all you need for every conversation so stop there unless you really want the level 5 damaging ability(which is pretty awesome) and spend the savings from dodge/str/melee/obs/stealth and get your ranged with auspex to 8-10ish.

This way you can still sneak, melee and dement pretty much the same as a full blown melee/stealth based Malk but can switch to guns whenever you want.

Yup, pretty much what I did. And Dementation 5 was quite helpful to me. At least I remember it like that. But it's been a while.

Chinaman7000 posted:

The voice acting really was stellar in this game. I recognized John DiMaggio and Phil Lamaar at least, and whoever does LaCroix is just awesome for some reason.

I remember doing the little mini-quest with blackmailing the adulterous doctor (whatever his name was), and realizing he sounds just like Hermes Conrad.

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008

QuintessenceX posted:

Ugh, so I've downloaded the CQM mod twice using the link in the OP(and I used two different sources, PlanetScroll and one of the other ones) and the .exe won't extract properly. Even worse, attempting to extract it causes my computer to freak the gently caress out, crashing windows explorer repeatedly and causing a massive amount of lag. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah, me. I kept downloading and extracting until it miraculously decided to work. Then I spent a couple of days trying to actually get the thing to install, only to install it in the wrong folder first time around, so rinse, repeat, etc.

No idea what causes it though.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
So I finally gave up and installed it again to check the Clan Quest Mod. I bumped into several problems along the way and didn't find any info about them in the OP so I'm putting it down here in case someone else needs it.

First off, patcher for 64-bit systems (the "less than 15mb" error"):

http://iain.cx/articles/bloodlines/index.html?part5 (direct links: 1.0 | 1.2)

Patcher to allow the application to allocate more than 2GB of memory (I have no clue whether this helps or not, yet, but decided to mention it anyway):

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php (direct link)

Last, but not least - when I ran the game the textures looked like someone way overdid it with smudging. For some reason the the game enforces lowest textures at all times. Quick fix for this is to hex edit a file, which I conveniently share here for others:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22173630/shaderapidx9.dll

You can read more about the problem or the procedure to patch it yourself here:

http://iain.cx/articles/bloodlines/index.html?part6

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

lordfrikk posted:

So I finally gave up and installed it again to check the Clan Quest Mod. I bumped into several problems along the way and didn't find any info about them in the OP so I'm putting it down here in case someone else needs it.

If I'm not having any problems at all with a 64-bit system, would any of these programs really do anything for me? The only problem I've had was a crash after Jezebel's fight, when my graphics driver closed unexpectedly. I assume that was more of a program error than an incompatibility error, though.

Does anybody know if this game still has "memory leaks"? The graphics driver only crashed after an extended play, and I'd imagine that eating up a bunch of the driver's/card's memory would do that.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
No, they are solutions to problems rather than improvements. Except for the 4 GB patch, but as I said, I have no idea if it helps with anything (in practice).

Monday Averted
Jun 12, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

You do realise you can actually call him out on this, prompting him to poo poo himself and mumble about it all being the Nosferatu dude's idea, right? Even the Nossie goes all :stare: on you because you've got him sussed.

I triggered this once, during my Malk playthrough I think, and not sure exactly what are the conditions necessary for your character to figure out you're being played.

Anyone knows exactly how to do it? Does it require a certain amount of a stat? I am suspecting maybe Intellect. My Torrie is all looks and speed, but god he's dumb as all hell.

sneakyrobber
Jan 24, 2009
I have a weird bug with the CQM. The blood meter is going all wonky when it's filled and moving above where it's supposed to. As far as I can tell it's only visual for now.

Also I'm playing a Tremere clan vampire and it seems like I have dominate in dialog options?

sneakyrobber fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 7, 2011

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

sneakyrobber posted:

Also I'm playing a Tremere clan vampire and it seems like I have dominate in dialog options?

Tremere in pen&paper can (IIRC) use dominate exactly as Ventrue can. CQM adds that.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Has anyone else had trouble getting any resolution patcher for this game to work? I'm on Windows 7 so I think it's some sort of administrator things. I don't understand why this has to be such a pain :(

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

drat, reinstalled this to try and play with the CQM and now I can't get past the crackhouse, the game keeps crashing right after I kill Bishop Vick. Anyone else having this? Solutions?

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

sneakyrobber posted:

I think you get "some" dominate options as a Tremere, although I haven't done a Ventrue playthough in forever so I don't know if that's true.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

OSheaman posted:

I think you get "some" dominate options as a Tremere, although I haven't done a Ventrue playthough in forever so I don't know if that's true.

I'm playing with only the basic fixes and my Tremere can dominate people. It isn't very often though, which lines up with what this guy said.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Does anybody have any idea how to "fix" an AI if they're stuck in a post-feeding trance? I sort of got desperate when I was in Kilpatrick's office and I zapped him with hysteria and fed from him. Now he's stuck in a permanent daze and I don't know how to unstick him... normally that wouldn't be a problem but I want to do the bounty hunter series.

Edit: I tried hitting him again with hysteria on a lark, and it worked.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 7, 2011

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kavingi posted:

Has anyone else had trouble getting any resolution patcher for this game to work? I'm on Windows 7 so I think it's some sort of administrator things. I don't understand why this has to be such a pain :(

Yeah, the one in the OP doesn't work. There is one that DOES. It is called ResPatcher, I think.

Ahhh here it is.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Kavingi posted:

Make sure it is in the Bin folder when you run it.

It's probably not your problem, but I was crying for a while trying to figure out if my Windows 7 was breaking my install and it turned out I was just missing that.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Chinaman7000 posted:

Make sure it is in the Bin folder when you run it.

It's probably not your problem, but I was crying for a while trying to figure out if my Windows 7 was breaking my install and it turned out I was just missing that.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah, the one in the OP doesn't work. There is one that DOES. It is called ResPatcher, I think.

Ahhh here it is.

Thank you both. Putting it in the Bin folder did the trick ... now however it crashes out saying "Available memory less than 15MB!!!" To be specific I installed this off the same CDs I got the day it came out, then ran the 1.2 official and nothing else yet. This is weird to me since I've never had this problem before (including on this same PC, I just wanted to do a fresh reinstall)

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

So i just got to hollywood today, and things were a little bit weird.

Just chilling out.

A flock of tiny birds which floated, unmoving, infront of the convenience store.

Greeter man, rather than tell me to get my rear end to Isaac, decided to become one of those robot statue guys.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Kavingi posted:

however it crashes out saying "Available memory less than 15MB!!!"

lordfrikk posted:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Greeter man, rather than tell me to get my rear end to Isaac, decided to become one of those robot statue guys.

Have you seen how much he makes every night in tips?

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Can't help with 2 and 3, but 1 is definitely a missing texture file (the taxi cab). Try reinstalling and keeping your settings?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Monday Averted posted:

I triggered this once, during my Malk playthrough I think, and not sure exactly what are the conditions necessary for your character to figure out you're being played.

Anyone knows exactly how to do it? Does it require a certain amount of a stat? I am suspecting maybe Intellect. My Torrie is all looks and speed, but god he's dumb as all hell.

I triggered the "I know you're playing me" dialog just yesterday with my Malk. He's got something like 6 points in Perception, though.

The "Nasty Dude" initially made a disparaging comment about how neither Knox or the Malk had a brain cell between the two of 'em. When asked about Knox after finishing the warehouse, he played it up like Knox was some big super spy. :iiam:

Speaking of which, password lists have his computer listed as a resource in Santa Monica. When you first meet him, its turned off. Is there a switch that powers it on? The wire coming from the computer runs over to the building near the junkyard.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

SourceElement posted:

Speaking of which, password lists have his computer listed as a resource in Santa Monica. When you first meet him, its turned off. Is there a switch that powers it on? The wire coming from the computer runs over to the building near the junkyard.

I encountered this the last time I played. It turns off when the plot sends you to meet him, but if you go there before, he's not around and his computer is on. I didn't actually hack it because I assumed it would be there when I came back with a higher computer score :shobon:

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Just chilling out.

Caine (deal with it) doesn't give a gently caress about any stupid Masquerade

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

OSheaman posted:

Can't help with 2 and 3, but 1 is definitely a missing texture file (the taxi cab). Try reinstalling and keeping your settings?

Just reloading the area works. I get this from time to time. Best one being the hands of a clock replaced by two posters that would rotate. Oh, and every door handle replaced with lamps. It's the little glitches that make me fond of this game.

e: Romero got some lovin'

Piss Witch fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 7, 2011

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

RIP "Chunk" :(

RIP "Chunk"

RIP "Chunk"

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Haha, I just got through this place for the first time and I kept thinking the same thing. At first I thought Chunk really did get hosed up but then I saw the others and realized.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

QuintessenceX posted:

Ugh, so I've downloaded the CQM mod twice using the link in the OP(and I used two different sources, PlanetScroll and one of the other ones) and the .exe won't extract properly. Even worse, attempting to extract it causes my computer to freak the gently caress out, crashing windows explorer repeatedly and causing a massive amount of lag. Has this happened to anyone else?

This happened to me, too, and using two separate download sites like you. Ugh.

King Trite
Aug 16, 2007
A phrase that loses power due to repetition or overuse

HopperUK posted:

This happened to me, too, and using two separate download sites like you. Ugh.

This happened to me. I just had to leave my computer alone for a minute and it eventually unpacked everything. Even though it told me things were not responding I just needed to wait a bit and it sorted itself out.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

King Trite posted:

This happened to me. I just had to leave my computer alone for a minute and it eventually unpacked everything. Even though it told me things were not responding I just needed to wait a bit and it sorted itself out.

Yeah, this was my solution too. Whatever they used to make the installer is just plain awful and will take a long, long time to load.

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention
I finally got this game (I was about to get Mafia II on sale and I figured why not just spring for VTMB now?) and I'm really excited to play Troika's last masterpiece.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
Question, For the Histories mod, is there any way to remove the Increased chance of Frenzy?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

homerlaw posted:

Question, For the Histories mod, is there any way to remove the Increased chance of Frenzy?

I wouldn't worry about it. In 4 playthroughs I've frenzied all of once, and I ate the stupid kine shooting at me when I did.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Without the increased frenzy chance I actually had to make myself frenzy on purpose just to see what it was like. I killed a bunch of people until my humanity hit bottom, then I spammed my disciplines until I ran out of blood... that's what it took then, and I can't imagine it'd be much worse than that now.

That is, of course, if you're playing "nice". If you're being a low-humanity bastard your mileage may vary.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Tewratomeh posted:

Without the increased frenzy chance I actually had to make myself frenzy on purpose just to see what it was like. I killed a bunch of people until my humanity hit bottom, then I spammed my disciplines until I ran out of blood... that's what it took then, and I can't imagine it'd be much worse than that now.

That is, of course, if you're playing "nice". If you're being a low-humanity bastard your mileage may vary.

Play as a Brujah with Camarilla mod. It's a doozy.

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

lordfrikk posted:

Patcher to allow the application to allocate more than 2GB of memory (I have no clue whether this helps or not, yet, but decided to mention it anyway):

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php (direct link)

Last, but not least - when I ran the game the textures looked like someone way overdid it with smudging. For some reason the the game enforces lowest textures at all times. Quick fix for this is to hex edit a file, which I conveniently share here for others:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22173630/shaderapidx9.dll

You can read more about the problem or the procedure to patch it yourself here:

http://iain.cx/articles/bloodlines/index.html?part6

All of this should be in the OP :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

lordfrikk posted:

Can't get any of this to work with the Steam version :( Help?

• Locked thread