Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

hunter x az posted:

Whatever happened to Spiceboy after his heart attack?

Nothing, he wouldn't let the doctors finish the diagnosis and blew off a private booking with doctors connected to the show. They did some blood work but I cannot remember if the stress test was even completed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I like Kathy Griffin (I am going to see her in AC in a couple weeks) but I don't always like her on the show. It's always the same interview. I saw her right after the Artie and Teddy fight - and if you remember she was in studio that day right after it happened. She stopped the "act" part of the night and gave a rundown about what happened from the insider's point of view, it was actually pretty interesting.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Kelly posted:

I like Kathy Griffin (I am going to see her in AC in a couple weeks) but I don't always like her on the show. It's always the same interview. I saw her right after the Artie and Teddy fight - and if you remember she was in studio that day right after it happened. She stopped the "act" part of the night and gave a rundown about what happened from the insider's point of view, it was actually pretty interesting.

Kathy Griffin is an uninteresting boorish woman. There is nothing funny about her, "act" or not. :(

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

AxeManiac posted:

He is also insane, in a shrink's three times a week and a bag of neurosis.

Yeah, the fact that Howard doesn't really understand how popular "Always Sunny" is doesn't surprise me.

I mean this is a guy who jerks off in the dark because he's worried about hidden cameras in his multi-million-dollar apartment in New York City, for gently caress's sake.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

therapy posted:

Yeah, the fact that Howard doesn't really understand how popular "Always Sunny" is doesn't surprise me.

I mean this is a guy who jerks off in the dark because he's worried about hidden cameras in his multi-million-dollar apartment in New York City, for gently caress's sake.

Considering the amount of hassle he went through, the price he paid, and the people he hired to install his television set, I wouldn't be surprised if a few hidden cameras got installed along with it.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

FogHelmut posted:

Considering the amount of hassle he went through, the price he paid, and the people he hired to install his television set, I wouldn't be surprised if a few hidden cameras got installed along with it.

Are you kidding me? If I got paid $9000 or whatever to install a TV in the bathroom I'd loving rip every hidden camera out of that house bare-handed and manually extract each bedbug from the mattress with tweezers.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

hunter x az posted:

Kathy Griffin is an uninteresting boorish woman. There is nothing funny about her, "act" or not. :(

In one of her last interviews on the show, Howard pointed out how in shape she was yet that she was not attractive, right to her ugly face.

anyone remember that?

He was subtle about it kind of, but it was obvious that he didn't find her attractive haha

Vakal
May 11, 2008

therapy posted:

in his multi-million-dollar apartment in New York City, for gently caress's sake.

To be fair though, that's only worth like 20 doors.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Lisa G is Kathy Griffin's Clark Kent.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

Lisa G is Kathy Griffin's Clark Kent.

In that they are both probably men, sure.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Where do Richard and Sal find these internet shows you can call in? I am so unhip to anything on the internet outside of SA, xbox love and sports.yahoo.com I tried that site the pet lady talked about, blog.tv or whatever, but maybe I am too stupid to find any show you can call in. I just want to break some balls for my own amusement

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

quote:

Kathy Griffin is an uninteresting boorish woman. There is nothing funny about her, "act" or not.

Yes thank you what are my opinions on the 2012 election and the best way to make coffee? :rolleye:

Really though, ladies who are boorish. They should be telling jokes about their moms and boyfriends, eh?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I rolled my eyes when I heard Kathy Griffin would be on today but I actually didn't mind her appearance. She was kind of funny and it was odd finding out she's loving the old spice guy. I wonder if Robin is jealous hahaha.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Charlie Sheen is full on fantastic.

E! posted:

"Bring it!" yelled a triumphant, machete-wielding Sheen, who went up to the roof of concert promoter Live Nation's building in Beverly Hills to do his best Monty Python impersonation address his fans.

Just why he was wielding a sword cannot be divined at this time, but he was supposedly at Live Nation for a business meeting.

"Working on a reality right now," he told the paparazzi as he descended the stairs following his brief trip to the moon, er, roof, along with Kenly and a bodyguard.

"Free at last! This is the greatest day of my life," Sheen added in regard to being officially fired today by Two and a Half Men studio Warner Bros. Television.

When asked if he was going to sue CBS, his network home for the last seven-plus years, he replied, "CB-who? How do you spell that? S-U-K...?"

Sheen, who earlier today tweeted that he's looking for a "#winning intern" to help him handle the social media fray, also said that he needed to make a call to find out if he's supposed to go to court tomorrow to deal with custody issues between him and ex-wife Brooke Mueller.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b229784_charlie_sheen_declares_victory.html

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Howard thinks Dan Fogler was Booger in Revenge of the Nerds? Not only does he look nothing like Curtis Armstrong, he's also 23 years younger than him.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So Howard is moving from PC to Apple. Just last night I was listening to him rant and rave in 1994 about how Apple is awful and OS/2 is the best.

It is probably for the best, the guy just has always seemed to have a nightmare with his computers and network. I have a feeling it has more to do with him wanting to use awful software and whoever is doing his work is cheapening out on hardware to make a healthy profit off of him.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Jeff Schick just jumped off the roof of IBM HQ

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Djarum posted:

So Howard is moving from PC to Apple. Just last night I was listening to him rant and rave in 1994 about how Apple is awful and OS/2 is the best.

It is probably for the best, the guy just has always seemed to have a nightmare with his computers and network. I have a feeling it has more to do with him wanting to use awful software and whoever is doing his work is cheapening out on hardware to make a healthy profit off of him.

The show will be worth it until Howard figures out you can plug a regular mouse into a Mac and somehow turns it into Apple's greatest achievement. "USB is the wave of the future, Robin. I even hear they got a 2nd version of it coming out!"

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Do yourselves a favor and never listen to Geek Time. John "the boy toucher" Hein was trying to explain why Apple is doing so well even though they lack applications. It was because of THE INTERNET.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
I don't care WHAT you say. I think Geek Time with John "The Boy Toucher" Hein is great.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Glumwheels posted:

Do yourselves a favor and never listen to Geek Time. John "the boy toucher" Hein was trying to explain why Apple is doing so well even though they lack applications. It was because of THE INTERNET.

That show really baffles me. I've listened to it, and yeah, it's absolute poo poo. They 'tech' people they get to call in are so retarded and can't explain anything properly. On the other hand, they actually get decent guests. Tricia Helfer has been on there a few times and they get guys like John Favreau on there too.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
People love to kill Robin here, but I will admit while annoying she does make me almost die laughing sometimes. Like today:

Gary "Adrianne Curry is a little too yappy for me"
Robin "that is because you have to talk"

People always say they do this, but I swear to god this superslam was the first time I've ever spit out coffee laughing for real. It even burned my ears somehow.

Killing Robin is probably the favorite hobby of this thread, but compared to any other girl on any radio show she is Michael Jordan.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Ha figures Robin gets that in on Gary. He is second only to Robin in thread wide hatred, I think.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Oh speaking of Gary the book thing was hilarious as well. Can't believe Fred missed the chance for a Baba Booey song though

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Joe Don Baker posted:

That show really baffles me. I've listened to it, and yeah, it's absolute poo poo. They 'tech' people they get to call in are so retarded and can't explain anything properly. On the other hand, they actually get decent guests. Tricia Helfer has been on there a few times and they get guys like John Favreau on there too.

It would be a really good show if Ralph, John Hein, and Gary had absolutely nothing to do with it. All 3 of them are morons and know jack poo poo about computers, gadgets, software, etc. The sickening thing is Howard seems to think they're geniuses ugh.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Glumwheels posted:

It would be a really good show if Ralph, John Hein, and Gary had absolutely nothing to do with it. All 3 of them are morons and know jack poo poo about computers, gadgets, software, etc. The sickening thing is Howard seems to think they're geniuses ugh.

I know this isn't uncommon, but I think Ralph is the worst. An unapologetic apple fanatic without a single solid reason for why they do the things they do. He can't explain what the difference between 3G and 4G is, doesn't understand that the iPhone 4 is a 3G device, etc. He's painful to listen to when pressed on any issue, really. The worst part is, he's incapable of saying "I don't know." to anybody who asks him a question.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Howard's Cousin Brucie impression slays me, especially when he starts barking.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

CHANNEL 88??!!!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

CHANNEL 88??!!!

That fuckign killed me. Howard doing his parents is one of the few reliable go-tos that he has anymore.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Robin thinks Howard switching to Macs would be "a coup for Apple"? I guarantee you that Apple doesn't give two shits what computer Howard uses.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Brocktoon posted:

Robin thinks Howard switching to Macs would be "a coup for Apple"? I guarantee you that Apple doesn't give two shits what computer Howard uses.

I think Apple gives two shits anytime anyone switches from PC to Mac. It's kind of what they do.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Well guys. I've been lied to my whole life. No such thing as breakfast foods.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Joe Don Baker posted:

Well guys. I've been lied to my whole life. No such thing as breakfast foods.

Context please, this sounds pretty funny.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Context please, this sounds pretty funny.

Robin was vegucating some kids. She told them that they've been lied to and that there's no such thing as breakfast foods. You can eat vegetables any time.

On its face, she's right. You can eat whatever you want for breakfast. The way she said it implied there's some sort of conspiracy by Big Breakfast to make us eat eggs and toast everyday instead of green drink.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That's so backwards. The real conspiracy is trying to hide breakfast foods from us at lunch or dinner and don't give me that brunch faggotry.

I have pancakes at night and they're delicious. :colbert:

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
"Chrome and Foxfire." -Robin Quivers

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Today is Ash Wednesday for Catholics across the world and in honor of that let's all re-listen to a classic clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdGpmzrsknY

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

Imagine Howard Stern has an Apple fanboy. That may be the greatest thing ever.

Especially when, in a fit of madness, he demands that Sirius switch all of the studio's PCs to iMacs.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Robin's so goddamn smug and self righteous about her vegetables that it makes me want to...post about it on the Internet. (I ran out of steam there at the end because I skipped breakfast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Imagine Howard Stern has an Apple fanboy. That may be the greatest thing ever.

Especially when, in a fit of madness, he demands that Sirius switch all of the studio's PCs to iMacs.

Never happen. There is no professional radio software for OSX. I know that most audio recording/editing is done on a Mac, at least in my experience, but no one has ever really made a good integrated radio suite for OSX. I am sure the demand is there. Keeping up a Windows machine that is touched by bored disc jockeys with no concept of keeping viruses, etc off it is a nightmare. It is worse at a smaller station without much of a budget for IT.

A station I know of in a small city had to contract out tens of thousands of dollars of free ad time to have them work on their PCs. The owner of the local PC repair shop thought it was a great deal as he had no budget for advertising and didn't think he was going to have to deal with the station much. Fast forward three months the guy had to hire another employee to just deal with the station as they needed on site support minimum three days a week. I believe the owner of the PC repair shop had to cancel the support contract with the station as he was losing money on the deal.

PROTip: NEVER take anything in trade from a Radio Station. They WILL take advantage of you and you WILL get ripped off somehow.

I know the city I live in at the moment has had several businesses close their doors because local media ripped them off. Restaurants are the easiest targets for them. Here is how that scam works. You get offered either free or a reduced ad rate for free food for the station. Most small new restaurants jump right on as they need to get their name out there and they don't think the station will need that much free food. What ends up happening is you have people at the station taking advantage of the relationship, ordering $50-$100 worth of food at a time several times a week. Now generally if you are getting targeted with this scam you don't live in a market that will bring you enough customers to cover that kind of expense. What ends up happening is the guy either tells the station to gently caress off or he goes out of business either because he lost too much money or the station suckered him into signing a binding contract.