Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Your loyal assistant Dr. Meowgon is all over this one.

Dodgeball posted:

Eglamore was shot and killed in Vietnam.

Still, it was the best summer of my life.

Eglamore's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan...it spun in. There were no survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Talas posted:

That was when everyone found out she was a robot after all.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Jones is not a robot, and I will continue to remind everyone until this silliness is concluded :colbert:

(seriously, though, Annie said she learned about Jones from the forest, and what would the forest know about robots?)

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

McGravin posted:

So how long ago did the thread title change to "(boxbot appreciation station)", instead of boxbot not allowed?

Haha I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out just now.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
After some jerks just wouldn't stop bringing him up :colbert:

Phil Resch
May 11, 2006
Goon Through Charity (And Don't I Forget It)

Detetsu posted:

Eglamore's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan...it spun in. There were no survivors.

Pshaw. Eglamore's plane wasn't shot down. He misjudged his bounding leap, and fell into the Annan Waters. No one to blame but himself (or boxbot).

But you're still a jerk, because your reference makes me feel old.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Phil Resch posted:

Pshaw. Eglamore's plane wasn't shot down. He misjudged his bounding leap, and fell into the Annan Waters. No one to blame but himself (or boxbot).

But you're still a jerk, because your reference makes me feel old.

If it helps, I'm 22 and got the reference: :shobon:

Unconventional Oven
Jan 24, 2006

Not your ordinary oven.
Fanart I just finished!

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Very pretty! I like the way her hair wraps around Coyote.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Great, now Kat looks exactly like an ex of mine. GUNNER KRIGG JUST GOT WEIRD FOR ME.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Mido posted:

Great, now Kat looks exactly like an ex of mine. GUNNER KRIGG JUST GOT WEIRD FOR ME.
...are you a bird?

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Your loyal assistant Dr. Meowgon is all over this one.

Fecha posted:

...are you a bird?

It would explain his fowl mood.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Unconventional Oven posted:

Fanart I just finished!

The one eye open / one eye closed plus the curvature of the hair and god gives me a yin/yang feel. Was that intentional?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Fanart I just finished!

Man, Gunnerkrigg inspires such great fanart. I wish more people would fanart it up.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Fanart I just finished!

I very much approve of your art.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The scar and the closed eye makes it look like she has a black eye :ohdear:

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Rei_ posted:

The scar and the closed eye makes it look like she has a black eye :ohdear:

This is what I thought when I saw it, especially since she seems quite pissed off about something.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fanart I just finished!

Coyote has all eyes on her.

Unconventional Oven
Jan 24, 2006

Not your ordinary oven.
Infinity or a yingyang is what I was going for. Lately Annie has had a lot of under eye shadows in the comic and she's getting really pissy more easily. Oh the miracles of growing up as a magical girl.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Jeanne's lover is Coyote, right? And they shot him? Or did I misinterpret that bit?

P.S. Ovens that is beast mode.

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003
I'm pretty sure that was just some green dude.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Yeah, I think Coyote was just taking the form of an elf when he was "romancing" Annie off the forest because he thought it'd be funny.

But yeah, the green guy getting shot, and the artifact they shot him with seems to be what cursed the Annan waters.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Does anybody else find it a little weird that Kat is more tanned than Annie, despite the fact that Annie has spent the entirety of summer living the forest and Kat has spent it in Scotland?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Calico Noose posted:

Does anybody else find it a little weird that Kat is more tanned than Annie, despite the fact that Annie has spent the entirety of summer living the forest and Kat has spent it in Scotland?

Forests involve a lot of tree-cover. Tree cover kind of prevents tanning.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Kat's acting so weird because the buttons Annie pushed self-destructed the sub with all the other students.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dah, just hug and catch up with what Annie did over the summer already!

:argh: Tension!

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
I didn't notice it on Monday, but I really like Kat's shirt.

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

Zorak posted:

Forests involve a lot of tree-cover. Tree cover kind of prevents tanning.

Also the Donlans spent three weeks in Scotland visiting family, and the other three weeks in France.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Nonbaka posted:

I didn't notice it on Monday, but I really like Kat's shirt.

Watch as that shirt shows up on Topatoco two weeks later :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like how the characters are so willing to talk and discuss things. Any other strip would involve weeks of NO TALKING WITH YOU AM ANGRY and other such things.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I like that Kat understands why Annie would be devastated but at the same time feels conflicted because Annie didn't come to her for support but instead ran to the forest. Looks like Annie's got some trust with Kat to rebuild. I'm also glad that the whole "I'm angry at you lets stretch this drama out" bit is non-existent.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Well I doubt Kat got the whole 'we forgot to mention to her that her very existence starved her mother of the energy that sustains all life on this planet, and on top of that she is intertwined genetically with some sort of firey fey creature' story from her Scientist parents who probably go 'Heh. Magic? Please.'

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rei_ posted:

Well I doubt Kat got the whole 'we forgot to mention to her that her very existence starved her mother of the energy that sustains all life on this planet, and on top of that she is intertwined genetically with some sort of firey fey creature' story from her Scientist parents who probably go 'Heh. Magic? Please.'

I got the same feel from this. I think she got some sort of softened version of the story, not "Annie unintentionally killed her mother like some form of vampiric changeling and should she ever have a child, the same will happen to her."

Rei_
May 16, 2004

"Annie's got the hormones and she stole a flamethrower"

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Rei_ posted:

her Scientist parents who probably go 'Heh. Magic? Please.'
Anja is actually rather pro-magic and can even do it herself! http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=545
And her husband seems to approve, too, considering he used etheric technology to protect Annie when Ysengrin attacked her. And when Anja used magic in the flashback he thought it was super rad.
But yeah, I'm sure Kat is missing part of the story, or she wouldn't be so torn about how to treat Annie.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Rei_ posted:

'Heh. Magic? Please.'

So far in the story this pretty much describes Kat and only Kat. Her parents have described themselves as way on the pro-magic side of a group that already chats with ghosts and demigods like it ain't no thang, runs magic-harvesting weather control machines, has intangible-demon containment protocols and (possibly) an entire department dedicated to educating fairy/wizard/monster children, and whose workplace is infested by a plague of mysterious self-replicating intelligent robot parrots. The Court is, uh, pretty accepting of the paranormal.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Revolver Bunker posted:

Looks like Annie's got some trust with Kat to rebuild.

Hell-oooo? New boots!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Are a good start, but I'm certain they'd match perfectly with that leather purse Annie's carrying.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The full story is worse though. The Coyote got her to stay in the forest through a promise of power, and she didn't think about Kat until after she made her decision.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

"My mom is dead because of me, and I will die because of my child, and everyone knew, everyone, anyone I trusted lied to me my entire life and I'm not even human.

But what does Kat think???"

ehhh I can give Annie the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Assuming Annie has a child, anyway.