Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

TShields posted:

Good loving lord, I got written up because an auditor found 1- ONE- out of date product- peanuts expired by less than 24 hours. Apparently I'm personally responsible for every out of date product now out of the hundreds of thousands of packages we have in the store at every given moment.
Do you work in the produce department? If you don't, someone really hates you because it is impossible to track all of grocery (stuff that night crew stocks) items.

My department has out of date audits about once a month. 1 out of date item found and I get written up as well. A department manager at another store stepped down after being a manager for over a decade because he got suspended after failing 3 consecutive audits. Failing an audit requires only 1 out of date item to be found out of hundreds of items.

Thankfully for me the timing of these audits is very predictable so I can spend half my shift combing through product to find that one item that was wedge between the shelf and back of the case. I find that it is more important to find that one item instead of keeping the case full of fresh product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

At my last job, I worked in a little locally owned gas station that sold typical gas station food and whatnot. And pigs feet in jars, but that's a whole 'nother story. Anyway, I'd get bored when there was no one in the place and pull all the expired stuff (and some of it was like six months to a year out of date) and set it in the back room with a note for the owner to look at and get rid of. Nine times out of then, the next time I worked it was back on the shelves and the owner told me to just put the expired stuff behind the newer stuff and ignore it.

That place was so backwards.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
"Can I cash this cheque here?"

"This cheque is for 2 dollars and its 6 years old...."

"So?"

"So...no"

Who the gently caress keeps a 6 year old cheque from the government for 2 dollars?

Weirdos.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

ijii posted:

Do you work in the produce department? If you don't, someone really hates you because it is impossible to track all of grocery (stuff that night crew stocks) items.

My department has out of date audits about once a month. 1 out of date item found and I get written up as well. A department manager at another store stepped down after being a manager for over a decade because he got suspended after failing 3 consecutive audits. Failing an audit requires only 1 out of date item to be found out of hundreds of items.

Thankfully for me the timing of these audits is very predictable so I can spend half my shift combing through product to find that one item that was wedge between the shelf and back of the case. I find that it is more important to find that one item instead of keeping the case full of fresh product.

Nope. Work at a major pharmacy chain. I think my manager is trying to whittle away my sanity to nothing until I leave. It's working.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Things I feel like a petty bitch for complaining about : one in a series.

People who bring up a huge armful of merchandise and then make their final decisions regarding what they want and what they don't while actually standing at my register. This involves sorting of items into little piles, a great many changes of mind that necessitate me running back and forth to and from the gobacks shelf after they decide they did/didn't want that item after all, and so on. It is only white women between the ages of about 25 and 45 who do this, for some reason, and it drives me loving berserko.

[e: I think I mostly hate this behavior because it underscores how wasteful and pointless most "shopping" activity is. If that chintzy made-in-China widget didn't inspire you to devote any thought to it while you were actually shopping, you probably don't loving need it and in fact it probably shouldn't loving exist at all.]

spite house fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 9, 2011

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
There was little worse at AMC than the people who stood in line for something like 10-20 minutes, and when they finally got to me, only right loving then did they decide what they wanted to order. And it's made even worse by how cashiers are always told to flag people down who come within 20 feet of the counter, even if they're probably not even going to order anything.

It's another one of those things that probably works for the 0.01% of people who need to be goaded into ordering something, but for everyone else it's annoying as hell, because hey! I wanna decide what I'm ordering before I go up to the counter so that I won't have someone waiting on me while I think of something.

Working that job was about 90% stupid customer habits propagated by idiotic corporate policies.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010

TShields posted:

Nope. Work at a major pharmacy chain. I think my manager is trying to whittle away my sanity to nothing until I leave. It's working.

I usually work in the pharmacy, but for a while they goaded me into working for the front end of the store. I did outdating and found stuff back from 2003 on the shelves. Some of those items were stuff like beef jerky which takes like, what, seven years to expire? One of my coworkers bought a bag of rice which turned out to be moldy.

Don't buy food from pharmacies.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

TShields posted:

I pretty much have stopped reading all the other posts in the thread; because, for me at least, it's pretty much turned into the Rooting for TShields to Get a Rad Job Thread.

You can do eet!

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

NarwhalParty posted:

I usually work in the pharmacy, but for a while they goaded me into working for the front end of the store. I did outdating and found stuff back from 2003 on the shelves. Some of those items were stuff like beef jerky which takes like, what, seven years to expire? One of my coworkers bought a bag of rice which turned out to be moldy.

Don't buy food from pharmacies.

Or gas stations.

Death Bear
Apr 1, 2010
I laughed while reading posts about customers who would try to haggle on set retail prices. "Hilarious!" I thought. "That will never happen to me."

Well, I was wrong. On Saturday a guy slapped down a pile of hardcover books onto the counter and began speaking in the most pretentious manner.

:smugdog:: I have seventy dollars worth of books here. I would like you to consider selling them to me for sixty dollars.
:geno:: No.
:smugdog:: Why not?
:geno:: We're a retail store, we don't negotiate prices. Hardcovers are already discounted by ten percent.
:smugdog:: Can I get a manager to discount them?
:geno:: No you can't. Our prices are set and we aren't allowed to discount any further.
:smugdog:: Well!

Also, parents, just because I'm in my 20s doesn't mean I won't tell your kids no. If your child is going in our windows or dinging our service bell to their heart's content while you aren't paying attention, I'm going to tell them to stop for both our sakes. We ding our bell three times to call coworkers up to the front for help, so when your kid is all :buddy: DING DING DING DING DING on our bell, don't get snippy with us I tell you why three other people came running up to the front. At this point I just hide it under the counter when I see a kid coming because for some reason they just can't resist dinging the bell and parents are always like "sure, go ahead!"

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Part-Time Robot posted:

Also, parents, just because I'm in my 20s doesn't mean I won't tell your kids no. If your child is going in our windows or dinging our service bell to their heart's content while you aren't paying attention, I'm going to tell them to stop for both our sakes. We ding our bell three times to call coworkers up to the front for help, so when your kid is all :buddy: DING DING DING DING DING on our bell, don't get snippy with us I tell you why three other people came running up to the front. At this point I just hide it under the counter when I see a kid coming because for some reason they just can't resist dinging the bell and parents are always like "sure, go ahead!"
At least your bell is removable. I've worked at a store where our customer service bell was electronic and within reaching distance of a 5 year old. As some of you probably can guess, the parents are always right next to the kids doing nothing to stop them when the parent never had any intention of wanting help. Parents just let them treat it like a toy.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

TShields posted:

I think I used to work for the same company you do. All this bullshit sounds mighty familiar :smith:

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Dodgeball posted:

I pretty much have stopped reading all the other posts in the thread; because, for me at least, it's pretty much turned into the Rooting for TShields to Get a Rad Job Thread.

You can do eet!

:toot: Thanks for the support!

But goddamn, where have all the good job postings gone?! I can't find anything like what I was applying for a month ago. Hindsight=20/20 and all. :sigh:

Anyone live in central NC and have a job connection for me?

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TShields posted:

But goddamn, where have all the good job postings gone?! I can't find anything like what I was applying for a month ago. Hindsight=20/20 and all. :sigh:

The new fiscal year opened up headcount in a lot of headcount frozen teams.

haybee
Nov 3, 2008
I'm in NZ and I have been trying to get management to donate bread for the Christchurch Earthquake relief to go into food parcels. Basically they said "NO", even though we could have at least sold it for cost. That afternoon one of the aformentioned managers sent through a donation (i.e. FREE)order for the local soccer club, they were having a sausage sizzle to raise money for, you guessed it, the earthquake.

haybee fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 10, 2011

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

TShields posted:

:toot: Thanks for the support!

Anyone live in central NC and have a job connection for me?

I don't live in Central NC, but we have technician jobs available down that way. How interested would you be in driving around in a paid-for vehicle and fixing stuff?

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Nocheez posted:

I don't live in Central NC, but we have technician jobs available down that way. How interested would you be in driving around in a paid-for vehicle and fixing stuff?

I don't know how qualified I'd be for that, honestly. That's the problem, I have lots of skills, but everyone wants fancy pieces of paper to go along with them.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

TShields posted:

I don't know how qualified I'd be for that, honestly. That's the problem, I have lots of skills, but everyone wants fancy pieces of paper to go along with them.

We have an assessment test that you take. Most of our techs are high-school graduates with no certifications. You just have to know how things work and how to fix them.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Nocheez posted:

We have an assessment test that you take. Most of our techs are high-school graduates with no certifications. You just have to know how things work and how to fix them.

I can hang a picture on the wall with reasonable skill. That's about it.. My dad wasn't exactly a handyman.

I just saw a job posting on Indeed for a position called a "Billing Ninja", and the job posting was awesome. It was too far away though. :(

Just applied for an office job with Waste Management. Here's hoping.. :unsmith:

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

TShields posted:

Just applied for an office job with Waste Management. Here's hoping.. :unsmith:

I hope you like interesting odors.

Apocalypse Please
May 7, 2007

Is you takin' notes on a criminal fuckin' conspiracy?!
Ok with all the stupid changes my store has made recently because of new management, it's really time to find something else.

Someone please tell me there's a job in Dallas hiring that pays more than $10/hr and has a regular schedule and doesn't require 5 years of experience.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Apocalypse Please posted:

Ok with all the stupid changes my store has made recently because of new management, it's really time to find something else.

Someone please tell me there's a job in Dallas hiring that pays more than $10/hr and has a regular schedule and doesn't require 5 years of experience.

That's ALL I'm looking for in NC. If I was making $10+ an hour, I could live in the house I'm in until loving Armageddon and I wouldn't care. There are awesome jobs... in the next county over, about an hour drive away. There is nothing by me. Oh well, time to get ready for work. I'd rather slam my dick in a car door. What wonders await me today?! :suicide:

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
My first full day back at work since my surgery last week. 5 hours with no break, standing on my feet, with arrows of pain radiating from my bellybutton and waves of nausea rushing over me every so often. At least there weren't too many people complaining about the layout change, except for one lady who kept insisting that I needed to say something to "whoever ordered these changes" since I was an employee and I obviously had something to do with it. Being in pain and on half a dose of some pain medication that made me loopy, I kind of argued back with her and told her that I didn't have anything to do with it, they do this with every store every 3-5 years, they do it because it forces you to look around for what you need and thus you see more and spend more money. Also because I am an employee, I have LESS pull than you, the customer, so if you have something to say about it I am not the person to talk to but I can assure you that if you'd like to go to the customer service counter after you're done checking out and register a complaint with the manager or get corporate's number, someone might get to you sooner or later and apologize about the way the store looks.
She kind of gave me this defeated look and snatched the receipt from my hand before leaving.

Another thing I realize I really hate it when people think they have to actually tell myself or the bagger "MAKE SURE THE COLD IS SEPARATE, THE CHEMICALS AREN'T WITH FOOD AND THAT PRODUCE IS NOT TOUCHING ANY MEAT! ALSO THOSE REUSABLE BAGS THAT ARE INSULATED ARE FOR COLD THINGS ONLY PLEASE!!" Ok ok I get it, you had a bad bagger once and he was probably just being a shithead because YOU were being a shithead and decided to back your things wrong, ok fine. But 9 times out of 10, this doesn't happen and your things will get bagged properly. There is actually more of a chance that they'll gently caress it up if you act like a dick and say something about it. This is their job, they know what they're doing. If you want it done in a certain way, do it yourself like a few other customers insist on. Produce can go with meat sometimes, especially if the meat is vacuum-sealed and if the produce is something you're cooking later on. If I'm at express and I ask you if it's ok to put everything in one back and you have a bag of oranges or lemons or something with a skin, and then a tightly sealed bag of pork, don't look at me like I'm a retard and talk to me in that condescending tone of voice, "Do you ACTUALLY THINK that you can put MEAT with FRUIT???" ...
I had one guy come through my line yesterday and asked me if I enjoyed my job. I was honest with him, I told him yes and no. There are a bunch of things I would change about this job but there are some things that are ok. I also told him that unlike everyone thinks, and I said this loud enough for the other 4 people in line to hear, being a cashier is not all that easy and it's not something any idiot could do. It's not something someone with a weak disposition could do. It's not something someone who is older or has back, hip, knee, or foot problems could do. I was very frank and he said he appreciated the insight because he was looking for a job for his son. I let him know how lovely the pay was and that if his son was looking for a job to pay for anything other than maybe a tank of gas, he needed to look elsewhere. He was actually very thankful, not that fake "I'm just being polite" kind of thankful. I felt good for a little while after that.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Okay, I thought Indeed.com had everything but it's loving tapped out. Does anyone else know of a good job hunting source?

Edit: You know what? gently caress it- it's a 45 minute minimum drive, but I'm applying for the Billing Ninja job. They actually say that the more creative the resume and cover letter the better, and I have a creative resume now, so let's do this.

TShields fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 10, 2011

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

TShields posted:

That's ALL I'm looking for in NC. If I was making $10+ an hour, I could live in the house I'm in until loving Armageddon and I wouldn't care. There are awesome jobs... in the next county over, about an hour drive away. There is nothing by me. Oh well, time to get ready for work. I'd rather slam my dick in a car door. What wonders await me today?! :suicide:

I had to move nearly 500 miles away to get a job that paid a livable wage. I relocated to a place where I knew no one, and had never lived on my own. It worked, as I got a couple of promotions in just a few years.

You may need to widen your range.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Nocheez posted:

I had to move nearly 500 miles away to get a job that paid a livable wage. I relocated to a place where I knew no one, and had never lived on my own. It worked, as I got a couple of promotions in just a few years.

You may need to widen your range.

My problem is that we can't really move right now. My fiance's job is golden. She's with a great little animal hospital that is actually MAKING loving MONEY and moving to a new state-of-the-art building this spring. She started at more pay than me, and she's already gotten a raise. I'm the one holding us back, and it's killing me. I'm not going to make her sacrifice what she's built there.

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana

TShields posted:

leads?....

Try these guys Compass/Canteen not just lovely jobs with these guys - the company I work for subcontracts for them in several locations. Speaking of which, I googled "central NC vending" and came up with a short list. Qualifications typically are bending/lifting and drivers license w/no major violations if you go for it.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

silversiren posted:

Another thing I realize I really hate it when people think they have to actually tell myself or the bagger "MAKE SURE THE COLD IS SEPARATE, THE CHEMICALS AREN'T WITH FOOD AND THAT PRODUCE IS NOT TOUCHING ANY MEAT! ALSO THOSE REUSABLE BAGS THAT ARE INSULATED ARE FOR COLD THINGS ONLY PLEASE!!" Ok ok I get it, you had a bad bagger once and he was probably just being a shithead because YOU were being a shithead and decided to back your things wrong, ok fine. But 9 times out of 10, this doesn't happen and your things will get bagged properly. There is actually more of a chance that they'll gently caress it up if you act like a dick and say something about it. This is their job, they know what they're doing. If you want it done in a certain way, do it yourself like a few other customers insist on. Produce can go with meat sometimes, especially if the meat is vacuum-sealed and if the produce is something you're cooking later on. If I'm at express and I ask you if it's ok to put everything in one back and you have a bag of oranges or lemons or something with a skin, and then a tightly sealed bag of pork, don't look at me like I'm a retard and talk to me in that condescending tone of voice, "Do you ACTUALLY THINK that you can put MEAT with FRUIT???" ...

What's the basis behind all of this? When my girlfriend was working at a grocery store over the summer, she got chewed out by a customer on her second day for putting chicken in a bag with celery, and I'd never even heard of bagging etiquette outside of stuff like "don't put two-liters in with potato chips." Is it just concern that the packaging around the meat will tear, or something?

OmNom
Dec 31, 2003

I make a damn tasty cookie. https://bit.ly/rgjqfw

Farchanter posted:

What's the basis behind all of this? When my girlfriend was working at a grocery store over the summer, she got chewed out by a customer on her second day for putting chicken in a bag with celery, and I'd never even heard of bagging etiquette outside of stuff like "don't put two-liters in with potato chips." Is it just concern that the packaging around the meat will tear, or something?

It's a cross contamination prevention measure. There is the possibility of the outside of the package of meat harboring food borne illnesses; putting that in contact with a food item that can be served and consumed raw poses the risk of spreading said illness.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The concept of having someone bag your groceries is unknown here in Holland, which means that some people wait until the entire table fills with their crap, then spend 10 minutes getting their wallet out, then spend 10 minutes finding their card, pay for their poo poo and THEN start packing their groceries, getting in the way of the next person (me) and they usually have the audactity of being all huffy when I wring myself around them so I can pack MY poo poo in my bags WHILE the cashiers beeping then LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD GODDAMMIT! :argh:

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 10, 2020

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

spankmeister posted:

The concept of having someone bag your groceries is unknown here in Holland, which means that some people (usually women for some reason :confused: ) wait until the entire table fills with their crap, then spend 10 minutes getting their wallet out, then spend 10 minutes finding their card, pay for their poo poo and THEN start packing their groceries, getting in the way of the next person (me) and they usually have the audactity of being all huffy when I wring myself around them so I can pack MY poo poo in my bags WHILE the cashiers beeping then LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD GODDAMMIT! :argh:

Crowded supermarkets in Switzerland make me really aggressive anyway and one day some dozy bint is going to get clocked because seriously get out of the loving way you stupid cow.

I'm usually a nice guy but loving people sometimes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love this thread. I haven't worked in retail for a while now, but every one of these stories brings back memories. What follows is the story of why I will never, ever, under any circumstance work retail again.

When I was younger I worked at a children's theme theme-park called Kiddie-Land in Chicago which has since closed in 2009. While I worked there I was the front-line ticket salesman for the company. We had a strict, and I mean absolutely strict, no checks policy.

One day as I'm sitting in my little booth a I see a bus pull up and a nun come out of it leading a group of young children. She waits patiently in line and finally gets to the front. We chat a bit as another nun counts the children and it turns out the kids are orphans and the sisters have run a long collection drive to get the money together to get these kids out here.

We finish counting and when she goes to pay, she hands me a check. I'm petrified. I pause and tell her I'll have to call my manager since we don't normally take checks. I pick up the booth phone and call my immediate manager who tells me "We absolutely do not take checks, tell her to pay with something else." She of course, being a sister, doesn't have anything else on her person even beginning to be close enough to pay for everyone. I call back ad my manager tells me "If they can't pay, they can't come in."

If you have never had to live this moment I cannot describe to you the sheer all encompassing shame you feel. For minimum wage you're supposed to tell a nun that she has to take everybody, get back on the bus, and go. This is a woman who has clearly dedicated her life to helping other people, a woman who has orphans around her who are tugging and pulling, waiting to get tickets so they go into a normal park and be just normal goddamn kids for a day, and you're supposed to loving do that.

gently caress you manager. I don't even remember your name but goddammit I despise you. You didn't come to make the announcement. You didn't come to back me up. You didn't even come to check to see what the hell I was talking about. I don't know what you were doing, but apparently it was better than trying to help some goddamn orphans enjoy the park you worked at.

For everybody worried, no, I didn't turn them away. I left the booth, found the owner (kiddie land was family owned and on a fairly small lot, which today I am told is a Costco) and told them. Its the only time in my life I've ever seen someone go pale and they raced out of the office and in 5 minutes had a solution worked out. Before, of course, you get too happy it should be noted the only reason they were worried was how bad the PR would be. There are business that deserve to go under, and Kiddie Land was one of them.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 11, 2011

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.
Well got a job offer today, so I am out of retail for the foreseeable future. Go Year of the Job!

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

TShields posted:

it's a 45 minute minimum drive

I did this for the better part of a year with the QA job I got after I was laid off by the university I worked at, and while it sucked to be getting up at 6:00 to get out by 6:45 to get in at 7:30, it wasn't all that bad. I still managed to make enough to pay gas, bills, rent, and get a few nice things on the side, so take heart- unless your financial situation really blows, this could be just the thing you need.

oldyogurt
Aug 14, 2004

Son of a--
Muldoon

Barudak posted:

Nun story

Well at least the ending was saved from disaster, but I was laughing in shock halfway through this story thinking it could have ended much much worse.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

With the nun story, jesus gently caress I'd like to think I'd have risked whatever managerial wrath and just said, keep the money for something else and let them walk in.

At the very least I'd offer to pay myself on card or something and have her write the cheque to me.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Ugh, I'm so sick of getting jerked around. Another round of apps went out today, maybe I'll actually hear something this time! Working on out of dates again.. If I suck at it do bad, MAYBE you should let someone else handle it for a change! Or maybe you're setting me up to fail.. loving prick manager.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
No one's even given me a response for retail applications. I think it's because I went to university for five years, but I absolutely have to include that in my resumé or otherwise I have to explain away why I wasn't working for 3 years. :(

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Megera posted:

I have to explain away why I wasn't working for 3 years. :(

"The economy"

Seriously, I was out of work for 2 years before I got a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Some nice schadenfreude from my last job:

I was laid off to make room for a "Savior" that would magically fix the company, a major NJ fitness retailer. This guy has 10 years of experience! (at a similar retailer that went bankrupt 6 years ago). Basically the CEO was grooming this guy to buy out the company in a year, in true pass-the-buck fashion.

He started the Savior off at $20/hour, when the managers of 12+ years make maybe $16/hour and haven't gotten a raise (even to match inflation) in 4+ years. The managers nearly mutinied when they found this out. After about a month and a half, the Savior quit. He couldn't figure out the computer system, he barely understood "exercise & fitness", & wanted to make commission on top of his pay, etc. So now there's 3 employees (2 managers & a part-timer (35 hours/week)) to man a retail store 7 days a week. Amazing. On the plus side, they barely advertise ("I've been in this business a long time, and it doesn't work"), so there's not a ton of customers anyway.

On top of this, the delivery manager quit, and the owner fired 2 other delivery guys. But don't worry, he hired a new delivery manager, whom everyone suspects stole $3000 about 3 years ago and disappeared. Literally. When he was a lowly delivery guy, he made a treadmill delivery, was given $3k in cash to pay the bill, and never showed up again. Now he's in charge of the delivery department.

The owner, of course, sticks to the party line of "we have no money for raises." But good news, he bought 3 new antique arcade machines for his enormous collection in his mansion. Plus, he asked the staff to come to his house and move the machines from his garage down into his basement. For free, off-hours.

The owner's wife, also co-owner, who actually pays the bill, refuses to come in anymore. She's "tired of being cooped up in the store all the time." For 10 hours a week. Maybe.

A National TV show that's filmed in the area, Jerseylicious, wanted to use the store for a location. The owner couldn't even be arsed to come in when the cameras showed up.

At this point, I'm waiting for him to go bankrupt so I can buy the company for $10k and turn it into a franchise. You're all invited.