Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

PriorMarcus posted:

Now, I wasn't even part of the thread (never watched the show) but poo poo like this is why we can't have nice things.

Jokes? On my internet? It's more likely than you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Did anyone dare to watch 'omg with peaches geldof'? I was just flicking through the channels and saw this weeks was about furries. Jesus christ. I'd watch it as I imagine it's pretty funny/sad, but I can't stand that stupid bitch.

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

A5H posted:

Did anyone dare to watch 'omg with peaches geldof'? I was just flicking through the channels and saw this weeks was about furries. Jesus christ. I'd watch it as I imagine it's pretty funny/sad, but I can't stand that stupid bitch.

Somehow me and my girlfriend ended up staring at it with our mouths open, alternately shouting at it, her usually about how awful the person on the screen was, me usually at that 'TV Psychologist' woman being an awful poo poo and an embarrasment to her profession.

It's car-crash telly. The best description ever.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Holy Doughnuts! posted:

Somehow me and my girlfriend ended up staring at it with our mouths open, alternately shouting at it, her usually about how awful the person on the screen was, me usually at that 'TV Psychologist' woman being an awful poo poo and an embarrasment to her profession.

Did she get shagged by someone wearing a fursuit?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

A5H posted:

I watched a little bit of it with my gf, and it was shockingly bad. I mean, I'd seen the adverts begging people to text in with their problems that make their pals go 'OMG!' and I knew it would be pretty crass, but it's more abysmal than you could imagine.

The bit I saw was some prissy pink princess girl (who we both thought was a pastiche anyway) who turns out to be a vampire at night!!! It was just so depressingly mundane that I think even the live, slack-jawed studio audience could barely disguise their boredom behind their prompted applause.

So, it's not even 'so good it's bad' telly. It has no merit. It is poo poo.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

How quickly does stuff normally go up on 4od? I want to watch Jamie's Dream School and find out if Starkey stops making such an arse out of himself.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

The Perfect Element posted:

So, it's not even 'so good it's bad' telly. It has no merit. It is poo poo.

And your TV licence went towards that.

I'm at odds when considering whether the populace as a whole has good enough taste to be given a choice when it comes to which areas of the BBC their licence fee goes to.

For example, if people were given a choice for where their payments go, would we inevitably see more guff like Peaches Geldof Dancing Outside with Doctor Who's Stars on Radio 1? Or would we see an actual rise in the quality of items being produced.

Clearly, some people at the BBC need their heads examined (especially if this Peaches crap is on the air yet Radio 6 was at one point for the axe :psyduck:), but what can we do?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The eternal dilemma. Democracy is ostensibly a good thing, but the majority of people are morons.

It's a knotty one.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Kin posted:

And your TV licence went towards that.

I'm at odds when considering whether the populace as a whole has good enough taste to be given a choice when it comes to which areas of the BBC their licence fee goes to.

For example, if people were given a choice for where their payments go, would we inevitably see more guff like Peaches Geldof Dancing Outside with Doctor Who's Stars on Radio 1? Or would we see an actual rise in the quality of items being produced.

Clearly, some people at the BBC need their heads examined (especially if this Peaches crap is on the air yet Radio 6 was at one point for the axe :psyduck:), but what can we do?

Since when did my license fee go to ITV?

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

ibroxmassive posted:

Well, your license fee goes to the BBC.

BBC staff get paid by the BBC.

BBC staff then go and purchase goods and services.

The producers of said goods and services more than likely advertise their products on ITV.

ITV gets paid by the producers of said goods and services.

So, now you see how your BBC license fee is helping fund terrible ITV programmes starring Peaches Geldof. It also happens when you buy a KFC or a packet of McVities biscuits or a tube of Aquafresh too.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

ibroxmassive posted:

Got my channels mixed up when i saw the ads for it. I thought it was a BBC3 travesty.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Kin posted:

Got my channels mixed up when i saw the ads for it. I thought it was a BBC3 travesty.

For every Coming of Age on BBC3 you're starting to see some actual programmes like Junior Doctors, it's a weird mix.

ITV2 has The Only Way Is Essex.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ibroxmassive posted:

ITV2 has The Only Way Is Essex.

The Only Way Is Essex is a great show and I will throw a drink over anyone who says otherwise :colbert:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Apparently Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps is being revived this year :smithicide:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Metrication posted:

Apparently Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps is being revived this year :smithicide:

I enjoyed it when I was about 14, but even then the only good thing about it was Johnny's endearing retardedness. And Sheridan Smith's baps, I suppose.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Metrication posted:

I was confused with the lot of it. Although i'm not surprised it's being renewed seeing as how it's pretty realistic (if Jeremey Kyle is anything to go by). You've got one guy who's mates with 2 birds, one of them is the widow (with a kid) of his dead best made and he's banging them both like it's a game of shag tennis.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Kin posted:

I was confused with the lot of it. Although i'm not surprised it's being renewed seeing as how it's pretty realistic (if Jeremey Kyle is anything to go by). You've got one guy who's mates with 2 birds, one of them is the widow (with a kid) of his dead best made and he's banging them both like it's a game of shag tennis.

I don't think I've ever watched it for more than a couple of minutes. It seemed to have millions of episodes though, I remember Simon Amstell talking about it being a program of quantity rather than quality.

Also, where the gently caress is series 4 of the The Thick of It?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

A5H posted:

It's a loving abomination. Geldof is a poo poo host and sounds thoroughly bored at the whole thing, the other ensemble of presenters just about hold it together but can't hide the fact that they don't like what they're doing. Although the irony of Peaches Geldof fronting a show which had an item on fame and people being famous for gently caress all did get a little grin out of me.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Crufts starts on More4 tonight.

I only mention it because everyone thinks that Crufts isn't shown anymore because it's not on BBC.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

It's a loving abomination. Geldof is a poo poo host and sounds thoroughly bored at the whole thing, the other ensemble of presenters just about hold it together but can't hide the fact that they don't like what they're doing. Although the irony of Peaches Geldof fronting a show which had an item on fame and people being famous for gently caress all did get a little grin out of me.

I'm watching the first episode online right now, and I feel kinda conflicted. I actually think the concept is pretty ace, trying to show off these different lifestyles, kinks, fetishes or whatever you want to call them. But the execution is just plain bad. And y'know, Peaches.

e: Also the Peaches-fangirl hipster chicks in the audience are bugging the crap outta me.

e2: Christ, they do after-ad recaps on a talk show! Why?!

Rarity fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 10, 2011

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Adrianics posted:

Wo-Gan had me absolutely spluttering with laughter (who did the voice, by the way? Kind of sounded like Rob Brydon's impression), and it was great to see Brooker tackle the news again. Is that the last one?

As far as I could tell, the voice of Wo-Gan was done by Peter Serafinowicz. He's known for doing a VERY good impression of him, and has done it on panel shows and the like.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I didn't realise Wo-Gan was Serafinowicz, I love that guy. He's hilarious in basically everything he does ever.

Anyone watching Masterchef? It's ridiculous now but I'm really enjoying it, I guess I'm a sucker for that kind of terrible reality show, Top Model-type format. Rooting for Tim right now, but I have a huge crush on Kennedy, he's adorable :blush:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

thehustler posted:

As far as I could tell, the voice of Wo-Gan was done by Peter Serafinowicz. He's known for doing a VERY good impression of him, and has done it on panel shows and the like.

That's what I thought, but he wasn't credited as far as I could see (David Mitchell and the DJ guy, who evidently was really a DJ, were). Don't think it sounded like Rob Brydon's. I think Brooker and Serafinowicz move in the same circles though so that seems most likely.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Was I right in thinking that the people who did the animation were the same company that did sketches for Monkey Dust?

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

Flatscan posted:

Did she get shagged by someone wearing a fursuit?

No, but this bizarre goth who liked drinking her own blood glugged this little bottle of it dry then seemed to try and stare her out. While having some sort of sexual moments.

Yeah it was really strange and not at all arousing in the slightest.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Holy Doughnuts! posted:

No, but this bizarre goth who liked drinking her own blood glugged this little bottle of it dry then seemed to try and stare her out. While having some sort of sexual moments.

Yeah it was really strange and not at all arousing in the slightest.

And in regard to the furries, they presented them as bunch of people who like to dress in fursuits, go out, bounce around, hug people and generally act silly. Which would be fine if that was all furries were, but I can just see some innocent person thinking that looked neat, getting involved and things going squicky fast.

...The girl furry was pretty hot though.

The worst part was the TV psychologist who's basic reaction to everything was "you like sex? Get help!"

sunday brunch
Dec 31, 2008
dom joly had the right idea, drink a lot of wine and not take it seriously in any manner. also, according to his twitter, worst tv show he's ever been on.

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010
Just had to close ITVPlayer after 20 minutes of the first episode of Peaches Geldof's thing. It's just terrible. The first vampire was just someone who dressed like a goth, but with a more elitist attitude. The second vampire looked like a man dressed up as Kate Bush, and she was a weirdo. I don't understand why everyone was shocked when she drank 10ml of her own blood though, I never thought that was a big deal.

Is the furry one worth watching, or is it just a bunch of furries justifying their awful lifestyles for 45 minutes?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

Is the furry one worth watching, or is it just a bunch of furries justifying their awful lifestyles for 45 minutes?

There's only 10 mins or so of the furries in the second half, and if the vampires made you rage then this will probably give you an aneurysm. So I'd say no.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Hey it's Knightmare on 10 o'clock live! Oh no wait it's Peep Show. No it's actually Thick of It. Fucksticks haha.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Squalitude posted:

Hey it's Knightmare on 10 o'clock live! Oh no wait it's Peep Show. No it's actually Thick of It. Fucksticks haha.

You just reminded me how sad I am that Knightmare doesn't exist in the 21st century. You know with today's technology it would be amazing :smith:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Haha, i tuned off of that episode of The One Show because Cameron is a tit. Did the presenter really ask him that? Did Cameron give him a response?

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
He did!

He took it literally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do4yRf71oZM

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
The piece I read in the Guardian made out that he responded (and that Baker asked it) as if it were more along the lines of "how do you manage to sleep at night with all that pressure?" rather than "there's blood on your hands you monster".

I guess we'll have to go back and watch it to actually find out.

ef-sorta-b

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

DaWolfey posted:

He did!

He took it literally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do4yRf71oZM

Haha, wow, what an awesome question. Either Cameron is an idiot who didn't quite get what he was being asked or he's a very slimy bastard. I'd love to see the next 30 seconds after the cameras stopped rolling.

This blonde, opinionated, idiot is annoying. Her naivety and loudmouthed inability to shut up whilst simultaneously looking outlandishly shocked at what the others are saying makes me wish someone would unplug her mic.

The guy on the right had a point, intervention doesn't mean sending an army in to kill everyone, it means showing support for one side over another and it's something that dizzy woman clearly hadn't even considered.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Great episode of 10 o clock live. Also, that Network Rail advert? Genius. That's the kind of creativity you just don't get in advertising in other countries.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

The wooing from the audience seemed to be more annoying this week. Why can't they just clap :(

Also the anti war activist is hot.

Metrication fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 11, 2011

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Did anyone watch Munroe? Is it anything other than a House rip-off?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Kin posted:

Haha, wow, what an awesome question. Either Cameron is an idiot who didn't quite get what he was being asked or he's a very slimy bastard. I'd love to see the next 30 seconds after the cameras stopped rolling.

This blonde, opinionated, idiot is annoying. Her naivety and loudmouthed inability to shut up whilst simultaneously looking outlandishly shocked at what the others are saying makes me wish someone would unplug her mic.

The guy on the right had a point, intervention doesn't mean sending an army in to kill everyone, it means showing support for one side over another and it's something that dizzy woman clearly hadn't even considered.

Slimy bastard I think. I reckon you can see him being forcedly cheerful once the credits start; all pointing at that picture of a cat (:S) and leaning over to look at it...he was probably furious inside. Good riddance, the piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
True story - When I was a kid my family was on The Big Breakfast as the family of the week twice. During this period I apparently had a brawl with Peaches Geldoff. I wish I could remember it, I hope I punched her in the face.

Also Chris Evans covered my 6 year old self in a bag of flour. One day I will get vengeance.