Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Please excuse the crappy cell phone and even crappier night time picture, but insurance money has brought me a 2008 Daytona to replace my 2006!

The guy that I sold my yellow tank to really wanted a black one, so we're swapping plastics this weekend so I can have my yellow goodness back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

You're swapping tanks too, or just the plastic? Because black tank with yellow plastics sounds pretty rad (at least in my mind picture).

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Russian Bear posted:

You're swapping tanks too, or just the plastic? Because black tank with yellow plastics sounds pretty rad (at least in my mind picture).

Swapping everything haha. If Transformers featured Bumblebee as a Daytona, it'd be on like donkey kong. But he's already a stupid Camaro :(

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

I never got around to posting my 2006 KTM 625SMC officially so here she is. Got the bike in October. The previous owner had the complete white fairings found in Europe, stock orange fairings, and some black fairings. I did some mixing and matching, and the orange is reserved for Halloween. :)

Previous owner shortened the mufflers and did a rear fender chop.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Here's a lovely evening shot of the Falco I just took in San Pedro an hour or so ago. I actually like the shot, its lovely because my Canon point and shoot is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
Both of those are some really nice looking motorcycles. I really like the color scheme on that KTM. Makes me want to buy one and get an extra set of plastics. Sexy... :fap:

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Whole lot of amazing bikes posted recently.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
Over the winter I added some protective crap to my Transalp so hopefully I'll see more moose in time.

I love this bike.

evilnissan
Apr 18, 2007

I'm comin home.
I hear naked bike are cool.

Carbs taking a pine sol bath.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I picked up this CRF450R yesterday. Bike is a 2005 with ~7 hours on it. Bike has a few upgrades:
-Full Litz supermoto suspension
-Vaypor speedo/tach
-Behr wheels with talon hubs
-wave rotor with 636 master cylinder
-Acerbis plastics
-Safari tank

I plan to change the battery mount, remount all the lighting stuff and make a chain guide so it stops destroying an expensive wheel and tires. Bike is a lot of fun and should be perfect for playing at the gap and track days on tighter tracks like little talladega.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

Where are the glowing header pictures?

Nice bike.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
That is a cool bike, I wish I could plate stuff like that in NJ. And as someone with two melted boots I can say that giant heat shield will pay dividends.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Gnaghi posted:

That is a cool bike, I wish I could plate stuff like that in NJ. And as someone with two melted boots I can say that giant heat shield will pay dividends.

Husky :hfive:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Clank posted:

Where are the glowing header pictures?

Nice bike.

Pretty tough to see the glowing headers in the sun, next time I take it for a night ride I'll have a camera ready when I get home.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
The Virago is finally back to life, so we took a ride to... Lancaster of all places. Surface streets and Sierra Highway the whole way, the girl is just getting on the road herself for the first time. It took a pretty long time, but it was fun!

Its a bit obscured by stuff here.

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef
Here's me pulling away on my baby Yamaha YZF R125.

I have only been riding since July last year. Passed my UK restricted licence in December a couple of days after my 30th birthday. Put 4000 miles on it and used it for commuting on all but the snowiest days. No serious incidents so far, trying to iron out target fixation issues.

Plan to keep her for another year and possibly get a Street Triple next spring if i can save the money. It will have to be restricted to 33bhp until i have done two years on my restricted licence.

The r125 has been a great first bike. I am so glad I didn't get anything bigger as I have scared myself enough on this little thing.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
My new bike (for the girlfriend to use)

2000 sv650, with an assload of upgrades. It's fast and furious. I'm jealous. :)

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Oibignose posted:

No serious incidents so far, trying to iron out target fixation issues.

I knew all of the theory and took the BRC and everything, but for me, the concept of "you go where you look" didn't really click until I went into a corner a little hotter than I was comfortable with and caught myself staring at the grass and trees on the outside of the turn. Training kicked in and I just looked where I wanted to be, leaned as hard as I could (started dragging pegs), and made the corner. You're going to catch yourself fixating, but once you've had a moment where it really clicks for you that you really do go where you look you'll recognize what you're doing and correct it automatically.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Black bike magically turned yellow!

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

twins!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Yeah but the one on the left is the ugly one. :v:

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer
I like the squared off frame better, in black. I don't know what it is about SVs but they're just sexy without being insane or unique.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

bidikyoopi posted:

I like the squared off frame better, in black. I don't know what it is about SVs but they're just sexy without being insane or unique.

My bike (SV) was next to my cousins bike (YZF-R6 the touring looking one, dont know exactly what its called but its got a single seat for passenger and pilot) and everyone was commenting at how much more awesome his looked. :smith:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

SaNChEzZ posted:

Black bike magically turned yellow!

I love happy endings! :3:

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

schreibs posted:

My bike (SV) was next to my cousins bike (YZF-R6 the touring looking one, dont know exactly what its called but its got a single seat for passenger and pilot) and everyone was commenting at how much more awesome his looked. :smith:

Well the YZF is a crappier bike so you win where it's important :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

bidikyoopi posted:

I'm just hugely gay for the Gen 1 chassis and engine and that warps my opinion past the reasonable, the gen 2s are much better looking, especially from the back.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
My opinion of the better generation of SV vacillates from day to day. That's why I decided to get both.

But I know that the 2003 SV is the best year out of the 2nd generations, thanks to the unique higher subframe. The 04+'s look like they're crouching to take shits.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

evilnissan posted:

I hear naked bike are cool.

Oh totally! I decided I wanted a bobber so I left my bike parked out side with a seat that doesn't lock:

Mach 30
Dec 16, 2005
That's faster than most planes can go!!!
Here's my nearly-fully-restored 1978 Suzuki GS1000. Just needs the new seat cover that's on the way. Was rebuilt and bored out to 1100. Just picked it up from the paint shop yesterday. I'm so STOKED!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Man, that's nice. I dig big-bore UJMs.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Mach 30 posted:

Here's my nearly-fully-restored 1978 Suzuki GS1000. Just needs the new seat cover that's on the way. Was rebuilt and bored out to 1100. Just picked it up from the paint shop yesterday. I'm so STOKED!

VERY nice! I guess you're browsing for someone to re-cover that seat now...

Mach 30
Dec 16, 2005
That's faster than most planes can go!!!

Ola posted:

VERY nice! I guess you're browsing for someone to re-cover that seat now...

Actually, I found a guy in the UK that makes exact-fit seat covers for 70's bikes. It's on its way and is easy to replace your old one with.

evilnissan
Apr 18, 2007

I'm comin home.
Holy poo poo, sun shine out side.

This bike is a lot of fun and fairly nimble for ~600 pounds. My first inline 4 and man this thing pulls like a mother between 6000 and 9000 rpm.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

Bought a really clean 2007 Ducati Monster S2R 1000 last night for way cheaper than I expected.

Really glad I stuck with trying to find a dry clutch, and I really like how the Quat-D exhaust cleans up the back end.

Only thing I'm planning on doing is painting the rear swingarm to match the frame and maybe the rims.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
Beautiful bike. I want a monster pretty badly. I despise white wheels though, they look terrible. If I were you I'd get those painted glossy black.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I've always heard about dry clutch noise, but didn't hear it until a few days ago for the first time. It was a Ducati and it had this terrible rattling noise, especially with the clutch pulled in. Is that the dry clutch noise I'm guessing?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

hayden. posted:

I've always heard about dry clutch noise, but didn't hear it until a few days ago for the first time. It was a Ducati and it had this terrible rattling noise, especially with the clutch pulled in. Is that the dry clutch noise I'm guessing?
Yeah. If it was any other bike I'd stop it immediately and not ride it until i diagnosed and fixed that problem because it sounds like something important is about to fall off or fly off. I hate that noise.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
What's the point of a dry clutch on a bike? Pro's and Con's?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I think it's a racing thing, so teams can swap out clutches easier and without having to drop the oil. In terms of cons, I've heard they can have ridiculously heavy pulls at the bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It started in racing, where you may need to replace a clutch quickly. Now it's just a style thing.

Ducati's generally come with incredibly nice controls, so heavy pulls aren't a problem, at least on their superbikes these days.