Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

I'm loving MVP's range of the English language: "whop his rear end" "That's bullshit" and "gently caress you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Cheezymadman posted:

*Ballin Elbow Drop*

*crickets*

It's sad, really.

He's living his dream though. I heard he moved his family to Japan (or is planning to). Like a lot of former WWE guys who move to Japan, watch his style completely change by the next tour.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Not wrestling-related, but check out that chin on #69

also, the sweater guy owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEeH6KqfSko&t=47s

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cheezymadman posted:

*Ballin Elbow Drop*

*crickets*

It's sad, really.

Despite being silent and respectful, Japanese crowds are far better than American crowds. Plus it'll take some tours before he gets over and people know who he is and what his spots are.

e: WOW that's a small crowd. Must be one of those gym shows on like a Tuesday during a tour.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Dancing Peasant posted:

Not wrestling-related, but check out that chin on #69

also, the sweater guy owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEeH6KqfSko&t=47s

Wow. He got knocked the gently caress out. Brutal.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

weekly font posted:

Despite being silent and respectful, Japanese crowds are far better than American crowds. Plus it'll take some tours before he gets over and people know who he is and what his spots are.

e: WOW that's a small crowd. Must be one of those gym shows on like a Tuesday during a tour.

That's the average-sized crowd these days. Sad state of affairs for Japanese wrestling.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So you know that Osirian Portal hypnotism video that's been getting millions of hits and has been getting the word out on CZW and indy wrestling in general? Here's what it says when you go to the original posting of it:

YouTube posted:

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:

* CZW LLC
* CZW LLC
* CZW LLC

Sorry about that.

...really?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they felt their hardcore rep was in danger.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Gavok posted:

So you know that Osirian Portal hypnotism video that's been getting millions of hits and has been getting the word out on CZW and indy wrestling in general? Here's what it says when you go to the original posting of it:

...really?

that video was a little too illegal!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I imagine they also feel stupid because they drove the Osirian Portal to quitting weeks before that video came out.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

HulkaMatt posted:

I imagine they also feel stupid because they drove the Osirian Portal to quitting weeks before that video came out.
That's the thing, DJ Hyde is so legitimately stupid that he doesn't realize it, so he actually doesn't feel stupid.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

There was a DJ Hyde quote about it that was along the lines of "I can't endorse anything that makes CZW appear like a joke."

DJ Hyde does not endorse his own booking then.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

"I can't endorse anything that makes CZW appear like a joke."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7_5MMboo4

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Who's DJ Hyde? I thought Zandig booked CZW

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Zandig started CZW, but sold it to DJ in late 2009. DJ got his grandmother to co-sign on a loan and bought the company from Zandig, apparently for $10,000 less than Zandig wanted.

EDIT: and also to clarify, DJ is a lovely wrestler who used to sit front row at the early CZW shows. So he's a mark who bought a company that was running in the red. Not quite as bad as IWA-MS levels, but I'd be surprised if they've broke even in the past four years.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 11, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

DJ Hyde brought it in 2009.

e: Cromulent :orks:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Nope, DJ Hyde is running CZW now, for all intents and purposes. He's a big fat douche who can't wrestle and really thinks that CZW can be taken seriously. Which is insane, because half the time their fans ignore the worthless backyarders in the ring and just try to get themselves over with chants and air horns. That they legitimately responded to the Osirian Portal is huge.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Jesus Christ, I didn't think it was possible for CZW to get worse.

Speaking of lovely indies, is IWA:MS still around?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Jesus Christ, I didn't think it was possible for CZW to get worse.

Speaking of lovely indies, is IWA:MS still around?

Ian's shoot jobs got in the way so no.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Skinty McEdger posted:

Actually they're coming back in April, at Jammerz Rollerdome. No, I'm not kidding. Necro vs Sabu is booked, but of course that won't happen.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Skinty McEdger posted:

Someone was willing to hire Ian Rotten?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Someone was willing to hire Ian Rotten?

Think outside the bun.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Jesus, I guess know I know what the storyline in Botched Spot was based on now.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ioU1Ws0nJ4

Episode 4 of True Long Island Story in which Zack Ryder:

*Interviews a cardboard cutout of Justin Beiber
*Claims that he 'does all the jobs' by listing a ton of different 'jobs' he does ("I know why the unemployment rate is so high - cause I'm doin all the jobs!)
*Says 'shooting' isn't really his thing and then proceeds to agree to shoot by dressing up as Han Solbro
*Makes fun of CM Punks wrist tape
*Says he doesn't have much in common with Charlie Sheen because Sheen is always winning.
*Does a fist pump dance to help Chris Jericho on Dancing With The Stars

Apologies if the new episode was already posted. This show is amazing.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Mr. Carlisle posted:

*Claims that he 'does all the jobs' by listing a ton of different 'jobs' he does ("I know why the unemployment rate is so high - cause I'm doin all the jobs!)
*Says 'shooting' isn't really his thing and then proceeds to agree to shoot by dressing up as Han Solbro
*Says he doesn't have much in common with Charlie Sheen because Sheen is always winning.

Yay! Scott Stanford! :neckbeard:

Zack better get on RAW next week, I mean, for gently caress's sake, it'd be such a travesty for them to bring in Snooki and not have her interact with the one person on the entire goddamn roster with the gimmick to match.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

PUSH THIS MAN!!!!!

edit- Seriously, I'm going to but his t-shirt. I think it's ugly as poo poo and I'll never wear it, but I'll feel like I did my part.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 12, 2011

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Spectacular, and again, he really should get a push.

Can anyone make out the figures behind him, has he had that many made of him already? I'm guessing that three-pack at the top is Edge, Ryder and Hawkins, and possibly a second, opened set with it.

Generic CAW
Aug 11, 2007

BLANDTASTIC!
Jomo at THQ:
http://vids.wwe.com/index.php/video/WWE-All-Stars-John-Morrison-tours-the-THQ-office/821459402001/

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
I will never not love Regal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpjHeGOM6dY

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Cracky posted:

I will never not love Regal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpjHeGOM6dY

The suggested links are all gold also. Shame Blackpool is a dump.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MisterGBH posted:

The suggested links are all gold also. Shame Blackpool is a dump.

The segment where he transforms Bobby Eaton into an English gentleman is a personal favourite.

"It used to be the Duke of York that had 10,000 men. Now it's the Duchess!"

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJJ3yBsvAw
Roddy Piper vs Childhood Obesity. A few months old but it was new to me!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Perry Normal posted:

PUSH THIS MAN!!!!!

edit- Seriously, I'm going to but his t-shirt. I think it's ugly as poo poo and I'll never wear it, but I'll feel like I did my part.

Just make sure you tweet him a picture of you wearing it so you can get an autographed picture!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

See, why can't he be this John Morrison on the mic. The dance in front of the programmer chick was especially hilarious.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Suben posted:

Just make sure you tweet him a picture of you wearing it so you can get an autographed picture!

Well, now that they're apparently going to sell headbands, I may just get one of those. I wonder if he'll make the same offer to people who'll buy the headband?

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=157762297615657&comments

Expect to see this kid on NXT soon.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

"See there, you assigned x as a character, when you're using it as a double. Don't let it happen again."

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

George Kaplan posted:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=157762297615657&comments

Expect to see this kid on NXT soon.

Too bad the big kid got suspended.

Generic CAW
Aug 11, 2007

BLANDTASTIC!

Lone Rogue posted:

Too bad the big kid got suspended.