Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

That's the prequel to Death Troopers, right? If so, no big surprise there, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Luke asked Vader to "Let go of your hate."

Who did Vader hate, exactly? The Jedi, for not letting him be on the council? Seems an awful long time to hold a grudge. Obi-Wan, for "turning" Padme against him?

Something's missing there...

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Mister Roboto posted:

Who did Vader hate, exactly? The Jedi, for not letting him be on the council? Seems an awful long time to hold a grudge. Obi-Wan, for "turning" Padme against him?

Edit: How the hell do I remove an attached image?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slantedfloors fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 10, 2011

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Roboto posted:

Something's missing there...

"Its ok, we'll add that in post".

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Mahoshonen posted:

I'm close to finishing my Let's Read of Red Harvest on TBB thread. To anyone thinking of picking up the book, I'll just say this: don't.

In fact, based on everything that's been posted on that thread, I would argue that it is the nadir of the Star Wars EU. The ideas presented in it might not be on the same level of Bug Orgies or robot Leia, but the basic quality of writing, the quality of editing, and layout of the story are so atrocious that it reads like terrible fanfic.

At least we had the hilarious art with the Jedi Prince series. It doesn't have hilarious art.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Slantedfloors posted:

Only mods can do that, so PM one and ask nicely.

Donkey Kunt
Mar 19, 2006

I'm a cat.

Slantedfloors posted:

I had to consult wookiepedia about that:

wookiepedia posted:

Soon thereafter, Vader was met by the seemingly unsurprised Darth Sidious, who executed the treacherous cultists. When Vader asked how it was possible for Darth Maul to have been brought back, the Emperor merely replied that it was possible for that which was destroyed to be brought back again. The Emperor told Vader that the cultists were heretics, and they should resume their search of the stolen Death Star plans.

Where is Padme? Is she safe?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Oh hey just watching some youtubes and saw this:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Slantedfloors posted:

So, umm, just how "canon" is this story anyway? Is it like on the same level as the main continuity books? Because if so :psyduck:

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

Ringo Star Get posted:

So with all the billion and one Sith lords running around in the EU, it's not enough for Vader to be just a Dark Lord of the Sith like he used to be, they had to make him the darkEST. :sigh:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
The guy cut off his kids hand man, thats pretty dark. Plus his armor is black, can't get any darker!

At this point, only what happened in the Thrawn Trilogy, Rogue Squadron Series and TIE Fighter counts to me as canon.

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Mahoshonen posted:

So, umm, just how "canon" is this story anyway? Is it like on the same level as the main continuity books? Because if so :psyduck:

Unfortunately, unlike the cybernetic Maul fighting Obi-Wan on Tatooine story, that one is canon.

forsakenfuture
Apr 13, 2010

I can not be the only one that watched Conan last night when Seth Rogan was on. Many of you here may not like either of those two but Seth spoke of his encounter with Lucas. I guess George truly believes the world will end during 2012.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Ringo Star Get posted:

And just when I thought we were going to run out of lovely Star Wars books for the thread this baby comes along.

Why are they letting a dude who just over see the development of over the top and crappy Star Wars games write now anyways?

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Ringo Star Get posted:

The guy cut off his kids hand man, thats pretty dark. Plus his armor is black, can't get any darker!

At this point, only what happened in the Thrawn Trilogy, Rogue Squadron Series and TIE Fighter counts to me as canon.

ssshhhhhhh he's really an ooooold white guy underneath that mask.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

At least we had the hilarious art with the Jedi Prince series. It doesn't have hilarious art.
Or acronyms :colbert:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Or acronyms :colbert:

I pretty much call anything with a group of evil dudes discussing things a Mofference now.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

forsakenfuture posted:

I can not be the only one that watched Conan last night when Seth Rogan was on. Many of you here may not like either of those two but Seth spoke of his encounter with Lucas. I guess George truly believes the world will end during 2012.
I find that kind of hard to believe, because he's still involved with everything Star Wars and the first 3D-ish-ised Star Wars flick is supposed to come out next year. Why would he even bother if he was so certain everything's going to pot 2012?

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Sombrerotron posted:

I find that kind of hard to believe, because he's still involved with everything Star Wars and the first 3D-ish-ised Star Wars flick is supposed to come out next year. Why would he even bother if he was so certain everything's going to pot 2012?

That's been Seth trying to be funny during his lovely Green Hornet junket. Obviously he needs new material, it wasn't funny 3 months ago either.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

TheBigBad posted:

That's been Seth trying to be funny during his lovely Green Hornet junket. Obviously he needs new material, it wasn't funny 3 months ago either.

Green Hornet was worse than the prequels.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When is that drat live-action TV show coming out? It's been in development for like 6 years.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When is that drat live-action TV show coming out? It's been in development for like 6 years.

I'm convinced it'll never happen at this point.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jorge was whining about how each episode would cost +$1 million, while he's worth close to a billion.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm convinced it'll never happen at this point.

God willing.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

Jorge was whining about how each episode would cost +$1 million, while he's worth close to a billion.

If you're good at something, never do it for free.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TheBigBad posted:

How about when you are ridiculously incompetent at something?

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Let us know when you change pop culture, set the standard for computer graphic imagery in movies, and make toys that inspire at least 3 generations during your lifetime and we'll talk about incompetence.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you're ridiculously incompetent at something but still make tons of money doing it, never do it for free.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

For those who haven't been following the TBB thread, I'm about to start reviewing the comic Jedi vs Sith. And boy is it bizzare. As I mention in that thread, it looks and reads more like a Star Wars/Lord of the Rings crossfic than something that's part of the Star Wars canon (yes, parts of this comic are still canon :psyduck: ). On the other hand, the comic is really good once you accept it on its own terns, and the comic is a not-so subtle trolling of everything that was wrong with the Bantan era EU, especially the crap about Jaina and Jacen.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's good at what he does. Whatever that may be. (:10bux:)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

While looking through Wookieepedia, and I found this gem:

Wookieepedia posted:

nitially there was some debate as to whether or not Darovit was Force-sensitive, and whether Jedi vs. Sith intended to hint at this or whether it is just the result of over-analytical fans. This debate, however, was ended when Rule of Two specifically identified him as Force-sensitive, albeit only slightly.

Over-analytical fans? In my Wookieepedia? :irony:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TheBigBad posted:

Invest a tiny little bit of his net worth on something that will redoubtably make him even more money no matter how lovely it is? What a loving dilemma.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Mahoshonen posted:

While looking through Wookieepedia, and I found this gem:

Over-analytical fans? In my Wookieepedia? :irony:

Back when I still posted on TFN, I remember for a month or two there was a huge argument going on whether Darovit was Force-sensitive or not. Personally I think it makes the story better if he wasn't, but whatever. Yet another thing I don't like about the Bane books.

I actually really like Jedi vs. Sith. The visual aspect is strange compared to the rest of the EU but it makes sense given that it's at the end of a 1000 year long war that has literally destroyed galactic economy and civilization. And the story and characterization are excellent.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Chairman Capone posted:

Back when I still posted on TFN, I remember for a month or two there was a huge argument going on whether Darovit was Force-sensitive or not. Personally I think it makes the story better if he wasn't, but whatever. Yet another thing I don't like about the Bane books.

From what I understand, it's a concession to previously established mechanics. The book explained that Zannah had somehow lent her Force powers to Darovit through a Force Bond-but in order to have a Force Bond, both parties have to be Force-sensitive to begin with. Darovit was still really weak when Zannah wasn't buffing him, which is how he survives the Thought Bomb. But your right, Jedi vs. Sith works better if he wasn't Force-sensitive at all.

If others of you are reading this and the above doesn't make sense to you...just head over to TBB thread. I'll have the comics reviewed soon enough.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I always thought Jedi vs. Sith was alright since it references Dark Forces II.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I always thought Jedi vs. Sith was alright since it references Dark Forces II.

No.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So I was trolling some PT apologist on another forum, who has a hissy fit after somebody brings up the Red Letter Media review, and posts this rebuttle that some other guy made. Jesus Christ, it's a 108 page pdf document of crying that reads like it was written by socially retarded 14 year old jacked up on Mountain Dew.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

* Star Wars = A western in space for the self hating.
* Goons can't love a western unless its self hating, marxist, something something.
* Justify its not a western if it has lasers and swords and space samurai!
* Equals mad goon love for Star Wars because they can't admit to liking westerns.

:goonsay:

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Casimir Radon posted:

So I was trolling some PT apologist on another forum, who has a hissy fit after somebody brings up the Red Letter Media review, and posts this rebuttle that some other guy made. Jesus Christ, it's a 108 page pdf document of crying that reads like it was written by socially retarded 14 year old jacked up on Mountain Dew.

Downloading now, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

BCR posted:

* Star Wars = A western in space for the self hating.
* Goons can't love a western unless its self hating, marxist, something something.
* Justify its not a western if it has lasers and swords and space samurai!
* Equals mad goon love for Star Wars because they can't admit to liking westerns.

:goonsay:

Goons hate Westerns? I loving love that stuff. The gritty realistic bits and the history anyways.