Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The best part of today's comic is Tom's comment on the bottom.

"Zing?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm rereading GC and I want to link the pages that I really like, but there's just so many of them. I'd end up linking half the archives.

edit: all of the ones where Kat and Annie are being good friends just make the current comics sadder :(

TheHeadSage, that's a great avatar! I'm glad someone picked that up.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
This thread made me check the comic out and I got to say, thank you. It's great.

The current comics aren't just sad for the sake of being sad. It's sad because we're observing two characters maturing in two different directions. It's real, tangible, emotional character development! In a webcomic!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Oh no a sad comic. The saddest comic :(

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Ka0 posted:

"I'm crushing your head LOL"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Ouch :(

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Idran posted:

I guess that's true, I suppose in hindsight I was assuming the alternate world thing. That plot just felt more like the story was giving the impression of "going into town to get your hair cut" than "heading to the campus barber" to me.

The school is really only a portion of the Court, and very probably not even its primary function. It's the bit the main characters, being schoolchildren, spend the vast bulk of their time in, but Court has its own train system and heirarchy of adult leadership we almost never see and huge automated facilities doing mysterious poo poo that stretch forever, it's much bigger than just a funky Hogwarts campus and includes amenities like barbershops and offices.

We've also, significantly I think, never seen how people enter and leave the Court from the actual real-world locations they sometimes mention, which are distinct from random Court poo poo like the barbershop and seem a lot like... the real world.

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 11, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
On an unrelated note, I spent a while editing (and I mean a while, MSPaint is not the ideal editing program) a page to try to make an avatar. Is this text even readable? A bigger version is here.

I'll have to put my head in there to see past your ultra fine and also triple sharp teeth!

I considered trying to get the next page in, but I didn't on account of it's difficult, that page has a ton of text, and I have an exam in thirty minutes.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I can understand why Kat would say that but :drat:. Poor Annie's soul must be devastated.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Revolver Bunker posted:

I can understand why Kat would say that but :drat:. Poor Annie's soul must be devastated.

I think Annie has it in her to make amends, as she sort of recognizes what Kat has said.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=621

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
God that story. Amazing how the grownups couldn´t tell it was magic fire (it doesn't release smoke).

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Ka0 posted:

God that story. Amazing how the grownups couldn´t tell it was magic fire (it doesn't release smoke).

Depending on the temperature of the burn and the composition of the fuel, a fire can have nearly total combustion which is very clean and has no smoke, just H20 and CO2.

In other words, candles and gas stoves don't smoke, and they're not magic.

But yeah, a forest fire usually releases a fair amount of smoke.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

To be fair, a wood nymph would probably be less 'Pfft, total combustion?' and more 'OH GOD MY BABIES'.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grashnak posted:

Yeah the Court is a pretty large city from what we've seen. http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=450 shows just how big it is.
I seem to remember a character mentioning how there are a lot fewer people then they would have expected based on its size as well.
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=662
Here's another really good view of the city at large.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CannonFodder posted:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=662
Here's another really good view of the city at large.

For posting that page, a page right by that page needs to be posted for amazingness.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

"Splish?"
I'm kinda worried for Monday now.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

M.c.P posted:

"Splish?"
I'm kinda worried for Monday now.

My interpretation is that's Annie throwing the boots in the water but who knows.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Maybe it's fish.

Wood Warder
Mar 5, 2011

Warding off both trees and boners since 1984
Somebody tossed boxbot into the water.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

kidcoelacanth posted:

My interpretation is that's Annie throwing the boots in the water but who knows.

It's presumably whatever Renard saw swimming, and I'd assume something dangerous, which they'll have to save Kat from.

Unless that's what Tom wants us to think, then it'll be something harmless and cute. Unless Tom is counting on us thinking that that's what he want's us to think, in which case he'll say that we fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Annie is underwater. Kat just came out of an elevator.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Wood Warder posted:

Somebody tossed boxbot into the water.

Please, boxbot can do that all by himself.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
On the latest comic, are those two eyes in the bottom left panel in the water?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Revolver Bunker posted:

On the latest comic, are those two eyes in the bottom left panel in the water?

I'm pretty sure those are just reflections of some sort of lamps. Also, they're on the opposite side of the catwalk as the splish. Also, that man is Eglamore.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Looks like Boxbot is starting to influence the other robots! Good thing the thread title was updated.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Boo, this isn't where I wanted this to go! It'll be Friday before anything happens, which means Cliffhanger Weekend!

Everyone around Kat is acting weird this year! Clearly it's the tan.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Kids, cheating on homework DESTROYS EVERYTHING.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

brainwrinkle posted:

Looks like Boxbot is starting to influence the other robots! Good thing the thread title was updated.
Dammit I came in here to make a joke about the Boxbot virus :(

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
It can't be Boxbot, for no matter how terrible he is, he always means to do good.

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008
Wonder how long the Renard plushies will be around before being sold out.

Aeldaar
Apr 14, 2008

Check.
gunnerkrigg.com won't load, can someone post the comic?

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Aeldaar posted:

gunnerkrigg.com won't load, can someone post the comic?

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/gunnerkrigg.com

It's not just you! http://gunnerkrigg.com looks down from here.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
It's not just Gunnerkrigg, I've noticed a few other sites I go to regularly (including my own) are down. I think it's some kind of server fault or some bullshit I'm in no way qualified to even think about talking about.

It'll get back up eventually, probably.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
It's. Back up. Must. Read new. Page.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Why is Robot acting like a terribly rude fellow? This sounds like a case for Kat Donlan: Robot Detective!

(she is a detective who detects things about a robot, not a robot who is also a detective)

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Vanilla Bison posted:

Why is Robot acting like a terribly rude fellow? This sounds like a case for Kat Donlan: Robot Detective!

(she is a detective who detects things about a robot, not a robot who is also a detective)

I thought she was a detective that is a Kat :confused:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vanilla Bison posted:

Bet you a nickel Kat's read every single Susan Calvin story

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Phy posted:

Bet you a nickel Kat's read every single Susan Calvin story

I bet Kat thinks Susan Calvin is made of nickel.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Annie's dying out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Well that backfired spectacularly Annie.