Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Parahexavoctal posted:

Hmmm.

"Female"?

Wouldn't he have found out about that by now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

wdarkk posted:

Wouldn't he have found out about that by now?

Anyone else I'd say yes, but this is Elan.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Sane. Emotionally stable. As smart as everyone thinks I am.

Any number of things you'd say in an emotionally frustrating moment. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Nilbop posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That's been my philosophy on V's gender, frankly. If it never matters to the story, and it's never revealed, it doesn't exist. Saves me a lot of sperging over minute details that may well be goofs by the creator.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Entertainer13
Apr 25, 2009
Elan's performance oratory could use some work, that's for sure.

Definitely enjoying this arc, though. Wonder Ian's interpretation of Elan's rambling. If he can hear it. He shouldn't be put on the battlefield, if his "unentertaining" plain still works.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
New strip, yo

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I kinda want one of those two guys to join the Order. They're so much fun!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I agree but if I know my narrative conventions, Enor's fate is sealed. :ohdear:

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I agree but if I know my narrative conventions, Enor's fate is sealed. :ohdear:

:ohdear: But what if someone gave him the Halfing Courage Rock in addition to Lizardfolk Victory String? Would he do better then? I hope so! :ohdear:

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

These two characters are better then the Linear Guild.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
There's nothing wrong with the Linear Guild.

But those two are awesome.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Belkar's wearing sandals, he's gonna die.

Sick_Boy
Jun 3, 2007

The reason Milton wrote in fetters when he wrote of Angels and God, and at liberty when of Devils and Hell, is because he was a true poet and of the Devil's party without knowing it.
New Comic:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0778.html

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Your eye shifts to the last panel thinking he's terrified by the violence, but no, he's looking at his own hands in horror. I got a good chuckle out of that, it always impresses me when stick figures manage to pull off effectively visual gags.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Didn't do much for me until that last panel, but the last panel made me laugh out loud.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I liked the tea bagging joke, but then I'm a simple fellow like that.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

Cliff Racer posted:

I liked the tea bagging joke, but then I'm a simple fellow like that.

Hell, we ALL are. :)

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
My parents just got back from a trip to Rome. My dad said thumbs up means kill while a closes fist means live.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!
Yes, they have posters for that sort of thing in Rome.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
New Strip

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Now that's a callback.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Five hundred seventy-two strips ago. How many years is that?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Five hundred seventy-two strips ago. How many years is that?

Sixish, although the recent strips still say copyright 2010.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

"... call the expert at kissing and stuff..."
No, ignore me, I am dim

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Welp, never thought I'd see that sort of thing in this comic.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah, that was oddly graphic...

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
Remember, kiddies: if, like the overwhelming majority of characters, you are level one, a common housecat can and will end your life.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Ze Pollack posted:

Remember, kiddies: if, like the overwhelming majority of characters, you are level one, a common housecat can and will end your life.

That's no common housecat.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Neraren posted:

That's no common housecat.

Joke is in older versions of D&D a common housecat literally could kill a level one fighter with a couple of hits, or a wizard in one hit.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

sfwarlock posted:

Yeah, that was oddly graphic...

Probably just watched the finale of Spartacus Season 2. Now that was graphic, in a very :black101: way!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

crime fighting hog posted:

Joke is in older versions of D&D a common housecat literally could kill a level one fighter with a couple of hits, or a wizard in one hit.

"A housecat can kill a level 1 commoner" was a 3rd edition meme, too. I remember some grognard actually calculated that there was something like an 80% chance of the cat killing a commoner in the first full attack. I'm glad Wizards decided to move away from that now; there was nothing to stop the cats from ruling over the population though sheer terror.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Nuns with Guns posted:

grognard

God, I hate this word. Making up your own little special word for stuff like this puts you within mere centimeters of the people you ascribe it to.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Cabbit posted:

God, I hate this word. Making up your own little special word for stuff like this puts you within mere centimeters of the people you ascribe it to.

This term has been around for about 30 years.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
And it wasn't made up either, that makes it sound like someone was looking for a name to call the group, pulled it out of nowhere, and stuck it on them. It came about naturally.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Idran posted:

And it wasn't made up either, that makes it sound like someone was looking for a name to call the group, pulled it out of nowhere, and stuck it on them. It came about naturally.

Yeah, it comes from an old French word.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Cabbit posted:

I didn't think grognard was that bad of a word but I did misuse it, in retrospect. I've been trying to eliminate "sperg" from my vocab and "grognard" was the next thing I associated with fussy gamer.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Cabbit posted:

Don't be dense Cabbit, that literally is what people who think a housecat should be able to kill a level 1 pc call themselves.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Old D&D just simulated allergies without saying so. I have several friends who could very easily be killed by a housecat.

Pope Guilty posted:

Yeah, it comes from an old French word.
Napoleon's veteran guard was called "les Grognards", or grumblers, because that was what they did best (aside from crushing enemies in battle). :hist101: This term was later applied to wargamers/RPG players who couldn't just shut up and enjoy the games instead of arguing about the smallest details. So stop being such a spergin' grog, Cabbit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

New complaint: speak english! :argh: