Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The Space Limo is really awesome and looks great over my bed. Those are some really nice pictures too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Holy crap the space limo comes with a glow-in-the-dark space pimp and a space hooker?

Why did I not know that earlier?!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Holy crap the space limo comes with a glow-in-the-dark space pimp and a space hooker?

Nah the lady there is the Baywatch-esque Lifeguard from one of the collectible minifig series. I guess you could pretend that fish-headed monster that comes with the limo is an alien hooker if you want.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Yeah, that's from the mystery minifig series. The handcuffs came from a minifig cop.

Unfortunately I didn't have a minifig cheerleader or I'd have used her. But yes, the space pimp has a glow in the dark head.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Now here's a kid who's whole world got all twisted,
leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky...
I wound up just getting the space pimp off of Bricklink, but I immediately put him with the tanned mustached head from Indiana Jones Ambush in Cairo, a black cape, one of those brown lightsabre sticks as a pimp cane, and a shiney old knife from those old aquanaut sets.

It's Edward James Olmos from 'Zootsuit' in lego form and it owns so hard.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Joudas posted:

I wound up just getting the space pimp off of Bricklink, but I immediately put him with the tanned mustached head from Indiana Jones Ambush in Cairo, a black cape, one of those brown lightsabre sticks as a pimp cane, and a shiney old knife from those old aquanaut sets.

It's Edward James Olmos from 'Zootsuit' in lego form and it owns so hard.

I immediately did that as well, only with the gold toothed City criminal head and no cape.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I neeeed a Brick Daddy keychain. Like, hard.

Would replace my Spyrius robot keychain, that's for sure.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Flavor Bear posted:

I immediately did that as well, only with the gold toothed City criminal head and no cape.

Same here. And then the glow-in-the-dark head went on my pirate captain. Glow in the dark Davy Jones!

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Testro posted:

I know they've been out a while, but do many of you have any of the Lego games? I received Pirate Plank for Christmas (I love my pirates!), but I keep eyeing up Shave a Sheep (Wild Wool). Has anyone played it? Is it worth it?

I keep being tempted by Banana Balance as well, mostly because I can get a heap of bananas for a cheap price, but the gameplay doesn't seem all that great. Has anyone else got it?

Creationary is fun with drunk friends. As is any game.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Same here. And then the glow-in-the-dark head went on my pirate captain. Glow in the dark Davy Jones!

Darth Vader's helmet and cape, Brick Daddy's purple suit. And then I made a space hooker with Jar-Jar's head, this girl's torso (the base color is the same as Jar-Jar), and hands and pants to match the naked Gungan color. My friends think there's something seriously wrong with me now.

ChocolateMoose
Feb 10, 2011

Testro posted:

I know they've been out a while, but do many of you have any of the Lego games? I received Pirate Plank for Christmas (I love my pirates!), but I keep eyeing up Shave a Sheep (Wild Wool). Has anyone played it? Is it worth it?

I keep being tempted by Banana Balance as well, mostly because I can get a heap of bananas for a cheap price, but the gameplay doesn't seem all that great. Has anyone else got it?

Creationary is great fun, but der difficulty inbetween cards is messed up sometimes. It also helps, if you boost the game with some extra bricks.

I played Minoaurus with the little brother of a friend of mine and it's your simple roll-your-dice,move-your-mice game, but you can block other people's paths or send the monster out to eat them. Maybe I'm just a huge kid, but I enjoyed that way too much.

Also consider buying the Atlantis game - heard lots of good things about it and I just really dig the design of the subs.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

Minotaurus is simple, but terrificly fun and has a nice pace with the basic rules. My favorite part is that the rule book explicitly encourages you to add your own rules, and even provides extra parts for a suggested wall-hopping rule.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

downfall posted:

Any chance of this embiggened to wallpaper size? Or more like it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The old title was good but this one is even better.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ChocolateMoose posted:

Creationary is great fun, but der difficulty inbetween cards is messed up sometimes. It also helps, if you boost the game with some extra bricks.

I played Minoaurus with the little brother of a friend of mine and it's your simple roll-your-dice,move-your-mice game, but you can block other people's paths or send the monster out to eat them. Maybe I'm just a huge kid, but I enjoyed that way too much.

Also consider buying the Atlantis game - heard lots of good things about it and I just really dig the design of the subs.

My son got the Harry Potter LEGO board game as well as Ramses Pyramid (he's just 5 but caught on pretty quick and is better at it than I am!) for Christmas and I've got to say that they are pretty cool games for adults too. The cool thing about them is they are very customizable if you have a little imagination and you can end up with some really sweet game styles.

I had a group of co-workers and their spouses over recently and we spent the night drinking and playing the Harry Potter board game instead of screwing around with the Kinect. Surprisingly good fun!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I got the Lunar Limo yesterday at Borders, with the 33% off coupon and the bonus 10% off for Plus members it was $27. Pretty decent deal.

downfall
Jun 23, 2005

MaliciousOnion posted:

Any chance of this embiggened to wallpaper size? Or more like it?

I'm planning on doing some more in the future, but I can put up a wallpaper size of this one if you let me know what size you need.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Got some things at Target tonight: little bagged sets among the Easter toys, got some ninja and a dragon or whatever and a sweet little AT-ST. Also found one of the board games on sale for $7, the one with the monster heads. 4x pumpkins, wolfmans, goblins, skulls and devils. Got it mostly for the heads but the game itself is pretty fun.

Also, if it hasn't been posted, this Lego Batman movie is most excellent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imR8agNDukw
It's part of a series, very high quality.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Good god, battits.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

He does Lego Star Wars shorts too, but so far nothing I've seen is as good as what I posted.

Lost it at Batman smoking a giant blunt.

e:

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 11, 2011

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Saint Sputnik posted:

Also, if it hasn't been posted, this Lego Batman movie is most excellent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imR8agNDukw
It's part of a series, very high quality.

This is pretty drat good, I know what I'm gonna be watching at work today.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Well, it looks like photos of my functioning LEGO Technic telegraph key (for ham radio operation) have been published in QST Magazine (the ARRL's monthly publication) without my permission or proper attribution.

This particularly sucks as I was planning on writing an article about the project to submit to that very publication, now I'm put in the awkward spot of having to prove that my property is my property.

Fuckheads.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

AstroZamboni posted:

Fuckheads.

That's pretty lovely, and why I put my email on all my pictures. I hope you can at least get credit for your idea.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

AstroZamboni posted:

Well, it looks like photos of my functioning LEGO Technic telegraph key (for ham radio operation) have been published in QST Magazine (the ARRL's monthly publication) without my permission or proper attribution.

This particularly sucks as I was planning on writing an article about the project to submit to that very publication, now I'm put in the awkward spot of having to prove that my property is my property.

Fuckheads.

http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2006/04/10/what-do-you-do-when-someone-steals-your-content/
http://asmp.org/tutorials/enforcing-your-rights.html
http://www.photoattorney.com/?p=515

Go there first. Don't be stressed, they now owe you a ton of money. If you have the original photograph or digital file, it's easy to prove that it's your image. You're looking at anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. The best thing to do is approach them in a friendly way; something like "hey, that image is mine and I did not authorize it's use."

There have been quite a few cases like this recently, and people are normally able to get a settlement out of it that's more than what the photo would have sold for in the first place.

http://thomashawk.com/2010/10/steal-my-photos-please.html

Figure out what you want, first, then talk to the offending publication about how they broke the law.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Pagan posted:

http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2006/04/10/what-do-you-do-when-someone-steals-your-content/
http://asmp.org/tutorials/enforcing-your-rights.html
http://www.photoattorney.com/?p=515

Go there first. Don't be stressed, they now owe you a ton of money. If you have the original photograph or digital file, it's easy to prove that it's your image. You're looking at anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. The best thing to do is approach them in a friendly way; something like "hey, that image is mine and I did not authorize it's use."

There have been quite a few cases like this recently, and people are normally able to get a settlement out of it that's more than what the photo would have sold for in the first place.

http://thomashawk.com/2010/10/steal-my-photos-please.html

Figure out what you want, first, then talk to the offending publication about how they broke the law.

I don't have the original files; those were wiped out when the computer they were stored on went tits up. I DO, however, still have the morse key itself. It's one of a kind, and can't be completely reproduced JUST from the photos.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

AstroZamboni posted:

I don't have the original files; those were wiped out when the computer they were stored on went tits up. I DO, however, still have the morse key itself. It's one of a kind, and can't be completely reproduced JUST from the photos.

That's fine. Do you have any idea where the file was posted, where they got it from?

Again, just contact them and say "hey, this is my photograph. I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you've illegally used an image that belongs to me. I would hate to go through all the expense and trouble of a lawsuit, so let's talk about it."

Do you want money? A credit? Think about that first.

Go to the random questions in the dorkroom, this probably counts as derailing the playmobil thread.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The LOGO Thread For Fans Of LOGO: How To Make The Turtle Dance

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Well, after finally seeing the article in question, it isn't my telegraph key after all (mine is better). I received bad information. Whew!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
On only a vaguely related note, a friend sent me a photo he took at a McDonalds in Hong Kong and way in the back you can see my Lego Matrix video playing on their TV. That was cool.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Travis343 posted:

The LOGO Thread For Fans Of LOGO: How To Make The Turtle Dance

We never did get to building a LEGO LOGO in that computer class in 4th grade :(.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Avast! My old Lego got pulled out last weekend, and here's what's been done so far.

http://imgur.com/a/iovJj

They're HUGE!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

downfall posted:

I'm planning on doing some more in the future, but I can put up a wallpaper size of this one if you let me know what size you need.

My current resolution is 1280x1024 but if you want to just throw up a big one in widescreen, I can sort the rest out myself.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Any idea if they'll go back to the cowboy theme in future? I remember writing Lego a letter when I was 8 or so suggesting the theme, even pointing out how they already had horses and cowboy style hats, but once they finally made them I was kind of not into Lego at the time.

downfall
Jun 23, 2005

MaliciousOnion posted:

My current resolution is 1280x1024 but if you want to just throw up a big one in widescreen, I can sort the rest out myself.

This should do the trick. Let me know if not!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

Any idea if they'll go back to the cowboy theme in future? I remember writing Lego a letter when I was 8 or so suggesting the theme, even pointing out how they already had horses and cowboy style hats, but once they finally made them I was kind of not into Lego at the time.

I know its not what you meant but a future cowboys series would rock, it would be like a non-licensed Firefly.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Spaceman Future! posted:

I know its not what you meant but a future cowboys series would rock, it would be like a non-licensed Firefly.

I kind of wondered if they wouldn't do a tie-in with Cowboys and Aliens.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

I kind of wondered if they wouldn't do a tie-in with Cowboys and Aliens.

I would buy a set just for LEGO Daniel Craig.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

downfall posted:

This should do the trick. Let me know if not!

Perfect! Can't wait to see more.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
Finally got the alien minifig so I can stop with my obsession until I decide that one of the others looks particularly good.

And god drat I want a space limo now. I've never seen any for sale in the UK though, any ideas where I could get one? In a store I mean, obivously could probably get one on t'internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Woah gotta share this one too, one of Joker's best monologues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT0U8-JZyLg