Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

pnumoman posted:

Naw, Guts will do some super-power-ultra-spinning thing to his sword as he throws it, turning it into a spinning ball of sword. Griffith will try to dodge out of the way, but he forgot Guts did extra training to make the spinning ball of sword fly in a completely unpredictable path, and so the flying, spinning sword ball will nail him square in the chest.

Then it will bounce off, because Griffith was wearing magical plot armor.

Then they start wrestling each other.

In a vat of pudding.

Then Caska joins in.

And the princess chuckles off to the side with her head maiden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Zodd accidentally swallows Puck while flying, chokes, and dies.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Not to discount the loss of life, but hopefully Miura isn't buried under some rubble right now...

I know he's a recluse, but it wouldn't hurt to get on the net to let people know he's alright.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I suspect he's fine. However an inkwell. All over the next chapter...

:qq:

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Rather, all over his memory card, forcing him to start Idolmaster from the beginning (I have no idea what platform that's on).

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Rakugoon posted:

Rather, all over his memory card, forcing him to start Idolmaster from the beginning (I have no idea what platform that's on).

All the shakings RRODed his 360.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
Apparently Miura survived the quake and the next chapter of berserk is April 8th?

He supposedly drew this as well:

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

TheOneOutside posted:

Apparently Miura survived the quake and the next chapter of berserk is April 8th?

He supposedly drew this as well:

It doesn't load but the thumbnail is cute. Good to know he's safe and we'll get more berserk soon!

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

GoldenNugget posted:

It doesn't load but the thumbnail is cute. Good to know he's safe and we'll get more berserk soon!

Here's the full size.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

His style actually looks like he'd be doing romantic comedies. He'll go from Berserk to an epic adventure of a guy looking to find his dream girl.

who will look just like Griffith.

Kip
May 7, 2007

ArchDemon posted:

His style actually looks like he'd be doing romantic comedies. He'll go from Berserk to an epic adventure of a guy looking to find his dream girl.

who will look just like Griffith.

Griffith is far too effeminate to be taken by just any man. The series must be a tournament arc of increasingly feminine characters with androgynous characteristics and borderline ego-maniacal rages. The tournament never ends.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Kip posted:

Griffith is far too effeminate to be taken by just any man. The series must be a tournament arc of increasingly feminine characters with androgynous characteristics and borderline ego-maniacal rages. The tournament never ends.

So DBZ and the male protagonists from FF8-13 will fight it out for the honor of his buttery cornhole?

EDIT: Though if this existed in the story... what girly men are still alive?

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 25, 2011

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kip posted:

He's already been taken by a man though...

Kip
May 7, 2007

Jose posted:

He's already been taken by a man though...

This was merely the starting point of Griffith's character transformation. Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered, Rorschach saw mankind's depravity, and Griffith was taken by a bear before his prime.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Griffith eaten by a bear is probably the best way for the series to end.

BTW don't know if you guys like posts of fanart in this thread, but I drew this today:

badOrigo
Sep 14, 2007
Hey systematically marginalized groups, stop acting like victims!

Ccs posted:

Griffith eaten by a bear is probably the best way for the series to end.

BTW don't know if you guys like posts of fanart in this thread, but I drew this today:

It probably belong in the Creative Convention sub-forum but I'll give you some critic anyway just for the hell of it. Since it's just a head in profile there's not much else to mention than technical stuff.

Remember that this is meant as a gift:P

First of: The image get better if you squint your eyes (You don't get distracted by small details). Try using that for direction if all else fails.

The perspective is distorted. Between the upper lip and the dimensions of the skull you should be able to see some of the face on the other side of the nose. The upper nose bone is unusual high followed by a small braincase. The top of the ear would normally be in horizontal line with the eye brows. For balance some areas got to little shade/depth, among the more noticeable are lower nose, inner ear and eye/eye lids. Upper hair line is to lazy made compared to the rest of the image.

Not sure about Creative Convention since I haven't really checked it out that much but I do know that this place: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/ got some nice tutorials. (Plus it's where game concept artists usually post their digital stuff so it got lots of eye candy if you look for it.)

Anyway. Good luck.

Btw. Griffith will forever be a virgin princess. Not even mutilation, elevation to godhood and raping girls could change that. When I think about it that way I actually start feeling bad for the guy.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

badOrigo posted:

It probably belong in the Creative Convention sub-forum but I'll give you some critic anyway just for the hell of it. Since it's just a head in profile there's not much else to mention than technical stuff.

Remember that this is meant as a gift:P

First of: The image get better if you squint your eyes (You don't get distracted by small details). Try using that for direction if all else fails.

The perspective is distorted. Between the upper lip and the dimensions of the skull you should be able to see some of the face on the other side of the nose. The upper nose bone is unusual high followed by a small braincase. The top of the ear would normally be in horizontal line with the eye brows. For balance some areas got to little shade/depth, among the more noticeable are lower nose, inner ear and eye/eye lids. Upper hair line is to lazy made compared to the rest of the image.

Good stuff, thanks dude. You're right about all those things. I'll make some corrections to this image and also keep that in mind for the future.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Someone posted this in the badass pictures thread:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Rakugoon posted:

I say, Guts should get as close as he can without physical trouble, and then just throw the goddamn sword. You can't block that thing, it'd be like trying to catch a piano.
When Guts approached Griffith wasn't his problem the pain caused by the sacrifice brand?

Can't see that stopping Guts anymore, what with the berserker's armor and all.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

Its partly due to the fight the Skull Knight had with Void (is that who it was?) where he was completely useless. I know it was short and he stopped to do other things but he was completely ineffectual. We have no idea exactly what Griffith is capable of, just that all of the apostles immediately bow down to him aside from the emperor.

The Eclipse and Sacrificial ceremonies apparently are one of the few places where fate is malleable. Void survived through his own skill at magic, the Skull Knight wasn't preordained to miss the attack.

Rakugoon posted:

I say, Guts should get as close as he can without physical trouble, and then just throw the goddamn sword. You can't block that thing, it'd be like trying to catch a piano.

He's already used the hand cannon against Femto in his first appearance, it did nothing but get swatted away :(

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008
Do we know the sacrifice brand even does anything anymore? Before it was attracting monsters from other planes but now they're all on the same plane so it might not draw them anymore.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well, the Mark also bleeds when an apostle is near, so it works like Guts' spider sense for now. And the monsters it attracted are now pretty small fry after the power creep, Guts alone could easily keep them at bay all nights.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He could probably do it pretty easy before too, even right after he got the brand. The problem is that fighting monsters every night and getting barely any sleep can wear on a person. He'd have the same problem now if he didn't have friends to take shifts defending the party/stop the monster attracting problem all together.

imfrustrtd
Apr 24, 2010
Holy poo poo raws for chapter 319 are out.:holy:

Good set-up for the rear end-kicking to come I think. We get a reveal as to what the true form of the slug thing is, more on Guts' sword, and a bit of comedy with the pirates. I think I'm gonna be sad to see them go now :(.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Just finished a month-long re-read up to vol. 34, the last few vols being new to me, and all I gotta say is daaaaaaamn. Even being spoiled as to what happens, my jaw was still on the ground the whole time. There's not many forms of media where you can experience a decade-long payoff. I love Berserk so goddamn much.
It's a shame that he's slowing down to one volume every two years, but as long as we get more pages like Giant loving Tree Ganishka, I don't mind.

EDIT: Does anyone else find the Skullknight.net boards absolutely frustrating? I'll pop in occasionally but always leave in disgust. It's mostly due to a few spergy mods with 10,000+ posts, who fancy themselves absolute experts on anything Berserk-related, and chastise anyone who comes up with theories that they don't subscribe to.

Hatter106 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 8, 2011

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Hatter106 posted:

EDIT: Does anyone else find the Skullknight.net boards absolutely frustrating? I'll pop in occasionally but always leave in disgust. It's mostly due to a few spergy mods with 10,000+ posts, who fancy themselves absolute experts on anything Berserk-related, and chastise anyone who comes up with theories that they don't subscribe to.

Isn't that every single anime/comics board, ever?

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu

Hatter106 posted:

Absolutely. I used to post on there quite often before Azhalaleheal went completely :spergin:. I got my girlfriend into Berserk when we started dating and she made an account maybe a year ago and started posting in the speculation section. I guess one of her posts set off Azhalehal's aspergers and he actually PMed her telling her off.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Hatter106 posted:

Yeah, I had an account a few years back. I posted something about preferring playing games on a PC over the xbox360 and one of the admins decided I was stupid for not wanting to play a system that, at the time, was unreliable as gently caress. So he talked some poo poo, and I closed my account. They probably mean well, but they do piss a lot of people off.

On topic, I am looking forward to evil genius or whoever the hell is scanlating Berserk now. I really can't stand trying to decipher raw scans.

Also, is volume 34 out in Japan?

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
319 on somemanga yay

Anyone who read the raw didn't miss much. Hope this isn't 3-5 chapters of giant splash pages, or if so that it moves along quickly.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
That's our Guts :allears: Man, that many enemies? Let's just go kill Cthulhu from the inside !

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Jimmybob posted:

Also, is volume 34 out in Japan?

35 is out in Japan as of last September or so. I haven't seen a US release date for it, yet.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Into the mouth of the beast! Oh Guts, you are such a card!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
"Death by tentacle." :allears:

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Every time I start to despair over the length between chapters, a new one comes out, and they're always the same quality. Berserk is a wonderful thing.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
The Evil_Genius release of #319 is out, if you're into that sort of thing.

It looks like we might have the sea god's island arc wrapped up before the next inevitable break, maybe. The Berserker's Armor kind of makes drawn-out fights an impossibility.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Who willing to bet that in the next chapter it will be found out that the giant mouth is a tentacle for an even bigger giant mouth

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn it! Stop bumping this thread when there are no upd....

Well, well, welllllll.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Sydnesider posted:

Who willing to bet that in the next chapter it will be found out that the giant mouth is a tentacle for an even bigger giant mouth

This past year Miura took up math and a deep understanding of the tessellations, and will now use them as a model for his story crafting.

Now to patiently sit back and dream of Fairy Island. At some point it'll get mentioned again. Right, guys? Right?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hatter106 posted:

Yeah, SK.net is good for looking at sculpts and fanart and for getting up to date news on Berserk, but the mods are really spergy and also flip the gently caress out if anyone mentions scanlations.

Anyway 319 was pretty great, hopefully we get a good batch of episodes before the next break!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrigaar posted:

This past year Miura took up math and a deep understanding of the tessellations, and will now use them as a model for his story crafting.

Now to patiently sit back and dream of Fairy Island. At some point it'll get mentioned again. Right, guys? Right?

Soon we'll find out the Berserker Armor is Powered by Shader Model 3.0.